Session 21

Server started; please wait for map to refresh.

Cedric has connected.

Cedric: hey

Taragnor has connected.

Tristan has connected.

Garrion: howdy

Tristan is disconnected.

Tabris has connected.

Garrion: sef will be out tonight.. he n eeds some beauty sleep

Tabris: What is this “sleep” you speak of

Sachi has connected.

Urso: seems we all here then

Sachi: Hihi~!

Garrion: howdy

Urso: (back in 5, gonna go make some popcorn)

Tristan has connected.

Tristan: hola

Sachi: Hiya Tristan!

Tristan: Hi there sachi =)

Garrion: ok, i think we are all set… just hashing out some details with Tab on an ability

Cedric is disconnected.

Tabris: Yeah I’m ready… Sorta

Tabris: Kind of running on fumes right now since work is a bitch

Garrion: ok, so to summarize… you have been fighting your way through the “fears” and have 1 room to go

Melty: (ouch, Melty’s low on pixie dust)

Garrion: yeah, she been kicking some ass

Garrion: so far Zindal has collected 3 gems

Garrion: while Tristan hung back to look over the weakened Mina

Tabris: Which one is the last room? SE?

Tristan (Stan): fire, spiders and snakes so far?

Tabris: Yeah

Tabris: The last one is supposed to be blood

Tabris: However that translates

Garrion: yes, se

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh, I need to update my mini, one moment

Cedric has connected.

Urso: " head down for last one, or fly girl need more rest?"

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Okay, ready to go

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) shrugs

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Might not hurt to let her catch her breath a bit.”

Melty: “Haahhh… I-I can’t really help if I don’t get a few more minutes… But you guys gotta party to get back to, right…?”

Urso: " how long need?"

Urso: " we gone long time"

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) shrugs… “Wasn’t much of a party anyway…”

Garrion: So he says now….

Taragnor: you’re lucky mina is strength drained

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well obviously that part was entertaining

Zindal (aka Ladzin): But not being allowed to indulge myself otherwise and then having to slog through this bullshit is kind of pissing Zindal off =P

Garrion: ok, so resting or the muscle going on down?

Urso: (how long will it take to at least get some power back?)

Melty: “10 or 15 minutes would be enough… It’s up to you guys though… I mean, it ain’t like I can stop ya.”

Melty: (2 minutes = 2 energy points essentially, and that’s the minimum)

Melty: (since I have 2 pools that recover concurrently)

  • Urso shrugs, " Urso can wait 10 minutes"

Tristan (Stan): “so, blood next huh? what the hell does tha tmean?”

Melty: “Appreciate it, man…~”

Urso: " something suck your blood, probably just Mina thing"

  • Melty curls up in Urso’s luggage.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Vampire? I’ve heard they’re superhuman in terms of strength and ability. I wonder if it’ll have a sword…”

Garrion: ok, you take a breather for 10 minutes….

Tristan (Stan): “should be easy enough to handle then”

Garrion: ok, 10 minutes passes and then you press on down the stairs…..

Melty: “Like who’s afraid of blood anyway?”

Urso: ( I"m afraid of alien blood)

Tristan (Stan): (notching a bodkin)

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) leads the way again
  • Urso follows.

Tristan (Stan): “for some reason I feel like we are about to go for a swim”

Melty: “That sounds kinda sexy.”

Garrion: melty flying or still tucked away?

  • Melty is in the air now that she’s rested.

Melty: regains 5 fatigue, and now has 9 FP.

Garrion: tristan following?

Garrion: a few moments after Zindal enters the room….

Tristan (Stan): yup’

Garrion: Two flights of stairs allow access to this cylindrical, thirty-foot-high room, one leading up and the other down. What appear to be dozens of wicker bird cages hang by thick ropes from the ceiling, each dangling at a different height above the floor.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Uh oh, it’s the villain from the first Patlabor movie

Urso: " birds?"

Garrion: Then suddenly the doors on the cages open and winged creatures fly out and circle the room…..

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) has his sword drawn and is ready for whatever comes at him

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh hell

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Are these stirges?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I hate stirges

Garrion: This insectoid creature has two pairs of bat wings, a tangle of thin legs, and a needle-sharp proboscis.

Melty: “No fair!”

Tristan (Stan): (that would make a lot of sense)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Shit, they are stirges

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I hate stirges

Taragnor: wow they could suck Melty dry in one rounbd

Melty: ; ;

Tristan (Stan): wow, these would be super intimidating to melty… she only has a little bit of blood. this would be such a cool scene for a pixie swashbuckler…

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Garrion: ok, lets roll it up

Urso: " Melty blow them all up?"

Melty: “Oh… Shit…”

  • Tristan (Stan) prepares to fight! Initiative: 21

Melty: “Y-yeah… Totally…”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) prepares to fight! Initiative: 15
  • Melty prepares to fight! Initiative: 21
  • Stirge prepares to fight! Initiative: 19
  • Urso prepares to fight! Initiative: 18.5

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well at least they aren’t a swarm

Zindal (aka Ladzin): That would fucking suck

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Literally

Garrion: lol

  • Melty is trying to put up a brave front, but her voice is wavering a little as she confronts the huge, bloodsucking monsters…

Garrion: now keep in mind that these are very small so attacks are at extra -4 to hit

Garrion: for the normals

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Meh

Garrion: for melty they are +2 relative

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol damn, they’re like giants to her

Tristan (Stan) has received initiative.

Melty: Ahaha whoa

Tristan (Stan): ok, doing a natursist role to see if I can identify any other large natural predatorial bird (i’m going somewhere with this)

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls Naturalist and gets 14 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) FAILS by 2

Garrion: no recollection on this one

Tristan (Stan): but… it does not matter so launching an arrow.

