Session 32

Server started; please wait for map to refresh.

Teifling:

Tabris has connected.

Garrion: howdy

Tabris: Yo

Tiefling: picks up a trusty Hand.

Tiefling: readies a trusty Hand.

Tristan has connected.

Tristan: hola

Tabris: Yo

Garrion: howdy

Tristan: Hi G, was not as late as I thought I would be

Tristan: still waiting on a few people?

Garrion: yep, only you and tab here.. cedric is out of town

Tabris: Whoo, up to 17 on Power Blow skill

Tristan: sounds like a gay joke in there….

Tabris: lol

Tristan: what was the skill that lets you block arrows? was that in one of the powerups or just the characters book?

Tabris: Parry Missile Weapons, it’s in the basic book

Tristan: cool thanks

Zindal: ←rolls Parry Missile Weapons and gets 10 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 5

Zindal: ←rolls Power Blow and gets 8 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal FAILS by 1

Zindal: ←rolls Power Blow and gets 13 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal FAILS by 6

Garrion: as soon as Taragnor and Sachi arrive we can resume where we left off.. get that wrapped up

Zindal: ←rolls Power Blow and gets 12 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal FAILS by 5

Zindal: ←rolls Power Blow and gets 14 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal FAILS by 7

Zindal: ←rolls Power Blow and gets 12 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal FAILS by 5

Zindal: ←rolls Power Blow and gets 11 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of -5)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 1

Zindal: ←rolls Power Blow and gets 9 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of -5)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 3

Garrion: not doing to good there

Zindal: ←rolls Power Blow and gets 5 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of -5)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 7

Tabris: Yeah, it’s -10 to use the skill in the first round that you start concentrating on it

Tabris: Kinda like an iajutsu strike almost

Garrion: yeah, gotta build up to it

Tristan (Stan): Zindal, “Catch”

Sefiros has connected.

Garrion: hi sef

Tristan (Stan): hmmm…. not sure why that did not work

Zindal: Probably can’t target me

Tristan (Stan): yeah, no target… probably the reason

Zindal: Since each of our minis is in separate boxes

Sefiros: yo

Zindal: Yo

Sachi has connected.

Garrion: hi sachi

Sachi: Hihi!

Garrion: anyone seen taragnor.. he the only one left holding up the show

Zindal: Not sure where he is

Mina: havent been on today to say

Garrion: we’ll give him a little more then continue either way

Mina: so not sure if he was on earlier

Mina: btw, sachi/tab what time is our fate game at sat? 6 or 8?

Garrion: you guys trying out some FATE?

Mina: we play at 6 like we were doing ayalanae at the end as normal starting time now?

Mina: already have G

Mina: 2nd session

Garrion: never payed it and not know much about it, but heard it pretty good quick action

Zindal: 6 I think

Zindal: Yeah it’s pretty free form, not heavy on rules

Zindal: Character creation is kind of a pain though

Mina: i made an ex-assassin, sachi is the goofy professorial type wizardess, tabs the noble bastard kid, rift is i dunno, some kind of healer/wise man advisor, and dunc is sorta like head of the dukes secret police

Sachi: I think it’s 6?

Sachi: And yeah it’s fun!

Sachi: Character creation is fun too!

Tristan (Stan): never heard of it

Sachi: I think it’s better when you can get everyone there to do it at once

Garrion: so playing fantasy?

Zindal: Yeah

Sachi: Yeah~

Mina: yeah you have to spend a session to make your chars collectively

Zindal: Pre-Renaissance type fantasy with some basic magic

Mina: the char gen you cant really do on off time

Sachi: I’m a little more of a natural philosopher than a magician

Sachi: My magic skill isn’t that great but I’m awesome at making things~

Mina: yeah well whatever, i was trying to give him a quick summation

Mina: seem more alchemist than wizard

Mina: ie sons of ether is what i figured you were inspired by

Mina: since you always liked them when we talked mage

Mina: can your char actually do any alchemist type stuff?

Mina: like does she have an apothecary or anything too?

Mina: i assume so with your craft skill

Mina: then again i guess you need resources too prolly with that char concept, you take that?

Sachi: Yeah I did~

Sachi: It’s +2 but it’s my first priority to get to +3 if we start getting skill points and stuff

Mina: well +2 is pretty good in fate anyways

Mina: or at least i thought

Sachi: Yeah, I’m a blueblood though

Sachi: So I wanna be able to throw my money around :3

Garrion: we’ll wait till 8 and then jump back into it… Loryc will just have to fall back a bit.

Zindal: Nothing new there, lol

Sachi: He just appeared on my internet computer screen

Sachi: I meowed at him

Taragnor has connected.

Sachi: Meow~

Taragnor: hey

Garrion: howdy Taragnor

Taragnor: Where did we stop last time? DId Tab kill everything yet?

Zindal: Yeah I thought we had agreed that I would basically kill everything in the room with no problem

Garrion: yeah, tab hops across the corpses dispatching them

Taragnor: heh okay cool.

Loryc: (So we out of combat time? Or still in initiative?)

Zindal: Looks like out of combat

Loryc: (Wasn’t sure if the guys in the back were coming too)

Garrion: now you have a door to the north or the area to your rear

Zindal: “Tch… What a waste of time.”

  • Zindal flicks the blood off his blade

Garrion: Loryc senses his prey ahead and slightly right

Loryc: “He’s ahead and to the right… since we already got into a blood bath… we might as well finish this.”

Garrion: how long the glue persist?

Loryc: “I was hoping we could get in quickly and then leave, but apparently not.”

Sachi: 10 minutes I think, let me double-check

Garrion: well you can spend a FP and dismiss early i think

Zindal: “Think you can play hopscotch like me? Or you want to wag your finger and float over this stuff?”

  • Zindal jumps across the corpses and lands on the opposite side of the glue patch

Loryc: “I prefer to float.”

Garrion: give me an acro

Loryc: (I’ll just levitate over)

Zindal: ←rolls Acrobatics and gets 8 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 7

Garrion: ok, zindal hops across no problem

Garrion: the door is open from where the dogs came through

Sachi: Yeah hehe, but I might as well leave it in case we can use it again >.>

Sachi: Also yeah 10 minutes on the duration

Garrion: The mortared stone walls of this room give way to roughly chiseled rock walls to the west, where a narrow corridor turns to the north.

  • Zindal marches confidently through the halls

Garrion: Anyone can see that the walls and floor change from carefully mortared stone to roughly carved stone

Zindal: “Which way?”

Garrion: the hall proceeds north but a door lies in an alcove to the wst

  • Sachi hovers over Loryc’s shoulder.

Garrion: Loryc detects his prey to the NE

  • Melty hovers over Loryc’s shoulder.

Garrion: as he moves down the hall the sensation rotates to the west

Garrion: i mean east

Garrion: roll Per

Zindal: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 14 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal FAILS by 2

Melty: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 7 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 6

Loryc: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 9 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 7

Loryc: I still got my hearing up too btw

Garrion: Melty and loryc….

Loryc: So add +3 to that if it’s a hearing check

Garrion: whatever carved these tunnels was more like an animal’s claws than a manufactured tool.

Mina: I’ll go to lorycs house and practice my cooking skill on all his finery, cookware and food both

Mina: and make a mess, while he’s gone

Garrion: you all are hiding out in the shack in the slums, waiting in the dark for the others to arrive

Mina: i’ll stay with loryc, not in the slums :-p

Garrion: and it is night.. the sun has just set

Zindal: (Don’t think we know where Loryc’s place is, he’s keeping it secret from us, lol)

Mina: he’d tell me, we’re old friends

Garrion: you don;t have your new homes yet

Zindal: “So am I going the right way or what?”

Mina: plus he crashed my place :-p

Mina: i have an excuse for free rent

Mina: im a lady of high quality, i’ll go find a sugar daddy than stay in the slums

Garrion: ’the plan was to head to the shack with the bust and mee there since homes are being watched you think

Mina: cough sponsor

Garrion: anyway

Garrion: as you move further north the sensation rotates SE

Loryc: “Southeast now…”

Loryc: “So straight and to the right…”

Garrion: you have 3 paths to choose now… two north and one east

Garrion: Stop there

Loryc: (And yerah I was keeping my place a secret)

Garrion: roll stealth

Loryc: A Stealth check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Stealth and gets 6 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 9

Melty: A Stealth check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Stealth and gets 9 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 5

Garrion: your target is to the SW now Loryc

Zindal: A Stealth * check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Stealth * and gets 12 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 2

Mina: secret my ass, i’ll torture you out of it :-p

Garrion: This looks to be some kind of barracks; several simple bunk beds take up space in the corners of the room. A wooden door similar to the one outside the crypt stands shut on the west wall.

Loryc: “I’m getting southwest now…”

Loryc: “Looks like we’re getting closer hopefully.”

Loryc: “He’s probably hiding in the next room…”

Loryc: (whispering that btw)

  • Melty rubs her hands together gleefully.

Garrion: you see several people in this room going about business.

Garrion: they do not seem to have seen you yet as you hug the wall at the curve

Melty: Hmm, do we try and hold ’em up or what…?

Loryc: (oh they got another mummy though)

Zindal: (lol yeah, “Mummy”)

Loryc: (So that can prolly detect magic on us again, since they seem to have that always active)

Loryc: (wow that’s one big ass tiefling)

Loryc: (He suppsoed to be ogre sized?)

Melty: (Whoa)

Zindal: lol damn

Garrion: yes, but like urso

Loryc: “Zindal you think you can handle that? Or should we pull out?”

Garrion: with huge claw=like hands

Zindal: “Won’t hurt to have you backing me up… Do your thing with whatever you got and then I’ll cut down the rest.”

Garrion: some are carrying things and sorting gear, others are involved in conversations

Loryc: “Sure thing… I can give you a surprise attack at least, and I’ll try to slow down what I can.”

Zindal: “Which one is our target? You want him alive right?”

Loryc: “Yeah. I want to question him.”

Loryc: (I’ll shift the illusionI got on Zindal so that he looks like one of the guys from the prior room, minues the hole in the eye)

Garrion: your target does not seem to be visible… he is too far around the corner

Loryc: “I’d advise going for the mummy first.”

Zindal: “Heh… Sure, make it harder why don’t you…”

Melty: “I wanna save a little power for if a fight breaks out…”

Zindal: (If I’m using the Concentrate action is it obvious that I’m doing so?)

Tristan (Stan): i was going to say being outnumberd is not good in gurps but Zindal seems to be able to dance around with no problem. works for me

Garrion: well it is not like you strainign or anything but you can tell it is something more than just standing there doign nothing

Zindal: Hm, apparently I can’t do more than a step action anyway, so never mind that

Garrion: your call… dive in, retreat, etc… they have not seen you… yet

Zindal: “So what do you wanna do? Try to fool ’em and then surprise attack on the mummy?”

Loryc: (Heh well I’m letting Zindal make the call he’ll be doing most of the fighgting)

  • Loryc nods.

