Session 33

Server started; please wait for map to refresh.

Cedric has connected.

Tabris has connected.

Tristan has connected.

Taragnor has connected.

Garrion: sorry for the snafu…. damn windows update reboot confirmation popped up right as i hit return key while typing

Tabris: D’oh

Garrion: lost token updates… you’ll have to redo those

Tabris: I only had one, lol

Zindal: ←rolls Power Blow and gets 11 vs. Skill (18 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal FAILS by 3

Taragnor: Fortantely I saved mine.

Zindal: ←rolls Power Blow and gets 11 vs. Skill (18 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal FAILS by 3

Zindal: ←rolls Power Blow and gets 11 vs. Skill (18 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal FAILS by 3

Tabris: That -10 is a pain

Tabris: Need more points

Tristan: indeed

Tokens dropped onto map ‘* Limbo’ by player Taragnor (Player)

Tristan: i need more points so I can up my skills so I can buy more points….. sounds like an addiction problem

Tristan (Stan): boo… my edits did not save when the server crashed

Garrion: right

Garrion: ok, loryc, let’s get the candle stuff knocked out real quick

Garrion: you question the mysterious corpse the night you stay in the thieves den

Taragnor: Tab said he wants to question this guy, so I’ll let Zindal do it

Tabris: Oh this is the corpse of the guy who was tailing us?

Tabris: You want him T? lol

Taragnor: Oh wait, I’ll quesiton this guy

Garrion: you had 4 candles… this wil use #2

Taragnor: You can question the statue.

Tabris: Heh okay

Loryc: (okay… lemme see)

Sachi has connected.

Garrion: hi sachi

Sachi: Hihi~

Loryc: Question 1: “Why were you spying on me and my team?”

Sefiros has connected.

Sachi: Hihi!

Tristan (Stan): hola Sach

Garrion: “I was told to follow you and find out what I could why you were at the Devildrome.”

Urso: hey

Garrion: howdy sef

Sefiros: i was here earlier, the server shit the bed tho apparently

Loryc: “Who told you to follow us?”

Garrion: Loryc is questioning the corpse in the bandit hidout

Garrion: “Chamady”

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST16) inflicts 2 imp raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST16) inflicts 2 imp raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST16) inflicts 2 pi raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST16) inflicts 6 cr raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST16) inflicts 2 imp raw damage.

Garrion: that damage seems wrong tristan

Tristan (Stan): please check it for me

Tristan (Stan): looks correct to me

Garrion: seems pretty low

Tristan (Stan): not hte total of course, I mean it looks correct on the back en.

Loryc: “What information do you possess that would cause Chammady and her Council to have you killed?”

Loryc: Yeah sohuld be more than 2 damage I’d think

Garrion: although it is really a ST20 bow right?

Loryc: for 16 ST.

Garrion: “They were not behind my death.”

Tristan (Stan): it’s a 16, treated like a 20

Tristan (Stan): 2 for strong bow and 2 for elven

Loryc: “Who was behind your death and why were you killed?”

Garrion: well the bow is actually ST20…. it functions in all ways like ST20, except that it can be drawn by a ST18 person

Loryc: So it does the damage of a ST20 person but you only need 18 ST? That’s pretty damn good. heh.

Tristan (Stan): correct

Tristan (Stan): and I only need a ST 16 because of a feat

Garrion: “The leader of the Bastards killed me because of the response I gave him.”

Tabris: (Obviously someone has never heard of “Don’t kill the messenger”)

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST16) inflicts 2 pi raw damage.

Loryc: “What response was that and what was it concerning?”

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST18) inflicts 2 imp raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST18) inflicts 15 cr raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST18) inflicts 10 cr raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST18) inflicts 2 imp raw damage.

Garrion: first off your skill is 21

Melty: (brb)

Tristan (Stan): (swing seems to work but the arrows do not).

Tristan (Stan): I lost weapon bonded because it’s a new bow (although you can add it in if you want)

Tristan (Stan): np here

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST18) inflicts 2 imp raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): except damage not caculating

Garrion: you only need a day of practice i think…

Tristan (Stan): ok, i’m sure I would have had that

Garrion: Zindal will know from his retraining

Loryc: Yeah you can use our statue as a practice target.

Tabris: lol

Loryc: I mean we found out from the ashes that it doedsn’t matter if it’s intact.

Loryc: though with 2 damage you won’t do any noticeable damage

Tristan (Stan): 2 damge is some kind of calcualtion error, my min is much higher than that

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST18) inflicts 2 imp raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST18) inflicts 2 pi raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST18) inflicts 2 imp raw damage.

Garrion: 400

Garrion: 500

Loryc: Might wanna consider taking accupuncture skill if you’re only able to do 2 damage per shot.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST18) inflicts 2 imp raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST18) inflicts 2 imp raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST18) inflicts 2 imp raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST18) inflicts 2 imp raw damage.

Loryc: (He ever respond to my last question G?)

Garrion: one sec.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST20) inflicts 14 imp raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST20) inflicts 13 imp raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST20) inflicts 17 imp raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST20) inflicts 11 imp raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST20) inflicts 10 pi raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST20) inflicts 13 pi raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST20) inflicts 16 pi raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): The Elven C. Bow (ST20) inflicts 13 pi raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): so, what was the issue?

Garrion: there

Garrion: you had 2d instead of 2d6

Tristan (Stan): that would do it.

Tristan (Stan): thanks for clearing that up. I think I was using the macro formula…

Garrion: ok, now the question.. the last answer was…..

Garrion: “The leader of the Bastards killed me because of the response I gave him.”

Loryc: “What response was that and what was it concerning?”

Tristan (Stan): (any way to sort skills alphabetically after you have put them in on maptools?)

Tabris: (Not that I’ve found)

Tristan (Stan): (ok thanks)

Loryc: Not that I found I had to manually reposition em

Loryc: TOok me a while lol

Garrion: you have to manually do it

Tristan (Stan): (manually=re-enter info?, I can’t seem to drag it)

Loryc: nah use the arrows

Loryc: There’s that up arrow to the right of edit

Tristan (Stan): ahh… arrows. sweet

Loryc: that’ll move your skill up one spot

Tristan (Stan): got it.

Tristan (Stan): simple enough, thanks

Loryc: It’s still not particularly efficient but.. it works

Tristan (Stan): works better than not at all for sure

Loryc: yeah lol

Garrion: “The council refuses to assist you any further. You have served your purpose. Keep doing as you are and you may reap the rewards, but you will get no special favors.”

Melty: (I’m back~)

Garrion: i think that was #5?

Loryc: yeah I believe so.

Tabris: Yup

Garrion: the spirit fades away

Loryc: waoit might have been 4

Loryc: lemem check

Garrion: “I was told to follow you and find out what I could why you were at the Devildrome.”

Garrion: “Chamady”

Melty: (Sorry if I’m quiet today . I have a little homework I gotta do for tomorrow morning, which I admittedly shoulda done earlier, but in my defense I didn’t realize that I wouldn’t be allowed to get my fucking meds until saturday)

Loryc: nah it was 5

Loryc: yeah okay.

Garrion: “The leader of the Bastards killed me because of the response I gave him.”

Garrion: ok, so you spend the night and the next day you meet up at the shack with the others

Loryc: So apparently this guy was working for the council of thieves and decided to break off spying on us to go see the Bastards.

Loryc: And deliver a message.

Loryc: Did this guy come directly here when we were chasing him?