Melty: ←rolls Encyclopedist! and gets 13 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Melty FAILS by 1

Melty: Aww

Tristan (Stan):
←Attacks Stirge 1 with a Bodkin Arrow
in the Torso
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 24 (20 with a modifier of 4)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 13

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -1 range, 0 miscMod, 5 accMod

Garrion: get all those fails out of the way now ;)

Tristan (Stan): -4 was not included… should have included

Tristan (Stan): (yup, better to fail on one of those)

Tristan (Stan): The Composite Bow (ST14) inflicts 8 pi raw damage.

Urso: nice

Garrion: ok, you shoot.. and they flutter…

Tristan (Stan): no X modifier, strait 8 points

Melty has received initiative.

Stirge 6: tries to dodge and rolls a 5 with effective skill 9

Stirge 6 SUCCEEDS by 4

Tristan (Stan): chance to hit another one because of high success?

Garrion: nope

Melty: (How close are they to a wall or floor?)

Tristan (Stan): ok, I remember there was rule about hitting something behind.

Garrion: the ceiling is 30 ft high, they about 15 feet up now

Tristan (Stan): hope someone has a fireball spell

Melty: (they roughly the same elevation?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Melty has Explosive Lightning, but hopefully that’ll be good enough with these…

Garrion: no secind in the trqajectory

Tristan (Stan): ok, np

Tristan (Stan): (next round i’ll go full defence with my sword)

Urso: (ya, do that.. would only use like a 4pt one, these things probably have less than 10 hp, probably more like 5 or 6 )

Garrion: for now.. they just leaving the cages

Garrion: the creatures fly around and a couple swoop down to ward Zindal….

Urso: (damn, they beat our inits)

Urso: ( time for zindal to get shocked, hehe)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Tristan (Stan): (weight loss plan)

Error in body of roll. Statement options (if any): r Statement Body : getName(targetID)

Melty: (Well, at least they’re not too insubstantial for you to hit this time)

Stirge 1:
←Attacks Zindal (aka Ladzin) with a Attach
in the Groin
←Rolls 14 vs. Skill 17 (13 with a modifier of 4)

Stirge 1 SUCCEEDS by 3

0 for Groin, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Zindal expects proper compensation for being used as a lightning rod….

Tristan (Stan): oh shit

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Dude, fuck

Melty: duuuuuuude

Tristan (Stan): “suck it”

Tristan (Stan): lol

Stirge 6:
←Attacks Zindal (aka Ladzin) with a Attach
in the Torso
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 17 (13 with a modifier of 4)

Stirge 6 SUCCEEDS by 6

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Can I Parry these? Bat them away with my sword?

Garrion: not really.. the actual attack is a close attack and no room to swing that close in… i get what you are saying but that is the move that you are trying to hit not the atctual attack, so i think dodge is the only option

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Bah

Zindal (aka Ladzin): That doesn’t really make any sense, I mean I knew to expect something and I already have my sword out and ready

Garrion: yes, but they beat your init so you could not “wait”

Tristan (Stan): i would say you could parry it (it would be before the actual attack), but that could be said for a sword as well. you are not parring it as it touches your skin but before it gets close

Tristan (Stan): now, the inititatve issue is another issue

Garrion: they still get the jump on you and swoop in as you have a slight hesiotation

Tristan (Stan): they did act first

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh well

Zindal (aka Ladzin): tries to dodge and rolls a 14 with effective skill 12

Zindal (aka Ladzin) FAILS by 2

Zindal (aka Ladzin): tries to dodge and rolls a 10 with effective skill 12

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 2

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I’m going to luck the failed one

Zindal (aka Ladzin): tries to dodge and rolls a 11 with effective skill 12

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 1

Tristan (Stan): crap, do the groin….

Zindal (aka Ladzin): tries to dodge and rolls a 11 with effective skill 12

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 1

Zindal (aka Ladzin): There, both dodged

Tristan (Stan): lol

Tristan (Stan): that would be like cold water…. shrinkage

Taragnor: lol damn…stirge on the groin… that’d be brutal

Garrion: ok, as both swoop in and try to latch on to you you shimmy and shake and thay are not able to get hold

Urso has received initiative.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Why are the only things that throw themselves in that direction not the ones I really want to do that?”

  • Urso steps up and whacks one of them.

Melty: (sorry! I was talking to my mom)

Garrion: keep in mind it is very close to zindal so you could hit him if miss

Tristan (Stan): “at least you did not have to pay these”

Urso:
←Attacks Stirge 5 with a Swing
in the torso
←Rolls 9 vs. Skill 12 (16 with a modifier of -4)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 3

0 for torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “You get what you pay for…”

Urso: (na, I’m going for one further away)

Garrion: no defense.. you slice into it

Urso: The Throwing Axe inflicts 26 cut raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): did you ever take weapon master?

Stirge 1: is reduced 26 HP, and now has -16 HP: at half move.
Stirge 1 breaches -10 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.

Taragnor: 26 damage, I’m guessing he did

Urso: heh, can’t you tell by that uber damage

Tristan (Stan): yeah, that’s nuts

Taragnor: Also, that thing is probably totally obliterated.

Tristan (Stan): smear stain

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Like smashing a mosquito

Tristan (Stan): like a fine mist

Stirge 1: Death Check

Urso: well my max is 33, so that pretty good shot

Stirge 1: Stirge 1 rolls 3d6 and gets 9 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of -1)

Stirge 1 SUCCEEDS by 0

Melty: Pasted

Stirge 1: Death Check

Stirge 1: Stirge 1 rolls 3d6 and gets 5 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of -2)

Stirge 1 SUCCEEDS by 3

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol holy shit

Tristan (Stan): did it just take that?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): It did

Tristan (Stan): we should run….

Garrion: ok, i’m going to DM fiart that….

