Session 18

Server started; please wait for map to refresh.

Tabris has connected.

Taragnor has connected.

Garrion: howdy

Taragnor: hey.

Garrion: ok so sef said he will be a little late

Garrion: we’ll launch this session spotlighting Loryc some more

Garrion: brb

Cedric has connected.

Taragnor: cool.

Taragnor: I’m good with that. Gimme one sec to get something to drink.

Cedric: hey, glad you one so can update my toon

Tabris: Oh yeah I need to put my changes into my mini

Cedric: got the weapon master finally

Tabris: Nice

Cedric: so that just add +8 to damage right? anything else?

Tabris: Well it depends on your weapon skill and how many dice you have

Cedric: well bumped my skill to 16

Tabris: I think that gets you to +2 per weapon die, I’d have to check it and see what weapon you have

Cedric: throwing axe

Tabris: There’s a couple other things it does too

Tabris: Just check the book, lol

Bruce the lesser: where it in the book?

Tabris: It’s in the Advantages section I think, just do Ctrl+F and search for Weapon Master

Bruce the lesser: ya, 2 if your skill is dx2 or better

Taragnor: pretty sure WM is just a straight +2 damage per die.

Taragnor: I know some of the other skills like karate give damage buffs if your skill is a certain level too

Taragnor: though I dont’ think the sword skills do that

Tabris: No it specifically depends on your weapon skill

Bruce the lesser: The Throwing Axe inflicts 21 cut raw damage.

Tabris: You get more damage if you have a higher weapon skill

Taragnor: oh weird

Bruce the lesser: nice, have average damage now of 23

Taragnor: guess they’re afraid of poeple taking weapon mastery in stuff they’re not good at for some reason

Taragnor: Sorta just hoses you more if you took weapon mastery in a group fo weapons instead of just one

Taragnor: Seems pretty unnecessary lol, since it costs more to take it in all weapons anyway

Sachi has connected.

Bruce the lesser: so dropped 20 in weapon master, 4 pts for another level of skill in my axe, and two ranks to Jumping

Taragnor: I’m rdy to go whenever you are G.

Melty: Hm, lemme check something rq

Garrion: you can always alter it too

Garrion: just cause you do single weapon to start you can upgrade it later by spending the difference in point costs

Bruce the lesser: I’m done updating my mini in Limbo G, can you save and toss em onto the current map?

Garrion: sure thing

Melty: lolll, I’m exactly 1 point short of being able to apply Affects Insubstantial to all 3 of my regular magery levels

Taragnor: whoa you can do taht Sachi?

Taragnor: I didn’t know you could apply that to magery and it’d make all your spells hit ghosts.

Melty: I thought G said I could

Taragnor: heh, well you might be able to. I was just amazed that you coudl do that

Melty: Like, that’s why I thought I could do that was what G said, so I coulda misunderstood >>;;

Garrion: yes, limitations and enhancements affect the power they are died to

Taragnor: since I didn’t know that was legal or not

Melty: But yeah, I don’t see like a rules reason why you can’t

Taragnor: since spells are skils and what not.

Taragnor: Could you key affects incorp to a weapon skil?

Melty: I just hadn’t thought of it

Tabris: Why do my boots have +2 on the damage? Do boots add a bonus to basic Thrust damage?

Taragnor: think boots are swing damage

Taragnor: They might get a buff too.

Melty: I don’t think it works that way, since it’s attached to Magery and not to a skill

Garrion: no, enhancements do not affect skills except in specific circumstances

Taragnor: Yeah, just never knew how that worked since like… magery is kinda like a talent, where it just grants bonuses to your spells.

Melty: It’s also a prerequisite ability though

Garrion: well magery is actually an advantage

Taragnor: Didn’t know you’d have stuff that’d carry over to all your spells. heh. That’s interesting to know.

Garrion: so enhancemtns and limitations apply to it as such

Taragnor: So you could take like armor pericing on your magery and your spells would have that too?

Melty: A talent is a specific advantage that’s not equivalent to Magery >.>

Taragnor: Yeah I just wasn’t aware that taking combat buffs on your magery would translate to your spells.

Melty: I think some stuff is only for innate attacks, right? Let me look at the book

Garrion: correct

Urso: ←rolls Jumping and gets 5 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 8

Urso: looked at that wildcard skill, DAMN they expensive

Melty: Affects Insubstantial is a general enhancement, but Armor Divisor has the gun icon and also it specifically only applies to Innate Attacks and Afflictions

Tabris: lol yup

Taragnor: yeah wildcards generally aren’t useful honestly, unless you’ve got a huge stat in something

Taragnor: it mgiht be okay for a ST skill for you, if there are any ST skills

Taragnor: Or like DX skills for Tab, cause he’s a dex whore I think

Melty: Yeah, if it has the gun icon you can only use it with Affliction, Binding, Innate Attack, and advantages with the Ranged enhancement, and then Armor Divisor has additional restrictions

Taragnor: But like unless you want all the skills in the wildcard groupo, you’re basically way better jsut buying em individually.

Taragnor: It’s really good too for skills with a ton fo specialties, like area knowledge say

Urso: there really aren’t many str skills

Garrion: Affects Insubstantial +20% Your ability affects insubstantial targets in addition to normal, substantial things.

Taragnor: since I can just have my encyclopedist skil which gives me area knowledge (all)

Taragnor: So it’s like a ton of individual skills in one by taking that

Garrion: You can apply enhancements to advantages, and more rarely to basic attributes and secondary characteristics. The GM might even permit specific enhancements on certain skills, but this is difficult to justify unless the skill functions much as an advantage (which is sometimes true of racially innate skills possessed by nonhumans).

Taragnor: could you take like Area modifier or armor percing on your magery and have that translate to your spells?

Taragnor: Like if you wanted to get a spell with an armor divisor?

Melty: Nope

Melty: They’re attack modifiers so you can’t take them on Magery

Melty: I just explained that

Taragnor: WHere does it say they’re attack mods only?

Garrion: The ones with the pistol symbol next to them are intended only for Affliction, Binding, and Innate Attack, and for advantages modified with the Ranged enhancement (p. 107). They are called “attack” modifiers.

Melty: On B102… where it has the gun icon next tot hem

Taragnor: ah lol okay it’s an icon

Melty: Look under “Attack Enhancements and Limitations” on the sidebar

Taragnor: That’s why I didn’t see it

Taragnor: ah I see

Garrion: but affects insubstantial does not have the “Gun”

Tristan has connected.

Tristan: hello everymone

Tristan: everyone

Taragnor: whoat increased range doens’t have a gun

Taragnor: could I take that to halve my penalties for casting at range?

Tristan: heads up, still building a webiste so hopefully i’m not too distracted.

Garrion: so it is not specific to innate attqacks and such

Melty: Right, that’s why I can take it on Magery but I can’t also take idiotically cheesy things for Magery

Garrion: correct

Taragnor: Yeah I’m just trying to figure out what stuff I can do.

Garrion: tat would not help your range epenalty

Garrion: all that does is boost the max and 1/2D ranges

Taragnor: whoa…. reduced fatigue cost. That seems really useful for magery.

Taragnor: +20% for each level to reduce the cost to use and maintain by 1 FP

Taragnor: could I take that for magery? That’d be super useful

Taragnor: It’s on page 108 btw.

Garrion: well there is nothing prohibiting it… however you are already able to pump out quite a few spells with no FP

Taragnor: Yeah I mean I’d only take it once probably for those spells that still cost me to maintain/cast.

Taragnor: Woudl save me a bunch since then I wouldn’t have to raise my skil level to 25 for another cost reduction

Taragnor: Since i’m kinda a low FP caster based on efficiency that’d be really useful

Garrion: i’ll have to search the furums to see what kromm has to say about linking that with magery

Melty: Yeah, I was gonna call that cheesy but for 20% per FP I dunno if it’s as bad as it sounds, considering how much FP the really sick spells cost

Taragnor: yeah, I mean it seems really useful but not entirely broken, I mean it’s not giving you a higher skill rating, so doesn’t help with hainvg more spells active at once for isntance, casting att higher ranges or reduced casting time

Melty: Yeah

Taragnor: So it’s not like…obviously OP. Though it could be really useful for what I wanted to do

Melty: Yeah it’s really really good…

Taragnor: Yeah. heh certainly really useful. I mean probably more useful to you Sachi than it would be for me, since I already got a high enough skill wher I cast most stuff free and maintian it.

Melty: I dunno… Being able to maintain Reverse Missiles for free would be kind of sick… But on the other hand the casting cost is 7

Melty: On top of that

Garrion: i guess my concern is giving you many more “free and automaintain” spells…. my first reaction is to allow it but i need to see how it will directly affect the casting process

Taragnor: well how much is it to maintain?

Melty: 3

Melty: 7 cast, 3 maintain

Tristan (Stan): or have a limit of how many free or automaintian can be active at once

Taragnor: I mean for melty it’d be a big deal, since she doesn’t have the high skill stuff I do. For me it’d only make a few more of my spells free.

Taragnor: Mainly I could then maintain great hallucination forever which is awsome.

Melty: Well, for each spell I’m maintaining I get -1 on my spellcasting so that serves as a kind of limitation

Melty: I’m still kinda iffy about it

Melty: It seems like it’s kind of not intended to apply there but it’s really hard to tell with GURPS

Taragnor: Yeah, there’s still some drawbacks to it.

Garrion: right but that only matters on spells cast under pressurte.. if no pressure you just cast over and over till you finally get it

Taragnor: Yeah. Well I mean a critical failure can still produce some bad things as well.

Garrion: anyway…. we can research the gameplay affect later.. let’s get on with Loryc’s exploring

Taragnor: Like if you crit fail on a stealth mission it might give you away if creates a puff of smokle or something.

Tabris: We’re supposed to be high powered characters in an epic fantasy setting, who cares about tracking cost for powers outside of combat

Taragnor: heh okay.

Melty: Yeah lol

Melty: Also you do recover FP REALLY fast in this game

Loryc (aka Robert): Well I mean… mostly it’s relevant for times when like I want to make tons of people invis or something

Tabris: Nobody asks Superman to book keep how many power points he has

Melty: btw now that the group’s together I’m resting in Mina’s clothing.

Melty: Well, I don’t mind having to pay FP

Melty: I mean that’s how the game works

Garrion: ok, Melty is not riding on Zindal’s Shoulder anymore?

Tabris: Sadness

Melty: Oh is that where I was? I’ll stay there then

Melty: For now~

Loryc (aka Robert): Lets see… last I heard the mayor having sex with my servant mina.

Melty: So long as I can get a little rest

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) idly strokes Melty’s hair while she sits on his shoulder, almost like petting a cat… or parrot

Garrion: ok…. you all explore the “cell” area and find a door exiting it.. we stop there and highlight Loryc some

Loryc (aka Robert): Well I know it’s on the first floor.. so… lets check another wing of the house.

Loryc (aka Robert): what was down at the bottom right again?

Garrion: Loryc, when we left off you were exploring and hear the fake Mina keeping the mayor occupied

Tristan (Stan): “it had to be a real bitch to be stuck in here for that long”

Loryc (aka Robert): That door locked or did I check that?

Tristan (Stan): “someone will probably notice he is missing. Urso, can you kick in that door to make it looks like it escaped?”

Tristan (Stan): “from the inside to out of course”

Tristan (Stan): “melty, can you lock it back”

Garrion: that was an unused bedroom

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “If it held him for as long as he’s been in there, how would he suddenly escape now?”

Melty: I do recover 1 FP and 1 ER each 2 minutes while I’m resting completely, which is what I’m trying to do on his shoulder, so can you let me know how many please, G?~ Next time I start moving around or casting spells, at least. Hehe.

Garrion: next to a unused looking shrine to asmodeus

Melty: “Yeah, I can do that.”

Tristan (Stan): “hey, I can’t think of all the fixes, you got a better idea i’m all ears”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) shrugs

Tristan (Stan): “thanks short stack”

Loryc (aka Robert): ah okay so nothing otver there.. yeah it’s been a couple weeks since I explored so just wanted to remember if I did everything on this side.

Melty: “Yeah, it’s cool. Just make it look like he stabbed himself or whatever.”

Loryc (aka Robert): I know the only room I haven’t seen so far is the one the mayor’s in.

Loryc (aka Robert): At leat I think so.

Garrion: well since the shadows and the devil battle.. it takes you a couple minutes to scout the halls here

Garrion: and peek into the rooms

Melty: “Repeatedly from a bunch of different angles.”

Tristan (Stan): “well, he kinda disapeared so hard to make him look like he did anything”

Tristan (Stan): (pick up my arrow)

Melty: “Oh yeah, well that’s easy.”

Tristan (Stan): “no need to leave this here”

Garrion: each “window” opens to reveal rooms with mummyfied remains except one that is empty

Loryc (aka Robert): So did I get the entirety of the east side explored?