Loryc: Or did he stop somewhere else first?

Tabris: Think so

Garrion: it appeared so from the Seeker

Loryc: Weird.

Garrion: you do not really know for sure though… if he did stop it was on the way and for a short time

Loryc: So apparently he was tasked with spying on us then later delivering a message?

Tabris: Maybe he made a dead drop somewhere on the way, lol

Garrion: or was to deliver a massage but then pulled away to tail you as far as he could

Loryc: yeah maybe… it also means traicking the guy who killed him won’t really be worth too mcuh.

Loryc: Since it was the opposite of what I thought lol.

Tabris: Speaking as a government employee, I can tell that I am often redirected to a different work task right in the middle of a different task that I was previously directed to do

Loryc: I thought the Council assassin killed the leader of the bastards, but it was the other thing.

Loryc: *other way around

Loryc: Yeah, we don’t really know if he delivered his info or not, though I guess in the long run it probably doesn’t matter eithe rway.

Loryc: Well I’ll keep that guy’s dagger, maybe I can track him down anyway… maybe he knows something about thier plans.

Loryc: And yeah we’ll go back to meet with the others, an Zindal can question the statue I guess.

Sefiros: and may have all your shit hacked by the chinese too now apparently

Sefiros: @ tab that is

Tristan (Stan): (moving these up is tedious….)

Sefiros: gonna ship you cheap chinese gundams instead of the real shit next time!

Garrion: ok, fyi it is now the 26th.. you can reference the calendar….

Garrion: https://gurps-on-golarion.obsidianportal.com/wikis/calendar

Tabris: lol yeah

Tabris: Actually I think all the Gundam model stuff is already made in China

Sefiros: oh yeah i found that thing about oakridge i listened to by professor kaku the other day listening to some old radio shows

Tabris: Even Japan does that shit

Sefiros: it was at oakridge indeed

Sefiros: criticallity in the walls

Sefiros: tho was back in the 50s or something i think

Sefiros: i’ll send you the show later, you’d prolly get a kick out of it

Tabris: Heh, well the one criticality accident the plant had was in the 50’s, he might be talking about ORNL or K-25 maybe

Garrion: sunrise is at 0630, it is lightly raining

Sefiros: sorry, wasnt trying to derail the game, just popped in my head, tho it was humorous

Garrion: temnp is in the mid 60s

Sefiros: it was a show about nuclear accidents and stuff

Tabris: My division is still getting an ass-chewing for all of our non-nuclear accidents, lol

Garrion: you relate to the others your ordeal and proceed with the questioning of the statue.. if it is indeed the body of the pathfinder

Sefiros: there was another incident where a reactor exploded somewhere, and one of the fuel rods literally impaled a worker on the ceiling

Zindal: “So how’s this thing work exactly? Just light the candle?”

  • Loryc nods.

Loryc: “Then a talking ghost will appear.”

Zindal: “Interesting… Well let’s see what we get.”

  • Zindal lights the candle

Garrion: the bust seems to almost animate as a spirit appears to overlay the material form

Zindal: (The statue guy is Ghaelfin right? Something like that? I think the notes said something about him being the one who ordered Delvehaven sealed?)

Garrion: (picture the goofy effects of the original Clash of Titans)

Zindal: lol

Urso: " ghost ?"

Sefiros: hey those were actually good for their time period

Sefiros: ray harryhausen was the shit in his day

Garrion: “Who has summoned me from my sorrowing slumber?”

Loryc: “This is the part where you ask him a question.”

Loryc: “You only get 5… so… ask carefully.”

Zindal: (G, you see what I asked you above?)

Loryc: “Keep in mind that all the whores he knew about are very old by now.”

Garrion: yes, it is ghaelfin

Zindal: “Yeah, yeah…”

Zindal: “I understand you’re the one responsible for ordering Delvehaven sealed. Why did you give that order?”

Garrion: Venture-Captain Aiger Ghaelfin: Aiger was certainly the one who ordered the sealing of Delvehaven. My early research indicated that he planned on fleeing Cheliax for Absalom, but further investigation revealed this to be false. He remained in Westcrown and fought alongside Coriana in the Father’s Bulwark, but was laid low by a Thrune wizard who petrified him and then smashed the resulting statue. Scuttlebutt among the blood bookie circuit is that the remains of the man’s petrified body have been in the possession of one of the lesser noble houses involved in bloodsport, but I’ve not yet determined which family (I suspect the Luccas).

Tristan (Stan): regains 4 HP, and now has 16 HP.

Tristan (Stan): receives -4 fatigue, and now has 8 FP.

Tristan (Stan): receives -8 fatigue, and now has 0 FP: at half move.

Tristan (Stan): regains 16 fatigue, and now has 16 FP.

Zindal: regains 1 fatigue, and now has 12 FP.

Garrion: “There was much chaos and looting after the death of Aroden. The government was in civil war and the lodge needed to be protected.” sob sob “Oh, my poor Coriana. Why did Aroden forsake us and allow the damned Thrune to bring hell to Westcrown….”

Tristan (Stan): (G, I just finished updating besides a few items, can you save in case you crash again?)

Tristan (Stan): catching up on reading now

Garrion: ok

Zindal: “How can we unseal the lodge again? What protections were put in place and how do we disarm them?”

Garrion: will save all tokens

Urso: ←rolls Will and gets 11 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 1

Urso: (oh, heh… that not what you meant is it?)

Zindal: lol

Loryc: ←rolls Will and gets 12 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 3

Garrion: “The wards are mostly illusory and disorienting, barring access to the lodge and its contents. Anyone versed in the Pathfinder way will know what must be done.”

Sefiros: “You were fools to place your own destinies in the hand of the gods, to begin with.” she mumbles criticizing their faith

Zindal: “What defenses are inside the lodge itself? Was anything left to deal with intruders who got past the wards?”

Tristan (Stan): (wow, fuel rods impaling someone to the ceiling…. nuts)

Garrion: “I believe that Bisby activated a guardian on his way out, a construct.”

Tristan (Stan): “I hate constructs… arrows don’t do to damn well on them”

Loryc: “They don’t have eyes to stab either.”

Tristan (Stan): “well, you should make a couple of them as meat shields then. That could be handy”

Tristan (Stan): The Large Knife inflicts 7 cut raw damage.

Sefiros: “The last Azlant, they said…” she grumbles to herself “I know of one vicious bitch who’s still around, she’s called Zura.” she seems to be talking to Loryc

Zindal: “Tch…”

Tristan (Stan): The Large Knife inflicts 5 imp raw damage.

Loryc: “Unfortaunteyl crafitng a golem takes far more time and effort than I’m prepared to use.”

Loryc: “It’s just no fun being locked away in a laboratory working on some animated statue.”

Zindal: “What lies inside the lodge that you sought to protect? What artifacts and treasures were kept there?”

Tristan: The Fist inflicts 1 cr raw damage.

Tristan: The Fist inflicts 5 cr raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): “where do we get to the part we stop the gates of hell opening?”

Tristan (Stan): “I want to get back to killing Vestus Savaska, that prick”

Garrion: “There were many valuables and more important was the knowledge. The basment held the greatest items though, those that we were afraid to have in the open. The Aohl was the worst of those though.”

Zindal: “What is the Aohl and why was it the worst of your artifacts?”

Urso: .

Garrion: “Bisby found that dreaded artifact deep inthe jungles of the Mwangi. Alone it was harmless, but individually the components caused great calamity. When Ilnerik took the Totemrix, the Morrowfall had nothing to counter it. It grew with such intense radiance we had to lock it away for our protection. I fear what the other darker half did on its own.”