Tristan (Stan): dm fart?

Urso: ( well it did two death checks? that mean I did x3 its hp in dmage, no?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Fiat, lol

Garrion: it is swatted to the ground sliced nearly in two

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And yeah two death checks is like severely negative HP

Stirge 1: Major Wound Check

Stirge 1: Stirge 1 rolls 3d6 and gets 8 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

Stirge 1 SUCCEEDS by 2

Garrion: that is just crazy shit

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Tristan (Stan): ninja stirge

Zindal (aka Ladzin) has received initiative.

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) attempts to skewer the two creatures attacking him

Garrion: just 1 now

Zindal (aka Ladzin): He said he killed one of the other ones I thought

Zindal (aka Ladzin): His target was Stirge 5

Urso: (ya, one south of me)

Garrion: oh didn;t notice that.. it was up in the air

Garrion: so i did it as #1

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, okay, so only one is in range right now then?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And should 1 be dead since you ruled it dead?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh I see the skull now, never mind

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Had to zoom in

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) takes a step back and thrusts at the remaining stirge, attempting to skewer it

Garrion: yep, actually it is very close so to fight with sword you will need to back off from it some

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Which I just did

Zindal (aka Ladzin):
←Attacks Stirge 6 with a Thrust
in the eye
←Rolls 6 vs. Skill 11 (23 with a modifier of -12)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 5

-9 for eye, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -3 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan (Stan): the eye, really?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I have +1 for that since it’s my signature move, so only -3 penalty

Taragnor: lol seriously?

Urso: (geez, -12 and still hits )

Taragnor: You’re attacking a stirge? In the eye?

Garrion: that is just crazy.. a stirge eye… really?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well it has eyes and a brain doesn’t it?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): It’s a living creature with vital organs

Zindal (aka Ladzin): So fuck yeah kill shot

Taragnor: lol yeah but… it’s a stirge, and you’re attacking it… in the eye.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol whatever

Zindal (aka Ladzin): x4 damage ftw

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I ain’t a powerhouse like Urso

Garrion: pinpoint attack

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I need that multiplier

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The Longsword inflicts 11 imp raw damage.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol wow, max damage

Garrion: 44

Zindal (aka Ladzin): So that’s 44 to its eye

Tristan (Stan): i think that is the record damage we have had. nice

Melty: Whoaaa

Tristan (Stan): stuck on your sword

Melty: Straight up impale

Garrion: splat… the blade is bigger then the eye so you run clean through it… ind it is stuck on the tip of your sword like a shishkabob

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I’m a master swordsman, I’m entitled to flashy impossible moves like skewering a stirge through its eye

Zindal (aka Ladzin): That shit is class

Tristan (Stan): I would golf-clap but i’m holding my bow

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) flicks his sword and tosses the creature to the side after killing it

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Tch… Annoying little creatures.”

Tristan (Stan) has received initiative.

Tristan (Stan): i’ll hold my action and launch and arrow after one of the little creatures dodge

Melty has received initiative.

Garrion: they can still dodge.. that not gain you anything

Tristan (Stan): (ok, can I shoot one is the back while it takes off?)

Garrion: can dodge unlimited times

Garrion: nah, the angle of your shot you are liited only to seeing #2 and it is on the inward swoop

Tristan (Stan): ok, i’ll take the shot I have available then. vital shot normal arrow

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Just go for the eye like I did, see if you can match me, lol

Tristan (Stan):
←Attacks Stirge 2 with a Standard Arrow
in the vitals
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 16 (20 with a modifier of -4)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 4

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -2 range, -4 miscMod, 5 accMod

Melty: .-. I think we skipped me last time lol (I’m not mad, I don’t think I gotta waste FP on an aoe spell for these things)

Garrion: ok qickdraw and shoot away.. don;t forget the -4 for size

Melty: (Maybe toss a lightning bolt)

Tristan (Stan): oops need kick draw

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls Fast-Draw (Arrow) and gets 9 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 6

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah I don’t think Melty got an action last round

Tristan (Stan): ok, it’s good. hope not for the dodge

Garrion: oh i though she was prepping a spell or something, sorry

Melty: Hehe.~

Stirge 2: tries to dodge and rolls a 18 with effective skill 9

Stirge 2 CRITICALLY FAILS by 9

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Nice

Tristan (Stan): =)

Tristan (Stan): The Composite Bow (ST14) inflicts 8 imp raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): 24 (if no dr)

Stirge 2: is reduced 24 HP, and now has -14 HP: at half move.
Stirge 2 breaches -10 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.

Stirge 2: Death Check

Stirge 2: Stirge 2 rolls 3d6 and gets 8 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of -1)

Stirge 2 SUCCEEDS by 1

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol wow

Tristan (Stan): just a flesh wound…

Garrion: and it is skewered regardless of what the dice say

Melty has received initiative.

Garrion: unless you on the ground melty the arch of the doorway blocks sight to #3

Melty: Aww

Garrion: you have to move up some

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Clearly you must fly into the danger zone

  • Melty moves forward so she can see more of the room.

Garrion: or at least just behinf zindal

Garrion: just hope he doesn’t rweact and think you a stirge and try to swat you

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

  • Melty hovers over Zindal’s shoulder and behind him a little, like she’s Navi

Melty: (HEY)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Nah, Zindal has stroked her enough to know her body well

Melty: (LISTEN)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Haha

Garrion: you can see them all now

Melty: Hmmm

Garrion: btw i do assume that you are always holding your wand when you are not resting

Melty: Hehe, yeah, I always do, especially when I’m ready for trouble in a situation like a dungeon

Urso: ( I know zindal is.. )

Garrion: haha, but his doesn’t vibrate with magic, lol

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Not yet

Garrion: after all these groin attacks i think hes going to have to stop adventuring with it out in the open like that

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Garrion: ok melty.. you got something for us?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah I’m glad I made sure to get armor that guards the groin

Tristan (Stan): you know, a cup may be a good idea…

Melty: I don’t want to waste a bunch of FP on missile spells when you guys do great damage, so… I’ll cast Spasm on the closest one and try to fuck with its wing muscles.