Loryc (aka Robert): Besides that one area the mayor is at?

Tristan (Stan): “Zindal, did you want this arrow. It can remind you of the time I killed a demon”

Garrion: yes

Loryc (aka Robert): okay well I’ll check out the west dside then

Loryc (aka Robert): if the mayor room is the only one I haven’t seen yet.

Loryc (aka Robert): DOubt he has a bed in his treasury.

Loryc (aka Robert): So lets check this door out

Garrion: ((i dunno why it dbut i hate when map reveals are reset and go back to being hidden

Loryc (aka Robert): I thikni t’s when you hit a certain type of reveal

Garrion: ok, this door opens to……

Loryc (aka Robert): I dunno exactly what resets it. but I think it has something to do with how you reveal the map maybe

Loryc (aka Robert): btw, let me know if it looks like I’m going into anywhere restricted, like if there’s ropes or something

Loryc (aka Robert): toherwise I’ll just go in and explore.

Garrion: This room is cool

Loryc (aka Robert): I still got my keen hearing up btw so I’m hearing at rank 19 if that’s ever relevant

Garrion: this looks like the wine storage area

Loryc (aka Robert): basically superhuman hearing.

Garrion: there are racks of wines here

Loryc (aka Robert): I’m guessing the cheap stuff, since i found that other room with expensive wine.

Garrion: there is a case on the south wall that is locked

Loryc (aka Robert): hm interesting… I’ll make a mental note of the case for now and check that other door, see if the coast is clear to try to pick it maybe.

Garrion: the door swings open…. you are still invis right?

Loryc (aka Robert): Nah wasn’t invis right now

Loryc (aka Robert): I got darkvision and keen hearing on.

Garrion: ok, make PErc roll

Garrion: hearing

Loryc (aka Robert): I mean no sense to let em see me opening doors by themselves.

Loryc (aka Robert): A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 12 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc (aka Robert) SUCCEEDS by 3

Loryc (aka Robert): add 4 to that if it’s hearing

Garrion: +4 for hearing right?

Loryc (aka Robert): Yeah.

Loryc (aka Robert): So should be 19 total skill hearing

Garrion: ok, you hear footsteps coming down the hall

Garrion: or whatever is on the other side fo the door

Tristan (Stan): (drawing bow)

Tristan (Stan): (oh, sorry, i don’t hear it)

Tristan (Stan): (finishing stupid website)

Loryc (aka Robert): hmm.. well thye door doesn’t have any kinda restricitons on it right?

Garrion: nope

Loryc (aka Robert): so I’ll open it up and see what’s on the other side.

Loryc (aka Robert): can’t get into that much trouble for wnadering if this place isn’t off limits

Garrion: just as you do… DX check

Loryc (aka Robert): ←rolls DX and gets 12 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc (aka Robert) FAILS by 2

Garrion: the door swings open and hits you right in the nose… HT check

Loryc (aka Robert): ←rolls HT and gets 7 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc (aka Robert) SUCCEEDS by 3

Loryc (aka Robert): heh well I mean if the footsteps were directly outsid ethe door i’d have backed off from it, I didn’t even know they were that close.

Garrion: your eyes tear up but the hit was not severe enough to cause a bleed

  • Melty nuzzles Zindal’s hand absentmindedly.

Urso: (hehe)

Garrion: “Whoa, what the hell you doing there?”.. it is a servant doubtlessly coming to get more wine

Loryc (aka Robert): I mean I kinda took a 19 hearing so I didn’t get surprised :P

Loryc (aka Robert): “I was just wandering around. Why am I not supposed to be here?”

Garrion: Right.. you heard it.. i said you heard it….

  • Tabris grins as he continues petting Melty
  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) grins as he continues petting Melty

Loryc (aka Robert): (Wel I mean I didn’t know it was that close to the door heh.)

Loryc (aka Robert): (like I figured it was fairly distant or something)

Loryc (aka Robert): (As oppsoed to the other side of the door)

Garrion: no i said on the other side of the door….

Loryc (aka Robert): (heh well I didn’t know you meant like… right on the other side.)

Loryc (aka Robert): (like directly about to enter)

Loryc (aka Robert): (I thought you just meant somewhere beyond the door)

Garrion: anyway

Loryc (aka Robert): (but whatever, heh)

Loryc (aka Robert): “As much as I’m enjoying this place, I can’t say I have a positive opinion of its doors.”

Garrion: “Sorry sir. If you want wines we have plenty out at the table. Do you have a request?”

Garrion: INT rolls 3d6 and gets 11 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

INT FAILS by 1

Loryc (aka Robert): “No, like I said, I was just exploring. It’s not everyday I get to see a manor of this level of splendor.”

Loryc (aka Robert): “Am I not allowed to be back here? If so I apologize…”

Garrion: “Ok, just let me know if you want anything special.”

Garrion: He holds the door open for you to exit

Loryc (aka Robert): (alright i’ll just keep going for now)

Loryc (aka Robert): (since he doens’t seem to care that i was back there)

Loryc (aka Robert): So we’ll try the south door next.

Melty: (Doors… Melty’s natural enemy)

Loryc (aka Robert): btw for future reference, I’m not gonna open anymore doors if I hear someone coming towards me that’s directly on the other side of the door

Garrion: as you head south.. “Uhmm, sir., the party is that way.” pointing to the north door

Loryc (aka Robert): “Ah… am I not supposed to gto in there? Like I said I just wanted to take in the sights of this place.”

Loryc (aka Robert): “After seeing the amazing dinging hall, I must say I’ll take any opportunity to check out the rest of the decor in this fantastic place.”

Garrion: “It is probaly best that you not wonder too much. You would not want to get lost and miss the next course coming up soon.”

Loryc (aka Robert): “Ha well I wouldn’t get lost easily.. unless of course there’s a magical maze and a minotaur… which honestly I would be tempted to see.”

Garrion: btw, you acting drunk/innebriated or just a pure as rain?

Loryc (aka Robert): well I don’t think I have to exactly act drunk. lol.

Loryc (aka Robert): since I’m already taking that penalty to my IQ for the food and drink

Garrion: well you are a little affected but not as much as everyone else

Tristan (Stan): (I find out where the nearest bathroom is so I can say I was hanging out there)

Loryc (aka Robert): I mean I’ll just mostly be myself, I’m just pretty much protraying the typical non-noble exposed to such opulence

Loryc (aka Robert): and he’s curious what the rest ofthe manor looks like.

Garrion: you are in the vault…. you can piss into the void

Loryc (aka Robert): So like I won’t appear ridigculosuly drunk where I’m gonna pass out or puke on his rugs.

Tristan (Stan): (if someone from the party says something)

Loryc (aka Robert): I mean I’m just portraying a lower class actor type amazed at all the awesome stuff and wants to check stuff out.

Loryc (aka Robert): If you want I can do an acting roll for that.

Garrion: he does not seem to recognize you at this point.. or at least he does not act like he knows the famous actor

Loryc (aka Robert): heh well I am in costume still.

Garrion: yes, but he is a simple servant and busy at work

Loryc (aka Robert): Though whatever I mean he’s a servant so not a huge deal. unlkess he wants to press the issue.

Garrion: and so many nobles are oppulently dressed

Loryc (aka Robert): If he asks around to the other servants he’ll figure out I’m some actor anyway.

Loryc (aka Robert): Or if he asks the majordomo, I mean I already talked to her.

Garrion: ok anyway.. you heading to the door he motioned to or ignoring?

Loryc (aka Robert): “I’ll just take a litle peek if the mayor wouldn’t mind.”

Loryc (aka Robert): I’ll ignore him for now just try to take a peek into that room. unless ther’es like an “offlimits” sign or something obvious

Loryc (aka Robert): Since the attic had a sign I assume he locked or kept people away form places they sohuldn’t go.

Garrion: “Whatever.. it is not my problem…. biubfaoobnosd.”

Garrion: That last bit was mumbled under his breath

Loryc (aka Robert): heh okay.

Loryc (aka Robert): going to open the door.

Garrion: if you care to hear you can roll hearing -4

Loryc (aka Robert): A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 16 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc (aka Robert) FAILS by 1

Loryc (aka Robert): Thatd be unmodified

Loryc (aka Robert): siunce I get the +4 from the spell

Garrion: you can not make out what he said at the end

Loryc (aka Robert): heh whatever. lol. not a huge deal.

Loryc (aka Robert): I’ll open the door and see what’s behind it

Garrion: well it would matter if he muttered let the damn fool get mauled by the dogs in there!

Loryc (aka Robert): well I’m assuming the mayor would lock the doors if that was the case lol.

Loryc (aka Robert): Plus I’m peeking in

Tristan (Stan): (or it was a death spell and he was a all powerful wizard)

Loryc (aka Robert): not like bursting in on a screaming charge.

Garrion: DV right?

Loryc (aka Robert): Yeah.

Loryc (aka Robert): I got DV on.

Loryc (aka Robert): Also I wanted to drop a see secrets spell (I forogt ot cast that before), so gonna do that now

Loryc (aka Robert): after the servant is gone

Loryc (aka Robert): ←rolls Spell (SL 21) and gets 13 vs. Skill (21 with a modifier of -5)

Loryc (aka Robert) SUCCEEDS by 3

Garrion: you open the door and inside is a candle lit on a nightstand…. the room has 4 double bunks for sleeping 8 people

Loryc (aka Robert): receives -3 fatigue, and now has 7 FP.

Loryc (aka Robert): regains 2 fatigue, and now has 9 FP.

Garrion: ok, what that one do?

Loryc (aka Robert): Uh.. basically autodetects secret doors and hidden stuff.. lemme look it up again

Cedric is disconnected.

Cedric is disconnected.

Cedric has connected.

Loryc (aka Robert): on page 107

Loryc (aka Robert): Causes hidden items, doors, traps, etc. to stand out clearly in the ubjects vision

Zindal (aka Ladzin): sets aside a trusty Longsword.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): picks up a trusty Longsword.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): readies a trusty Longsword.

Loryc (aka Robert): works only on stuff deliberately hidden, not lost.

Loryc (aka Robert): So that’s good for finding secret treasure vaults.

Garrion: ok, should have had that cast before

Loryc (aka Robert): yeah I forgot before. heh.

Loryc (aka Robert): I wanted to just slipped my mind when i was doing the actual exploring.

Garrion: you detect some movement in one of the beds….

Loryc (aka Robert): Ah okay, any other exits?

Garrion: there os a large lump under the covers of one of the beds moving

Loryc (aka Robert): Hmm… well I doubt his vault would be near here.

Loryc (aka Robert): so I’ll leave that.

Garrion: you entering and walkign through room?

Loryc (aka Robert): nah.

Loryc (aka Robert): just closing the door

Loryc (aka Robert): And going down the corridor

Loryc (aka Robert): This looks like serants quarters stuff

Loryc (aka Robert): I’ll retrace my steps with see secrets on and go through the shrine of Asmodeus room

Loryc (aka Robert): I want to see if there’s anything hidden there.

Loryc (aka Robert): figure that’s prolly where it’d be hidden if anywhere

Loryc (aka Robert): now that I remembered to cast it. ugess we can attribute the miscalculation due ot mLoyryc being drunk

Loryc (aka Robert): but basically I’m gonna retrace my steps through the rooms that I went through before doing aqucik check with see secrets on.

Garrion: hehe, yeah

Tabris: (And yet he tries to fuss at us for screwing around)

Loryc (aka Robert): Obviously avoiding the one with the mayor and Mina in it.

Garrion: nothiogn more than you already saw in here

Loryc (aka Robert): Alright I’l just do a quick check of all the rooms on this side

Loryc (aka Robert): might as well just make sure ther’s nothing here since the oroms were empty mostly anyway

Loryc (aka Robert): so just gonna go at a brisk pace checking em out.

Garrion: ok, you spend about 10 m inutes messing around with the rest of your exploration and backtracking…. 1145

Loryc (aka Robert): I find anything in the east side of the manor?

Loryc (aka Robert): basically checking out evey room on that side except the one containing the mayor and Mina

Loryc (aka Robert): Just basically walking poast, so not spending a huge amount of time.

Garrion: looking at spell

Garrion: one sec

Garrion: free to maintain?

Loryc (aka Robert): yeah.

Loryc (aka Robert): 5 to cast and 2 to maintain and I cut 2 off the costs.

Loryc (aka Robert): So free to maintain

Garrion: ok.. as you head down this hall you clearly see a door at the end of the hall that was not there before

Loryc (aka Robert): ooo… interesting..

Loryc (aka Robert): It have an obvious way to open it?

Loryc (aka Robert): Like a latch or something?

Garrion: you see the “door” but you still need to look for how to open it

Loryc (aka Robert): what’s around there?