Zindal: “Interesting… Wonder if that’s what Chammady’s friend is after.”

Loryc: “Probably.”

Loryc: “Well fortuantely if the wards are just illusory, we should be able to crack them pretty easily.”

Zindal: “Where are Ilnerik and Bisby now?”

Garrion: “Bisby and Loremaster Liriam left Westcrown and teleported to Absalom. I do not know where Ilnerik went off to after his falling out with Bisby.”"

Garrion: i think that was 5?

Zindal: Yeah I think so

Garrion: acrtfually that was 6

Zindal: lol whoops

Garrion: you got a free one past me

Zindal: Well the last question didn’t really give us much anyway

Zindal: Not like we’re gonna go to Absalom anytime soon

Urso: (chatty ghost)

Loryc: lol.

Garrion: never know where the fates may take you, haha

Loryc: yeah it was a slightly thicker candle than usual.

Garrion: the candle burns out and the spirit fades away, sobbing.. "Oh Coriana, Coriana

Zindal: “Well, he says we have to follow the Pathfinder way… Guess we can ask our Pathfinder friend about that?”

Zindal: “Might as well go to that cove too and see what they stashed there… Maybe something useful. Worth a few coins if nothing else.”

Loryc: “Well it could be risky, given they’ve got a spy…”

Loryc: “It’s only some illusions guarding it, so we should be able to deal with that hopefully.”

Zindal: “Think you can figure out what ‘follow the Pathfinder way’ means then, Mr. Encyclopedia?”

Loryc: (Lets see.)

Loryc: ←rolls Encyclopedist! and gets 5 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 12

Zindal: lol wow

Loryc: yup.

Loryc: I’ve researched the Pathfinder’s extensively

Garrion: he should ahve overconfiodent as a flaw

Tristan (Stan): nice having a wizard with a 30 IQ

Loryc: I also have acomplete blueprint of delvehaven :P

Zindal: lol

Tristan (Stan): *Tristan pulls his new bow string back in anticipation…. His arms flex with new found muscles from the repeated effort

Tristan (Stan): (by the way Zindal, what would you need to roll to parry two arrows in a round? just -2?)

Garrion: ok, it is morning of the 26th…. you know the cove can only be done at night…. so what is the plan?

Zindal: I’m not sure if it lets you do it more than once, would have to read the skill

Loryc: Lets just go to delvehaven.

Zindal: lol

Zindal: Yeah I guess if you’re that confident about getting in we can just go rob the cove later

Tristan: “I guess we should stop that whole hell rift thing… thing onto some revenge killing I suppose”

Loryc: heh, well I mean he said the defenses are mostly illusory anyway.

Loryc: And it’s not like we got anything better to do

Loryc: if we fail to get in, we can always go to the cove later.

Zindal: lol

Zindal: “And people call me impatient… Meh, whatever.”

  • Loryc shrugs.

Tristan: “any way to find out who the spy is?”

Loryc: “Well they said the defenses were mostly illusory and disorienting.”

Loryc: “So that sounds like something we can handle.”

Loryc: (Well it’d be somewhat difficult to find out who the spy is. I’d have to go around mind-reading people probably.)

Zindal: “Something you can handle, maybe…”

Loryc: “As for finding the spy.. well that’ll be somewaht tricky… and by looking for the spy we may let Chammady know we know there’s a spy.”:

Garrion: ok, you are in the north “dead sector” now.. you will have to travel south through the city close to where the “Childer’s” hideout is

Loryc: “Which may be more trouble than it’s worth at least for now.”

Loryc: (Alright I’ll cloak everyone in illusions and such)

Tristan: “can’t you just read that bitches mind and find out directly without reading ever single person around us?”

Loryc: (So we can blend in well)

Tristan: “can Melty read minds” *eyes the pixie

Loryc: “Well we could go back to the Drovenge estate and I can try to read Chammady’s mind.. of course that has its own risks.”

Loryc: “We know she’s the one behind watching us at least though… which is something.”

Tristan: “or I could put an arrow through her heart from accros the way… that would work as well”

Garrion: ok, you cloak up.. the rain is falling steadily outside and the sky is a hazy grey…. it shows no signs of letting up any time soon

  • Loryc nods.

Loryc: “that’d no doubt work well too.”

Zindal: “As much as I enjoy wanton slaughter, killing important people in big cities tends to have repercussions.”

Tristan: *Shrugs “Blame it on someone else, we have a ton of those coins from the bastards”

  • Urso puts on his illusionary hat, switching up the illusion some.

Loryc: “Yeah, besides killing isn’t exactly my way. anyway.”

Loryc: “Yeah, actually…”

Loryc: “The bastards did kill one of the council’s agents…”

Loryc: “So maybe we could work to start a war between them.”

Tristan: “Blame it on the theives guild… Hell, blame it on the boogyman for all I care. It might be fun watching this place run around like an ant kill on fire”

Tristan: (ant hill)

Melty: (urrrrrgggghhhhh I hate this bullshit I’m having to do for this stupid college orientation course I HAVE to take even though I’m 2 courses away from graduating)

Tristan: (just pictures the Pixie complaining about homework)

Tristan: (stupid magic study)

Garrion: lol

Melty: hehe~

  • Loryc nods.

Loryc: “Well if you want we can just try to take down Chammady.. go right to the source.”

Garrion: ok, so you heading to Delvehaven or pitstop?

Zindal: Delvehaven

Garrion: you cut off one head, how many come back in its place…..

Loryc: nah, I wouldn’t cut off a head exactly… only mindfuck the hell out of it.

Garrion: it takes you about an hour to trudge south through the city streets

Garrion: some of the populace avoids being out in the weather if they can, but the streets are still occipied

Loryc: Yeah we’ll all be under some illsuory disguises looking like whatever social class is common to this district.

Loryc: I’ll go for nondescript appearance

Garrion: as you approach the street Delvehaven lies on the trafic nearly disappears… many avoid this area even though it is a nicer artea of town due to the rumors about this place.

Garrion: well you started in the slums and progressed into the merchant sector

Loryc: Alright we’ll we can dodge into an alleyway and I’ll change our disguises.

Loryc: So we’ll start out as beggars or whatever and then like take a detour somewhere deserted and change to middle class types

Tristan: “can you make Zindal a woman? Like an old Crone”

Loryc: “Yup… but he walks too quickly to make that all that believable.”

Zindal: “Can you make Tristan a one-eyed cripple? Never mind, I can do that myself.”

Garrion: ok, porting tokens over to map…..

Loryc: “Now now Zindal, Tristan needs his depth perception.”

Tristan: “so touchy Zindal”

Urso: ( we take our weapons?)

Loryc: (Yeah heh, you guys should probably take your weapons)

Loryc: (It’s full on dungeon crawl mode basically)

Zindal: (Of course we do lol, we’re going into the sealed Pathfinder lodge that has some weirdass relic in it)

Zindal: readies a trusty Elven Mail Coif.

Garrion: do you need to detaor to your homes to get uncarried items?

Urso: ( fully equipped?)

Loryc: yeah, why not.

Loryc: I mean it’s a deserted thing, and I’ll illusion you till we get there.

  • Urso goes and suits up.

Garrion: homes MAY be watched???

Garrion: up to you

Garrion: roll stealth if you sneaking home to get anything

Loryc: lol yeah you may not want to go back to your homes.

Urso: A Stealth check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Stealth and gets 11 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 2

Garrion: Observation rolls 3d6 and gets 15 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Observation SUCCEEDS by 1

Zindal: lol

Loryc: Well at the very lesat hopefully you’ll lose your tail.