Garrion: Tiefling rolls 3d6 and gets 15 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Tiefling SUCCEEDS by 0

Loryc: “The other option is I can try to screw with the mummy from a distance.”

Zindal: ←rolls Overconfidence and gets 16 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal FAILS by 4

Zindal: “Heh, all right…”

Melty: “Good thing it’s at a distance… You don’t wanna get the mummy crotch rot.”

Zindal: (Okay, so you disguised me as one of the guys we fought before?)

Loryc: “But I’m not too confident on that one… and based on how you handled the other guys this might be easier.”

Loryc: (Yeah, and I’m still invisible myself)

Loryc: (course the mummy can see through that anyway)

Garrion: melty in pocket or out an ready now?

  • Zindal walks into the room to test out his disguise

Loryc: (I mean the mummy can prolly detect your magic so you mgiht as well move quick)

Loryc: (Before he can call out alarm)

Garrion: illusioned like the tiefling or the one wrapped up in cloth?

Loryc: (like one of the teiflings)

Garrion: ok, the thugs it is

Loryc: (Just one of thsoe guards that got an untimely eyestabbing

Loryc: (Figure in the few seconds it takes to ask them a question Zindal will already have eye stabbed someone)

Garrion: roll acting -2 for impromptu

Zindal: ←rolls Acting and gets 8 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of -2)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 1

Zindal: Whooo

Loryc: (Since it’s all like “Hey what are you doing here? OH GOD MY EYE!”

Zindal: lol

Garrion: Zindal strolls on in none the wiser…. till you see the cloth wrapped figure turn and look at you

Zindal: Yeah I’ll start walking towards where the mummy guy is acting all non-chalant

Garrion: Thaumatology rolls 3d6 and gets 6 vs. Skill (18 with a modifier of 0)

Thaumatology CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 12

Zindal: lol damn

Garrion: you get this far…..

Tristan (Stan): i love rpg’s….

Garrion: “Stop him, he is an impostor under illusion!”

Zindal: “Tch…”

Garrion: inits

Loryc: who yelled that? The mummy?

  • Zindal prepares to fight! Initiative: 13

Zindal: Yeah

Garrion: YES

  • Tiefling prepares to fight! Initiative: 18.5
  • Mummy prepares to fight! Initiative: 16
  • Brawler prepares to fight! Initiative: 20.25
  • Loryc prepares to fight! Initiative: 16

Garrion: melty

Garrion: ok, she can jump in when roll init

Loryc: okay it’s probably time to drop the great haste.

Loryc: Zindal can you handle losing 5 FP?

Zindal: Yeah, should be okay I think… When do you start taking penalties for low FP?

Zindal: At 1/3 left?

Garrion: the tieflings in the room all drop what they are carrying/doing and draw daggers

Loryc: yeah think it’s 1/3rd

Zindal: Yeah I should be good then

Loryc: oh theyy just got daggers should be more or less immune with your DR anyway

Zindal: I’m gonna blow 1 FP to get up to the mummy and attack and then I’ll have like 5/12 left after the spell wears off

Loryc: you want the spell or save it for later?

Zindal: Eh, guess we’ll see how much trouble I have with these guys

Loryc: okay I’ll wait then.

Garrion: the big dude responds to the warning… turning on you

Zindal: Would I have had time to Fast Draw my sword before init?

Tristan (Stan): garrion, is all this stuff pre-packaged or do you have to create each scene?

Garrion: no

Garrion: ((The map?))

Tristan (Stan): yeah, the map

Garrion: you were strolling confidently when the warning was raised, no weapon drawn

Tristan (Stan): guessing you throw it together?

Garrion: no the map was already made

Melty: I’m curious about mapmaking cause I wanna do a Dark Souls campaign someday

Garrion: ok the big guy tries to grab you

Tristan (Stan): ok cool. i was thinking “man, this is a lot of work”. which I know it is but that makes me feel a bit better knowing that it’s a little pre-gen

Error in body of roll. Statement options (if any): r Statement Body : getName(targetID)
  • Melty prepares to fight! Initiative: 17

Tiefling:
←Attacks Zindal with a Grapple
in the Torso
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 14 (14 with a modifier of 0)

Tiefling SUCCEEDS by 3

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: Hmmm, this could be trouble

Melty: Oh dear

Loryc: well I mean seems the maps are about as hard to do as D&D maps basically.

Zindal: tries to dodge and rolls a 7 with effective skill 14

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 7

Loryc: If you wanted to be simple you just draw walls otherwise you can add map tokens and such to get more complicated.

Garrion: you can troll web for some very good maps

Tristan (Stan): cool

Garrion: very nice dodge

  • Zindal ducks the big guy’s grab with a sly grin

Garrion: as he reaches out to grab zindal he deflty side-steps doe to his combat reflexes

Melty has received initiative.

Zindal: “Well, so much for that idea I guess.”

  • Melty flies up to the corner, then starts charging a lightning bolt…

Garrion: ok, so concentrate action?

Garrion: anything else with other mind?

Melty: Nah, I used one action to move up and the other to do that

Melty: You can’t concentrate and move more than a step normally, unless your skill is real high

Garrion: right

Melty: Gonna charge up 3 points for now

Garrion: The cloth figure concentrates….

Melty: ←rolls Air Spells and gets 10 vs. Skill (20 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 10

Melty: That’s just to charge it up

Garrion: ok

Garrion: ui’m trying to find cssomething

Melty: kk~

Garrion: ok, got it

Garrion: Spell rolls 3d6 and gets 15 vs. Skill (18 with a modifier of 0)

Spell SUCCEEDS by 3

Garrion: a ball of energy forms in the figures hands

Loryc has received initiative.

Zindal: lol, I might get to finally find out if I can parry missile spells

Loryc: Hmm…

Loryc: Who has the ball of energy?

Zindal: Mummy dude I think

Garrion: roll per

Loryc: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 7 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 9

Melty: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 11 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 2

Garrion: Loryc can see past the big dude enough to see that the “mummy” has a biolt of energy in hands

  • Melty is probably too busy hiding behind the wall

Loryc: hmmm… I’ll put a msisile shield on Zindal.

Loryc: Will try to stay stealthy btw.

Loryc: lets see.. -3 for range.. and -8 fr active spells

Loryc: wait -9 for active spells damn

Loryc: ←rolls Spell (SL 25) and gets 12 vs. Skill (25 with a modifier of -12)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 1

Zindal: lol

Loryc: well still did it

Loryc: That’ll cost me 2 fatigue

Loryc: which can come out of my focus

Garrion: ok, so has missile shield?

Zindal: I have it

Loryc: Zindal has it

Garrion: right

Garrion: and that does?

Melty: Reverse Missiles? :3~

Zindal: That would be awesome, lol

Zindal has received initiative.

Loryc: makes all missile attacks including missile spells automatically miss. Though it misses in a way where they won’t necessarily know it’s magic at work. It just looks like a normal miss according to the spell

Loryc: Yeah I don’t have reverse yet.

Zindal: Oh nice, I like that spell

Zindal: ←rolls Fast-Draw (Sword) and gets 12 vs. Skill (18 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 6

Loryc: I thought you might.

  • Zindal glances up at the big Tiefling, “Be right back.”

Zindal: Will spend 1 FP to keep my full attack bonus after moving and go for the eye stab on mummy dude

Garrion: ok, so just diflects it?

Zindal: Makes it miss in a non-obvious way

Zindal: receives -1 fatigue, and now has 10 FP.

Zindal:
←Attacks Mummy with a Thrust
in the eye
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 16 (24 with a modifier of -8)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 4

-9 for eye, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 1 miscMod, 0 accMod

Loryc: yeah it’s on page 168 of GURPS magic

Loryc: basically says they may not know that it was affected since it looks like a normal miss

Loryc: it isn’t like a mystical shield deflection, it just makes it like narrowly miss.

Loryc: It doesn’t bounce off or anything

Loryc: And there’s no visible effect that its on.

Mummy: tries to dodge and rolls a 10 with effective skill 8

Mummy FAILS by 2

Zindal: Boom

Zindal: The Enchanted Longsword inflicts 12 imp raw damage.

Zindal: 48 to the eye

Garrion: as the ball expands and glows zindal trusts his sword breaking the process and the figure…..

Garrion: -34

Garrion: 2.428571428571428571428571428571429

Mummy: Death Check

Mummy: Mummy rolls 3d6 and gets 11 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

Mummy FAILS by 1

Zindal: lol awesome, instadeath

Melty: :3

  • Zindal pulls his sword out of the mummy’s eye and turns to face the others… “One down, who’s next?”

Garrion: the fugure seizes and shudders on the tip of his blade before going limp and falling to the ground

Mummy: Major Wound Check

Mummy: Mummy rolls 3d6 and gets 15 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

Mummy FAILS by 5

Mummy: Death Check

Mummy: Mummy rolls 3d6 and gets 11 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

Mummy FAILS by 1

Garrion: the thugs all close in on zindal….

Melty: Better keep your back to the wall, dude

Loryc: yeah…

Zindal: Yeah I tried to, but I had to be facing the mummy guy somewhat to stab him

Loryc: If you get shanked in the back this could go poorly.. though hopefulyl your armor can handle eit

Loryc: Would hate for this to turn into a prison shower room. lol.

Zindal: lol

Garrion: 2 attacks wioth no defense from the flank

Garrion: 1 from the side with a reduced defense

Garrion: and 2 from the front

Zindal: Okay, I’ll start the parries with the partial defense one, what’s the defense reduction for that?

Zindal: Well actually let’s see if they hit me first

Brawler 9:
←Attacks Zindal with a Thrust
in the neck
←Rolls 16 vs. Skill 13 (14 with a modifier of -1)

Brawler 9 FAILS by 3

-5 for neck, 4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Brawler 8:
←Attacks Zindal with a Thrust
in the neck
←Rolls 6 vs. Skill 13 (14 with a modifier of -1)

Brawler 8 SUCCEEDS by 7

-5 for neck, 4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Brawler 8: The Small Knife inflicts 5 imp raw damage.

Zindal: Damn, no defnese on that one…

Zindal: DR 3 on the neck

Loryc: heh wow, only DR 3?

Zindal: Actually wait, I should have more than that

Zindal: Oh I see the problem, my equipment isn’t in the right status

Zindal: readies a trusty Elven Mail Coif.

Zindal: Neck is DR 8

Garrion: well if you had a coif he would not have attacked the neck

Zindal: Yeah I would have had that equipped before going into a potential combat situation

Zindal: Though I’m illusioned right now

Zindal: So if these guys aren’t wearing those he wouldn’t know I had it

Zindal: Since I look like one of them

Garrion: true… so i guess he wouldn’t know your armor status

Zindal: Yeah

Zindal: I look like one of them, so I look like I’m wearing the same stuff they are

Loryc: yeah.