Loryc (aka Robert): I’m not gonna manipulate anything just yet.. but I’m just getting an idea of the surroundings.

Tabris: You have to solve a sixth order differential equation to open it, good luck

Garrion: wall, trim, picture

Garrion: doors nearby

Loryc (aka Robert): No torchholders or things that could be pulled?

Loryc (aka Robert): Wait..what about those other secret doors the servants took me through whne I was the maid.

Loryc (aka Robert): How did those open again?

Garrion: no, there is no latch in the door… that would make it too obvious to spot

Loryc (aka Robert): how did the other secret doors open?

Loryc (aka Robert): I forget it’s beenweeks heh.. though only a few days in game

Garrion: there was a tile that you pressed to open it…

Loryc (aka Robert): I see anything like that here?

Garrion: no

Loryc (aka Robert): hmm so it’s just a picture frame?

Garrion: and the trim on the wall

Loryc (aka Robert): Okay ,I’ll check out the trim

Loryc (aka Robert): See if any part of it can be pressed

Loryc (aka Robert): or otherwise manipualted.

Garrion: roll search+2 due to your detailed explanation

Loryc (aka Robert): A Search check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Search and gets 17 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of 2)

Loryc (aka Robert) FAILS by 1

Garrion: you find nothing on the trim

Tabris: Take 20

Tabris: Wait

Garrion: lol

Garrion: you can take extra time

Loryc (aka Robert): Alright.. I’ll wait to see if nobody is donw the hall then going to like try to move the patinaing, I just want to see if it’s like on a hook and string or if it’s actually bolted to the wall.

Loryc (aka Robert): Since if It can’t move it at all it may be turnable.

Urso: (heh, take 16 )

Garrion: 40

Garrion: it seems to be pretty solid mount

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (I think in this case it would actually be like… Take 3)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (Try drawing a mustache on the painting, maybe you have to complete the color by number)

Garrion: ((lol,. bunch of jokesters))

Loryc (aka Robert): Alright i’ll try to twist it.

Loryc (aka Robert): Like basically see if the framne rotates

Garrion: it does nto twist

Loryc (aka Robert): I’ll do a detect magic on it.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (Just cast Dimension Door)

Loryc (aka Robert): I can cast that for free.

Urso: ( see if any buttons on the outside frame )

Loryc (aka Robert): so want to see if the thing (or wall is magic)

Loryc (aka Robert): might be command word operated.

Garrion: tick tock… 5 more minutes passes as you check out the “door”….. 1150

Garrion: it is not magic

Loryc (aka Robert): Wait..

Loryc (aka Robert): actually…

Loryc (aka Robert): those other secret doors I opened with the maids… was there an obvious lever to opej iton the other side?

Loryc (aka Robert): Or was it hidden on both sides?

Garrion: you really maming this harder than it has to be… yes, on the “non-hidden” side

Loryc (aka Robert): Hmm… could I use apportation to try to pull a lever I can’t see on the other side?

Garrion: no

Loryc (aka Robert): I know you can cast spells on GURPS on stuff you can’t see at a -5

Loryc (aka Robert): like you can specify a target on the other side of a door.

Loryc (aka Robert): even if you don’t know waht that target is.

Garrion: but you have no clue IF there is even anything

Loryc (aka Robert): heh well if there’s nothing basiclal yit risks a critical failure. since pretty much there’s a big penalty for range.

Tristan (Stan): (I push on it to see if it pops open)

Loryc (aka Robert): where ti’d end up pulling a lever that’s way farther than I anticapted.

Loryc (aka Robert): either that or can I just use my search skill to try a bunch of stuff tryingto find a secret door? heh.

Garrion: or just roll search +2 on the frame….

Loryc (aka Robert): heh okay. I’ll do that then

Loryc (aka Robert): A Search check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Search and gets 8 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of 2)

Loryc (aka Robert) SUCCEEDS by 8

Loryc (aka Robert): wasn’t sure how GURPS worked in that regard

Loryc (aka Robert): if I could just do a search check on it

Garrion: you run your fingers along the under rim of the frame.. you feel a little catch.. pop

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Loryc (aka Robert): Alright.. invisiblity time.

Garrion: the door releases

Loryc (aka Robert): dropping invis, opening it and going in, thenshutting it behind me. going to wait for a good time to do that

Loryc (aka Robert): ←rolls Spell (SL 21) and gets 11 vs. Skill (21 with a modifier of -6)

Loryc (aka Robert) SUCCEEDS by 4

Loryc (aka Robert): receives -2 fatigue, and now has 7 FP.

Garrion: ok, this is a small nook..

Loryc (aka Robert): see secrets is still up.

Loryc (aka Robert): Anything of interest?

Loryc (aka Robert): This is gonna suck if ther’s nothing here. lol.

Garrion: A single chest sits around the corner

Loryc (aka Robert): Ah nice.

Loryc (aka Robert): See secrets detecting any traps, that apparently detcts traps too.

Loryc (aka Robert): I’ll see if ther’s any traps with that, then approach it.

Garrion: you see nothing with your spell

Loryc (aka Robert): Gonna cast detect magic on it first… make sure nothing enchanted either.

Loryc (aka Robert): ←rolls Spell (SL 21) and gets 16 vs. Skill (21 with a modifier of -6)

Loryc (aka Robert) FAILS by 1

Loryc (aka Robert): ←rolls Spell (SL 21) and gets 12 vs. Skill (21 with a modifier of -6)

Loryc (aka Robert) SUCCEEDS by 3

Loryc (aka Robert): hadn to try that one twice

Loryc (aka Robert): no cost since it wasn’t a crit fail, and I cast for free,.

Garrion: it is locked though

Loryc (aka Robert): Alright time to see if this holds up to the master of unlocking! I’ll get out my lockpicks

Garrion: this is a very good lock… -10

Loryc (aka Robert): Damn.

Loryc (aka Robert): Sachi do I get any kind of bonus for using lockpicks?

Loryc (aka Robert): I remember Sachi mentioned that befrore

Garrion: lockpicksa re standard gear

Garrion: only get bonus if a master set or such

Loryc (aka Robert): I remember she said she got a modifier from em, dunno if she had special one or that was the default.

Melty: Yeah, I might have high quality ones

Melty: Hm, not on my pixie

Melty: I might have on Satomi

Loryc (aka Robert): Ah okay.

Melty: It might have been with that particular spell I was using

Loryc (aka Robert): Yeah was just wondering if the default did anything heh, gonna need all the mods I can get.. well I got a luck roll..

Loryc (aka Robert): Ah okay.

Loryc (aka Robert): might just have been that spell

Loryc (aka Robert): Alright.. here goes…

Loryc (aka Robert): ←rolls Lockpicking (TL4) and gets 7 vs. Skill (18 with a modifier of -10)

Loryc (aka Robert) SUCCEEDS by 1

Melty: It lets you pick locks without tools and it gives you a generous bonus if you do have tools

Loryc (aka Robert): nice.

Loryc (aka Robert): did it.

Melty: oooo

Garrion: you work at the lock for a bit… ding, ding, ding… the dinner bell…. just after it rings the lock pops

Loryc (aka Robert): okay what’s in there?

Garrion: you have 5 minutes till the next course starts

Loryc (aka Robert): yeah, heh should be enough time to check out what’s in there. I mean if it’s a bunch of gold I ain’t gonna count each coin (I have spells for that)

Loryc (aka Robert): I’ll use my measurmenet spell if couning is required

Garrion: a shit load of small velvet pouches

Loryc (aka Robert): Okay, I’ll start opening some of them.

Loryc (aka Robert): Actually first.. I’ll summon a servant that looks like Zindal

Loryc (aka Robert): to help me search

Garrion: 5.866666666666666666666666666666667

Loryc (aka Robert): ←rolls Spell (SL 21) and gets 5 vs. Skill (21 with a modifier of -6)

Loryc (aka Robert) CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 10

Urso: ( gems?)

Loryc (aka Robert): That was to summon Zindal.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol wut

Loryc (aka Robert): takes 3 sceonds to summon my Zindal servant

Garrion: 0.1704545454545454545454545454545455

Loryc (aka Robert): unlike the real Zindal the servant isn’t greedy btw

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Garrion: 42

Garrion: 81

Garrion: 72

Garrion: ok the first 3 bags you open contain 50 gold coins each

Tristan (Stan): “nice”

Loryc (aka Robert): Hmm… alright we’ll keep opening not gonna bother to count the money yet.

Loryc (aka Robert): I’m looking more for gems and stuff

Garrion: ((fyi that is $5k per bag

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Nice

Loryc (aka Robert): Yeah but Loryc is more of a high profile theft kind of guy. hehe.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The payroll for the town guard is a pretty high profile theft, lol

Loryc (aka Robert): I mena he’ll stela gold, buit he wants to steal a rare gemstone or your prized scepter or something

Garrion: 103

Loryc (aka Robert): So I mean I’ll take a bit to check to see if we can find anything with Zindal’s help should b able to check bags relatively quickly

Tristan (Stan): “what were those other things those other thieves were leaving behind? we should leave some of them to cause them some problems”

Garrion: you would roughly guess that there are over 70 bags in this chest from your glance

Garrion: ok, you open 5 more….

Garrion: 98

Garrion: 49

Garrion: 49

Garrion: 78

Garrion: 34

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “A calling card? Why? All that does is leave evidence that someone stole your stuff.”

Loryc (aka Robert): Well I’ll try to go through em fairly quickly. I mean I’ll stop if I find something intersting.. but if we got 5 minutes shouldnt’t ake too long to just open a bag and put it aside

Garrion: all contain gold

Loryc (aka Robert): I’m not like searching each bag for traps indiviualy. and I got two people

Tristan (Stan): “yeah, but I want to leave someone elses calling card”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Ah, I see…”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) shrugs

Garrion: 5 more….

Garrion: 35

Garrion: 21

Garrion: 79

Garrion: 13

Garrion: 69

Urso: (back in 5 )

Garrion: finally you find 1 that hase something other than gold…. 4 have gold and 1 has gems

Loryc (aka Robert): gems there we go.

Loryc (aka Robert): Alrigtht I’ll swipe the gems for now. I figure the mayor will be late to the dinner since Mina is keeping him busy. Like basicalyl I told her to keep him as busy as possible heh.

Garrion: well it is his party so even she may not be able to do that

Loryc (aka Robert): And I kinda doubt he’s gonna care that much about entertaining his guests when he has some ridiculously hot chick having sex with him and giving himn massages and stuff.

Tristan (Stan): i wouln’t

Garrion: on fact roll hearing -2

Loryc (aka Robert): A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 11 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 2)

Loryc (aka Robert) SUCCEEDS by 6

Loryc (aka Robert): have a +2 since my +4 mod.

Garrion: you hear footsteps outside the hidden room and a door open and close.. you hear the mayor thank “mina”

Loryc (aka Robert): Well I’ll check a few more bags… hopefully still got a few mins to check and get back out

Garrion: “You’ll love this course.”

Garrion: ok, check 10 more….

Garrion: 10

Garrion: 76

Garrion: 24

Garrion: 47

Garrion: 75

Garrion: 91

Garrion: 74

Garrion: 62

Garrion: 42

Garrion: 47

Garrion: you find one more with gems

Loryc (aka Robert): Alright I’ll swipe the two with gems.. and put em into my pouch.

Tristan (Stan): can’t you make perm. illusions and stuff these bags with fake coins?

Loryc (aka Robert): I could but why would I want to do that?

Loryc (aka Robert): I meanI doubt he’s gonna check his treasury in the middle of the party.

Tristan (Stan): so i’m no longer broke =)

Loryc (aka Robert): well if we can I’ll get Urso to carry out the wohle chest

Loryc (aka Robert): once you guys get ou of there.

Tristan (Stan): hard to sneak out with a huge chest though

Loryc (aka Robert): Well we may not be sneaking out.

Loryc (aka Robert): I mean depending on how things go.

Loryc (aka Robert): Alright i’ll aslso load up some gold that I can take.

Loryc (aka Robert): I assume my costume is like a big robe so should be able to fit some stuff in a belt pouch

Tristan (Stan): “can you teleport, I heard wizards could do that”

Garrion: ok, the gold is going to clink quite a bit

Garrion: you are not there tristan

Tristan (Stan): oh, sorry. i’m done with the website now so you have my full attention

Garrion: you are in the real but worthless vault, haha

Tristan (Stan): boo

Loryc (aka Robert): lol.

Garrion: tyhe gems bags pretty easy to carry and conceal.. the gold is going to be quite harder

Loryc (aka Robert): Yeah I’m not taking all the bags.

Garrion: if you trying to tuck away roll holdout -1 per bag

Loryc (aka Robert): well I’l ljust use an illusion on it to disguise it.

Loryc (aka Robert): basically so it won’t look like a giant bag.