Loryc: I mean you got that hat of diguise anyway

Loryc: So jsut don’t let em follow you

Loryc: and they won’t know what it’s for anyway

Garrion: Urso gets in and out, not sure if anyone saw him.

Garrion: he he only one?

Zindal: I already have all my gear on me

Loryc: yeah I have all my gear.

Garrion: ok, you walk down the nearly deserted street……

Melty: Am I there? I’m really sorry

Melty: I’m being a huge fuckup right now T_T

Garrion: The entire compound is surrounded by a 12-foot-tall stone wall, its face encrusted with bird droppings, salt deposits from the sea, and other signs of neglect. A large oak sign hangs askew over the front gate, just above a set of rusted iron chains that seal the portal shut. The oak sign reads: “By order of Her Infernal Majestrix, this lodge is condemned and has been warded for your protection. Trespassing prohibited.”

Zindal: Yeah you’re hitching a ride in somebody’s pocket

Loryc: yeah we’re all together.

Loryc: “Invisiblity and a flight spell should suffice to get in.”

Garrion: the gates are wraught iron bars that you can see through…….

Zindal: “Hm… I wonder if the Thrune people put up wards of their own… That might be a problem.”

Garrion: Once lush, Delvehaven’s courtyard lawn is now a weedchoked mess. Nevertheless, there are still telltale signs that these grounds were once lovingly tended and beautiful. Huge Shoanti totems (some of them still standing) line the western border of the yard, while here and there stand algae-choked fountains adorned with authentic Osirian hieroglyphs. The inside of the front gate is flanked by a pair of statues of warrior women too detailed to be anything but genuine imports from Geb’s legendary field of maidens.

Loryc: “Either that or they’re just taking crediut for the pathfinder wards.”

Urso: " fly? Urso can just throw"

Tristan: brb, have to let dogs out

Urso: ( who ?)

Garrion: The front gate faces the meandering Adivian Walk, the road that runs along the eastern shore of Westcrown’s Rego Sacero; the far side of the road at this point overlooks a 30-foot-high bluff that drops into the waters below, and the road itself is generally not well traveled (few folks have need to use this stretch of road since it offers no access to the water and fronts a notorious building)

Loryc: “Well if you want to throw Zindal over a 12 ft wall….”

Garrion: The locks on the gate are rusted

Garrion: you figure that an attempt to climb the wall would be fairly average

Garrion: ((straight climb check))

Urso: (heh, Urso can probably just grab tghe top and pull himself up )

Loryc: (does anyoine actualyl have climb?)

Urso: ( ya )

Loryc: (It’s a 12 ft tall wall, I don’t think Urso is that big)

Urso: " Urso can toss over )

Loryc: (he’s not an ogre lol)

Loryc: “Well okay… I’ll make whoever goes first invisible…”

Urso: ( what almost 8’ tall, arms probably go another 3 feet up, just a little hop and up )

Garrion: it is day but cloudy

Zindal: ←rolls Climbing * and gets 11 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 3

Garrion: zindal scampers over….

Loryc: I’ll make Zindal invis for the climb basically

  • Urso helps boost anyone up that needs it, then will climb over last.

Garrion: place token where you climb over

Loryc: Plus anyone else who needs to climb over.

Loryc: I’ll just levitate over myself

Garrion: ok, everyone place tokens on far side of fence then.. with urso lifting it is relatively easy

Tristan: back

Urso: (anyone need help?)

Tristan: (maybe, catch me if I don’t make it)

Cedric: ( use str to climb?)

Garrion: just roll an easy acro (+2) to drop safely to other side if urso is doing the lifting work

Tristan: ←rolls Acrobatics and gets 9 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 2)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 5

Urso: ←rolls ST and gets 6 vs. Skill (19 with a modifier of 0)

Urso CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 13

Tristan: ninja urso!

Tristan: “hmmm… impressive”

  • Urso climbs up quickly and drops down on the other side.

Garrion: who’s pocket is melty in, or is she on her own?

Urso: ←rolls Acrobatics and gets 12 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 0

Tabris: She usually rides with Loryc I think

Sefiros: in mina’s boobs 99% of the time

Melty: ^

Tristan: good plan

  • Urso replaces his illusion hat with his helmet, attaches his shield and draws his axe.

Sefiros: her cleavage is like the melty recliner

Melty: It’s soft and comfortable

Tristan: but everyone looks there….

Garrion: ok, so mina then?

Loryc: “Well alright, this is more adventurer work than thief work… so I suppose I’ll leave it to the experts here.”

Garrion: mina you climbing over?

  • Sefiros will scuttle up with the aid of her spider climbing, displaying it for the first time, as she pulls a spiderman without explanation.

Tristan: (just pictured the pixie as Zindals buldge… moving around)

  • Mina will scuttle up with the aid of her spider climbing, displaying it for the first time, as she pulls a spiderman without explanation.

Melty: lol

Mina: lol Tristan

Tristan: “even more impressive”

Tabris: lol

Tristan: (and Zindal just smiling like “yeah, I got tricks”)

Loryc: lol

Mina: (who needs tube socks)

Garrion: ahead you see the front entrance…..

Garrion: A sagging veranda, its columns thick and mildew-spotted with age, adorns Delvehaven’s facade. Two huge oaken doors stand in the center of the veranda, a carving of a road receding into the horizon inscribed within a circle decorating each portal. A wooden placard above the doors hangs precariously from rotting joints, its face bearing an inscription.

Garrion: all windows seem to be boarded up

Urso: " Melty want to scout ahead?"

Garrion: mina place token in courtyard

Melty: (uuuuu I’m really really really sorry, can someone move me around or something? I REALLY don’t want to do this bullshit but I have to have it done tomorrow morning)

Loryc: well you’ll have to give me control over you

Melty: (And I’m withdrawing from my adhd meds because I’m a fucking retard and can’t get any until saturday)

Melty: (I really hate myself)

Melty: (There try that)

Garrion: Melty refuses the request and stays cuddled safe and sound in mina’s bossom

Tabris: I’m actually getting pretty tired, wonder if we can wrap up soon

Garrion: Urso advances straight down the center pathway…..

Garrion: urso… roll DX-3

Tristan: (wide awake here)

Tristan: *tristan looking around watching for danger, especially from the side of the building

Cedric is disconnected.

Cedric is disconnected.

Cedric has connected.

Tristan: two (normal) arrows at the string

Loryc: Urso stumbles and falls off the server?

Garrion: haha, yep

Garrion: urso… roll DX-3

Urso: ←rolls DX and gets 9 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of -3)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 0

Tabris: lol nice

Urso: ( why rolling?)

Garrion: As Urso steps up near the front of the veranda a sphere of force bursts upward in an attempt to encapulate him……

Tabris: That doesn’t sound good

Garrion: he deftly steps away barely in time to avoid it…..

Urso: " ball?"

Tristan: “hmmm… guess that’s not an illusion”

Garrion: a moment after the sphere forms a swarm of ravenous looking creatures emerges inside the sphere… with nothing to feed on they massacre each other as blood drips down the sides of the nearly invisible sphere of force

Garrion: soon the events taking place inside are obscured by a thick layer of blood and guts

Tristan: “cool”

Zindal: “I don’t imagine you’d say that if you were trapped in there.”

Loryc: “Well I hope that was just an illusion….”

Zindal: “Do you have any way of detecting those things?”