Melty: Maybe I can slow it down or make it fall…

Garrion: will or HT to resist>?

Tristan (Stan): cramp in wing.. funny

Melty: HT

Garrion: ok roll for the spel

Melty: Hmmm can I use my Beam skill? It’s the same as my spell skill and it needs to calculate the range since it’s a normal spell

Garrion: well normal is -1 per yard, not like ranged shots

Melty: Ohh yeah

Melty: _>

Garrion: so using the ruler it is….

Melty: 2.3

Melty: ish

Garrion: 3 yards straight to #3 so call it 5 yards since up in the air also

Melty: lol this isn’t gonna work

Melty: ←rolls Most Spells and gets 6 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of -5)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 5

Melty: Unless I roll good!

Garrion: #3 or #5?

Stirge 3:
HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls HT and gets 12 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

Stirge 3 FAILS by 2

Melty: HT to resist

Melty: #5

Melty: Unless that one is farther somehow

Melty: I mean

Melty: Yeah

Melty: 5

Garrion: ok, the little creatures wings start to twitch and it can not maintin flight and tumbles to the ground…. 6

Stirge 3: is reduced 3 HP, and now has 7 HP.

Stirge 3: regains 3 HP, and now has 10 HP.

Stirge 5: is reduced 3 HP, and now has 7 HP.

Melty: (it’s a giant!)

Garrion: the remaining flying creatures swoop in to feast

Tristan (Stan): (all at zindals groin…)

Stirge 4:
←Attacks Urso with a Attach
in the Groin
←Rolls 5 vs. Skill 17 (13 with a modifier of 4)

Stirge 4 CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 12

0 for Groin, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Ouch

Urso: crap

Tristan (Stan): wow, not dodging that…. funny

Garrion: what is whith all the damn groin rolls

Taragnor: lol damn…

Taragnor: crit to the groin…

Urso: ( ( assume dr still works right?)

Stirge 3:
←Attacks Zindal (aka Ladzin) with a Attach
in the Torso
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 17 (13 with a modifier of 4)

Stirge 3 SUCCEEDS by 6

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Should, lol

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Can I parry this one since I’m in active init now and can see it coming?

Taragnor: And yeah GURPS is kinda wierd with the freuqency of groin hits lol

Tristan (Stan): the forumla may be broken for map tools

Garrion: this is just to land and attach…. they will roll again to find an opening in the armor near landing spot… rmember they are small so chinks are big to them

Garrion: yes, i’ll let you parry this one as coming in

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Whoo

Zindal (aka Ladzin): tries to parry and rolls a 10 with effective skill 19

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 9

Tristan (Stan): I would imagin the average warrior would not go spalunking with his wang hanging out….

Garrion: really by the rules that would need to be a wait action to attack it as it swoops in, but i’m not sweating it

Melty: Lady warriors do stuff like that all the time according to fantasy movies and illustrations!

Garrion: ok, you swat it away as it dives in

Tristan (Stan): I would imagin that’s just pervey guys with built up tention

Urso has received initiative.

Urso: ( can I knock it off me?)

Garrion: sure…..

Melty: Walkin around with ya boobs and ass hangin out all the time

Garrion: needs to be with hand though.. doubt you want to swing big axe at groin

Tristan (Stan): not making friends that way…

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

  • Urso drops his axe and tries to grab the stirge on him. ( grapple?)

Tristan (Stan): lol

Tristan (Stan): i’ve heard of tick bites to the pee pee

Melty: D:

Tristan (Stan): a bird stuck to your johnson sounds pretty bad

Garrion: well if all you doing is knocking it off you can just attack

Garrion: but if grabbing then needs a grapple

Tristan (Stan): (this is a really funny mental image)

Urso: still -4 ?

Garrion: yep

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol should just make a Brawling check to squash it between your hands

Urso:
←Attacks Stirge 4 with a Punch
in the back
←Rolls 4 vs. Skill 8 (12 with a modifier of -4)

Urso CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 4

0 for back, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Like stepping on a roach and watching it splatter

Garrion: i think he gonna grab it and rip wings off, haha

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Haha, nice

Urso: The Fist inflicts 6 cr raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): hope that beak is not barbed

Garrion: so you just hit it after all?

Urso: ya

Tristan (Stan): you just punched yourself in the dick

Garrion: lol, yeah

Stirge 4: is reduced 6 HP, and now has 4 HP.

Stirge 4: Major Wound Check

Tristan (Stan): if we did not think he was the man we do now

Stirge 4: Stirge 4 rolls 3d6 and gets 8 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

Stirge 4 SUCCEEDS by 2

Urso: na, just punched staight down, into it and hopefully knock it off

Urso: " melty, knock it off"

  • Urso will also turn toward the group if he can, so they can get a better shot at it.

Garrion: it still a klingon

Melty: (Hehe, I can try using Air Jet)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (lol, you sure you want me taking shots at your groin?)

Urso: ( just use the one you did last time and stun it )

Garrion: just don;t aim for the “eye”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Hahaha

Tristan (Stan): lol

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Damn that would hurt

Melty: :3

Tristan (Stan): head shot

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Tristan (Stan): dick jokes never get old….

Garrion: ok, this has officially downgraded into perversion

Tristan (Stan): your the one that is attacking penisis sir

Zindal (aka Ladzin) has received initiative.