Garrion: they are not giant bags.. just small hand sized pouches

Loryc (aka Robert): And I assume my costume is a mage’s robe, so should be able to conceal pretty well.

Garrion: but they still heavy and clank

Loryc (aka Robert): I’ll jus tput em in my regular belt pouch.

Loryc (aka Robert): I can always say we got a good haul from the play.

Garrion: ok, belt pouch will only hold 1

Loryc (aka Robert): so 50 gold?

Garrion: yep

Loryc (aka Robert): AlrightI’ll take the gems and 50 gp for now. dunno if I can hold out more yet.. but we know where to go and what to open it with.

Loryc (aka Robert): Then I’m gonna drop an initiative spell on Zindal and gonna give him my acting ability and some IQ. lemme see how mcuh

Garrion: ok dismissing Zindal?

Urso: (back)

Garrion: or keeping him with you

Loryc (aka Robert): Well if the real ones didn’t get out of the vault yet…

Loryc (aka Robert): yeah heh, I gotta cover for em.

Loryc (aka Robert): and hopefulyl the real ones will have good sense not to crash the meal and reveal the fraud.

Garrion: ok, and the spell fully reproduces him?

Loryc (aka Robert): So I’ll give Zindal intiative so he’s senteitn..

Loryc (aka Robert): well not exactly. It basically makes him a really good actor, and it looks exaclty like him

Loryc (aka Robert): it doesn’t know all that he knows. but it can fake it

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (So it should be fine so long as nobody challenges him to a duel)

Garrion: ok, any of the others or they still awol?

Loryc (aka Robert): yeah one sec

Loryc (aka Robert): I’m seeing how much I can create…

Loryc (aka Robert): thiese things do take some FP heh. one sec

Garrion: unless you have reduced fatitgue… see thart is wher e it can get out of hand

Loryc (aka Robert): Alright 1 skill and like 15 IQ would cost 5 points (reduced to 3)

Loryc (aka Robert): ←rolls Spell (SL 21) and gets 6 vs. Skill (21 with a modifier of -7)

Loryc (aka Robert) SUCCEEDS by 8

Loryc (aka Robert): So that Zindal would have 16 Acting skill modiifer

Loryc (aka Robert): so he’s prett ygood at faking Zindal

Loryc (aka Robert): especialyl for people that never met him much

Loryc (aka Robert): receives -3 fatigue, and now has 4 FP.

Loryc (aka Robert): Al;right using my power stone I can afford one more servant..

Garrion: so that one made tristan or urso?

Loryc (aka Robert): Oh wait actually I did that wrong servants statr tihw base 9 IQ, so to make it 15 would cost me only 1 poiont (3 -2 )

Loryc (aka Robert): regains 2 fatigue, and now has 6 FP.

Loryc (aka Robert): Alright so way cheaper than I thought.

Loryc (aka Robert): Alright.. I’ll make an Urso and Tristan as well.. cost me 2 points for each

Loryc (aka Robert): 1 for the srevant and 1 for the initiative

Urso: ( won’t need much to impersonate Urso, just make sure he eats alot and stays quiet )

Loryc (aka Robert): I’ll drop see secrets btw.

Garrion: ok, and the casting roll for the last

Loryc (aka Robert): ←rolls Spell (SL 21) and gets 8 vs. Skill (21 with a modifier of -5)

Loryc (aka Robert) SUCCEEDS by 8

Loryc (aka Robert): ←rolls Spell (SL 21) and gets 14 vs. Skill (21 with a modifier of -6)

Loryc (aka Robert) SUCCEEDS by 1

Loryc (aka Robert): ←rolls Spell (SL 21) and gets 9 vs. Skill (21 with a modifier of -6)

Loryc (aka Robert) SUCCEEDS by 6

Loryc (aka Robert): ←rolls Spell (SL 21) and gets 10 vs. Skill (21 with a modifier of -7)

Loryc (aka Robert) SUCCEEDS by 4

Loryc (aka Robert): That’s for the two servants and the two init spells

Urso: ( really, just have to make em pass out from the drink/food and we should be good for a while )

Garrion: ok

Loryc (aka Robert): 1 FP for each so 4 FP total

Loryc (aka Robert): receives -3 fatigue, and now has 3 FP: at half move.

Loryc (aka Robert): regains 1 fatigue, and now has 4 FP.

Loryc (aka Robert): Spoending 2 real fatigue

Loryc (aka Robert): and2 from powerstone

Garrion: ok

Loryc (aka Robert): I’ll have each of them take a bag of gold too, cause why not. heh.

Garrion: the entourage walks out into the hall and sits for the final course….

Loryc (aka Robert): It’ll just be in thier belt pouches.

Garrion: out comes…..

Loryc (aka Robert): So it won’t look conspicuous

Loryc (aka Robert): then I’ll wait for a good time to leave with hearing so we won’t get notice dand go out. btw not relocking the chest, but shutting the secret door

Loryc (aka Robert): I will shut but not lock the chest if that’s possible

Loryc (aka Robert): Otherwise I’ll elave it open

Loryc (aka Robert): then go back to the dining hall

Garrion: ok, so you take 3 mnore bags of gold…. 4 gold bags and 2 gem bags?

Loryc (aka Robert): I should have the entire group, I think.

Loryc (aka Robert): yeah 2 gem backs and 1 gold bag for each person. So lets see.. Me, Zindal, Tristan, Urso.

Loryc (aka Robert): So 4 gold yeah.

Loryc (aka Robert): and I’ve got 1 gold and 2 gem bags gonna stow em. I’ll put the gem bags down my pants if I hgave to.

Loryc (aka Robert): And the servants will just have me in thier belt pouches

Loryc (aka Robert): so it won’t be that obvious.

Garrion: ok, will tally the loot on site after…..

Garrion: the meal is served….

Loryc (aka Robert): well put em in my pcokets actually robably easier than crotch stuffing heh.

Loryc (aka Robert): I assume my pants got some pcokets i can put em in.

Loryc (aka Robert): Then we’ll sit down to eat.

Garrion: This last “course” consists of exotic tobaccos and potent liquors that deliver the coup de grace, rendering many guests insensible and resulting in what can only be called an orgy

Tristan (Stan): brb

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Damn, I’m missing all the action

Garrion: meanwhile… back in the knot….

Garrion: time passes for the explorers

Garrion: zindal give me a will roll

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh, sorry

Tristan (Stan): back

Zindal (aka Ladzin): ←rolls Will and gets 14 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) FAILS by 2

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Hmm, well that’s probably bad

Melty: ; ;

Tristan (Stan): lol

Tristan (Stan): probably

Garrion: in these back halls behind the cells there is a smokey glass running the length of the wall at eye level

Melty: “Hmmm.”

Urso: ( we check out all the cells?)

  • Melty hovers above or below it.

Melty: (when she’s not resting!)

Garrion: yes, you peeked in each one through the barred window…

Garrion: ignoring the smokey line of glass set in the wall or checkign it out?

Urso: " were we go now?"

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) shrugs

Garrion: you find a door or the two exits into the pits

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “We’re going wherever the treasure is… Assuming there is any.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “That damned wizard better not have taken the easy job for himself…”

Tristan (Stan): “who knows what he’s up to”

Loryc (aka Robert): hey man finding that secet latch on the painting was hard.

Loryc (aka Robert): I don’t even know what the painting was of!

Tristan (Stan): (killing a demon is hard, playing with a painting…)

Urso: " Melty check doors?"

Garrion: it looked like his balls…..

Garrion: that is a party…. get your mind out of the gutter

Loryc (aka Robert): (Well in all fairness you guys did let the demon out of prison…)

Tristan (Stan): (true)

Loryc (aka Robert): (lol… my mind was totally in the gutter for that one)

Loryc (aka Robert): (I actually forgot about the other menaing for party until I thought about it)

Garrion: i have big balls, you have big balls… but who has the biggest balls of them all?

Tristan (Stan): urso

Garrion: lol, song just came to mind

Garrion: anyway… smokey glass.. or door?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Haha

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I’m totally not staring into the soul stealing weird colored glass if that’s what you’re asking

  • Urso pokes the glass with his axe, " what this?"

Tristan (Stan): lol

Garrion: it clanks

Tristan (Stan): (I step back)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol… Does glass clank normally?

Urso: ( like glass or something else?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Figured that was more of a “ting”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Or a “clink”

Garrion: well when you tap metal axe on it it does

Urso: " glass "

Urso: ( so door south of Urso?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Might as well, unless the glass is worth money and we can take it with us

Loryc (aka Robert): lol.

Loryc (aka Robert): That’d be aweosme if your haul out of the vault was a bunch of glass.

Urso: " Melty check door?"

Garrion: melty roll control roll

Garrion: curiosity

Tristan is disconnected.

Tristan has connected.

Melty: Oh sorry!

Tristan: glass is like a pixie bug light

Melty: Was temp afk ^^;

Garrion: ZAAAPPPP

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Melty: Melty rolls 3d6 and gets 9 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 3

Tristan: (i guess that’s what the glass is for…)

Garrion: Melty resists the urge to instpect eh glass further

  • Melty snaps awake, sitting up from Zindal’s shoulder.

Garrion: unless you choose to do it anyway

Garrion: now the door… melty is summoned

Melty: “Buh?! Whuh?! Humans! Fiend-friends! Everywhere! Don’t fuckin’ move or I’m taking all you fuckers down with me!”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) gives Melty a poke to the small of her back

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “No, just a door.”

Tristan: (looks at the pixie)

Melty: “Ow! Ass!”

Tristan: “hmm”

Melty: “Oh… H-huh… You guys are… Aw, ffff…”

Garrion: lol… just picture tinkerbell on a tirade

  • Urso points to the door in front of him, " door"

Tristan: “I think our large friend wants to move on, I don’t blame him”

Melty: "I mean, yeah, those fucking devil-worshippers… I’m a… Totally have their asses… After I check out this door.

  • Urso backs up some to give her room to work.

Garrion: the door is not locked

Melty: ←rolls Traps/TL4 and gets 15 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of 0)

Melty FAILS by 1

Melty: Oops

Garrion: andf not trapped

Tristan: lucky lucky

Garrion: Urso enters….

  • Urso steps in.

Garrion: the hall beyond turns….

Garrion: and a door lies at the end

Urso: " more door"

Tristan: “it’s a big place huh?”

Melty: “What the fuck is wrong with you people?”

Melty: ←rolls Traps/TL4 and gets 4 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of 0)

Melty CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 10

Melty: “Why all these… These endless partitions?”

  • Urso shrugs, " Urso no build"

Garrion: no traps.. unlocked

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “You don’t have doors where you come from?”

  • Urso opens it and looks in.

Garrion: may want to catch up….

Tristan: "or endless looping no gravity hallways?’

Melty: "You need, like… One door, maximum, to keep the weather out… And like one door maximum to keep your valuable shit in. I mean, back at home we didn’t have shit we needed to keep locked up.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I can’t see my mini

Garrion: The domed ceiling above this large chamber sags, with long mildewy strips of wood paneling hanging down from above like drooping branches. A large pool of churning muddy water fills much of the room, flowing down a trough further into the room between a pair of slippery stairs to gather in a smaller pool beyond. Dozens of bones lie scattered along the five-footwide ledge that surrounds the pool.

Tristan: i can’t see mine iether, I got booted

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The hallway isn’t revealed

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I can’t see anything past the turn

Urso: " muddy pool, bones"

Zindal (aka Ladzin): There, that’s better

  • Urso steps in and goes right.

Melty: “Like, what was I gonna do with someone else’s butterbeer and flower stems? They’re the fuckin’ same as my butterbeer and flower stems.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Damn, I keep losing sight of my mini

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I think it’s the light settings

Tristan: here is a random question, how ca you scroll the map left and right? i always zoom out and back in to center the area I want to

Garrion: yep

Garrion: cause none of you have sight

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Hold down right click

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And drag

Melty: “And gold coins and stuff ain’t shit in pixie towns. I mean, it’s real pretty, but you humans are fuckin’ weird about how much you value that shit.”

Tristan: 2 years later….I shouldl have asked that a long time ago. thanks!

Urso: (the bones human-ish?)

Tristan (Stan): drawing bow

Garrion: various.. but yes some look humanish

Melty: “Like dude, that necklace that lady upstairs had, with all the multicolored jewels? I had something just like that on my canopy and a magpie stole it and I didn’t even give a fuck.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “So what does a pixie use for currency then?”

Urso: " some monster in pool? hungry ?"

Melty: “We find that shit in magpie nests all the time.”

Tristan (Stan): “want to find out?” (nuddging toward my bow

Tristan (Stan): “i could prod the water”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) keeps his sword out and ready as he catches sight of the bones

Creature:

Tristan (Stan): i see the word "creature’ in our chat window….