Garrion: loryc thaumatology

Loryc: ←rolls Wizard! and gets 8 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of 7)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 16

Garrion: it definately is not illusory… yu sense force and summoning magic

Loryc: “WEll that wasn’t an illusion.. as for detecting them.. I can try some magic detection magic…”

Loryc: “Though really… probably the easiest thing is just to send in a trap tester.”

Garrion: this seems placed to protect sn make a very visual statement… very Thrunish

Loryc: “The Thrune probably put that one tehre.”

Urso: " they put more?"

Loryc: “maybe… lets let Dunric find out.”

  • Loryc casts summon servant.

Loryc: “He can lead the way.”

Tristan: “your like one of those gnome army knives with your spells”

Loryc: “I’m still working on the bottle opening spell.”

Loryc: Alright I’ll just have my servant lead the way…

Loryc: He’ll be like 5 yards ahead of whoever wants to ead behind him

Tristan: *Tristan smiles at the joke

Garrion: ok, you have him take a path…..

Loryc: I don’t have ownership

Melty: T I set myself up so you can move me >.>;

Garrion: try now

Loryc: I can’t even select it G, it’s not on the token layer I don’t think

Loryc: Works good Sachi.

Loryc: I can move Melty along with me now

Garrion: there you go.. yep had as object

Loryc: He needs sight too

Loryc: I select him and my vision goes dark

Loryc: wait nm

Loryc: just had to do a reveal

Garrion: do that a bit slower… so i can see it trips any traps

Garrion: ok, right there.. roll a generic DX-3.. token is not set up so you will have to use generic roller

Loryc: heh, yeah I think his DX sucks anyway.

Loryc: Lemme see what a baseline servant has.

Garrion: or tell me score and i’ll roll

Loryc: All attributes equal to 9

Loryc: So it’d be a roll agaisnt a 6 lol

Loryc: he’s probably gonna fail

Loryc: but whatever he’s expendable anyway

Loryc: he’s only 3 to cast, so I mean he’s basically free.

Garrion: DX rolls 3d6 and gets 14 vs. Skill (9 with a modifier of -3)

DX FAILS by 8

Tristan: (“master hates us”)

Garrion: A sphere of force rises up to encapsulate Dunric….

Urso: ( did we move inside? my token is outside)

Garrion: shrtly later a swarm of creatures appears inside and ravages all over him….

Garrion: is he flesh and blood or just illusion?

Loryc: He’s flesh and blood I think.

Loryc: I mean he’s solid.

Loryc: So he can die. Though I think he’ll just dissipate when the spell ends.

Loryc: But he’s a creature that can manipulate things

Garrion: either way the sphere soon becomes clouded with chunks and blood

Loryc: “Fortuantely he comes from a very large family.”

  • Loryc creates another one.

Tristan: “hmmm… too bad you could not mind control that bitch plotting agaist us… walking her though this death field would have been entertaining”

Loryc: “Well lets see if the trap resets….”

Loryc: (I’ll have his successor follow the same path)

Garrion: ok, the successor walks down the path, nothign triggered up to the door…. the rest follow that path

Loryc: okay have him go up to the door.

Loryc: He can lead 5 yards in front.

Loryc: oh I’ll aslo cast See Secrets as well

Tristan: (poor guy)

Loryc: (Also I’m not gonna be standing that close lol)

Loryc: (I’ll give him 5 yards ahead of me)

Garrion: give me a knowledge check at -2

Urso: (raislin token?)

Loryc: ←rolls Encyclopedist! and gets 7 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 10

Garrion: A sagging veranda, its columns thick and mildew-spotted with age, adorns Delvehaven’s facade. Two huge oaken doors stand in the center of the veranda, a carving of a road receding into the horizon inscribed within a circle decorating each portal. A wooden placard above the doors hangs precariously from rotting joints, its face bearing an inscription.

Loryc: didn’t apply the -2 there but doesn’t matter

Loryc: still succeeded by 8

Garrion: The circular carving on the doors is the Pathfinder Society’s Glyph of the Open Road. The placard above presents Delvehaven’s ancient creed, written in Common: “To liberate the Past for the knowledge of Today; to live the maxim that fortune is earned by the bold; to prove there are no boundaries.” These doors are unlocked, left slightly ajar long ago

Tristan: *tristan moves to the doorway leading with his bow

Loryc: (Well lets have him open the door)

Garrion: They creak loudly with age when opened

Tristan: (I thought that was loryc at the door, no way i’m standing next to that thing)

Loryc: lol yeah.

Loryc: that’s why I said I’m staying 5 yards behind him.

Loryc: Since he’s got a dangerous job.

Garrion: I wouldn;t step off the cleared path if i were you tristan

Loryc: YOu don’t watn to go in with the bomb squad. lol.

Tristan: “whats a bomb?”

Loryc: (heh I didn’t actually say that in character, lol)

Tristan: ok cool

Loryc: (okay so lets have dunric go inside.)

Tristan: (“dunric the doomed”)

Garrion: he steps in….

Tristan: (should have nammed him “timmy”)

Loryc: lol

Tristan: (not sure anyone would get that joke…)

Loryc: Alriht will go forward as he clears the area

Loryc: though I’ll let Zindal/Urso in front of me still

Loryc: in case some monster attacks

Garrion: ok, as you enter…..

Garrion: Wide wooden stairs curl around the outer walls of this large vestibule, leading to the floor above. Several cushioned chairs line the east and west walls, all facing a large but empty display platform in the center of the room. A bronze plaque bearing an inscription sits on the north edge of the platform, while several huge paintings, each six feet tall, hang on the walls. Most of the paintings have been defaced and damaged beyond repair, but one seems untouched—a depiction of a pair of hunters overlooking the recently slain body of a horned beast.

Zindal: Damn, I’m about to pass out… I need to get some sleep

Melty: aww

Melty: night night~

Garrion: ok, stoip here?

Melty: I might as well have been asleep ^^;

Melty: orz

Urso: ok

Garrion: or let zindal fall to the rear while go on?

Tristan: i’m actually awake for once…

Tristan: and really want to shoot something =)

Zindal: Heh, you guys can do what you want

Zindal: But I’m out

Zindal: Catch you later

Loryc: yeah lets stop here

Loryc: ZIndal is going to sleep and Sachi is out anyway

Tabris is disconnected.

Garrion: ok, one last tidbit for this area…

Garrion: as you examine the platform

Mina: yeah im dozing off

Garrion: The plaque on the north side of the empty display reads: “Triceratops slain by Donatalus Bisby—4599 ar.”

Mina: i havent gotten much sleep at all past 2 days

Mina: its why i havent said much, pretty much got my eyes pried open with tooth picks

Loryc: yeah i’ll probably head to bed too.

Loryc: Getting tired myself

Garrion: roll know nature -10 to know triceratops

Tristan: we have a geriactic party tonight

Tristan: ←rolls Naturalist and gets 14 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of -10)

Tristan CRITICALLY FAILS by 12

Loryc: lol.

Tristan: i would have needed a crit to make it

Tristan: “that’s a demon of old”

Loryc: It appears to be some kind of horned bear…

Garrion: this is one creature Tristan knows nothing at all about… tri-cer-a- wah?

Tristan: “probably made up to be honest”

Tristan: “someone can paint anything on a wall and call it real”

Garrion: like the jack-a-lope

Tristan: (I might think that is real…)

Garrion: definately not real like an owlbear…..

Garrion: lol

Loryc: (heh well it’s a fantasy world… I mean there’s tons of random weird ass creatures)

Garrion: that what i mean.. an owlbear would be very real and known to a woodsman like tristan

Garrion: ok, we’ll stop here i guess.. i can get a little extra sleep

Garrion: so when that kiddo due Brice?