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) steps around and attacks the stirge that tried to swoop in on him

Garrion: crunch crunch as he step oin the others

Zindal (aka Ladzin):
←Attacks Stirge 3 with a Swing
in the neck
←Rolls 9 vs. Skill 14 (23 with a modifier of -9)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 5

-5 for neck, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The Longsword inflicts 9 cut raw damage.

Stirge 3: tries to dodge and rolls a 7 with effective skill 9

Stirge 3 SUCCEEDS by 2

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Aw, damn

Tristan (Stan): he saw what you did to his friend

Tristan (Stan) has received initiative.

Garrion: now this will be a fun shot.. do you really think a stirge body will stop the mass of an arrow?

Garrion: let’s find out

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Tristan (Stan): as a heroic archer i get free “trick shots” at no minus

Urso: ( well at his angle and the way Urso turned, should be able to shoot it off, from the side )

Tristan (Stan): so, i’ll either step and position or trick shot it off the wall

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls Fast-Draw (Arrow) and gets 11 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 4

Urso: ( I do have dr 6 in groin)

Tristan (Stan): my normal arrow damage is 8

Garrion: i mean him shooting the one in front of zindal

Urso: ( well definently only use normal )

Melty: :3

Tristan (Stan):
←Attacks Stirge 3 with a Standard Arrow
in the Left Leg
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 21 (20 with a modifier of 1)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 10

0 for Left Leg, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, -4 miscMod, 5 accMod

Tristan (Stan): looks good to me

Garrion: ok, zindal clear of the shot now

Stirge 3: tries to dodge and rolls a 11 with effective skill 9

Stirge 3 FAILS by 2

Tristan (Stan): The Composite Bow (ST14) inflicts 8 imp raw damage.

Garrion: its poor little leg is shot clean off

Tristan (Stan): 24 (to the leg though…. not sure if that would knock it out the air or not)

Garrion: nope

Tristan (Stan): crap

Zindal (aka Ladzin): It bleeds out through the femoral artery

Tristan (Stan): frieght roll?

Tristan (Stan): “squeek!”

Garrion: just slices the little insect leg off

Tristan (Stan): oh well, lesson learned. aim for torso

Melty has received initiative.

Tristan (Stan): waste

  • Melty tries casting Air Jet on the one attached to Urso to knock it off.

Melty: My leg is down to 3 HPs and overall I’m down to 7 HPs.

Melty: Kyaa!

Garrion: air blast to the crotch

Urso: (how you take damage?)

Melty: (no idea)

Tristan (Stan): think that was supposed to be the bad guy

Urso: ( do HP instead of FP ?)

Melty: (I didn’t do anything .-. )

Garrion: oops i was on melty.. that was supposed to be the stirge

Melty: Hehe

Melty: My leg is down to 1 HPs and overall I’m down to 5 HPs.

Melty: My leg is down to 5 HPs and overall I’m down to 9 HPs.

Melty: I’ll do… 2 energy, 1 cost, see how that works

Stirge 4: My leg is down to 4 HPs and overall I’m down to 2 HPs.

Melty: receives -1 fatigue, and now has 8 FP.

Stirge 4: My leg is down to 6 HPs and overall I’m down to 4 HPs.

Stirge 3: My leg is down to 4 HPs and overall I’m down to 8 HPs.

Melty: ←rolls Air Spells and gets 13 vs. Skill (20 with a modifier of -1)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 6

Garrion: finally

Melty: 9 knockback damage

Garrion: kept picking damn wrong mini

Melty: Not the greatest roll

Garrion: ok, seeing how this is not really pinpoint precision…. we’ll say Urso takes half that

Stirge 4: is reduced 9 HP, and now has -5 HP: at half move.

Urso: ( dr help? any save?)

Melty: It’s knockback, so for every multiple of the target’s ST-2 I rolled they’re knocked 1 yard away from me

Melty: Every full multiple

Garrion: yes, you get DR

Garrion: oh not crushing damage?

Urso: ( then I"M good, 6 dr)

Melty: Actually it’s knockback damage

Melty: It doesn’t do normal damage at all unless the target is vaporous

Garrion: ok then.. no effect on urso due to big ass st

Melty: Knockback is you take the damage rolled before DR and for every full multiple of the target’s ST-2 they’re knocked back a yard

Melty: I figure it probably won’t knock Urso back at all but it might the stirge

Garrion: knocks the stirge back

Melty: They have to roll the highest of DX, Acrobatics, or Judo or fall down (prone)

Garrion: 9 yards

Melty: lol wow

Garrion: so slams into wall

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Nice

Garrion: i guess it blows off and passes between legs

Melty: It says if you knock your target into something solid it does damage as if they collided with it at a speed equal to the yards of knockback, hehe

Garrion: 1

Stirge 4: is reduced 1 HP, and now has -6 HP: at half move.

Stirge 4: regains 9 HP, and now has 3 HP: at half move.

Stirge 4:
HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls DX and gets 9 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of 0)

Stirge 4 SUCCEEDS by 5

Garrion: succeeds DX

Garrion: ol’ 5 leg comes after zindal

Melty: (it’s on page 430 if you wanna do the math, it depends on how much HP the stirge has I think)

Garrion: not really worried about the details.. just rolled for it

Stirge 3:
←Attacks Zindal (aka Ladzin) with a Attach
in the Left Arm
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 17 (13 with a modifier of 4)

Stirge 3 SUCCEEDS by 6

0 for Left Arm, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): tries to parry and rolls a 15 with effective skill 19

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 4

Garrion: and he swats it away again

Stirge 5: Stun Recovery Check

Melty: (I think it’d be 2d at most anyway)

Stirge 5: Stirge 5 rolls 3d6 and gets 4 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