Garrion: haha, too bad none of you have danger sense

  • Urso moves more off to the right, keeping his shield between him and the water.

Tristan (Stan): did you ever take weapon master urso

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah he did

Melty: “Well, when we gotta trade with other people we use the usual shit, so we’ll usually have a bunch of it lying around, or like some enchanted shit to barter. Between us, it’s… Yeah, I mean it’s pretty much barter. I mean it’s like, I got some delicious acorns, and maybe my friend’s got some dryad porn, and our needs at the time happen to align such that it’s worthwhile to both of us to make an exchange.”

Tristan (Stan): time for some great damage!

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Interesting…”

Melty: (btw I know nothing about pixies in Golarion so if any of this is inaccurate it’s because Melty is just talking out of her ass)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Urso: (yup, just did )

Loryc (aka Robert): hehe.

Urso: (this werhe you need a few grenades and toss into the pool )

Garrion: ok, was missing what i needed here.. so had to create

Garrion: some rats

Garrion: just little house mice

Garrion: you have the scene before you… you ready yourselves

Tristan (Stan): (any ledges or anything here to climb up?)

Garrion: and no you can not “wait” to swing at X.. you do not know X is coming and have to go on normal init

Tristan (Stan): (and zindal and urso, you guys are bad ass for going toe to toe with the unknown out there)

  • Tristan (Stan) prepares to fight! Initiative: 16

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol, Zindal is overconfident by nature

  • Urso prepares to fight! Initiative: 14.5

Tristan (Stan): (does combat reflex automatically add to initiivte?)

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) prepares to fight! Initiative: 15
  • Melty prepares to fight! Initiative: 13

Garrion: no

Tristan (Stan): (I could see zindal thinking "I hope the tentacle moster has a sword)

Tristan (Stan): i’m picturing the hobbit scene

Garrion: you have to bump it manually by 1

Urso: (oh do you? heh, I didn’t nkow that )

Tristan (Stan): ok, will bump it. I have 17 then.

Tristan (Stan): where do you bump it on the sheet (or you just say it when you add to init?)

Tristan (Stan): (drew a bodkin by the way)

Cedric is disconnected.

Cedric is disconnected.

Garrion: r-click your mini in the init tree and "set Initiative

Cedric has connected.

Garrion: do you have that or it a GM only thing?

Tristan (Stan): i just did it. right click

Garrion: ok, move out into the unknown but creepy area

Urso: " spread out or keep together?"

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) shrugs

Zindal (aka Ladzin): A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 6 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 5

Urso: (did you want percepts?)

Garrion: Zindal peers out into the dim lit area… seeing nothing

Garrion: but that already described

Garrion: Melty sits omn his shoulder

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Can’t just stand here all day.”

Urso: " we go down both sides, or one side?)

Urso: "

Tristan (Stan): “I can wake it up”

Tristan (Stan): “or them up….”

Garrion: wouldn’t it just be fitting if nothign is here and you just freaked out by me typing “Creature:”

Melty: :3

Tristan (Stan): “hold tight, arrows a flyin”

  • Urso readies.

Tristan (Stan): (put up my bodkin and rapid fire off like 3 arrow into the watter)

Garrion: ok point where

Tristan (Stan):
←Attacks Zindal (aka Ladzin) with a Standard Arrow
in the Groin
←Rolls 9 vs. Skill 20 (20 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 11

0 for Groin, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Garrion: mouse over map and press space bar

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Hey now

Tristan (Stan):
←Attacks Zindal (aka Ladzin) with a Standard Arrow
in the Torso
←Rolls 6 vs. Skill 20 (20 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 14

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan (Stan):
←Attacks Zindal (aka Ladzin) with a Standard Arrow
in the Torso
←Rolls 13 vs. Skill 20 (20 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 7

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Garrion: didn;t see the arrow.. pop it up for a few secinds

Tristan (Stan): sorry zen, I have to select a target

Garrion: still seeing nothing

Tristan (Stan): i’ll drop one in every square until something moves

Garrion: how about put token on first shot

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Hold down the spacebar after you left click

Tristan (Stan):
←Attacks Zindal (aka Ladzin) with a Standard Arrow
in the Left Leg
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 23 (20 with a modifier of 3)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 11

0 for Left Leg, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, 3 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Then you just drag the mouse

Tristan (Stan):
←Attacks Zindal (aka Ladzin) with a Standard Arrow
in the Left Arm
←Rolls 10 vs. Skill 25 (20 with a modifier of 5)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 15

0 for Left Arm, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, 0 miscMod, 5 accMod

Tristan (Stan):
←Attacks Zindal (aka Ladzin) with a Standard Arrow
in the Left Arm
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 25 (20 with a modifier of 5)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 13

0 for Left Arm, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, 0 miscMod, 5 accMod

Tristan (Stan):
←Attacks Zindal (aka Ladzin) with a Standard Arrow
in the Torso
←Rolls 4 vs. Skill 25 (20 with a modifier of 5)

Tristan (Stan) CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 21

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, 0 miscMod, 5 accMod

Tristan (Stan): geez… all these crits

Garrion: ok, Tristan fires intot he murky muck… nothing happens

Tristan (Stan): would be great if it just bellied up

Garrion: 5 arrows gone

Tristan (Stan): (using normal infinate arrows)

Tristan (Stan): “well urso, want to play chicken?”

Garrion: oh not bodkins?

Urso: (heh, just shoot one in each square )

Tristan (Stan): (nah, this is just proding the water, you can see I said “I put my bodkin up” higher in the thread)

Tristan (Stan): any rocks around?

Garrion: no

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Are we done yet?”

Tristan (Stan): “well fuck guys, these arrows are no pushing too deep. Melty, can you fly up and see if you can see anything from above?”

Garrion: ok, with unlimited ammo.. you unload till you are tired in the murky water.. burn a FP

Urso: " zindal, you follow Urso.. or Urso follow you down side?"

Tristan (Stan): ok, how much fp?

Tristan (Stan): oh, 1

Tristan (Stan): got ya

Tristan (Stan): regains 1 fatigue, and now has 12 FP.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Just move to the other end of the room.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “You’re carrying the light so I go wherever you go.”

Tristan (Stan): “ok, i’ll cover you” (drawing a bodkin)

Melty: “You got it, man.”

Garrion: you pass through the room with nothing happening….

Tristan (Stan): “it could just be a really dirty swimming pool”

  • Urso moves down the side, keeping as close to the wall as he can. Sheild toward the water, watching.

Urso: " small pool here"

Melty: “Y’all scared?”

Urso: " door"

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Bored is more like it. I thought there was supposed to be treasure in here?”

  • Creature prepares to fight! Initiative: 15.5

Tristan (Stan): “not scared, but not stupid either”

Tristan (Stan): i’m pretty sure we would be keeping an eye on that pool behind us… and glancing around

  • Urso continues toward the door.

Urso: " Melty, come check door"

  • Urso steps back some and keeps watch on the water.

Garrion: Melty flutters off Zindal’s shoulder…..

Garrion: the door is unlocked

Garrion: Urso is a wimp, lol

Tristan (Stan): urso is smart

Garrion: the first door he decides to do on own will be trapped though, lol

Urso: (heh, Urso leaves doors to the sneaky folks.. he might be a muscle head, but he not stupid )

  • Urso opens the door once Melty gives the all clear.

Garrion: ok, not trapped

Garrion: door opens

Garrion: snail pace

Garrion: beyond the door is….

Garrion: The walls of this twisting circular tunnel are of smooth polished gray stone, shimmering with moisture and sloping downward at a sharp angle.

Urso: (how sharp?)

Melty: ←rolls Traps/TL4 and gets 11 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 3

Garrion: Urso.. as you step out on the polished stone.. make ACro check -2

Urso: (dont have acro)

Garrion: then default

Garrion: DX-4-2

Tristan (Stan): “rope?”

Urso: ←rolls DX and gets 15 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of -6)

Urso FAILS by 9

Tristan (Stan): i meant to put a point in that… oh well

Garrion: Urso slips on the stone and falls to his ass… also sliding swiftly down the tunnel with a scream.. or maybe that was a “WEEE”……

Tristan (Stan): “this would be a nice time to have wings….”

Melty: “Damn, sucks you guys can’t fly.”

Garrion: leaving the rest of you immediately in the dark

Urso: (anyway I can slam an axe or shield somepalce to stop me?)

Melty: “Hope that dude’s okay…”

Tristan (Stan): “Urso is one tough sone of a bitch, he had a gator bite him right in the dick and even with half a dick he’s twice the man of normal men”

Tristan (Stan): (thinking the pixie will get a kick out of that"

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “We might want to go after him, unless you have some way of generating more light for us.”

Tristan (Stan): “well shit, it’s dark… can you cast a light spell short stack?”

Garrion: Urso you slide quickly down the polished slope….. and get deposited in another room… taking 5 crushing daamge no DR fronm the tumble

Urso: is reduced 5 HP, and now has 23 HP.

Garrion: now…. in the darkness you hear the water splash behind you

Melty: “I could cast another spell, but I’m getting pretty tired… I should probably take a rest in someone’s pouch or like… Their pouch, if you know what I mean…”

  • Urso grunts as he finally stops.

Tristan (Stan): “well fuck me”

  • Melty grins at Mina in the dark, forgetting she’s the only one with dark vision.

Tristan (Stan): “how about you cast a light before a creepy monster eats us?”

Garrion: you hear some snarking and gnashing in the dark…..

Garrion: and something takes a few swipes at you

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) turns in the direction of the noises…

Tristan (Stan): I’ll shoot an arrow into the dark (bodkin) to try to discourage whatever it is

Tristan (Stan): what kind of -?

Melty: “Aw shit, no time to fuck around… DARKNESS-BANISHING GLIMMER OF LOVE!”

Tristan (Stan) has received initiative.

Urso has received initiative.

Melty: (What’s a good implement to cast a light spell on?)

Tristan (Stan): can’t bring up my charater sheet, is my token selected?

Tristan (Stan): zindals sword

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, can’t tell without light

Zindal (aka Ladzin): It won’t let you select anything

Melty: I have Dark Vision

Garrion: now only melty can see… Melty you see two thin emaciated looking humanoids exit from the water

Melty: Cause of T

Melty: That good with you Zindal?

Creature 3: picks up a trusty Claw.

Creature 3: readies a trusty Claw.

Creature 3: picks up a trusty Teeth.

Creature 3: readies a trusty Teeth.

Tristan (Stan): can’t pull up my chararcter sheet with the button or shortcut

Melty: Like, I don’t wanna light up your sword if you think it’ll fuck you over

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, nah should be fine… Don’t see why that would really affect me

Tristan (Stan): light yourself up, you can fly

Zindal (aka Ladzin): As long as the light isn’t like blindingly bright

Urso: (just do your shoes or something)

Melty: Yeah but I can see in the dark, so I want to give the light source to someone who can’t)

Creature 3:
←Attacks Tristan (Stan) with a Swipe
in the Torso
←Rolls 13 vs. Skill 15 (11 with a modifier of 4)

Creature 3 SUCCEEDS by 2

0 for Torso, 4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Creature 4: picks up a trusty Claw.

Creature 4: picks up a trusty Teeth.

Creature 4: readies a trusty Claw.

Creature 4: readies a trusty Teeth.

Tristan (Stan): (i could not shoot in the dark?)

Melty: I’m gonna cast that on my turn

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Apparently they’re getting a surprise round on us because we dicked around and didn’t get our light back right away

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Or something

Garrion: yep.. they attack right as the light goes out… it takes a couple seconds to react to urso’s plunge

Melty: I don’t actually know what’s happening in terms of the game atm

Garrion: you getting ambushed in the dark.. only melty can see the attackers

Garrion: but they do not know that she can see

Tristan (Stan): ok

Tristan (Stan): that sucks

Creature 4:
←Attacks Mina with a Bite
in the Right Leg
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 15 (11 with a modifier of 4)

Creature 4 SUCCEEDS by 3

0 for Right Leg, 4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Melty: I’m just saying evidently we’re being ambushed by pale dudes so I want to cast a light spell so my friends can see

Melty: When I have the opportunity, hehe

Zindal (aka Ladzin) has received initiative.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I get to act now?

Garrion: zindal is up while i roll damage effects

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Can I hear well enough to discern roughly where these things are?

Garrion: it is dark still zindal.. you just hear noises in the dark

Garrion: roll PER-5

Tristan (Stan): i got skipped?