Tristan: right now, December 29th… so could be a new years baby.

Tristan: i’m hoping it will be a born in this year tax rebate baby myself

Tristan: feel bad for the kid though. my brother was born on the 29th and he always got 1/2 the presents "your birthday and chirstmas present). I think it messed him up for life

Tristan: so G, sense you are up would you mind playing a couple test combat sitations with me to test the effectiveness of the bow (distance and close range)?

Garrion: haha.. how wife holding up? she happy and content and super amped?

Melty: Ohhh, grats!

Melty: That’s awesome~

Tristan: thanks Sachi. Actually really excited.

Melty: ^^ As well you gotta right to be!~

Tristan: wife is doing much better now. Sickness has been much better this week and she’s eating again. She lost 14 lbs sense she has had a baby and she was small to start with (like 120 down to 105 or something…)

Urso: later

Garrion: sure, we can do something small…. want an open field or a normal situation with cover items?

Melty: Ack ; ; Hope everything goes awesome for you two! You three~

Tristan: not sure if I sadi this last time but she’s struggled with fibromalysia since she was 16 and we went to a nutirialist, took a blood test and identified a bunch of food intolerances. She took them out and it’s like a new life for her. complete 180

Cedric is disconnected.

Tristan: I think it’s a good time for the little one. I’m 34, she’s 32 and we are doing well as far as finances go so that should take a considerable amount of stress

Garrion: that is good, yep food alergies can play havok more than people think at times

Loryc: heh.

Tristan: Garrion, i’m up for anything. Just want to try range then close up to test to see if it acutally works

Melty: Whoa, that’s great she was able to do that. I had a friend who had fibromyalgia and IIRC back when he was diagnosed, like nobody had any idea what to do about it

Tristan: so, we were doing fertility then stopped, then went to the nutritionalist and then she got pregnant right away (without fertility).

Garrion: ok, we’ll just do something on thi map then… let me pop in a token

Tristan: tell your friend to get an “lcat” blood test.

Tristan: AMAZING

Loryc: yeah weird that food allergies can do that mcuh

Garrion: ok a guard appears around the corner… he is armed with a halberd for fighting at a reach

Garrion: inits

Tristan: and they really were not allergies but intolerances, brought on by stomach lining damage. She should be getting a bunch of foods back after she heals some. Some strange intorlarances as well….. kale, carrots, grapes, chocolate… crazy stuff. But MSG’s are ok…

  • Elite Guard prepares to fight! Initiative: 12.5
  • Tristan prepares to fight! Initiative: 17

Tristan has received initiative.

Tristan: ok, going to play it like I did not have two arrows ready so we can test this out.

Tristan: going to try to fast draw two normal arrows

Tristan: ←rolls Fast-Draw (Arrow) and gets 10 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 6

Tristan: ←rolls Fast-Draw (Arrow) and gets 7 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 9

Tristan: *tristan whipps to arrows out in one swift motion

Tristan: aiming for the vitals with both arrows

Tristan:
←Attacks Elite Guard with a Standard Arrow
in the vitals
←Rolls 10 vs. Skill 17 (21 with a modifier of -4)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 7

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -5 range, 4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan:
←Attacks Elite Guard with a Standard Arrow
in the vitals
←Rolls 8 vs. Skill 17 (21 with a modifier of -4)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 9

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -5 range, 4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Melty: Unfortunately he’s not here anymore T_T He was in a car accident

Elite Guard: tries to dodge and rolls a 10 with effective skill 9

Elite Guard FAILS by 1

Tristan: (+3 for aim, + 1 for signature move, -5 for distance)

Tristan: (can he try to dodge both or no?)

Garrion: it is a single attack or two attacks?

Tristan: good quesiton…. I think it’s a single attack…. “2 arrows instead of 1” but I can aim at two targets…. so not sure

Tristan: df11 page 32

Melty: The driver was distracted by her phone and ran a red light and got T-boned by a semi. He was the passenger

Melty: He was my BFF T_T

Tristan: (lost my dad to a drunk driver)

Tristan: (but I was 2 so really don’t remember him)

Tristan: (I think it was probably harder for you because you had memories associated)

Garrion: You can draw two arrows with a single Fast-Draw roll, and then ready your bow and shoot them both at once – at either the same or different targets. They get full range and damage, but you can only claim Acc bonuses on one target unless you possess Enhanced Tracking. Alongside just Heroic Archer, Double-Shot costs 7 points. If you also have Weapon Master (Bow), it costs 6 points.

Tristan: (oh sweet, only one fast draw roll needed, even better)

Garrion: so you only had to fast-draw roll once

Tristan: now the question.. one dodge or two? can they dodge once and avoid both or no?

Garrion: ok, sounds like you make two attack rolls

Tristan: seems like I could target two spots on one target

Tristan: yup

Tristan: so, your call on the dodge

Tristan: maybe roll surprise the first time someone sees it? no one expects 2 arrows

Garrion: if two attacks gets 2 dodges

Tristan: ok

Garrion: if one atk, just 1 dodge

Garrion: if one atk has multiple projectiles still only get single dodge

Melty: (Yeah T_T He isn’t even the only friend I’ve lost to a distracted driver)

Loryc: (damn Sachi)

Tristan: ok, so if they dodge they dodge both?

Elite Guard: tries to dodge and rolls a 9 with effective skill 9

Elite Guard SUCCEEDS by 0

Tristan: so, two dodges then? 1 for each attack?

Garrion: you get 1 defense per atk roll

Melty: (I don’t even talk on the phone when I’m driving or anything)

Tristan: and for dodge, are there minuses for concecutive dodges or that’s just parry?

Garrion: just parry

Garrion: dodge is unlimited

Tristan: (yeah, texting/talking/ putting on makeup behind the wheel kill people all the time)

Tristan: ok, so one hit.

Tristan: The Elven C. Bow (ST20) inflicts 9 imp raw damage.

Tristan: (dr/2)

Garrion: vitals

Tristan: then x3 (normal arrow, not bodkin)

Tristan: yup

Garrion: DR6 so halved to 3… 6 raw means 18

Elite Guard: is reduced 18 HP, and now has -5 HP: at half move.

Elite Guard: Major Wound Check

Elite Guard: Elite Guard rolls 3d6 and gets 13 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Elite Guard FAILS by 1

Tristan: (throw two more out behind him please)

Garrion: the shot knocks the guard to the ground stunning him

Tristan: lets try the split attack

Garrion: two more step out from each side

Tristan: ok, fast draw…

Tristan: ←rolls Fast-Draw (Arrow) and gets 5 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 11

Tristan: *years of practic draw his arrows in a fluid motion

  • Elite Guard 1 prepares to fight! Initiative: 16.5
  • Elite Guard 2 prepares to fight! Initiative: 12.5

Tristan: one on each

Tristan: (unless they beat my initive of course)

Tristan: and drawing bodkins this time to see the difference

Tristan:
←Attacks Elite Guard 1 with a Standard Arrow
in the vitals
←Rolls 14 vs. Skill 18 (21 with a modifier of -3)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 4

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -4 range, 4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Garrion: well main thing is limited ammo supply

Tristan:
←Attacks Elite Guard 2 with a Bodkin Arrow
in the vitals
←Rolls 10 vs. Skill 14 (21 with a modifier of -7)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 4

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -5 range, 1 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan: i have limited bodkins but have two cornicopia quivers (unlimited normal arrows)

Tristan: normally carry 24 bodkins

Garrion: why 2 quivers?