Garrion: ok, the coif protects the thrust as you feel a jab on the back of your neck

Loryc: you’d look like one of them casue of the illusion

Garrion: now the side attack

Loryc: (to Melty) “I really hope he’s as good as he thinks he is…”

Brawler 10:
←Attacks Zindal with a Thrust
in the Left Leg
←Rolls 14 vs. Skill 10 (14 with a modifier of -4)

Brawler 10 FAILS by 4

0 for Left Leg, -4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Brawler 6:
←Attacks Zindal with a Swing
in the Groin
←Rolls 14 vs. Skill 10 (14 with a modifier of -4)

Brawler 6 FAILS by 4

0 for Groin, -4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Brawler 5:
←Attacks Zindal with a Swing
in the Right Leg
←Rolls 13 vs. Skill 10 (14 with a modifier of -4)

Brawler 5 FAILS by 3

0 for Right Leg, -4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Garrion: the b ig dude steps up

Garrion: "I will crush you…..

Tristan (Stan): looks like he does not have to be good, everyone else just has to suck

Zindal: lol

Tristan (Stan): why the -4?

Tiefling:
←Attacks Zindal with a Grapple
in the Right Arm
←Rolls 5 vs. Skill 14 (14 with a modifier of 0)

Tiefling SUCCEEDS by 9

0 for Right Arm, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: I’m guessing because they moved

Loryc: lol.

Tristan (Stan): ah

Garrion: yes, move and atk

Zindal: Can I parry him trying tog rab me? lol

Tristan (Stan): ok cool

Zindal: grab*

Loryc: yeah move and attack is really bad if you don’t have that 1 FP thing

Loryc: Since it’s a penatly and it’s capped skill at 9.

Loryc: The capped skill is really where it hurts.

Zindal: Yeah heh

Tristan (Stan): is that 1 fp thing a special ability or anything can do it?

Loryc: Pretty sure you can try to parry a grab attempt

Tristan (Stan): wow, capped skill at 9 blows

Zindal: Think you have to have Weapon Master or Trained by a Master to do it

Garrion: only if it has trained by a master

Loryc: Think you need weapon master to do the 1 FP thing

Loryc: but otherwise don’t think it requires a skill

  • Zindal knocks the big guy’s hand away with his sword

Zindal: tries to parry and rolls a 6 with effective skill 26

Zindal CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 20

Zindal: lol awesome

Tristan (Stan): nice

Loryc: wow.

Garrion: wow, nice

Loryc: should get to slash his hand on that one

Loryc: or cut it off lol.

Loryc: Succeed by 20 and with a crit success. lol.

Tristan (Stan): i’m going to start calling Zindal Chuck Norris

Loryc: That deserves some kinda uber parry.

Melty has received initiative.

Tristan (Stan): no damage on the arm parry?

Garrion: not with his DR

Zindal: Heh, damn

Melty: Whoaaaaa.

Tristan (Stan): got ya

Tristan (Stan): still learning all the rules. this is actually super helpful. What DR do you need not to take damage?

Zindal: Hmm, thin out the mooks or concentrate on big dude…

Tristan (Stan): kill big dude and mooks might run

Zindal: Don’t want one of them to run though, he’s the guy we’re after

Zindal: Whichever one he is

Tristan (Stan): start hacking arms and legs

Garrion: i think anything over 4 takes no damage on a parry, not positive on that though

Tristan (Stan): good to know

Zindal: Yeah I’m not sure what that rule is exactly

Zindal: Oh, I know for the Parry Missle Weapons thing it’s DR 3

Tristan (Stan): 4 sounds good

Melty: Ummmm is it one of the little guys we’re looking for?

Zindal: So I can actually parry arrows with my hands

Tristan (Stan): ranger is sad

Zindal: Before we went into the room the guy we were looking for was to the SW somewhere

Zindal: Loryc is the only one who knows who it is though

Zindal: Or knows where they are rather

Loryc: Ah yeah, who is the guy we’re after? can I tell?

Garrion: i think that lets you parry with anything you want.. but your hand parry will probably be less than sword

Loryc: Or is he still in the other room

Tristan (Stan): You should totally be like “i’ll start with your arms then your legs!” and start with the follow through

Zindal: lol

Melty: Yeah heh I wanna not shoot the guy we’re after if possible…

Garrion: the sensation is out of loryc’s vision around the corner to the SW

Garrion: you will have to relate that to the others

Loryc: probably behind that door I’m guessing.

Melty: Do I gotta make a pop-up attack to hit one of those guys from over here? I still have lost my missile attack macro ; ;

Garrion: yes, you will have to move some to see them

Garrion: that should do it ;)

Tristan is disconnected.

Tristan has connected.

  • Melty tosses the bolt she’d charged up…

Garrion: as long as you spin around

Garrion: trick shot off the wall??

Garrion: haha

Melty: Hehehe :3

Zindal: lol, you could do that in the older editions of D&D

  • Melty zips over to the wall, kicking out with her leg to keep from crashing into it as she tosses her lightning bolt…

Garrion: can in PF too

Melty: Oooo really?

Zindal: lol do they have rules for bouncing the lightning bolt off stuff? I thought they got rid of that

Melty: That was like the thing that made lightning bolt worth using over fireball and they took it out in 3.X I thought

Melty: But if they put it back in for PF that’s awesome

Garrion: not sure about the spells but know archery feats that let you do trick shots

Melty: ←rolls Innate Attack (Beam) and gets 6 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of -2)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 8

Garrion: ok, who you tossing at?

Melty: That’s on brawler 10

Loryc: hehe… oh really? is that in PF?

Zindal: Heh, that should get him in the back

Melty: For 11 damage

Tristan: melty, love how you always describe your action, he’s with the visual.

Zindal: lol well trick shots with arrows are entirely different from using lightning bolt to bounce off of surfaces

Tristan: helps (not he’s)

Melty: Yay~ I like to be dynamic~

Garrion: ok wearing leather armor, it protects full from electric

Tristan: brb, sick preggers wife

Melty: If it did any damage he has to make a HT-(1 per 2 HP suffered) roll or be stunned

Mina: older editions dont include 3.5 grognard mode on

Garrion: ok, 11-3 armor, – 5 resist… 3 gets through

Mina: old D&D is 1st or 2nd, or original, you maggots :-p

Brawler 10: is reduced 3 HP, and now has 10 HP.

Brawler 10:
HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls HT and gets 10 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of -1)

Brawler 10 SUCCEEDS by 2

Garrion: he succeeds

Mina: now if gurps only had stats for living walls….

Melty: Awww

Mina: or mimics

Melty: Guess I’ll just have to charge up a massive AOE with like half the energy I got left…? :3

Zindal: That Greater Haste spell might not be a bad idea just to speed this up, lol

Mina: a mimic disguised as a treasure chest is the bane of tab

Garrion: the “mummy” bleeds profusely from the head wound

Mina: or any other treasure whore

Loryc has received initiative.

Melty: Purr, I wanna get that spell

Mina: though i did throw in a mimic bed once in one campaign

Mina: that would be really fun with tab

Zindal: lol

Mina: since he’s so prone to finding himself in one

Melty: I’m totally gonna use the Dark Souls mimic if I run a fantasy game :3 I still wanna run that Dark Souls one, I think GURPS would be great for it

Melty: Some tweaks to the magic system and make up a system to simulate how you resurrect when you’re undead and we’d pretty much be good to go

Mina: he’d go checking every mattress afterwards knowing him “I’m giving it the old mimic test first, my lady.”

Garrion: i’ve been playing a little bloodborne, but off the topic.. let’s clean these guys up

Melty: Of course I’d wanna use more of the gritty combat rules too :3

Loryc: haha… yeah I love the dark souls mimic.

Loryc: That thing is so freaky.

Melty: I love how it like one-hit kills you if you try to open it, lol

Melty: Just like eats your whole torso

Mina: there was a mimic staircase in that old ruined tower of Sefs in yurath

Loryc: So… did we rule that casting daze breaks invisibility?

Loryc: Or what?

Mina: would have been funner if it was still alive tho

Loryc: I think G said at one point that non-damage spells don’t count as attacks

Garrion: any attack that affects an opponent

Loryc: not sure though.

Loryc: ah okay.

Loryc: Okay.. I’ll just go full defense then for now.

Loryc: Zindal looks like he’s got this handled.

Zindal: lol

Loryc: Ajnd I don’t have a 24 parry.

Zindal has received initiative.

Zindal: 26

Tristan: back

Loryc: I dont’ have that either :P

  • Zindal puts his back to the wall and stares down the big Tiefling

Zindal: “Now for number two.”

Mina: eww

Mina: does someone have a cup

Zindal: I’m gonna do -2 on my attack to give him -1 on defense

Zindal:
←Attacks Tiefling with a Thrust
in the eye
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 14 (24 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 2

-9 for eye, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -1 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tiefling: tries to parry and rolls a 10 with effective skill 9

Tiefling FAILS by 1

Zindal: HAH

Zindal: The Enchanted Longsword inflicts 12 imp raw damage.

Zindal: 48, unless he has some kind of eye DR

Mina: i keep picturing tab as having imp status like in FF6

Garrion: nope

Zindal: lol

Zindal: Yeah he takes 48 to the eye then

Tiefling: is reduced 48 HP, and now has -33 HP: at half move.
Tiefling breaches -15 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.
Tiefling breaches -30 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.

Tiefling: Death Check

Tiefling: Tiefling rolls 3d6 and gets 11 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Tiefling SUCCEEDS by 1

Tiefling: Death Check

Tiefling: Tiefling rolls 3d6 and gets 10 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Tiefling SUCCEEDS by 2

Tiefling: Major Wound Check

Tiefling: Tiefling rolls 3d6 and gets 11 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Tiefling SUCCEEDS by 1

Zindal: Damn, tough bastard

Garrion: he roars with rage as blood drops from the empty eye socket

Zindal: “Heh, a bit tougher than the last one.”

Garrion: two flanking attacks

Tristan: wow, 48 to the eye. that dude is a champ

Loryc: lol yeah.

Brawler 5:
←Attacks Zindal with a Swing
in the Left Leg
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 14 (14 with a modifier of 0)

Brawler 5 SUCCEEDS by 2

0 for Left Leg, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: Heh, he only barely made the rolls though

Loryc: still man, it’s 48 damage to the eye.

Zindal: lol yeah

Tristan: that’s like dragon slaying damage

Brawler 9:
←Attacks Zindal with a Swing
in the Left Leg
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 14 (14 with a modifier of 0)

Brawler 9 SUCCEEDS by 3

0 for Left Leg, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: What’s the defense penalty for side attacks?

Garrion: -2

Garrion: If you have a one-handed melee weapon, you cannot parry an attack that comes from the other side of your body, only one that comes from the same side

Zindal: Heh, damn, all right I guess I’ll have to soak the one from the guy on my left

Zindal: tries to parry and rolls a 12 with effective skill 24

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 12

Zindal: And that’s for the guy on my right

Brawler 5: The Small Knife inflicts 5 cut raw damage.

Zindal: Soaked by DR

Loryc: I get the feeling ZIndal is gonna start dual wielding.