Stirge 5 CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 6

Tristan (Stan): nasty little things

Melty: Whoa

Garrion: and the one withthe twitching wing recovers and flies up at zindal

Stirge 5:
←Attacks Zindal (aka Ladzin) with a Attach
in the Groin
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 17 (13 with a modifier of 4)

Stirge 5 SUCCEEDS by 5

0 for Groin, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): tries to parry and rolls a 13 with effective skill 17

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 4

Garrion: they going for where all the blood flow is i guess

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Whap, whap

Melty: :3

Garrion: the one tossed into the wall tries to recover from the blast

Garrion: oh actually zindal.. that last one came at you from behind.. no defense

Zindal (aka Ladzin): What

Garrion: well it look slike it right on the edge.. i’ll give it to you at -2, you still parry

Garrion: #4 does get Urso from behind though

Stirge 4:
←Attacks Urso with a Attach
in the Torso
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 17 (13 with a modifier of 4)

Stirge 4 SUCCEEDS by 6

0 for Torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 4 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah I mean it’s within my line of sight with my current facing so I didn’t think that would count as “from behind”

Garrion: it square in the middle of his back

Urso has received initiative.

Urso: ( it got tossed back and flew back that quickly?)

Garrion: yes, it rolled good so not prone or anything.. just tossed back

Urso: ( no minus for moving 9 yards and attacking at the same time?)

Garrion: it did not move the full 9 yards back.. was a wall in the way

Urso: ( so it attached to his abck?)

Garrion: yep

Tristan (Stan): again… funny

  • Urso slams his back into a wall to crush it.

Garrion: and Urso does not know

Urso: ( I don’t know?)

Garrion: it was in your blind spot

Garrion: you facing melty

Garrion: and it flew in from behind you

  • Urso spins around and looks for more of them, quick drawing another axe.

Melty: There’s facing and stuff in GURPS, I mean

Urso: ←rolls Fast Draw Throwing Axe and gets 15 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 0

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah it looks like you never corrected your facing from one of the previous fights, or something

Taragnor: yeah basically back attacks in GURPS really fuck you over, though if you can see it at the start of your turn and it just flies behind you, it only counts as a run around attack, where you can defend it at like -4 I think

Urso: (no, I spun to the group so could shoot off the bug, then it flew off adn was able to come back before he could go again)

Taragnor: But if it was totally invisible to you from the start of its turn, you’re basically screwed.

Taragnor: Of course, I mean I’d think you’d at least feel it on your back

  • Urso turns to face them. ( hopefully someone tells em its on his back )

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah or hear it, lol

Garrion: now when urso spins around you do not see the bg that melty blasted off of you.. where could that damn thing have gone?

Taragnor: I mean unless it has some kinda numbing thing where the spot it injects you becomes totally numbed.

Garrion: it does

Zindal (aka Ladzin): It hasn’t even injected him yet though, it just landed on him

Garrion: that is why they can suck till you dry and never know it

Urso: ( hopefully, Melty and Tristan will do something about it and let him know )

Urso: (done)

Taragnor: oh… yeah if it hasn’t injected you, I’d figure you’d at least feel it. I dunno, well depends on how much you’re wearing I guess.

Zindal (aka Ladzin) has received initiative.

Taragnor: If you’re bare chested you’d probably feel it

Taragnor: I dunno with armor

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “You’ve got one on your back, Urso!”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) steps back and attacks the two swarming on him

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Rapid Strike, attacking 3 and 5

Zindal (aka Ladzin):
←Attacks Stirge 3 with a Swing
in the torso
←Rolls 9 vs. Skill 16 (23 with a modifier of -7)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 7

0 for torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -7 miscMod, 0 accMod

Stirge 3: tries to dodge and rolls a 12 with effective skill 9

Stirge 3 FAILS by 3

  • Urso curses.

Zindal (aka Ladzin):
←Attacks Stirge 5 with a Swing
in the torso
←Rolls 14 vs. Skill 16 (23 with a modifier of -7)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 2

0 for torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -7 miscMod, 0 accMod

Garrion: that include the -4 Zindal?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yes

Zindal (aka Ladzin): -3 for Rapid Strike, -4 for size

Zindal (aka Ladzin): -7 total mod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I’m attacking torso so no location mod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And I have Weapon Master so I can Rapid Strike at half the normal penalty

Tristan (Stan): (better call torso)

Stirge 5: tries to dodge and rolls a 10 with effective skill 9

Stirge 5 FAILS by 1

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The Longsword inflicts 14 cut raw damage.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The Longsword inflicts 17 cut raw damage.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): 21 and 25 I think?

Stirge 3: is reduced 14 HP, and now has -6 HP: at half move.

Garrion: yes

Stirge 3: is reduced 7 HP, and now has -13 HP: at half move.
Stirge 3 breaches -10 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.

Stirge 3: Death Check

Stirge 3: Stirge 3 rolls 3d6 and gets 11 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of -1)

Stirge 3 FAILS by 2

Stirge 5: is reduced 25 HP, and now has -18 HP: at half move.
Stirge 5 breaches -10 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.

Stirge 5: Death Check

Stirge 5: Stirge 5 rolls 3d6 and gets 7 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of -1)

Stirge 5 SUCCEEDS by 2

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Damn annoying things

Garrion: i’m gonna still splat that one

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Whoo

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) neatly cleaves both stirges in half

Garrion: zindal brings down the 2 harrassing him

Melty: Yay~

Tristan (Stan) has received initiative.

Tristan (Stan): probably hard to put an arrow into the one on urso

Cedric is disconnected.

Tristan (Stan): i’ll fast draw my sword and attack the one on urso with my sword

Cedric has connected.

Tristan (Stan): hopefully not killing him in the process.