Garrion: only need 1 if unlimited

Tristan: you can only draw one arrow at a time so I figured I rigged them side-by-side. they weigh .05 lbs

Tristan: then I put the bodkins on my h ip

Tristan: hip

Garrion: ok, so you can draw multiple arrows

Tristan: yup

Tristan: need to figure out how to enchant bodkin unlimited. it’s in the magic book but funds are running low

Elite Guard 1: tries to dodge and rolls a 9 with effective skill 9

Elite Guard 1 SUCCEEDS by 0

Tristan: they can try to dodge

Elite Guard 2: tries to dodge and rolls a 9 with effective skill 9

Elite Guard 2 SUCCEEDS by 0

Tristan: boo

Tristan: “shit”

Garrion: the guards close in….

Tristan: *Tristan tries to judge the close time to see if he has enough time for another volly

Garrion: you back up

Tristan: ok

Tristan: ←rolls Fast-Draw (Arrow) and gets 12 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 4

Tristan:
←Attacks Elite Guard 1 with a Bodkin Arrow
in the vitals
←Rolls 10 vs. Skill 20 (21 with a modifier of -1)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 10

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -2 range, 4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan:
←Attacks Elite Guard 2 with a Bodkin Arrow
in the vitals
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 21 (21 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 10

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -3 range, 1 miscMod, 5 accMod

Elite Guard 1: tries to dodge and rolls a 10 with effective skill 9

Elite Guard 1 FAILS by 1

Elite Guard 2: tries to dodge and rolls a 11 with effective skill 9

Elite Guard 2 FAILS by 2

Tristan: “better”

Tristan: The Elven C. Bow (ST20) inflicts 11 pi raw damage.

Tristan: The Elven C. Bow (ST20) inflicts 15 pi raw damage.

Tristan: dr/4 × 3

Tristan: Urso type damge

Garrion: dr 1.5

Tristan: does dr round up or down?

Garrion: since you are removing DR, it will round up, making it DR2 remaining

Tristan: ok

Garrion: le tme check something on that

Tristan: 9 × 3 is 27

Tristan: ok

Loryc: heh yeah that guy si dead.

Garrion: Round up for point costs. When you modify a point cost by a percentage, or multiply it by a factor, round all fractions up. For instance, a 25% enhancement to a 15-point ability would result in 18.75 points, which would round to 19 points. For negative numbers, “up” means “in the positive direction”; e.g., if you multiply -7 points by 1/2 to get -3.5 points, round the result to -3 points. Round down for character feats and combat results. When you do math to determine what a character can do – how much he can lift, how far he can jump, etc. – or to calculate injury or other combat results, round all fractions down. For instance, for an attack that inflicts 3 points of injury with a 50% damage bonus, round down from 4.5 to 4 points.

Tristan: does not mention dr…

Loryc: I guess DR rounds down then?

Loryc: Well I mean, it says combat results are rounded down… so I assume taht’s probably DR>

Garrion: so since this is a reduction in DR, you get the lesser benefit by reducing to DR2

Loryc: since everything other than point costs seem to be rounded down.

Tristan: ok cool

Tristan: so, 27 to the first guy

Tristan: second guy is 13 × 3 or 39

Tristan: whats the damage record? Guessing Zindal eye-poke

Garrion: yeah, like 60ish

Tristan: good lord

Garrion: i think, not really keep track of it

Tristan: at 60 plus pretty much anything is dead….

Garrion: but eye poke does x4 an he has tit in the 30s with it

Loryc: probably Zindal power blow eye-stab.

Loryc: He can do a ton with that

Loryc: his rapier does more damage than a 12 gauge shotgun.

Garrion: haha

Tristan: need to put zindal agaist an elemetal that takes 1point of damge from anything. that would break his ego a bit

Tristan: tink, tink … tink, tink

Garrion: well we did

Tristan: i must have been out that day

Garrion: those elementals inthe fear of fire challenge

Garrion: melty had to take out those

Tristan: i think I went to bed before that.

Garrion: him and urso both were 1 point hitting

Loryc: I mean zindal would probably still kill it even if he was only doing 1 damage

Tristan: that was around the imp. yup, went to bed

Loryc: but it’d just take him forever to do it.

Loryc: lol

Tristan: (true) "why wont you die!)

Tristan: lighting elemental

Tristan: he would have a tough time with that. Stab = zap

Loryc: lo9l

Garrion: ok, now lets assume they get within melee

Loryc: I dunno with his DR he’d proably be immune to most damage even. ZIndal is basically the Terminator.

Loryc: He’s just an unstoppable eye stabbing machine

Tristan: ok cool

Tristan: "attack a guy without a sword huh?

Tristan: “pricks”

Tristan: *the ranger grasps his bow two handed preparing to fight off the armored pricks

Tristan: ok, so my strategy here is going to be to swing for their skulls and hope I can get enough damage through to do x4 damage and make up for the dr

Loryc: lol.

Tristan: normal attack so I can get defence

Garrion: now they have the reach on you

Tristan:
←Attacks Elite Guard 1 with a Elven Bow Swing
in the skull
←Rolls 6 vs. Skill 15 (21 with a modifier of -6)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 9

-7 for skull, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 1 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan: ok, how does reach work exactly? – for me?

Tristan: I guess i have reach of a baton… so that’s like a short sword?

Garrion: well your reach is 1.. i need to make you your little halo for reach

Tristan: little halo?

Tristan: the circle around me?

Garrion: that red area.. that is rach 1

Tristan: so, i have to move closer then right?

Tristan: a baton is only reach one?

Tristan: i can burn a fatige point to attack with no minus right?

Garrion: ok, they are at reach 2

Garrion: yes, have to step closer to attack

Tristan: and fatigue buring is cool because i have weapon master?

Tristan: he gets a dodge

Garrion: yes, you can burn FP to do the special things it allows

Tristan: cool, buring fp then. he can dodge now

Elite Guard 2: falls back, and tries to dodge and rolls a 7 with effective skill 12

Elite Guard 2 SUCCEEDS by 5

Tristan: boo

Garrion: now he dodges with a retreat, meaning he falls back a step

Tristan: I guess that’s my turn then.

Tristan: (rapid shot is -2 and I still get defence?), for next round I mean

Tristan: also, can I face so I can see them both?

Garrion: no, you change facing once per round.. you turned to face as you atacked, no turning back

Tristan: ok, learning so ok

Tristan: if I was facing left, could I still attack someone in my field of view?

Garrion: may be a specific time to change face too, let me see

Garrion: yes

Garrion: can attack in FoV

Tristan: ok

Garrion: At the end of your turn, if you took a Move or Move and Attack maneuver and used no more than half of your movement points – or if you chose the All-Out Defense (Increased Dodge) maneuver – you may turn to face in any direction. If you took a Move or Move and Attack and used more than half of your movement points, you may change your facing by one hex-side. You may also change facing before or during your movement on a Move, Move and Attack, or All-Out Defense (Increased Dodge) maneuver, but this costs movement points. Each hex-side of facing change counts as one yard of movement; e.g., turning 180° costs three movement points.

Tristan: so, I can face then?

Garrion: yes, though also keep in mind you turned at beginning of round also

Tristan: ok

Tristan: *tristan puts his back to the fountain… or rug…. or whatever this square is behind me

Garrion: you took a step forward

Tristan: so, facing action or no?