Zindal: lol

Zindal: I could probably pull it off with my skill

Melty: :3

Garrion: ok, the front guys now

Brawler 6:
←Attacks Zindal with a Swing
in the Torso
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 14 (14 with a modifier of 0)

Brawler 6 SUCCEEDS by 2

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: tries to parry and rolls a 15 with effective skill 24

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 9

Brawler 10:
←Attacks Zindal with a Swing
in the Left Leg
←Rolls 13 vs. Skill 11 (14 with a modifier of -3)

Brawler 10 FAILS by 2

0 for Left Leg, 0 for maneuver, -3 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Garrion: don’t forget your multiple parry penalty

Zindal: Yeah, I took -2 on that one

Zindal: But no -2 for side attack

Garrion: ok

Zindal: Next one will be at -4

Zindal: etc

Melty: You should get peripheral vision or 360 degree vision

Melty: Grow a bunch of eyes

Brawler 8:
←Attacks Zindal with a Swing
in the Left Arm
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 14 (14 with a modifier of 0)

Brawler 8 SUCCEEDS by 2

0 for Left Arm, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Melty: Extra ones in the back

Zindal: tries to parry and rolls a 16 with effective skill 22

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 6

Zindal: lol yeah

Loryc: lol.

Melty: Women will adore it

Melty: Wuh oh

Zindal: Just need to find some kind of awesome sword skill to represent that

Zindal: I took Power Blow for Iajutsu Strike basically, lol

Melty: Just keep dipping your head in the far realm until you mutate it or turn into a monstrosity

Brawler 4:
←Attacks Melty with a Swing
in the Torso
←Rolls 8 vs. Skill 4 (14 with a modifier of -10)

Brawler 4 FAILS by 4

0 for Torso, -4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -6 miscMod, 0 accMod

Melty: “Kyaaaa!”

Loryc: Yeah Cthulhu is a diety in Golarion.. just sayin…

Zindal: lol

Melty: Ooo I keep forgetting Golarion has a ton of Lovecraft-inspired stuff

Brawler 7:
←Attacks Melty with a Swing
in the Right Arm
←Rolls 13 vs. Skill 4 (14 with a modifier of -10)

Brawler 7 FAILS by 9

0 for Right Arm, -4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -6 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan: looks like being small is not so bad

Melty: Kinda like I was reading about ADOM or some other roguelike where the deeper you go into the dungeon the more corruption there is and it mutates you

Melty: I love being tiny~

Tiefling:
←Attacks Zindal with a Claw
in the Torso
←Rolls 17 vs. Skill 14 (14 with a modifier of 0)

Tiefling CRITICALLY FAILS by 3

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: lol

Melty: Ohhhhh

Tristan: that happens when you had a sword in your eye…

Tiefling:
←Attacks Zindal with a Claw
in the Right Arm
←Rolls 8 vs. Skill 14 (14 with a modifier of 0)

Tiefling SUCCEEDS by 6

0 for Right Arm, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: He claws out his other eye?

Table critical_miss (Garrion): You lose your balance. You can do nothing (not even a free action) until your next turn and all your active defenses are at -2 until then.

Zindal: lol wow

Tristan: so, the second attack never when through

Zindal: That means he doesn’t get that second attack?

Garrion: correct

Zindal: Nice

Zindal: And he’s got -2 on all his defenses

Zindal: “You seem like you’re having some trouble there…”

Garrion: they eye really got to him

Melty has received initiative.

Melty: (Lookin’ up how melee spells work… I’d have to like move into his hex to use one right? Since I’d have to be in close combat and I’m tiny?)

Garrion: correct

Garrion: for a touch spell

Melty: I can take a step during a concentrate action I think, and also during a regular attack action (just 1 yard or 1/10 of your move or something)…

Garrion: yep

Melty: Can I use that to move into melee?

Garrion: yes

Melty: Yay~ Yeah I just found it lol

Garrion: you just have to charge up the spell first…..

Garrion: and roll to cast

  • Melty murmurs a few words, charging her wand with a Deathtouch spell… She flits around one of the brawlers, trying to dodge in under his guard and deliver the spell…]

Melty: (One action to cast it, one to try and deliver it)

Melty: I’m just gonna put her there so she doesn’t get lost lol

Melty: ←rolls Most Spells and gets 11 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 6

Garrion: hmm, has no time listed

Melty: It’s 1 second if there’s no time listed, to cast it

Melty: But I can take a concentrate action and a physical action in the same turn

Garrion: ok

Garrion: he attempts to dodge

Melty: Cause of my compartmentalized mind

Melty: ←rolls Brawling and gets 15 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Melty FAILS by 2

Garrion: or not

Melty: lol I missed anyway

Zindal: Aw

Melty: At least it’s like D&D where it doesn’t discharge if I miss

Garrion: well the charge is still held

Tristan: lot of build up and big let down….

Loryc has received initiative.

Zindal: There’s always next turn

Garrion: mummy bleeds

Loryc: hmm.> I’ll try to save Melty… at least fromj one of her attackers.

Garrion: wow, loryc getting physical?

Loryc: I’ll daze the closest guy to me at range 2.

Loryc: So that’ll be -9 for spells active and -2 from range

Loryc: ←rolls Spell (SL 25) and gets 14 vs. Skill (25 with a modifier of -11)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 0

Zindal: (lol, is one of those guys the one we’re after? Would be awkward if Melty hit him with Finger of Death after all of this)

Garrion: close one

Loryc: Yeah is one of those who we’re after/

Garrion: no, the sensation is still to the SW

Loryc: I’m assuming the one we’re after will be a named NPC heh.

Loryc: :P

Zindal: lol

Zindal: Now who’s metagaming? =P

Loryc: Well he has to amke a will save versus that

Loryc: Though since the MoS sucks, he’ll basically succeed on any MOS.

Loryc: and that probably breaks my invis

Brawler 4:
HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Will and gets 12 vs. Skill (9 with a modifier of 0)

Brawler 4 FAILS by 3

Garrion: fails by 3

Loryc: oh good

Loryc: so he’s dazed

Garrion: effect? just do nothing, save each round to break?

Loryc: Don’t think he gets a save to break

Loryc: Think he’s just out of the fight till he’s attacked.

Loryc: but lemme cehck.

Garrion: ok

Zindal: Damn, that’s pretty powerful

Melty: Whoa

Zindal has received initiative.

Garrion: zindal stares down ol’ 1-eye

Zindal: “Can I go two for two? Let’s find out!”

Melty: lol, I remember when I tried Mutants & Masterminds with some of my local friends and one of them had a sidekick named “The Scarlet Metagamer”

Garrion: lol

Zindal: Eye stab #2 on big dude, Gonna take -2 to give him -1 to defense, and he has another -2 to defense from his crit fail

Loryc: yeah any injury or if he has to make a resistance roll versus a spell will snap him out of it

Loryc: otherwise he just stands there unaware of what’s going on.

Zindal:
←Attacks Tiefling with a Thrust
in the eye
←Rolls 15 vs. Skill 14 (24 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal FAILS by 1

-9 for eye, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -1 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: Aw fuck

Zindal: I’m gonna Luck that

Tristan: i think miss by one still hits the face

Zindal:
←Attacks Tiefling with a Thrust
in the eye
←Rolls 8 vs. Skill 14 (24 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 6

-9 for eye, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -1 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan: when targeting eye

Zindal:
←Attacks Tiefling with a Thrust
in the eye
←Rolls 8 vs. Skill 14 (24 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 6

-9 for eye, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -1 miscMod, 0 accMod

Garrion: yep

Zindal: Hm yeah that’s true

Zindal: But I want his eye

Tiefling: tries to dodge and rolls a 10 with effective skill 3

Tiefling FAILS by 7

Zindal: And I got it

Zindal: The Enchanted Longsword inflicts 10 imp raw damage.

Zindal: 40 to his other eye

Tristan: i’m going to start buying you chocolate in case you ever get made at the group, you will be like “you guys suck, but Tristan did by me chocolate…”

Tiefling: is reduced 40 HP, and now has -73 HP: at half move.
Tiefling breaches -45 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.
Tiefling breaches -60 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.

Zindal: lol

Tristan: (and i’ll keep my eyes)

Tiefling: Death Check

Melty: :3

Tiefling: Tiefling rolls 3d6 and gets 5 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Tiefling SUCCEEDS by 7

Tiefling: Death Check

Tiefling: Tiefling rolls 3d6 and gets 11 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Tiefling SUCCEEDS by 1

Tiefling: Major Wound Check

Tiefling: Tiefling rolls 3d6 and gets 9 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Tiefling SUCCEEDS by 3

Tristan: ninja Tiefling

Zindal: lol damn, he’s still up

Tiefling: Collapse Check

Tiefling: Tiefling rolls 3d6 and gets 8 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Tiefling SUCCEEDS by 4

Zindal: Holy shit

Tristan: loaded digital dice

Garrion: he roars with increases rage

Zindal: “Wow, shouldn’t you be dead by now?”

Loryc: (to the two on Melty) “Why don’t you pick on someone your own size!? Someone who doens’t have powerful instant death magic… actually, now that I think about it, The size thing was probably kind of irrelevant.”

Garrion: from the flanks

Brawler 5:
←Attacks Zindal with a Swing
in the Torso
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 14 (14 with a modifier of 0)

Brawler 5 SUCCEEDS by 3

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: tries to dodge and rolls a 11 with effective skill 14

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 3

Brawler 9:
←Attacks Zindal with a Swing
in the Right Leg
←Rolls 13 vs. Skill 14 (14 with a modifier of 0)

Brawler 9 SUCCEEDS by 1

0 for Right Leg, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: tries to parry and rolls a 10 with effective skill 24

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 14

Garrion: from front

Melty: “Yeah! I’m adorable, but you oughta be runnin’ your ass away, punk!”

Brawler 6:
←Attacks Zindal with a Swing
in the Torso
←Rolls 13 vs. Skill 14 (14 with a modifier of 0)

Brawler 6 SUCCEEDS by 1

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: tries to parry and rolls a 14 with effective skill 24

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 10

Brawler 10:
←Attacks Zindal with a Swing
in the Torso
←Rolls 14 vs. Skill 11 (14 with a modifier of -3)

Brawler 10 FAILS by 3

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, -3 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Brawler 8:
←Attacks Zindal with a Swing
in the Right Arm
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 14 (14 with a modifier of 0)

Brawler 8 SUCCEEDS by 2

0 for Right Arm, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: tries to parry and rolls a 14 with effective skill 22

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 8

Garrion: the guy Melty tried to grab stands there

Garrion: dazed

Garrion: the other one slices at melty

Brawler 7:
←Attacks Melty with a Swing
in the Groin
←Rolls 9 vs. Skill 14 (14 with a modifier of 0)

Brawler 7 SUCCEEDS by 5

0 for Groin, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: Uh oh

Garrion: oh wait

Garrion: i didn’t add size mod

Zindal: Oh, lol

Garrion: that will miss

Tristan: it’s cool seeing how things that actually make sense take effect, like the size mod.

Garrion: but since it misses melty and hits who she engaged with… it deals damage to friend

Melty: Whewwwww

Brawler 7: The Small Knife inflicts 2 cut raw damage.