Melty: (I can’t really alert you verbally since it’s not my turn)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I can’t select my mini

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Won’t let me roll

Garrion: ok, i will

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Wait never mind

Zindal (aka Ladzin): A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 12 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of -5)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) FAILS by 6

Tristan (Stan): yeah, I can’t pull up my CS either

Zindal (aka Ladzin): A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 8 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of -5)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) FAILS by 2

Tristan (Stan): n/m there it goes

Tristan (Stan): A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 11 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of -4)

Tristan (Stan) FAILS by 1

Garrion: ok, you fail to determine where they are

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Wait action

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Will attack whatever creatures they are once I have light

Garrion: tristan.. you can go too.. yes i skipped you to get to them in the order

Tristan (Stan): ok, i’m going to fast draw my sword (dropping an arrow and holding onto the bow)

Creature 3: The Claw inflicts 0 cut raw damage.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol wow

Garrion: the attack on tristan is a glancing blow

Tristan (Stan): so, I added fast draw now I don’t see it on my sheet

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls Fast-Draw (Knife) and gets 10 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 5

Tristan (Stan): drawing broad sword

Creature 4: The Teeth inflicts 2 cut raw damage.

Garrion: 2 cut on mina

Garrion: leg

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol pretty sure her DR soaks it

Garrion: yeah

Garrion: ok, Tristan draws bnlade.. but sees nothing yet

Garrion: a little blow to the chest but barely that

Tristan (Stan): (putting back agaist wall and holding action for something to touch me or to see what the hell is going on)

Tristan (Stan): i swing when I take the blow

Tristan (Stan): not sure what the minus is but guessing it’s in front of me

Garrion: attack at -10

Garrion: blind

Tristan (Stan): even if I know the general area and take a swipe? not fully blind. I know it’s not behind me (because there is a wall)

Garrion: yes, -10 because you know roughly where but can’t see to target

Garrion: if no clue you get no attack at all

Tristan (Stan): ok, i’ll hold then

Tristan (Stan): i would have a 5 if I took a -10

Tristan (Stan): not worth it

Garrion: ok

Garrion: wait then?

Melty has received initiative.

Garrion: melty…..

  • Melty casts Continual Light (day) on Zindal’s sword.

Melty: ←rolls Most Spells and gets 18 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Melty CRITICALLY FAILS by 2

Melty: ffffff

Tristan (Stan): lol fuck

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, damn

Melty: motherfucker

Melty: What happens now?

Garrion: that was your turn

Zindal (aka Ladzin): No Luck Advantage? lol

Melty: OH yeah

Melty: Oh\

Garrion: oh damn you failed

Garrion: i missed that

Melty: My luck is defensive

Melty: So I dunno if it applies to that

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Damn

Tristan (Stan): can i take an action now?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Her light spell didn’t go off, she crit failed the casting check

Garrion: ok, time to roll the spell fumble.. you also lose lots of FP i think

Urso: ( can you luck that or whatever?)

Melty: (Nope, my luck is Defensive so it doesn’t work on that)

Melty: (It’s a drawback that makes it cost less points)

Melty: (And yeah I lose the full cost and you get to roll on the table T_T )

Garrion: so spend full FP for the spell

Garrion: and i roll

Melty: Wasted 5 energy…

Garrion: 11

Garrion: Spell produces nothing but a loud noise, bright flash of light, awful odor, etc.

Melty: ; ;

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol, can I get a glimpse with the bright flash?

Urso: (bright flash might work )

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And attack off that?

Melty: I dunno if I get to pick…

Garrion: we’ll call it a loud pop……..

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh come on

Garrion: ok, i’ll roll to see which effect.. just so you don;t say i’m screwing ya

Urso: ( well can’t expect crit failure to benefit you by mistake )

Garrion: 2

Garrion: loud noise

Tristan (Stan): sometimes the dice roll that way

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, bright flash was the second thing you said

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And you rolled a 2

Garrion: i also rolled a d6 with 3 chopices

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh, heh, damn

Tristan (Stan): stupid dice

Melty: (Yeah lol, plus like, I don’t mind a crit failure being bad, cause it’s like what, 1/10 as likely as a fumble is in D&D?

Tristan (Stan): ok, can I take an action?

Tristan (Stan): i have an idea

Garrion: no they are up now

Tristan (Stan): ok, even though I had wait action?

  • Melty ’s ears are ringing…

Garrion: yes, your wait was to spot them

Tristan (Stan): ok

Creature 3:
←Attacks Tristan (Stan) with a Grapple
in the Left Arm
←Rolls 15 vs. Skill 15 (11 with a modifier of 4)

Creature 3 SUCCEEDS by 0

0 for Left Arm, 4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Garrion: Tristan.. whatever it is now has a hold of your left arm

Garrion: as it grabs you

Tristan (Stan): ok, that’s the arm holding my bow, i’ll swing my sword at it when I get the chance

Creature 4:
←Attacks Mina with a Grapple
in the Right Leg
←Rolls 7 vs. Skill 15 (11 with a modifier of 4)

Creature 4 SUCCEEDS by 8

0 for Right Leg, 4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Melty: (I used to know someone who pronounced Mario’s name like “mary-oh”. is that not like the fuckest thing you’ve ever heard of)

Garrion: Mina gets grabbed at the right leg

Melty: Kyaa!

Tristan (Stan) has received initiative.

Tristan (Stan): actually, i’m going to do something cool

Melty: “Kyaaaa, let me go!”

Melty: 9

Tristan (Stan): dropping my sword and fast drawing my fire arrow (last one)

Melty: Damn, he still grabbed me with my size mod

Garrion: tristan.. even though grabbed you still attack at -10 cause you do not know where he is standing and you also have shit in thwe way… please crit fail and slice your bow string, lol

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Thought he said he was grabbing Mina

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Not Melty

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls Fast-Draw (Arrow) and gets 16 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) FAILS by 1

Tristan (Stan): lol, rolling luck

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls Fast-Draw (Arrow) and gets 9 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 6

Garrion: he did grab mina

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls Fast-Draw (Arrow) and gets 7 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 8

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah so Melty isn’t grabbed

Tristan (Stan): luck is some awesome stuff

Garrion: but used up and gone

Tristan (Stan): can I attack with the arrow I just drew? like a dagger with minus?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (lol, should have just counter grabbed him and then yelled to me that you’re holding him down so I can stab him)

Garrion: well how did you grab it.. sword in hand?

Tristan (Stan): I can’t see anything so fire arrow was teh smart move.

Garrion: drop sword?

Tristan (Stan): yup, said dropped sword (less valuable than the bow)

Garrion: ok, you drop sword and draw fire arrow.. magic so it ignites on command

Tristan (Stan): so, arrow flames to life. can I attack with it?

Garrion: will give you candle light

Tristan (Stan): better than no light

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, yeah, good enough for me

Melty: Oh lol

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I take my Wait action now

Tristan (Stan): creature 3 is the one on my arm?

Garrion: a melee attack with an arrow is possible but deals completely different damage and attack value

Melty: I’m cooking a microwave dinner so I’ve been like afk a lot so I misread

Garrion: since it improvised

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh hey, ghouls

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Or maybe lacedons since they came out of the water

Tristan (Stan): sure, no problem. zindal can take his action i’m holding the arrow like a dagger waiting to strike.

Urso has received initiative.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And now that I can see the thing I attack the hell out of it

Tristan (Stan): (not sure if I need to go now or no, zindal can go first)

Garrion: Urso is prone down below…..

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I’m taking my Wait action G

Garrion: oh ok

  • Urso gets up slowly and carefully, looking around. ( I assume I heard the boom up top?)

Garrion: go ahead zindal

Garrion: yes

Garrion: it echoed down the tunnel

Zindal (aka Ladzin): No penalties to attack for lack of light now?

Garrion: yes there is.. candle light is very dim.. think it is like -5

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh, heh, damn

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Okay, I’ll just do Rapid Strike then and hit it twice with that

Sefiros has connected.

Zindal (aka Ladzin):
←Attacks Creature 3 with a Swing
in the torso
←Rolls 9 vs. Skill 15 (23 with a modifier of -8)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 6

0 for torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -8 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin):
←Attacks Creature 3 with a Swing
in the torso
←Rolls 5 vs. Skill 15 (23 with a modifier of -8)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 10

0 for torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -8 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Nice

Tristan (Stan): nice

Urso: (hey sef, getting attacked by some ghouls.. Urso went for a slide )

Sefiros: damn more crits from tab?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): It gets normal defense on the first one… Wonder if it has a penalty since it’s grabbing

Tristan (Stan): yup

Garrion: it gets no defense.. not expecting a sudden counterattack

Tristan (Stan): or if the light blinded it

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh sweet

Sefiros: send me that crit hack on yahoo tab

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The Longsword inflicts 14 cut raw damage.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The Longsword inflicts 12 cut raw damage.

Urso: (heh, think I have yet to score a crit attack with Urso.. ever )

Sefiros: me either

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I get anything extra from the Crit Success?

Sefiros: i havent even killed anything the whole game yet lol my gurps fu is weak

Garrion: 12 and 10 raw

Garrion: 18 and 15

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, think that’s 18 and 15 then

Tristan (Stan): dead ghoul

Creature 3: is reduced 18 HP, and now has -5 HP: at half move.

Creature 3: Major Wound Check

Creature 3: Creature 3 rolls 3d6 and gets 10 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Creature 3 SUCCEEDS by 3

Creature 3: is reduced 15 HP, and now has -20 HP: at half move.
Creature 3 breaches -13 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.

Sefiros: (Someone give me a quick rundown on what yall been up to this session?)

Creature 3: Death Check

Creature 3: Creature 3 rolls 3d6 and gets 7 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Creature 3 SUCCEEDS by 6

Creature 3: Major Wound Check

Creature 3: Creature 3 rolls 3d6 and gets 11 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Creature 3 SUCCEEDS by 2

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Explored through the tunnels some more, found a room with some water, Urso fell down a shaft and then we got attacked by ghouls once the light went out

Urso: ( walks by some pools, urso fell down a steep pasage… went dark, ghouls attacking them )

Urso: ( oh and Loryc found a shit load of gold )

Garrion: it is a resilient bastard.. and still fights with sword thrusts in the chest

Zindal (aka Ladzin): One of them is trying to munch on you but it hasn’t gotten past your armor

Sefiros: (Sorry i was so late, i had a bad case of insomnia, i planned to take a hour or two nap but it ended up longer than planned)

Tristan (Stan): i pulled a fire arrow for light

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh yeah Loryc found the mayor’s treasure chest in a secret room

Garrion: or cuts

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And he summoned a bunch of clones of us to help him loot it

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Tough bastards.”

Garrion: urso stands and shakes off

Zindal (aka Ladzin) has received initiative.

Sefiros: (guess Urso got the shaft for real this time)

Garrion: lol

Tristan (Stan): lol

Garrion: into the chute flyboy

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I get my regular actions now right?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Since I took a Wait action before?

Garrion: yep

Urso: ( so we basically down here for nothing.. unless he got better then gold someplace )

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Nice, gonna hack into this thing again

Garrion: turn order does not change like with d20

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) attempts to deliver the coup de grace to the creature with an attack to the neck

Garrion: you do not know…..

Zindal (aka Ladzin):
←Attacks Creature 3 with a Swing
in the neck
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 13 (23 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 2

-5 for neck, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -5 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The Longsword inflicts 14 cut raw damage.

Garrion: you were told by the lady that the crux is surely kept here.. but even she does not know exactly what the knot is.. just of its existence

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Says it’s x2 damage for slashing to the neck

Tristan (Stan): (dropping my arrow on the ground when I can so I can draw a knife)

Mina: (dont think I have min str to wield my sword or morningstar, not sure what a daggers min is, but i could toss some of those if nothing else)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): So should be 24 damage to it

Creature 3: is reduced 24 HP, and now has -44 HP: at half move.
Creature 3 breaches -26 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.
Creature 3 breaches -39 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.

Creature 3: Death Check

Creature 3: Creature 3 rolls 3d6 and gets 8 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of -1)

Creature 3 SUCCEEDS by 4

Creature 3: Death Check

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol geez

Creature 3: Creature 3 rolls 3d6 and gets 5 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of -3)

Creature 3 SUCCEEDS by 5

Zindal (aka Ladzin): What the hell man

Creature 3: Major Wound Check

Creature 3: Creature 3 rolls 3d6 and gets 10 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Creature 3 SUCCEEDS by 3

Tristan (Stan): being dead probably helps you vs death checks. just sayin

Urso: ( guess undead good at death checks )

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol apparently

Mina: (sachi here?)

Garrion: you slice through its neck, but apparently not enough as it stays attached and the creature fights on

Zindal (aka Ladzin): She was

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Tch…”

Melty has received initiative.

Mina: (was curious if melty electrocuted or did anything else spell wise to ’em)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): She tried to cast light but crit failed the casting check

Garrion: no, she crit faiiled

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Tristan had to bust out a fire arrow to give us light to fight by

Zindal (aka Ladzin): That was a good idea btw

Tristan (Stan): (ghouls are tough as hell in gurps)

Tristan (Stan): (thank you, last one too… need to get some more)

Loryc (aka Robert): heh can’t just stab em in the eye? it works on walking dead.