Garrion: that is facing away

Garrion: both are at your flanks and you defend at -2

Tristan: ok, better than not being able to defend at all

Garrion: now only #2 is at flank

Tristan: cool

Garrion: if they at eh 180 line or further back to your blind spot it is a flank and at -2

Garrion: anywhere forward of 180 is in plain sight

Tristan: cool, makes sense

Tristan: so, if I took a step back I would be good

Garrion: ok, so #1 mives in

Tristan: but out of moves so i’ll keep that in mind for later

Garrion: oh wow.. actually has reach 3

Tristan: that reach is not good for me but that’s ok, lets test it out

Garrion: ok, so he stays put and attacks across the platform since it not very high

Elite Guard 1:
←Attacks Tristan with a Swing Hook
in the Torso
←Rolls 9 vs. Skill 16 (16 with a modifier of 0)

Elite Guard 1 SUCCEEDS by 7

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan: tries to parry and rolls a 9 with effective skill 16

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 7

Tristan: *tristan slaps the long weapon out of the way

Garrion: #2 steps around the platform a bit….

Elite Guard 2:
←Attacks Tristan with a Swing Hook
in the Torso
←Rolls 5 vs. Skill 14 (16 with a modifier of -2)

Elite Guard 2 SUCCEEDS by 9

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -2 miscMod, 0 accMod

Garrion: attacks with a -2 giving you -1 to defense

Tristan: ok, so – 3 total?

Tristan: just -1… not flanking

Garrion: yep, if making another parry

Garrion: you at neg for multiple parry

Tristan: parrying multiple attaks in one round is -2?

Tristan: so, -3 total?

Garrion: let me double check again

Tristan: ok

Garrion: it is either -2 or -4

Tristan: i think it my be comunaltive -2

Tristan: unless you have a fencing weapon, then it’s halved

Tristan: tries to parry and rolls a 12 with effective skill 13

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 1

Garrion: Once you have attempted a parry with a particular weapon or bare hand, further attempts to parry with that weapon or hand are at a cumulative -4 per parry after the first. Reduce this to -2 per parry if you are using a fencing weapon or have the Trained By A Master or Weapon Master advantage – or to -1 per parry if both conditions are true. This penalty only applies to multiple parries on the same turn; it does not carry over between turns.

Tristan: ok, so -2 because I have weapon master

Garrion: correct

Tristan: *Tristan swats the weapon away at the last possible second and draws two arrows

Garrion: so -3 total

Tristan has received initiative.

Tristan: ←rolls Fast-Draw (Arrow) and gets 7 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 9

Tristan: shooting at the guy to the south

Tristan:
←Attacks Elite Guard 2 with a Bodkin Arrow
in the vitals
←Rolls 4 vs. Skill 23 (21 with a modifier of 2)

Tristan CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 19

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -1 range, 1 miscMod, 5 accMod

Garrion: no defense since crit

Tristan:
←Attacks Elite Guard 2 with a Bodkin Arrow
in the vitals
←Rolls 14 vs. Skill 23 (21 with a modifier of 2)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 9

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -1 range, 1 miscMod, 5 accMod

Table critical_hit (Garrion): Normal damage only.

Tristan: The Elven C. Bow (ST20) inflicts 15 imp raw damage.

Tristan: The Elven C. Bow (ST20) inflicts 14 imp raw damage.

Tristan: he can try to dodge the second one….

Tristan: first one does 39 though….

Elite Guard 2: tries to dodge and rolls a 11 with effective skill 9

Elite Guard 2 FAILS by 2

Tristan: second one does 36…

Tristan: max damage per round win

Garrion: he probably down

Tristan: 39 + 36 = 75

Garrion: #1 attacks

Tristan: “run while you can prick”

Garrion: he takesa chance and attascks with great flouish

Garrion: he takes a -6 to give you -3 to defense

Tristan: ok

Elite Guard 1:
←Attacks Tristan with a Swing Hook
in the Right Arm
←Rolls 7 vs. Skill 14 (16 with a modifier of -2)

Elite Guard 1 SUCCEEDS by 7

0 for Right Arm, 4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -6 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan: let’s see if he makes it….. crap

Tristan: tries to parry and rolls a 12 with effective skill 13

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 1

Garrion: it didn;t pay off and he leaves himself open

Tristan: *tristan almost falls for the flashy display but instinct kicks in at the last moment

Tristan: oh, no defence/

Tristan has received initiative.

Tristan: just to check for damgage i’ll burn a fp point and bash him over the head

Tristan:
←Attacks Elite Guard 1 with a Elven Bow Swing
in the skull
←Rolls 9 vs. Skill 15 (21 with a modifier of -6)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 6

-7 for skull, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 1 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan: The Elven C. Bow (ST20) inflicts 15 cr raw damage.

Tristan: 1/2 dr then x4

Garrion: 1/2 DR?

Tristan: so, 13 × 4 = 52 (penetrating bow)

Tristan: not sure if that carries over

Loryc: alright I’m gonna get some sleep, I’ll cya next week

Garrion: i think only applies to ammo

Tristan: lacter Loryc

Taragnor is disconnected.

Tristan: ok, that’s why we practice

Tristan: so, what’s his full DR?

Garrion: but you kn ow, that is an aspect of the bow itself, not the ammo so i’ll give it to you

Tristan: sweet!

Tristan: so, 52 damage

Garrion: unless.. the penetrating aspect only applies to pi or IMP atks

Tristan: not sure

Tristan: either way, splat on the head

Tristan: what’s the full dr? 6?

Garrion: Cutting, impaling, or piercing weapons with this enchantment pass through armor as if it were butter.

Garrion: it is CR so no go

Tristan: ok, so no crushing…

Tristan: ok, no worries. Might have to upgrade it to a bladed elven bow"

Garrion: skull DR is 6

Tristan: ok, so 9 × 4 = 36

Tristan: still respectable

Garrion: still decent

Garrion: and you clock him as he falls unconscious to the ground

Tristan: ok, so moral of the story is use arrows

Tristan: but, I should be able to hold off a round or two and wait for backup

Tristan: I appreciate you going through the motions with me, helps me learn the rules (especially flanking, moving etc)

Garrion: yes arrows always best bet.. no AoO like in D&D

Garrion: no most bows not allow parry and only get a lousy dodge, but your bow allow parry

Tristan: they can parry though

Tristan: and my dodge is not bad, 13

Garrion: shoot if you can but if no arrow avaiable then you can bash

Garrion: no, that a very good dodge

Tristan: i was thinking more along the lines of zombies and skeletons that peircing/impaling do crap damage

Garrion: yes, that is for sure

Tristan: parry is nice as well

Tristan: ok, well it’s my bedtime sir.

Tristan: thanks for staying up with me

Garrion: some creatures will be more succeptible to a bash than a poke

Tristan: (yeah, and that demon dr can be tough so nice getting swing damage in there to overcome dr)

Tristan: … although, no divisor so bodkins make up for that as well

Garrion: well the good news…. once they past the being sick part usually get a hormone rush and honey as hell

Tristan: hope so. I could use some honey….

Garrion: supposed to be an R in there, lol

Tristan: yup, I got that

Tristan: but, I don’t miss a beat…. it’s how I roll

Tristan: I hope we get to meet face to face some day!

Garrion: haha, we’ll see how well everyone rolls in a session or two

Tristan: but heading to bed for tonight. work in the morning and 1am here

Tristan: night!

Garrion: yep, take care

Melty: Night guys! I’m gonna head off too~

Melty: I’ll actually be here next time .

Garrion: me too, lol

Garrion: have a good nigth

Melty: You too!

Sachi is disconnected.

Session 33

GURPS on Golarion Garrion