Tristan: and the daze guy is not dodging

Melty: And yeah I love being tiny~

Tristan: what is your ST score?

Table hit_location (Garrion): Left Leg

Garrion: as he misses Melty with his downward slice he hits his friend, but the armor absorbs the blow

Garrion: the raging tiefling…

Zindal: Massive penalties for blindness? lol

Tiefling: Collapse Check

Tiefling: Tiefling rolls 3d6 and gets 11 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of -4)

Tiefling FAILS by 3

Zindal: lol, finally down

Garrion: collapses unconscious

Garrion: from his wounds

Melty has received initiative.

Zindal: Yeah, blood pouring down his face and all over his chest from both of his vacant eye sockets

Zindal: That’ll do it

Garrion: zidal is a cruel maimer…. i think that is pretty evil, huh??

Zindal: He’s a tiefling, nobody cares about tieflings

Melty: Aww

Zindal: And I was actually trying to kill him quickly

Melty: But what about Mina? :(

Zindal: But he kind of resisted my efforst

Zindal: efforts*

Garrion: well you are right about that.. they are the low of low in cheliax even though the infernal heritage

Melty: I don’t think any of us know she’s part demon though

Mina: what about mina?

Zindal: lol yeah, Mina doesn’t count

Zindal: I said nobody cares about Tieflings, but you’re technically not a Tiefling

Zindal: Also like I said, Zindal was trying to kill the guy quickly, which could be seen as merciful

Garrion: ok, melty make your melee attack

Zindal: Though he has the Callous flaw, so he doesn’t really give a fuck if they suffer

Mina: lol you’re just a psychopath admit it :-p

Zindal: lol

Tristan is disconnected.

Mina: patrick bateman

Melty: “Aiyaaaa!”

Tristan has connected.

Melty: ←rolls Brawling and gets 9 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 4

Loryc: btw Sachi the closst one ot me is dazed, so you prolly wanna hit the other one

Loryc: not the dazed one

Tristan: i just pictured the “pixie punch”

Melty: Ooo yeah

Melty: I’ll take a step to move up to the non-dazed one

Tristan: (ant man style)

Zindal: You are merciless, if not cruel. You can decipher others’ emotions, but you do so only to manipulate them – you don’t care about their feelings or pain.

Zindal: Yeah, that’s Zindal

Brawler 7: tries to dodge and rolls a 10 with effective skill 9

Brawler 7 FAILS by 1

Loryc: lol damn he is a sociopath.

Melty: Waha!

Sefiros is disconnected.

Garrion: the magic flows from melty to her target

Melty: It’s 4 energy (spent 3 ER with the discount), so that’s 10 damage and armor does not protect

Melty: Aww, a little low

Melty: (hit location doesn’t matter either)

Brawler 7: is reduced 10 HP, and now has 3 HP: at half move.

Brawler 7: Major Wound Check

Brawler 7: Brawler 7 rolls 3d6 and gets 9 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Brawler 7 SUCCEEDS by 4

Loryc has received initiative.

Loryc: I’ll step upa nd try to dze the other one of Melt’ys opponents

Tristan: they are champs with their saves though…

Melty: “Kyahahaha… Give up and I’ll spare your lives!”

Garrion: lol

Loryc: ←rolls Spell (SL 25) and gets 13 vs. Skill (25 with a modifier of -10)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 2

Loryc: Will save (MoS 2 he has to beat)

Brawler 7:
HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Will and gets 14 vs. Skill (9 with a modifier of 0)

Brawler 7 FAILS by 5

Garrion: fail

Loryc: “Yes you’re realyl better off surrendering… you can just drop your weapons and run you know.”

Zindal has received initiative.

Loryc: “Alright those two guys are dazed, you can just leave them there Melty.”

Sefiros has connected.

Sefiros: why dont you try disarming or grappling him G :-p

Sefiros: you masaochist? :-p

Garrion: i have been trying to grapple

Garrion: but he parries everything

Zindal: “Now for the small fry.”

Zindal: lol

Garrion: or dodges

Sefiros: well he wont do that shit with mina, when parrying my sword, and it gets sliced in two :-

Garrion: i need a good grapple from the rear

Zindal: Rapid Strike on 8 and 9

Zindal: Going for Neck swings

Sefiros: tho thatd be too cruel to trick tab into a spar session

Sefiros: to nuke his treasure

Zindal:
←Attacks Brawler 9 with a Swing
in the neck
←Rolls 9 vs. Skill 16 (24 with a modifier of -8)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 7

-5 for neck, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -3 miscMod, 0 accMod

Sefiros: he might rage out like i was a missle battery on a gundam

Zindal:
←Attacks Brawler 8 with a Swing
in the neck
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 16 (24 with a modifier of -8)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 4

-5 for neck, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -3 miscMod, 0 accMod

Melty: I wanna do a playtest for my Dark Souls ideas, hehe

Brawler 8: tries to dodge and rolls a 8 with effective skill 9

Brawler 8 SUCCEEDS by 1

Brawler 9: tries to dodge and rolls a 8 with effective skill 9

Brawler 9 SUCCEEDS by 1

Zindal: Aw, lame

Garrion: eat that!!

Zindal: lol

Melty: By which I more or less mean try to come up with tactics that beat Zindal’s outrageous swordsmanship

Tristan: wow, dogging with 9’s

Zindal: Haha

Sefiros: i think im more on the fate bandwagon at this point hehe

Tristan: probably trying to stay out of reach

Zindal: Well I’m sure magic could fuck me over pretty well

Sefiros: seems to do low fantasy good

Garrion: oh i will, these are very low level guys in the scheme of things.. not meant to be good

Sefiros: first time ive had a rogue type that didnt suck

Zindal: lol, yeah I mean these guys didn’t seem like hot shit from what I could tell

Zindal: They’re a bunch of rogues wearing leather

Sefiros: i remember the 2nd ed rogues

Sefiros: man they sucked

Loryc: hehe

Garrion: the guys all take Loryc’s advice and run

Sefiros: with their 20% pick pocket skills

Loryc: yeah all rogues in D&D were kinda terrible.

Garrion: loryc going to let by?

Tristan: lol, forgot about that

Loryc: Yeah sure. I’ll let em run.

Tristan: old school

Zindal: “Aww, where are you going? I was just getting started!”

Loryc: So long as they look suitably terrified

Garrion: after seeing thier big guy fall

Loryc: But I mean I’m assuming after seeing liike 3-4 successive eye stabs and the guy effortlessly parry your shit

Loryc: you’re just gonna get the hell out of dodge.

Zindal: lol yeah

Zindal: I soaked or dodged or parried everything they threw at me and then took down both of their heavy hitters in short order

Tristan: I would

Melty has received initiative.

Melty: Yeah I really like FATE, just I think GURPS would work better for Dark Souls cause something tactical I think would work well

Garrion: ok, if you letting run we can exit init

Tristan: in fact, i’m thinking about shooting zindal while he’s sleeping so he wont stab me later

Zindal: lol

Melty: Yeah hehe, I’m not gonna shoot ’em in the back

Zindal: Zindal would, but he’s kind of bored with the small fry

Zindal: So he’ll let them go and just make sure big guy is dead

Zindal: Although these guys did have a reward out on them….

Zindal: I think

Loryc: btw I’ll stop maintaining the daze on those guys, and let them run too.

Garrion: ok, you coup him

Loryc: (assuming none is our prey)

Tristan: lol, they probably are shitting themselves right now

Loryc: (to dazed guys) “By the way.. all your friends went that way…”

Tristan: can you shit if your dazed?

  • Loryc points.

Zindal: lol yeah, how terrified are they of me?

Garrion: ok zindal, your quarry is to the SW

Garrion: pretty damn scared

Zindal: SW is like, where we came from…

Garrion: yep.. there is a door

Zindal: Oh, I guess there’s that room over there

Loryc: “You may want to tell them to clear on out. And maybe to invest your resrouces in an eyepatch store.”

Zindal: “Leave your valuables behind or I’ll hunt you all down!”

  • Zindal laughs

Garrion: Zindal is dispatching the big guy while Loryc gets a bearing

Garrion: they already gone…. too late zindal

Zindal: Aw

Zindal: Oh well

Garrion: they high tailed it fast

Garrion: ok, there is a door in the west wall

Garrion: or you can search this room

Loryc: “We’ve already made this about as unprofessional a job as I’d like.”

Loryc: “No need to mug them too.”

  • Zindal shrugs

Zindal: “Might as well get something for having to deal with a bunch of useless weaklings.”

Loryc: “Well we’re after the information.”

Garrion: per

Zindal: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 10 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 2

Loryc: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 8 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 8

Garrion: this is hearing based

Loryc: (remember we’re both under illusion too)

Loryc: (So they don’t know who we are necessarily)

Melty: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 9 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 4

Garrion: who had hearing boost?

Zindal: Loryc had something I think

Garrion: Loryc you hear the faint sound of stone grinding on stone.. but it could be Zindal thinking…..

Loryc: i had hearing boost

Loryc: +3 to hearing

Loryc: which direction do I hear this?

Loryc: sounds liek a secret door opening or somethingv?

Garrion: too faint to really tell, but somewhere south you think

Garrion: tick tock, tick tock

Loryc: “Alright lets keep going…”

Loryc: (Our target still to the west?)

Loryc: (or has he moved)

Loryc: ?

Garrion: yes, almost directly

  • Zindal tries the door

Garrion: the door is unlocked and opens….

Loryc: “Remember we want this guy alive.”

Zindal: “Yeah, yeah…”

Zindal: lol

Loryc: what the …

Loryc: the guy died of fright?

Garrion: just as the door opens you see a corpse on the floor, a hooded person

Zindal: “Heh, so much for that…”

Loryc: (that the guy I’m looking for?)

Garrion: and to the south, a secret door just slides shut

Garrion: click… it locks into place

Zindal: Heh, damn, somebody else killed him to keep us from getting to him

Garrion: a dagger is burried in the guys chest

Melty: “Aw, soddin’ sausage sticks!”

Zindal: “I’m guessing maybe you wanna go after whoever just left.”

Loryc: “Fortunbately i’ve got a spell for just this occasion..”

Garrion: his throat is also sliced

  • Loryc approaches the secret door.

Garrion: under the dagger is a note

Loryc: well I’m gonna be in hot pursuit for now

Loryc: not gonna stop to read that

  • Melty looks at the note while Loryc tries to manipulate this infernal “door”

Loryc: (And I’m gonn cast create door on the secret door)\

Garrion: search roll to try to find the mechanism

Melty: Ooooo bypass

Loryc: (nah not gonna bother I got a bypass)

Garrion: Melty looks at the tattered and bloody note…..

Garrion: Palaveen — While we appreciate the work of your Bastards, the Council never intended this association to be anything more than that. We shouldn’t need to remind you that if your tiring applications continue, we’ll need to solve this problem in a manner less concerned with your continued good health.

Loryc: Would 20 square feet be enough of a surface for us to get through?

Loryc: It says I get 10 sq.feet per 2 energy.