Tristan (Stan): maybe a brain shot would work

Garrion: Melty’s hair is a little frizzled and her ears ring…. but she back in the game

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol, yeah I wasn’t sure if that’d work since they’re undead and don’t have vitals

Zindal (aka Ladzin): If you go by typical D&D rules anyway

Zindal (aka Ladzin): But I can try that on the next one I suppose

Melty: “Hnnn…”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Also I’m at a penalty because I’m in dim light

Melty: (sorry, had to deal with food but I’m perma-back)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): -14 is still a little steep for me

Mina: (daryl dixon, aka tristan needs to finish him off)

Loryc (aka Robert): lol.

Mina: (and take out a tank while you’re at it)

Melty: “Hnnnggg…”

Garrion: his bow arm is grabbed

Tristan (Stan): (i’m holding a fire arrow… but two left. I don’t want to put it out by shooting one… not sure if that would put it out or burn for a bit…)

Tristan (Stan): daryle did put a couple walkers down by stabbing them with some bolts though….

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Kinda wondering if this thing is going to continue ignoring the guy who just forced it to make like four death checks in one round

  • Melty tries her spell again… Since her friends can’t see well enough to fight…

Urso: (stab it with the arrow, Legolas style )

Melty: (well, at least one of them)

Tristan (Stan): can I take my stab?

Melty: ←rolls Most Spells and gets 13 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 3

Garrion: if you want.. did you look up the rule?

Tristan (Stan): no, but I can.

Garrion: yes, do that for your turn

Melty: receives -1 fatigue, and now has 3 FP: at half move.

Garrion: stabbing with arrow

Garrion: ok, on Zindal… his sword glows like day

  • Melty is panting heavily… her wings are fluttering as fast as ever, but it looks like they’re having trouble keeping her tiny body in the air…

Tristan (Stan): can I pull the “heroic archer” card?

Tristan (Stan): and do it without minus?

Tristan (Stan): it’s a fantasty game after all

Melty has received initiative.

  • Mina prepares to fight! Initiative: 16

Garrion: Zindal.. no light enalty now as long as in bright range band

Melty: (I’m at 0 ER)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Excellent

Melty: “M-my energy’s spent at last…”

Melty: “And my armor is destroyed…”

Tristan (Stan): An arrow or bolt can be used to stab as a dagger, capped at 1d-4 imp damage, and has a 50% chance to break on a successful strike or parry

Tristan (Stan): gurps low tech

Melty: “I’ve used up all my weapons and I’m helpless and bereaved…”

Garrion: ok, good deal

Garrion: roll dagger skill and then just manual roll the damage

Garrion: on your turn

Tristan (Stan):
←Attacks Creature 3 with a Thrust
in the Left Arm
←Rolls 9 vs. Skill 17 (17 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 8

0 for Left Arm, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Mina: “We’ve still got our looks!” she says trying to put on a brave face

Garrion: they go now….

Tristan (Stan): roll3

Tristan (Stan): roll6

Mina: “Though if he keeps chewing on me, not for long.”

Tristan (Stan): the 1d6 is burning

Tristan (Stan): epic

Garrion: will handle that after they attack

Tristan (Stan): need hit location though

Garrion: the groul grabbing Tristan attempts to toss him into the mucky water….

Creature 3:
HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls ST and gets 8 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Creature 3 SUCCEEDS by 5

Tristan (Stan): 50% breakage 1-3 break 4-6 makes it

Tristan (Stan): roll5

Tristan (Stan): and the arrow makes it!

Garrion: ST roll Tristan.. opposed

Mina: (dont think my mind control power would work on these, theyre basically mindless id imagine)

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls ST and gets 13 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 0

Garrion: he got 5 mos over you

Garrion: Tristan takes a drink

Tristan (Stan): oh well, he’s got an arrow sticking in him somewhere. where did I get him?

Tristan (Stan): (dropping my bow on land)

Garrion: no, he tosses you before you get to go……

Garrion: you went out of turn

Tristan (Stan): he did not toss me before the arrow did he?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Apparently he did

Tristan (Stan): =(

Melty: (I would like wet myself if anyone got that reference >.>; )

Tristan (Stan): i was suppoed to attack the same time zindal did

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Hehe

Garrion: and then the creature dives into the water behind Tristan…..

Tristan (Stan): fuck

Mina: (i got a vial of acid i use to melt locks, i think im gonna give him a face full of it)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Well… That’s not good.”

Tristan (Stan): we are going to need another timmy….

Garrion: now you can attack him but you in the water and he diving in after you.. in his domain…..

Garrion: so all attacks are at -2

Tristan (Stan): hopefully the arrow is napalm

Garrion: lets see if still lands

Tristan (Stan): do I keep my roll?

Tristan (Stan): 8 mos

Tristan (Stan): so, 6

Garrion: yes, i’ll let you keep rolls

Tristan (Stan): cool

Garrion: where did you stab it?

Tristan (Stan): random roll please

Creature 3: The target is struck in the groin.

Tristan (Stan): that will show him

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol nice

Tristan (Stan): I give a good “fuck you you dead piece of shit”

Tristan (Stan): (arrow to used to be nuts)

Garrion: burning poker up the… well you get the picture

Mina: must have learnt that one from eltera

Tristan (Stan): i figured if i’m going to die it’s going to look cool

Taragnor: lol.

Garrion: recap the damage for me

Taragnor: yeah there’s a shitload of groin attacks in GURPS I’ve noticed.

Mina: i know, like i got like 3 or 4 straight gropes last battle

Taragnor: yeah lol

Tristan (Stan): 3 stabbing and 6 burning

Mina: i think this plane must be like the level of hell all the pervs are sent to or something

Taragnor: yeah lol.

Garrion: ok what stab.. pi or pi-?>

Taragnor: maybe it’s a prison for sexual deviants.

Tristan (Stan): zindal will be back one day… with Mina

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Wait, are you saying this is where I end up when I—damn it

Tristan (Stan): yup

Mina: melty too prolly

Mina: unless her panty raids send her to greed instead

Garrion: either way the stab does nothing….

Tristan (Stan): i’ll be lonely without you guys

Garrion: the burning though.. that gets him good

Tristan (Stan): well crap

Tristan (Stan): fire crotch!

Creature 3: is reduced 6 HP, and now has -50 HP: at half move.

Tristan (Stan) has received initiative.

Mina has received initiative.

Garrion: and Loryc didn;t want to come here for all this fun.. look what he missing

Tristan (Stan): yup, he’s fighting treasure sacks

Garrion: oh i forgot the attack on mina

Garrion: the grappler on mina tries to take her down

Garrion: by knocking her leg out from under her

Creature 4:
HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls ST and gets 14 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Creature 4 FAILS by 1

Tristan (Stan): (by the way, did the ghoul let go whe it got the fire poke?)

Mina: i need to roll anything?

Garrion: no it failed

Garrion: you are still grappled mina on the leg, but not taken down

Garrion: it let go when it tossed you in the water tristan

Tristan (Stan): cool

Garrion: then jumped in on top of you and got the poker up the ass

Tristan (Stan): not that I like being in the water

Tristan (Stan): lol

Tristan (Stan): note: need more fire arrows.

  • Mina struggles, trying to shake the creature off her leg as she fumbles for dagger.

Garrion: good thing ther water is fairly shallow here.. you can stand thigh deep here

Mina: ←rolls Fast Draw (Knife) and gets 9 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Mina SUCCEEDS by 4

Mina: can you fast draw more than one for each hand?

Garrion: yes

Mina: rapid strike work with thrown weapons?

Mina: ie fast draw two daggers and rapid strike to toss both

Garrion: there is a ranges equiv

Mina: ←rolls Fast Draw (Knife) and gets 9 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Mina SUCCEEDS by 4

Garrion: toss bboth… why not just stab

Garrion: he is on you

Mina: thrown skill is higher

Tristan (Stan): lol, that does not make any sense…

Mina: by a signifcant amount

Tristan (Stan): like pracically I mean…

Mina: well just saying

Tristan (Stan): I get the math but realistic… that is not

Garrion: very true

Tristan (Stan): but, neither is ghouls eating you…

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, well how good is a professional knife thrower at just shanking people? Don’t know that they practice hand held use that much

Garrion: i don;t think a throw quite works here

Mina: but i mean so long as you got enough room to extend your arm, it dont matter

Mina: infact thatd hit with more force than if it was further away anyways

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah it would

Mina: ie thrown at point blank

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Less friction and loss of forward moment from gravity

Zindal (aka Ladzin): momentum*

Garrion: but less range of movment.. you can’t get a full range of motion

Garrion: anyway.. just roll the attack

Mina: i thought it was hunched over on my leg

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I don’t recall anything about minimum ranges, but then I didn’t read that section very closely

Taragnor: why not just step back and throw?

Mina: its got me by the leg

Mina: wasnt sure if i could

Taragnor: o

Garrion: because she is grappled

Garrion: you are an undead hunter.. you would know that cuts are much more effective than stabs

Garrion: even if skill is less

Mina: well dagger does thrust it says on my sheet

Mina: not cutting

Mina: even melee

Mina: or well melee is thrust

Garrion: oh so you have that kind if dagger

Mina: and thrown is impaling

Mina: dmg wise

Garrion: some can cut, others are only useful for thrusts

Garrion: ok, toss it them

Mina: i got a bunch of smaller knives for tossing basically

Mina: throwing knives pretty much

Tristan (Stan): in other news, large knives throw much better than small ones.

Mina: yes but i wanted a bandoleer of some

Garrion: all i cansay is good thing he grabbed your leg

Mina: not just two giant crocodile dundee ones :-p

Mina:
←Attacks Creature 4 with a Thrown
in the Torso
←Rolls 15 vs. Skill 12 (12 with a modifier of 0)

Mina FAILS by 3

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Mina:
←Attacks Creature 4 with a Thrown
in the Left Arm
←Rolls 6 vs. Skill 8 (12 with a modifier of -4)

Mina SUCCEEDS by 2

0 for Left Arm, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, -4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Creature 3: Major Wound Check

Creature 3: Creature 3 rolls 3d6 and gets 13 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Creature 3 SUCCEEDS by 0

Zindal (aka Ladzin): http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThrowingYourSwordAlwaysWorks

Urso has received initiative.

Mina: dont think my damage macros auto calc for my lessened str

Garrion: no they don;t

Mina: so the dmg is i have no clue, whatever a dagger + 6 str is

  • Urso is frustrated he can’t help above.

Garrion: it will be 1d-1 less than your default

Mina: The Dagger inflicts 6 imp raw damage.

Mina: sorry thought it gave a pop up i could mod

Mina: just roll it for me G

Mina: to speed this up

Tristan (Stan): yeah, I need to find the mechanics to that whole sword throwing thing. you know it’s got to be in here

Mina: dont wanna hog a bunch time on my ineffectual flailing

Mina: anyways, im done

Garrion: -1

Mina: i healed him :-p acupuncture

Garrion: lol

Garrion: your default is 2d6-2 so 1d6-3 is your new

  • Mina tosses two of her throwing knives wildly at the creature as it clings to her leg.

Garrion: Urso… you could try to start back up.. but without aid it is probally futile

Tristan (Stan): (first time I have not seen Mina be bad-ass)

Tristan (Stan): shocking really

Zindal (aka Ladzin) has received initiative.

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) holds a hand up for Melty as he approaches Mina to help her out, “Take a rest little one, you’ve earned it.”

Garrion: atk at -2 for attacking into a grapple

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, okay, I’m going to Rapid Strike and target its neck

Mina: “My morningstar, someone take it, and bash these things heads in already.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin):
←Attacks Creature 4 with a Swing
in the neck
←Rolls 10 vs. Skill 13 (23 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 3

-5 for neck, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -5 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin):
←Attacks Creature 4 with a Swing
in the neck
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 13 (23 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 1

-5 for neck, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -5 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Guessing it gets no defense since it’s grappling?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The Longsword inflicts 11 cut raw damage.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The Longsword inflicts 15 cut raw damage.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): So that’d be 18 and 26 total damage if it soaks both hits

Garrion: it can still dodge

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh, heh, okay

Creature 4: tries to dodge and rolls a 11 with effective skill 8

Creature 4 FAILS by 3

Creature 4: tries to dodge and rolls a 8 with effective skill 8

Creature 4 SUCCEEDS by 0

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol damn

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well it still takes the 18

Garrion: the first hits

Melty has received initiative.

Creature 4: is reduced 18 HP, and now has -5 HP: at half move.