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls Fast-Draw (Knife) and gets 10 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 5

Tristan (Stan): (it says knife but i have sword too)

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls Broadsword and gets 14 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of -4)

Tristan (Stan) FAILS by 3

Tristan (Stan): going to luck it

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol whoops

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls Broadsword and gets 14 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 1

Garrion: so you pulling sword, not knife?

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls Broadsword and gets 10 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of -4)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 1

Tristan (Stan): (yea, sword. I keep meaning to add it. it’s on my character sheet, just not this one)

Garrion: ok, you manage to slic e it.. no defense, as it is latched on

Tristan (Stan):
←Attacks Stirge 4 with a Broadsword Swing
in the back
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 13 (13 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 1

0 for back, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan (Stan): that was supposed to be damage…

Tristan (Stan): The Thrusting Broadsword inflicts 3 cut raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): yup, not a swordsman

Melty has received initiative.

Garrion: 4 damage

Stirge 4: is reduced 4 HP, and now has -1 HP: at half move.

Tristan (Stan): (hacks at it with a sloppy motion)

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) smirks as he watches Tristan flail about

Tristan (Stan): (lets see your bow skills buddy)

Stirge 4:
HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls HT and gets 11 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

Stirge 4 FAILS by 1

Melty: (that’s still attached to Urso’s back right?)

Garrion: yep

  • Melty maintains her spell, aiming another jet of air at the stirge.

Garrion: now since none of you really know what a stirge is you wonder what the hell this has to do with “blood”

Melty: (are size mods relative btw? Like do I roll at -4 or +2?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I think he said you roll at +2

Garrion: at +2

Melty: Ooo yay

Melty: ←rolls Innate Attack (Beam) and gets 12 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 2)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 6

Garrion: relative, but never higher than a +4 if it bigger than you

Melty: Hehe :3

Melty: You anticipated my followup question

Garrion: once it gets so big it is not really any easier to hit

Melty: Knockback: 15

Urso: nice

Melty: lol, bouncing off the walls or something

Garrion: the creature is blown off his back once more and slams into the wall and then the ground unmoving

Garrion: however it does not fade to smoke like the others did and leave anything behind

  • Urso moves up to it and stomps it with his boots.

Garrion: when he lifts his boot there is a grape-sized piece of purple amethyst on the floor

  • Urso retrieves his extra axe.

Tristan (Stan): “Urso, did one of those things stick to your penis?”

Tristan (Stan): “first a gator, now a string….. some bait you got there”

  • Urso shrugs, " Urso big "

Tristan (Stan): “attracking the wrong kind of atention though”

Tristan (Stan): (lol)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “I’m getting tired of wasting my talents on random mindless creatures…”

Tristan (Stan): “at least you did not get stick in the dick so it could have been worse”

Garrion: you now have 4 stones….

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Well, there’s the last stone… Let’s see what the invisible voice says now.”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) picks it up to go with the others

Tristan (Stan): “probably just mock us some more”

  • Urso nods and follows along.

Garrion: “I see you have returned once more…”

  • Urso stands with his back to a wall, expecting treachery.

Melty: “It could be worse. You could be wasting your talents on killing pixie villages and setting our trees on fire like most humans do.”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) pulls out the four stones

Tristan (Stan): "i’m not sure the most humans do that…. "

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “We’ve completed your annoying tests. Now tell us how to get to the treasure.”

Tristan (Stan): “yeah, urso took one to the dick. Talk about facing a fear”

  • Urso shrug, " Urso not even know was pixie"

Garrion: “Very good, very good. So it appears you have faced your fears and succeeded. Leave rthe stones on the table (there is a broken table nearby) and i will answer your questions.”

Urso: " question, you supposed to open vault?"

Garrion: “Well done! Isn’t it better to be sane? Now, I understand you might have forgotten some important things while you were crazy. I can help! I can help six times, in fact! Ask me six questions! I can get the answers!”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) sets the stones on the table…
  • Urso frowns.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “How do we get to the treasure held in this vault?”

Garrion: you see a figure suddenly appear and scoop up the stones and fly bac into the air…..

Urso: (what it look like?)

Tristan (Stan): “wha…”

Garrion: Fiendish wings and a whipping scorpion-like tail lash behind this diminutive, red-skinned nuisance

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol, fucking imp

Tristan (Stan): (shoot it?)

Garrion: it is a female.. slightly larger than Melty

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (It says it can answer questions… wait until it’s done)

Tristan (Stan): lol, ok

Tristan (Stan): i’m trigger happy

Tristan (Stan): it’s an imp anyway, probably lies

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well we’ll see, heh

Urso: ( think it a bit nuts.. might tell the truth)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol yeah

Zindal (aka Ladzin): It doesn’t exactly sound sane itself

Garrion: “Go ahead, what is your first question?”

Melty: “Hey! I kinda like her. You know, for a devil.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I already asked question 1

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “How do we get to the treasure held in this vault?”

Garrion: She pauses for a moment.. seeming to talk to something as she mutters a bit…..

Tristan (Stan): (while she looks it up)

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) taps his foot impatiently as he waits for the answer…

Garrion: "Ahh, you must pass through the heart of the knot and go south into the Crux Sanctum.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “How do we pass through the heart of the knot?”

Urso: (maybe can it take us there)

Garrion: She laughs a bit…. then looks serious again while going back to her muttering…..

Urso: (or show the way)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (lol I don’t want an insane imp tagging along with us)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (Unless Melty wants to make it her familiar maybe)

Garrion: “To pass through the knot you must find the combination to open the proper doorways in the passages.”

Melty: (Hehe that’d be kind of cool actually >.> )

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “How do we find the combination?”

Garrion: She mutters a bit more…. “If you fall into the void it will change the combination.”

Melty: “Oooo… So it is important!”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Are you referring to the chambers with spiral stairs and bottomless pits?”

Garrion: “Do this for eack lock and the heart will open for you.”