Loryc: Not sure exactly how big that is.

Loryc: Maybe Tab could do the math on that. lol.

Garrion: you dunno how thich the wall is but ….

Loryc: Well that doens’t matter

Loryc: it always sends you to the other side.

  • Melty takes the note in hopes they can use it for tracking, magical or otherwise…

Loryc: well iot’s -1 per yard of thickness

Garrion: that would be 3 ft wide by 6 ft tall

Loryc: but I’m assuming it isn’t that thick

Garrion: plenty enough

Loryc: a yard thick secret door would be insanely thick.

Zindal: Heh, what are you trying to do exactly?

Loryc: Making a “door” in the wall

Loryc: basically you walk through something 20 sq feet ins ize

Loryc: and appear on the other side

Zindal: Oh, yeah 20 square feet is like… You could do 3 wide and 6 tall and have a little left over

Loryc: I just need an area big enough that you can fit through.

Loryc: Okay… cool… so that’d enough

Loryc: Alright I’ll do that.

Garrion: yep

Loryc: will csot 1 FP.

Loryc: “Ths won’t stay open long… so run through when I make it”

Garrion: so this like a gate spell or it actually change the wall structure?

Loryc: gate spell

  • Zindal nods

Garrion: very nice

Loryc: creates a short term gate that goes to the other side basically

Loryc: ←rolls Spell (SL 25) and gets 9 vs. Skill (25 with a modifier of -9)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 7

Loryc: (And we’ll all file through the gate.)

Garrion: ok, the gate opens

Loryc: It’s the latest in Breaking and Entering technology.

Loryc: “After the guy! Run him down”

Zindal: There we go, the optimum area is 3.16 ft by 6.32 ft I think

Zindal: 19.9712

Loryc: (Melty can probably catch him isn’t she super fast?

Loryc: (What’s her fly speed?)

Loryc: (Thinkl it’s like a 10 or something right?)

Garrion: 12

Loryc: (Yeah damn send the fairy brigade!)

Garrion: you do not see anyone in the hall

Melty: Yep, had to check lol

Loryc: (I figure you guys are faster than me)

Loryc: (So they can go ahead)

Loryc: (Not sure what Zindal’s speed is but Loryc is generalyl slow)

Garrion: ok, you goign south the way you came in?

Loryc: (Whereever I hear him)

Loryc: (I’ll point that out, I’m assuming he’s runnign fast)

Garrion: per

Zindal: Heh, Zindal’s speed is 7, move is 6

Loryc: (and the door wasn’t closed that long)

Loryc: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 7 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 3)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 12

Loryc: I added +3 already for my super hearing

Zindal: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 11 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 1

Garrion: you hear faint steps to the south….

Garrion: Loryc does

Zindal: Is the glue still there? lol

Zindal: Has it been 10 minutes?

Loryc: (probably)

Loryc: (I mean it lasts 10 mins)

Loryc: (So that should still be active)

Loryc: (We ain’t been down here longer than 10 min)

Garrion: depends on how slowly you crept down the hall

Zindal: Not that slowly

Loryc: (not that slowly. lol.)

Zindal: Zindal was marching through like he owned the place

Garrion: i would say it still active

Loryc: (I mean it’s what like 20 yards maybe? No way that’d take us 10 minutes to traverse)

Loryc: (POlus the alarm was sounded too)

  • Melty drops the note down Loryc’s collar as she zips off in pursuit

Loryc: (So it ain’t like we were doing a ton of stuff)

Melty: (it was 10 minutes since I dropped it, and we’ve been fighting a lot)

Garrion: well you through it was

  • Loryc points south

Loryc: “That way! You two go!”

Garrion: apparently they didn’t hear the dogs or anything

Garrion: you take off the way you came down.. back up the stairs to the old converted temple

Loryc: (I mean I’m sending Melty ahead at full speed ahead, she’s gotta be at least twice as fast probably.)

Loryc: (So she should easily catch this guy)

Zindal: Yeah she should be able to harass the guy

Zindal: Slow him down and such

Loryc: well she can slow him down with electricity.

Garrion: but can she open the doors?

Loryc: Yeah sure she’s strong enough.

Zindal: lol is the guy closing the doors behind him?

Loryc: And yeah, is he slamming doors behind him?

Loryc: I figured it’d be more of a blind run.

Garrion: no, but there are the guys here that were playing cards

Melty: Oooo wow

Melty: So I gotta try to open doors…?

Garrion: and the dog

Loryc: Well I’m sure they’re gonna run like hell when they see the boss running.

Zindal: lol or the other guys that ran

Loryc: And the dog won’t be able to get high enough ot get a fairy anyway.

Zindal: And had crazy stories about some swordsman who killed all of their big guys

Melty: Melty’s nemesis = cats

Loryc: Well I’m sure the terrified looks on thier faces owuld be enough.

Loryc: I mean you see the place clear out… lol.

Garrion: Melty zips up over heads and on outside?

Melty: Yeah, I’m gonna follow the person we’re chasing

Zindal: Yeah, like suddenly an entire den of thieves empties out into the dangerous at night city full of shadow beasts, if they’re running INTO that then you know they’re running FROM something really fucking bad

Garrion: these guys do not look like they know anything to be worried about.. they stand in your way to try to slow you down

Melty: Oooo

Loryc: well Melty can just fly by em

Loryc: and ZIndal can clean up the rest.

Zindal: lol yeah

Zindal: I’ll give them something to be worried about

Garrion: Loryc tops the stairs as Zindal engages with the guards

Garrion: melty zips out the door….

Tristan: they are all running from Melty

Garrion: the guy is moving fast whoever he is.. he is 50 yards ahead of you almost across the plaza

Loryc: lol yeah, it woul,d look like they’re running from the fairy. haha.

Garrion: roll Per melty

Loryc: remember meltyy has darkvision still

Loryc: I put that on her.

Garrion: correct

Garrion: the guy is yelling something as he runs.. something like “stop them”

Melty: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 10 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 3

Loryc: This should probably reuqire some morale check on thier part. lol.

Melty: Ooooo yay darkvision~

Loryc: I mean you see your boss and a string of your other minions running in terror.

Garrion: true enough

Melty: :3

Zindal: lol yeah

Loryc: You’re probably not gonna want to stand there and take whatever it is on.

Melty: I should totally take the intimidate skill

Zindal: And Zindal probably has blood all over him

Tristan: from a pixie

Brawler 14: ←rolls Fright Check and gets 10 vs. Skill (9 with a modifier of -2)

Brawler 14 FAILS by 3

Stunned for 1 seconds. Every second after that, roll vs. modified Will to snap out of it.

Melty: I think you get a penalty to it based on your SM though :(

Brawler 14: ←rolls Fright Check and gets 12 vs. Skill (9 with a modifier of -2)

Brawler 14 FAILS by 5

Lose 4 FP, and take 4 seconds of stunning. Every second after that, roll vs. modified Will to snap out of it.

Melty: So -6, lol

Brawler 14: ←rolls Fright Check and gets 14 vs. Skill (9 with a modifier of -2)

Brawler 14 FAILS by 7

Faint bordering on shock, lasting for 17 minutes. Also, lose 3 FP.

Brawler 14: ←rolls Fright Check and gets 9 vs. Skill (9 with a modifier of -2)

Brawler 14 FAILS by 2

Lose your lunch. Treat this as retching for 12seconds, and then roll vs. HT each second to recover; see Incapacitating Conditions (p. 428). Depending on the circumstances, this may be merely inconvenient, or humiliating.

Melty: Maybe I can get a technique to negate it or something…

Zindal: lol wow, those fright consequences are crazy

Melty: Or cut down on it

Zindal: Apparently the Callous flaw gives me +1 to Intimidate and Interrogate if torture is used

Zindal: I should put points in those skills

Garrion: those are more for truely horifying things.. i was rolling more to see if they would stay to face Zindal

Zindal: lol

Loryc: lol… well I’m sure it should negate the penalty if you use evicerate on someone Sachi.

Loryc: I still wanna se you cast that on a minion

Loryc: That’d be awesome.

Zindal: Yeah Zindal is covered in blood and their entire group that was below ground are all bugging out

Garrion: they did not come this way

Zindal: Oh, heh

Garrion: so the guys here know nothing of that

Loryc: ah okay.

Garrion: Melty, need that per roll

Melty: Oh shit I thought I did that lol

Garrion: they step aside id Zindal wishes to run on out

Zindal: Yeah Zindal is going after whoever it is we’re chasing

Garrion: oh you did.. i missed it

Garrion: sorry

Zindal: He doesn’t care about these guys

Melty: I did, unless it’s— yeah~

Melty: np!

Garrion: Zindal.. as you run out you see melty half way across the plaza… the guy is not in sight.. rollper

Zindal: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 8 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 4

Zindal: Well I’ll follow after Melty if I don’t see the guy

Loryc: Yeah Melty is the tracking drone.

Garrion: Zindal, you see some shadoy shapes on the rooftops across the plaza

Garrion: Loryc, you come running up panting… per

Zindal: “Hm… That’s maybe not good…”

Loryc: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 9 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 7

Melty: So I don’t see the guy either?

Garrion: no he disappearwed into the allyways

Loryc: damn how fast was this guy?

Garrion: you can still try to chase and catch up to him though

Garrion: he had a good lead on you

Tristan: you tried to pick a fight with the flash

Loryc: Melty is like more thyan twice as fast as an average human.

Loryc: Well I heard the secret door opening like only a few seconds ago.

Garrion: you are catching up fast but only like 4 yards per round

Tristan: the tiny pixie has come in handy for sure

Loryc: Plus he had to go through the glue.

Loryc: He is the flash. Or at least Quicksilver.

Garrion: he had already gone though, that was the grinding…. then it closed a bit later

Zindal: lol yeah, I’m wondering how he got past the glue

Garrion: how did you?

Zindal: Heh, so he’s a nimble little ninja then

Garrion: Loryc.. you see the shadowy forms better… they are closing on on the plaza…. there seem to be 3 of them on the buildings around you

Garrion: they are moving very oddly…..

Loryc: “Watch out, there’s shadow creatures on the rooftops!”

Loryc: (I’ll yell that to my companions since no way I’ll catch em anyway)

Zindal: “I kinda figured… What say we go back inside and interrogate whoever’s left?”

Garrion: One of them jumps to the ground from high up.. almost effortlessly

Loryc: (I mea by the time Ig et up there, Melty is way ahead of me, not sure about Zindal’s speed)

Loryc: (But mine sucks)

Zindal: “Come on little one, back inside!”

Garrion: and they move with speed at melty

Tristan: *Tristan wonders what is taking everyone so long

Melty: “Oh… Kyaa!”

Loryc: (Yeah I’ll wait for Melty and Zindal to come back)

Zindal: “If you have some way to make light then use it!”

Loryc: (assuming they lost him)

Garrion: ok, melty…. you see 3 feral looking creatures closing on you fast

Loryc: (Do we hear the thief screaming in the idstance as he gets swarmed by shadow stuff?)