Creature 4: Major Wound Check

Creature 4: Creature 4 rolls 3d6 and gets 6 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Creature 4 SUCCEEDS by 7

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Man, these things have been rolling way too well

Mina: gonna go grab me a sandwich brb

Garrion: ok, now since you miss it due to it dodging….

Garrion: If you miss, or your foe successfully dodges, you may hit someone else – friend or foe – in the hex. If there is more than one possible target, roll randomly to see who you “attack” first. Your attack roll is a flat 9 or the number you would have had to roll to hit him on purpose, whichever is worse. If you hit, the victim may attempt any legal closecombat defense. Keep rolling until you run out of targets or you actually hit someone.

Melty: “Hahhh… I-I’m finished… I c-can’t keep doing this…”

Garrion: you did not roll 9 or less so mina is in the clear

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I’m far too skilled for friendly fire

  • Melty hovers behind Zindal and Mina, concentrating on just staving off blows right now… (going full defense)

Melty: (AoD)

Garrion: ok, they go… Tristan.. the creature attempts to slash at an unarmored location… your face?

Error in body of roll. Statement options (if any): r Statement Body : getName(targetID)

Creature 3:
←Attacks Tristan (Stan) with a Swipe
in the face
←Rolls 14 vs. Skill 10 (11 with a modifier of -1)

Creature 3 FAILS by 4

-5 for face, 4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Melty: (Oh shit, my dodge is nerfed because my FP are so low…)

Garrion: and Mina… the creature on you lets loose and jumps in the water on Tristan

Melty: (It’s a good thing I’m wearing a cloak…)

Melty: (My block is literally better than my dodge atm)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol ouch

Garrion: its a feeding frenzy

Taragnor: lol.

Taragnor: fairy blocking with a little cloak.

Creature 4 is at -5 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid unconsciouness.

Taragnor: good old GURPS realism.

Melty: I think it’s awesome

Creature 4:
←Attacks Tristan (Stan) with a Swipe
in the Groin
←Rolls 8 vs. Skill 7 (11 with a modifier of -4)

Creature 4 FAILS by 1

0 for Groin, -4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan (Stan) has received initiative.

Tristan (Stan): ok, my goal is to get the hell out of the water

Tristan (Stan): st check?

Garrion: well first you are prone

Melty: Realism exited my field of vision when we decided to play in a world with magic and dragons and pixies that shoot lightning bolts

Garrion: with 2 lacedons attempting the thrash you

Tristan (Stan): ok, i’m holding on to my bow like crazy.

Tristan (Stan): ok, so how do I de-grabble myself?

Garrion: so frst is to fight prone.. or stand

Tristan (Stan): i would like to retreat

Tristan (Stan): so stand and get the hell out

Tristan (Stan): being eaten alive is not a great idea

Garrion: ok, you are in a shalow pool… about 3 ft to the lip

Melty: (I think GURPS’s FP system is relatively balanced really, cause I can recover a decent amount of my spell power in like a D&D-ish “short rest”, but if I tried to cheese it by sealing myself off in combat and resting it’d take like… 120 rounds to get any benefit at all

Taragnor: heh yeah. resting in combat for FP aint’ worth it at all

Tristan (Stan): ok, i’m no blade master… I would like to get out of the pool

Taragnor: like once you’re out fo FP you’re out for that fight.

Garrion: you stand as action this round… we’ll count you as partially standing so all the way up in this action

Taragnor: well you can overdrain yourself and take HP damage

Mina has received initiative.

Tristan (Stan): ok, can I take full defence?

Garrion: no, that action had to be to change posture

Garrion: you can next turn

Tristan (Stan): ok

Garrion: i think we stop after this round

Garrion: getting late and resume tristan’s feeding frenzy next time

Tristan (Stan): talk about a cliff hanger…

Tristan (Stan): I hope my rabbies shot is current

Garrion: lol

Garrion: mina… anything

Garrion: another dagger toss?

Cedric is disconnected.

Urso has received initiative.

Zindal (aka Ladzin) has received initiative.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Can I still attack the ghouls in the water?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): You said it’s like waist high?

Tristan (Stan): let’s see what you can do in a round zindal!

Tristan (Stan): decapitate that fucker

Garrion: yes, they are not that far down.. just about 3 ft

Cedric has connected.

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) steps up into position and attempts a double beheading

Urso: ( so we done?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Rapid Strike and target the neck on each

Garrion: yes, after this round

Tristan (Stan): that would be epic

Zindal (aka Ladzin):
←Attacks Creature 3 with a Swing
in the neck
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 15 (23 with a modifier of -8)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 4

-5 for neck, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -3 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan (Stan): lol, you owe me one for the demon

Zindal (aka Ladzin):
←Attacks Creature 4 with a Swing
in the neck
←Rolls 10 vs. Skill 15 (23 with a modifier of -8)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 5

-5 for neck, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -3 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Let’s see if they dodge, lol

Tristan (Stan): not sure if one sees you if it’s back is to you

Creature 3 is at -50 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid unconsciouness.

Creature 3: tries to dodge and rolls a 15 with effective skill 4

Creature 3 CRITICALLY FAILS by 11

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol nice

Tristan (Stan): derry

Tristan (Stan): sweet

Creature 4: tries to dodge and rolls a 17 with effective skill 4

Creature 4 CRITICALLY FAILS by 13

Tristan (Stan): (off one key,,, sweet is …

Zindal (aka Ladzin): HAH

Tristan (Stan): epic!

Taragnor: lol wow

Taragnor: guess they ran into each other

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The Longsword inflicts 16 cut raw damage.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The Longsword inflicts 17 cut raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): they looked up when the heard the “woosh” of your sword

Zindal (aka Ladzin): 28 and 30 damage respectively

Tristan (Stan): holly shit

Creature 3: Major Wound Check

Creature 3: Creature 3 rolls 3d6 and gets 12 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Creature 3 SUCCEEDS by 1

Tristan (Stan): the damage may take them

Creature 4: Major Wound Check

Creature 4: Creature 4 rolls 3d6 and gets 14 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Creature 4 FAILS by 1

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Damn, finally one of them fails a check

Tristan (Stan): btw, these ghould are like 5 times my size

Creature 3: is reduced 16 HP, and now has -66 HP: at half move and has died from fearful wounds.
Creature 3 breaches -52 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Looks like #3 died at least

Creature 4: is reduced 30 HP, and now has -35 HP: at half move.
Creature 4 breaches -13 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.
Creature 4 breaches -26 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.

Creature 4: Death Check

Creature 4: Creature 4 rolls 3d6 and gets 8 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of -1)

Creature 4 SUCCEEDS by 4

Creature 4: Death Check

Creature 4: Creature 4 rolls 3d6 and gets 9 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of -2)

Creature 4 SUCCEEDS by 2

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Bah

Garrion: ok #3 is beheaded

Zindal (aka Ladzin): So close

Garrion: slumps over in the shallow water ummobile

Melty has received initiative.

Garrion: zap em with lightning in the water melty

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Think Melty is still defending, lol

Tristan (Stan): or not

Zindal (aka Ladzin): She’s out of EP

Taragnor: did she ever shot that bolt she had charged up?

Tristan (Stan): she needs a tiny sword

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Or FP or whichever it is

Garrion: just joking ayway.. Tristan is in the water with then

Melty: (Oh shit did I?)

Garrion: ok, good job….

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol I thought you let that dissipate

Melty: (No way)

Tristan (Stan): fuck me…

Taragnor: I’m not suer if you can cast another spell while having a bolt charged or not

Taragnor: or that may be D&D where you can’t do that

Melty: (Oh shit)

Melty: (Yeah you’re right)

Melty: (I blew it)

Tristan (Stan): wheew

Zindal (aka Ladzin): That must have been the loud pop we heard

Tristan (Stan): lol

Tristan (Stan): or a giant pixie fart

Garrion: yeah, lol

Melty: (I could have tossed it too before I cast the other spell if I’d remembered I had it)

Garrion: ok good job all

Melty: (Since I have CM)

Melty: (Not good job, I fucked up enormously :\ )

Tristan (Stan): yeah, tonight was fun

Zindal (aka Ladzin): There there

Tristan (Stan): exept for Urso being seperated. that sucks

Urso: you could have all just jumped down the chute to escape, hehe

Melty: (I should’ve remembered too cause of my memory advantage, but I’m not gonna ask you to unwind all that shit)

Garrion: yes, that was what i thought you would do

Taragnor: heh well I forgot to cast the sense secrete doors spel at first, in a quest where I was looking for a hidden vault.

Tristan (Stan): I thoguht about it but wanted to give it one round. I was thinking it would be the kraken type thing.

Taragnor: or hidden treasury anyway

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Tristan (Stan): undead is my weakness and seems to be a lot of them around

Melty: (But you should have reminded me since Melty has a perfect memory)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Zindal don’t give a fuck, he’ll mow down whatever comes at him

Melty: (I literally paid points for it and I’m starting to get pissed that you’re ignoring that)

Tristan (Stan): ugly ones, fat ones…. Zindal does not care!

Urso: make sense, closed area, n ot alot of food here…. undead would be most logical opponents

Garrion: you talking to me?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, I forgot all about you having that spell charged up, I thought you had already let it fizzle

Taragnor: yeah its topugh since that was from last week

Melty: (Sorry, I’m really tired and I’m upset with myself)

Tristan (Stan): it’s all good, your role playing is fantastic.

Garrion: i thought you had dropped it cause you didn;t want it to interfere with another spell

Tristan (Stan): totally can picture the spunky pixie

Melty: (I forgot I had it)

Melty: (I could have thrown it and then cast my light spell IN THE SAME ROUND because I have Compartmentalized Mind)

Tristan (Stan): that would have been handy

Garrion: well i think we all forgot, i didn;t remember till was mentioned

Melty: (Yeah, I’m sorry I yelled at you)

Urso: heh, is why I have a little text doc open during our session with all my advantages on it, and what they do.. else I would forgot alot of stuff

Melty: (I’m just raging out a little I think)

Tristan (Stan): next time rage with a lighting bolt =)

Melty: ; ;

Garrion: i can’t recall ever characters held status… if you forget i’ll give you the benefit due to your advantage, but at this point it too late to do a redo

Tristan (Stan): did not even think to just zap the water in the first place. that would have been a good idea

Melty: Yeah, I would have done that

Melty: Yeah, I know

Tristan (Stan): we will know for next time

Melty: That’s exactly what I said

Melty: Way too much stuff happened so I’m like whatever

Melty: I’m just really fucking disappointed with myself

Tristan (Stan): ok guys, I have to head to bed. have to work in the am. have a great week

Melty: Night~!

Garrion: we crossing a puddle.. zap that fucker.. we crossing a river… zap that fucker…. from now on Melty lights it up

Urso: they come from the big pool or the little one?

Taragnor: On a side note, that reduced FP oost on magery… you gonna allow that?

Taragnor: Since I think I’m gonna grab that modifier if it’s allowed.

Garrion: you do not know.. really.. but melty saw them emerge from the edge of the small one

Urso: so zapping the big one wouldnt have done much

Melty: Yeah I might get that too… I want affects incorporeal but that’d also be really good for some of my spells.

Melty: I assume it doesn’t work on blocking spells though >.>

Garrion: i have to research it a little more… i’ll let you know this weekend

Urso: well I"M out… later folks

Melty: (trust me G it would be BROKEN if it did)

Taragnor: k

Melty: See ya Urso!~

Cedric is disconnected.

Taragnor: yeah probably sohuldn’t allow it on blocking spells

Taragnor: since high skill doens’t reduce the FP cost on those normally

Melty: (There’s a reason blocking spells don’t get the discount for high skill)

Taragnor: Like they’re kinda deisgned where you always pay the full FP cost for a blocking spell

Melty: (Cause otherwise I could parry any attack for no FP cost by rolling against my spell skill)

Garrion: night all.. will get the site updated this weekend

Melty: (That’s busted out the ass)

Melty: (Night G!)

Taragnor: lol.

Taragnor: yeah Sachi, that would be pretty uber.

Taragnor: I mean blocking spells are good enough as is

Taragnor: wtihout being free

Melty: Yeah lol

Taragnor: I mean I didn’t really have any great combo envisioned with it anyway, mostly it’s just laziness so I don’t gotta worry about tracking fatigue pretty mcuh. Since most of my shit will be free.

Taragnor: I like free stuff just cause it’s easier to track

Taragnor: and then i don’t have to worry about annoying G with wondering how many minutes I got to rest.

Taragnor: As opposed to some master plan where I was gonna like drop free charm person on EVERYONE.

Melty: lol

Melty: Yeah

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Gonna grab some sleep, catch you guys later

Taragnor: k cya

Tabris is disconnected.

Melty: Night night!~ I’m gonna go ahead and shut this thing down

Taragnor: yeah me too

Sachi is disconnected.

Taragnor is disconnected.

Session 18

GURPS on Golarion Garrion