Garrion: you guess that you can move faster

Garrion: no, oddly you do not… melty can relate that he was actually calling out for help

Loryc: Well that’sinteresting.. he has something to contorl em.

Melty: (Checking how much I can get out of Light vs. Continual Light)

Garrion: recall that all Bastard heists have taken place at night…

Melty: (regular Light is like a candle flame…)

Melty: (I doubt that’d help)

Loryc: Hmm we should learn their secret, could be relaly useful to us.

Melty: (And daylight would drain most of my reserves, so I wouldn’t have much left to try and catch the guy)

Loryc: (Well he got away, so don’t worry too much about catching him)

Loryc: (Just get back to us)

Loryc: (Since I don’t think you got a clue where he went now)

Melty: Awwww

Melty: Is this a wall between me and them here?

Garrion: Melty knows that the Bastards were workign with the “council” from the note

Melty: Or just a map thingy?

Garrion: just the edge of the map

Zindal: Just withdraw back inside

Zindal: Light keeps them away

Zindal: We’ll kick the rest of the thieves out, or get them to talk

Garrion: and Chamady is working with someone who is part of the shadow plague

  • Melty makes a beeline back to the light with Zindal and Loryc…
  • Zindal withdraws once he sees Melty heading back

Garrion: ok, melty flies with all her might back indide.. roll HT

Melty: “Shit… I’ll get you fuckers! I’ll burn your eyes out with the fury of the sun, bitches!”

Melty: “Just you wait!”

Melty: ←rolls HT and gets 13 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of 0)

Melty FAILS by 2

Loryc: “Quick back inside!”

Loryc: (i’ll take a moment to read the note at this point)

Loryc: (See what it said)

Garrion: she starts to grow tired, slowing slightly as the sound of gnashing follows behind her

Melty: “Haaaaah…”

Garrion: well you’ll have to go back downstairs to the room for that.. but we can do that after melty makes it inside…..

Melty: I said I was taking the note and dropping it on Loryc, lol

Loryc: yeah melty said she gave it to me before.

Zindal: Can I like run and grab Melty and then dart back inside with her? How close is she to me?

Melty: Maybe I should learn Sun Ray after all…

Garrion: oh, it had a dagger driven through it burried in the guys chest.. not that easy to just pick up

Melty: Aww

Loryc: heh okay well we’ll juust go back to that room with the note

Loryc: guess we can read it now.

Loryc: I wanted to go back there anyway.

Garrion: she is faster than you… even being tired

Melty: (Sun Ray = magical laser that can blind if you hit in the face with it)

Zindal: Well being faster than the shadow creatures is what’s important, lol

Tristan: would an arrow count as a steak to the heart? it’s wood…

Garrion: she gets close to the door and zindal stands iside holding it open for her

Melty: (Don’t gotta be faster than the shadow creatures, just faster than the slowest PC :3 )

Loryc: Think you can stake a vampire with an arrow.

Zindal: lol

Loryc: Should be able to anyway.

Zindal: I think the whole thing has to be wood technically

Tristan: I would think so

Garrion: they slow as they appraoch the complex and the lights.. and Melty pulls away and enters safely

Loryc: Well you could use an all-wooden arrow, probably couldn’t be a bodkin. I dunno.

Zindal: I mean that’s what’s always specified, wooden stake

Garrion: and mina missed out

  • Zindal shuts the door once Melty is inside

Loryc: well in some gaems you can stake with a bow. Like Vampire you could.

Loryc: Alright so we’ll go back ot the dead body there.

Melty: In like Painkiller or Blood or something there was like a crossbow that shot stakes

Garrion: ok, back downstairs…

Garrion: a cloaked human…..

Zindal: lol, are the remaining guys who were playing poker just like going back to their game or what?

Melty: Now that I think about it I’m not actually sure, but it wouldn’t surprise me

Melty: “I oughta study light magic… Burn their fuckin’ faces off with the righteous anger of the sun!”

Garrion: dead on the floor…. throat gashed and dagger in chest up to hilt

Loryc: (lol yeah what did those guys in the opening room do?)

Garrion: pinned with the dagger is a bloody note.

Melty: (could I discern anything about them other than they’re creepy agile shapes?)

Loryc: (heh yeah I mean you should get a decent look with darkvision unless they’re just purely made of darkness)

Garrion: theyare not there when you return.. they must have slipped out behind you

Loryc: (heh okajy, well I’ll go to the body, gonna take the dagger and then read the note)

Garrion: rol Hidden lore

  • Zindal checks out the rest of the room while Loryc looks over the body

Zindal: “Hey, a chest…”

Loryc: I’ll cehck to see if the dead guy had an empty dagger sheath.

Melty: “We’ll see how frightening they are when they’re pinned in the corner of a room by magic-powered light… One time I saw a wizard shooting beams of light that blinded people…”

Zindal: Or well, a crate

Loryc: I want to see if the dagger is his or the attackers.

Zindal: Not sure if that’s actually a chest or not

Garrion: undead

Tristan is disconnected.

Melty: “Muahahaha! My body surges with the power of a thousand suns!”

Garrion: dead guy has dagger in sheath

Tristan has connected.

Loryc: okay, so the dagger came from the attacker? Alright I’ll take that.

Loryc: Taking the dagger and then going to read the note.

Garrion: Palaveen — While we appreciate the work of your Bastards, the Council never intended this association to be anything more than that. We shouldn’t need to remind you that if your tiring applications continue, we’ll need to solve this problem in a manner less concerned with your continued good health.

Melty: “Yeah keep that and the note! Maybe we can track ’em.”

Zindal: “Palaveen?”

Loryc: Yeah that was my plan.

Loryc: (That name mean anything to me?)

Garrion: also in the room…..

Zindal: ←rolls Streetwise and gets 14 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal FAILS by 3

Loryc: ←rolls Fake! and gets 11 vs. Skill (19 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 8

Loryc: ←rolls Encyclopedist! and gets 16 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 1

Garrion: nope

Loryc: That was streetwise and area knowledge respectively.

Garrion: The large chest to the north is locked.

Tristan: brb

Loryc: “Well it’s too bad we don’t have a way of talking to dead people… oh wait.”

Zindal: Mmmmm large chest…

Zindal: “Heh, actually we do, don’t we? How many of those candles did we have?”

Garrion: The notes on the table contain itemized lists of things the Bastards have stolen as well as some cryptic notes written in Infernal. Among these notes is a request for more skeletal wolves to help protect their base.

Loryc: “Well we need one for the statue and the rest we can use for ourselves.”

Loryc: “Yeah I’ll grab some of those cryptic notes, see if I can make more sense of em later.”

Garrion: there wer other missing pathfinders

Loryc: (Well yeah but we aint’ gonna go after them I don’t think)

Loryc: (We were just going to the cove)

Loryc: (or delvehaven I forget which)

Zindal: (lol yeah, I mean one of them is supposed to be like gone from the city I thought, and the other is trapped in Delvehaven apparently)

Loryc: (we should just go to Delvehaven)

Zindal: (If I remember the notes right)

Loryc: (Yeah lol, a bunch of them are trapped in delvehaven)

Garrion: also there is a half-finished angry letter in which the writer seems to be frustrated at not being granted further audience with something called “the Council.”

Zindal: (Well the one ghost said there was shit in the cove that was intended for retaking Delvehaven or whatever)

Zindal: (We might as well pick that up)

Zindal: (Might be something useful)

Melty: (I overheard those aristocrats talking about “the Council” didn’t I?)

Garrion: yep

Zindal: (Yeah, I think so)

Melty: “I wonder if this Council has something to do with the creatures out there…”

Garrion: getting chest open?

Loryc: “Well we know they have some means of controlling them.”

Loryc: (Yeah I’ll work on the chest.)

Loryc: (What do I roll traps skill?)

Melty: “I bet it’s the same one I heard those fuckers talking about.”

Loryc: ←rolls Traps (TL4) and gets 15 vs. Skill (20 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 5

Loryc: ←rolls Lockpicking (TL4) and gets 7 vs. Skill (19 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 12

Garrion: no, that is for if it is trapped

Zindal: “Probably…”

Garrion: lockpicking for the lock

Loryc: well I’m checking for traps before opening it

Loryc: heh.

Loryc: So that’s why I rolled that

Garrion: ok

Garrion: not trapped

Loryc: I ain’t gonna just blindly start picking a lock in a thievers guild.

Melty: “So we’re gonna fuck ’em up, right?”

  • Loryc nods.

Melty: “Like invade wherever they hang out and burn it down? I think that’d be poetic justice.”

Garrion: click.. you unlock it after workign at it for a minute

Loryc: “Yeah don’t worry, they may be one step ahead right now, but they’ve left a trail we can follow.”

Loryc: (okay I’ll open the chest)

Tristan: back

Melty: “Fuck those creepy guys outside, too. I outran ’em pretty easy but you guys would be dead.”

Melty: “It must suck to not have wings. How can you stand having to walk around all the time?”

Melty: outflew*

  • Loryc casts levitate on hmself and levitates upwards a bit.

Loryc: “I get by.”

  • Zindal shrugs

Zindal: “Can’t miss what you’ve never had.”

Melty: “Whoa, that’s deep.”

Garrion: The chest contains all of the non-coin loot from the Bastards’ string of burglaries, along with a leather sack that contains 50 of the wooden Mammon coins the Bastards use to mark the places they’ve robbed and people they’ve killed. The stolen treasures include $6000 worth of small gems (including one $1000 pearl), jewelry worth $8000, a masterwork dagger, a masterwork rapier, and a jeweled non-masterwork short sword worth $1500. The weapons were stolen from the weaponsmith, who was murdered along with his family.

  • Zindal grins as he strokes Melty’s chin with his pinkie finger

Zindal: “I try.”

Garrion: the ledgers on the desk match up with the loot in the chest.. at least part of it

  • Melty grabs one of the wooden coins out of the sack and holds it up triumphantly with both arms

Zindal: “Ooh, very nice…”

Melty: “Yay! Look at these! Frame job, frame job, frame job~”

Garrion: telling where it all came from

Loryc: “Unforatunely given all the commotion we made getting in here, I figure word will spread around that these guys got raide,d of course it couldn’t hurt to try framing them.”

Loryc: (I’oll start loading the loot into my bag)

  • Zindal checks out some of the gems

Zindal: ←rolls Merchant and gets 12 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal FAILS by 1

Zindal: Aw

Garrion: you keeping it or returning to the poeple it taken from?

Loryc: (Well the weaponsmith is dead)

Zindal: Hey man, those people don’t gotta know that their shit was recovered

Loryc: (Anyone else that is still alive?)

Garrion: ok, just checking

Garrion: yep, i think Zindal is sliding into evilness

Loryc: I mean I figured they murdered all thier theft victims, thy ain’t professionals like Loryc (at least excluding this robbery)

Zindal: lol

Zindal: Well I do have the Greed flaw

Zindal: And there’s a bunch of treasure in front of me

Garrion: haha

Loryc: lol and callous, I mean that shit basically makes you pretty much a sociopath.

Zindal: lol

Garrion: they did not kill everyone.. but yes the weaponsmith and family are dead

Garrion: you all see my summary for alignments?

Melty: “Why not bring ‘em back? You know, if the people are still alive. We’re supposed to be the heroes! These guys would burn down a pixie village for sure! I can smell it.”

Loryc: yeah I looked at it briefly.

Melty: (nya?)

Garrion: see how many of these zindal has…..

Loryc: Pretty sure Loryc is good, I had a bunch of the good aligned stuff.

Melty: (looks on the website)

Garrion: Evil = Bloodlust, Bully, Compulsive Lying, Fanaticism (any harmful cause), Greed, Intolerance (groups with “good” traits), Jealousy, Megalomania, and Sadism

Garrion: Chaotic = Bad Temper, Berserk, Bestial, Compulsive Carousing, Fanaticism (any rebellious cause), Impulsiveness, Intolerance (groups with “lawful” traits), Lecherousness, On the Edge, Pyromania, Selfish, Trickster, and Uncontrollable Appetite

Garrion: Callous, Hidebound, Killjoy, Loner, Low Empathy, No Sense of Humor, Oblivious, and Paranoia

Garrion: Neutral = Callous, Hidebound, Killjoy, Loner, Low Empathy, No Sense of Humor, Oblivious, and Paranoia

Garrion: Neutral = Overconfidence and Stubbornness

Loryc: weird I’d figure callous would be more of the evil type. lol.

Garrion: he has a few neutral things too

Loryc: callous seems more evil. And I udnno if overconfidence should be alignemnt specific.

Garrion: well you don;t care one way or the other.. not good nor evil

Loryc: That doens’t really have much to do with morality.

Garrion: those lists came from the GURPS main editor

Zindal: lol yeah, it just says you basically don’t give a shit

Loryc: Well neutrals tend to care at least, it’s just they don’t always do stuff about it.

Tristan: I did not see that, but I like it

Zindal: And my Disadvantages are Greed, Lecherousness, Callous, Bad Temper, and Overconfidence

Loryc: I mean the way it was described it seemed to be like a sociopath. lol.

Loryc: So you’re like…. chaotic evil?

Loryc: :P

Zindal: lol, well I got 1 Evil and 1 Neutral

Zindal: And then a bunch of Chaotic

Zindal: Wait, 2 Neutral actually

Melty: Hehehe, I got Bad Temper, Lecherousness, Kleptomania, and one of my quirks is Chauvinistic (Humans) which is the minor version of Intolerance… So like, chaotic neutral…? That sounds about right…

Garrion: like i said most people fall in the "neutral range unless they really stand out one way or the other

Loryc: yeah. heh Chaotic neutral for Melty makes sense.

Garrion: ok, good place to wrap

Tristan: Neutral here

Melty: She does have a strong sense of justice, but it’s kind of misaligned compared to anyone else’s

Garrion: you all have cots here and hle up for the night

Tristan: you guys sound like some evil murder hobos

Loryc: I’ll send a telepathy to the others btw

Loryc: so they know where we are.

Zindal: Okay yeah, I got 1 Evil, 2 Chaotic, and 2 Neutral

Garrion: Group #2.. you wait for a while and Loryc, Zindal and Melty never arrive.

Loryc: And I’ll use my vigil spell so I can stay up all night.

Zindal: So I’m like, mostly Chaotic Neutral

Loryc: So we don’t get shanked in the back.

Melty: eeeeeeeevil

Garrion: It is dark and not much you can do about it for now so you snuggle in and finally go to sleep in the old abandoned shack.

Zindal: Hey man, attempted murder is only a step below actual murder

Garrion: You awake a few times in the night at the sound of shuffling and other odd noises from outside the thin walls.

Melty: Also Melty’s kleptomania is the CR 15 version so her actual thieving impulses are kinda secondary to her curiosity and lecherousness

Melty: And her temper

Loryc: heh

Tristan: (probably setting a watch)

Melty: (she has Curiosity too)

Melty: (Curious*)

Garrion: The night passes and morning comes.. uneventful other than a restless night.

Loryc: yeah Loryc should be CG.

Loryc: Which is about right.

Melty: It’s not cause of any disadvantage she has, but I’d say Melty has more good leanings than evil but she’s totally CN

Zindal: Yeah, I mean Zindal is motivated almost exclusively by his Greed and Lecherousness, so that kind of colors his actions a lot

Melty: She hates evil cause evil murdered her family and all of her friends

Zindal: He’s nice towards the party though… mostly

Loryc: lol.

Zindal: Also Melty has discovered that he’s really good with his fingers, lol

Garrion: We’ll resume in the morning next time…. if you want to jump to Zindal and group arriving at the shack to do the candle thing with statue we can do that and get it out of the way.

Tristan: Tristan just wants to live an easy life and maybe make some nobles lives hell along the way…

Zindal: I got crit success with an Erotic Art roll on her >.>

Melty: :3

Loryc: Well I wanted to use the candle on the dead thief too.

Loryc: So figure we can do two candle uses.

Loryc: ONe on this dead guy and Tristan questioning the statue.

Loryc: Since he was asking questions before I think

Tristan: Tristan is waiting for Loryc to question anything

Garrion: ok, you taking him to the shack, or coming back once you get the candles?

Tristan: nope, I would waite

Tristan: wait

Loryc: Oh I thought you askede the staute something.

Loryc: Well I only gave Tristan one candle.

Tristan: I think Garrion was just trying to include me but in character, I would wait

Loryc: I didn’t give him all fo them.

Loryc: It was just so he coudl question that one statue.

Garrion: he was starting to but then said he would just wait for loryc to do it

Loryc: heh. well don’t you gotta finish asking the questions?

Loryc: Or the candle will burn out?

Garrion: ok, you can do the dead guy this night then and the staue in the morning

Zindal: I think he meant to retcon it

Zindal: So that you just ask the questions instead of him

Melty: “Idle hands spend time at the genitals, and you know how much God hates that”

Loryc: heh, I mean I don’t really care the last pathfinder didn’t give us shit for info lol.

Garrion: we can cover that on the site on the forum with the other questioning

Loryc: It ain’t really like I’m better at questioning em or anything.

Garrion: i think he decided that it made more sense for loryc to do it IC

Tristan: (you have muc higher knowledge skills)

Garrion: since he the educated magic one

Zindal: Yeah, interrogating the dead with a magic candle is more of a wizard thing

Loryc: heh.

Loryc: Yeah if ya want, figured it’d be good to give the others stuff to do too., I don’t want to hog too much of the spotlight, heh.

Melty: “Hey Zinny… Can you do that thing with your hand again…? You’re almost as… Well… I dunno, if Satomi is a 9, you’re at least a 4…”

Loryc: Didn’t really intend for this side mission to turn into a long ordeal either.

  • Zindal grins… “Certainly… I can do whatever you want…”

Garrion: well we can do that on the site and then start next session with group reunited and set off to do what ever task

Zindal: ←rolls Erotic Art and gets 12 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 3

Garrion: Derlvehaven, Cove, whatever

Loryc: heh.. well I mean I was thinking of having me and Mina (and maybe one other) go after the thief thtat got away, tracking hm with the dagger.

Loryc: While the others go to the cove or Delvehaven.

Melty: (I imagine Satomi and Melty have done that hundreds of times at minimum, so statistically she has to have gotten at least a couple crits)

Garrion: i’d rather not split up group again,,, but it is your game

Zindal: lol

Loryc: heh. well I mean I can’t do much in a straight dungeon crawl.

Loryc: So it’s sorta like I’d be tagging along not doing much anyway. As you saw with this session heh.

Zindal: lol yeah, I mean T is basically gonna be a spectator for a bunch of shit anyway, might as well give him something that more caters to his focus

Tristan: *Tristan daydreaming about sniping off these snotty nobles he sees walking down the street…

Garrion: but you did do useful stuff… dazing and opening locks and other lore stuff that is bound to be needed

Tristan: (yeah, ranger in the city is not always fun)

Garrion: trtistan is getting the raw deal here… he not been able to do much

Loryc: heh.. yeah well he’s definiteyl in the dungeon crawling team. So he can have some fun doing that

Tristan: it’s all good, sometimes it’s like that. Just picked the wrong group

Melty: “Aw yeah, that hits the spot…~ Wish I had one of those dimension bags, cause Sa— um… stolen— borrowed underwear is a little too big to carry with me all the time…”

Loryc: Maybe we can do a robbery of a roadside caravan or something too

Loryc: let him do some more archer stuff would be cool.

Tristan: no need to force anything, just play the story out and it’s all good

Zindal: “Or perhaps you could share your collection with someone who would both appreciate it and be able to carry it for you…”

Loryc: “Well I could give you the bag or the crux, but it’s as big as you are.”

Garrion: ok, well if you want to sit out the delvehaven excursion then you can do watever in the meantime

Loryc: heh, well I mean, I do like giving people some interesting stuff to do in thier focus.

Loryc: Well I mean tristan I figure would be good there, since it’s gonna be a lot of combat.

Loryc: Loryc not so mcuh heh.

Loryc: So figure Loryc can track down the thief along with maybe 1 or 2 others.

Loryc: while the rest can go dungeon crawling.

Garrion: you assume lots of combat.. it an old abandoned museum

Loryc: heh, it’ll probably be lots of combat :P It’s from a module.

Loryc: Those things are all combat heavy.

Zindal: Well we know whoever is controlling those feral vampire things is interested in the place, lol

Zindal: So he’s probably gonna have minions there to get in our way

Tristan: (I’ve noticed arrows and undead to not do so well, or arrows and super high DR).

Loryc: and I mean Zindal is basically a one man army as far as combat goes.

Zindal: Plus whatever defenses the Pathfinders might have left behind

Tristan: speaking of, during this week I want to look for an elven longbow of penetration (dr/2)

Loryc: So it ain’t really like he needs a full groupfor backupo

Loryc: He pretty mcuh soloed this dungeon.

Garrion: a house can be a “dungeon crawl”. it is more how you approach it that makes it a crawl or not

Loryc: He’s basically the Terminator busting into the police station.

Zindal: lol

Tristan: true

Melty: :3

Zindal: Well, if there are traps and monsters… It’s more or less a dungeon crawl

Zindal: Unless we just bypass everything

Loryc: Yeah, pretty much if you’ve got monsters that exist solely to kill anything that moves, I call it a dungeon crawl. heh.

Garrion: you’ll have to see when/if you get there ;)

Loryc: If you’ve got stuff you can talk to, trick, etc. Then it’s differnet.

Garrion: ok, i’m heading to bed

Melty: Night night G!

Loryc: And I mean the palce has been sealed, so obviously ognna be a bunch of constructs/undead.

Garrion: saving log and state

Loryc: cya.

Tristan: night guys

Zindal: Yeah the undead might be a problem, they’re harder to get vital hits on

Zindal: Though if it’s vampires then maybe I can just aim for vitals to stake them through the heart

Tristan: yeah, probably need some special arrows of some kind

Session 32

GURPS on Golarion Garrion