Urso: (geez, we not even close to being done I think)

Garrion: “Yes…. that is question 4, 2 more.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Does the treasure have a guardian or any traps defending it?”

Garrion: "She mutters a bit more…..

Garrion: “Three guardians remain there, perpetually watching over the vault.”

Garrion: “One more question.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “What are the three guardians and their weaknesses?”

Garrion: “Now now.. that is 2 questions in one, no fair.”

Garrion: “You must choose only 1 to ask.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Tch… Fine. What are the three guardians?”

Garrion: Two of these guardians are lemures, but the third is the Outcast King."

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol and of course she won’t tell me what the Outcast King is

Garrion: “I am glad that I could help cure you from your malady.”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) nods to Tristan

Garrion: then she disappears

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Aw

Tristan (Stan): “yeah, that would be too easy”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Well, I guess we get to go falling through the void then?”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Or we could just go back to the party and tell Loryc to go fuck himself. Your call.”

Tristan (Stan): “maybe he is the outcast king…”

Garrion: lol

Tristan (Stan): “fucking with us”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Well I guess now we have to keep going so we can find out.”

Tristan (Stan): “don’t wizards have imps?”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) shrugs

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “I never paid much attention to that sort of thing.”

Tristan (Stan): "didn’t that thing say “falling through the void resets the commbination?”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Yeah… So let’s head back to those stairs.”

Garrion: changes

Tristan (Stan): so, gotta avoid the voids….. there is a toung twiser"

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “If I understood it right, actually we don’t avoid them.”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) heads back through the rough tunnel towards the spiral stairs

Melty: “A lotta wizards do… Mostly the less reputable ones.”

Taragnor: Be funny if the voice is just some insane demon fucking with you, and the void is a death sentence.

Tristan (Stan): “so, if it changes the combination wouldn’t that mean starting over?”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Only one way to find out!

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Are the same doors open and closed as last time?

Tristan (Stan): “should have hog tied that imp up and made it be our blood hound”

  • Urso follows along.

Garrion: the doors are the same as last time

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Anyone got a copper piece?”

Urso: " toss arrow down"

Garrion: open here….

Tristan (Stan): (i have free arrows, I can toss one)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah, shoot an arrow down, see if it comes back out the top

Tristan (Stan): *tosses arrow

Garrion: you shoot an arrow and it cycles back like the other room did

  • Urso puts his shield above his head, not wanting it to hit him.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Hm…”

Tristan (Stan): “so, the other plan was to tell the wizard to fuck off right?”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Little one, you can fly, so you should be able to control your trip through. See if you can fly through the bottom and come back out of the top.”

Garrion: This chamber lacks a visible floor and ceiling—instead, what appears to be an endless shaft stretches to infinity both above and below. A ring of stone stairs winds upward counterclockwise around the room’s perimeter, winding back on itself in a mind-bending twist that, impossibly, brings one back to the starting point’s elevation despite the fact that the stairs themselves seem never to change their ascent or descent. Stone archways, some opening into other similar rooms and some sealed with stone, extend off from landings here and there on the ring of stairs.

Melty: “Yeah, totally!”

Melty: “I kinda wanted to try it before when they were fallin’ down, but we were kind of busy then…”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Well, here’s your chance.”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) gives her the “be my guest” arm motion

Tristan (Stan): "it does look like fun…. "

Tristan (Stan): “get it short stack”

  • Melty takes into the air and dives into the pit, looking for her companions to show up again on the way down.

Garrion: you pass down and then suddenly you see your friends below you again

Urso: (hear any doors open or close?)

Garrion: as you come to a stop in front of them……

Tristan (Stan): “what out for the creepy grabbing hand things”

Garrion: the sobnd of doors grinding can be heard……

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) grins

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Bingo.”

Melty: “Aha!~”

Urso: ( which opens?)

Melty: “So she was helpful after all…”

Garrion: 4

Melty: (was she cute?)

Garrion: the one behind you closes

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Anything open? lol

Zindal (aka Ladzin): That wasn’t already?

Garrion: 4

Garrion: and then reopend

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Hm… Try it again.”

Garrion: you do it again….

Garrion: 1

Garrion: 3

Melty: “Hmm… Yes…”

  • Melty tries it again.

Tristan (Stan): “niffty”

Garrion: two doors open

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, so NW and SW both opened?

Garrion: one sec….

Garrion: yes…. lucky rolls…. it effectly opened all the doors

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol nice

Tristan (Stan): nice

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) points NW

Garrion: let me open them all up

Tristan (Stan): (like space balls locker code)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Come on, this way.”

Melty: Yay!"

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “This should be on the other side of that chained creature…”

  • Melty flits merrily after Zinda.

Tristan (Stan): “did that actually just work?”

Melty: Zindal*

Zindal (aka Ladzin): What’s open in this room?

Garrion: ok, all doors are open

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh in all the chambers?

Garrion: yes, what changes in one room changes for the whole complex

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol wow, that’s fucking awesome

Garrion: now just have to find your way through the maze

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, well, let’s see… If I follow right hand rule… I already know where that one goes, so if I’ll head North

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Looks like only one exit out of this one, hmm

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Intriguing…

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Staying to the right again

Garrion: ok this hall is longer and seems to head someplace…..

Urso: " how big this place"

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Seems pretty big.”

Tristan (Stan): (notching bodkin)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Looks like we found an exit.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Nothing in that first chamber?

Garrion: the room to youer west…..

Garrion: no it is empty

Garrion: to the west is…..

Garrion: and hall heading south

Garrion: This strangely shaped chamber is empty of furnishings. A large, circular side chamber nearby contains what appears to be a weirdly flickering spiral staircase leading up into the shadowy shaft above.

Urso: " this probably it?"

Melty: “Looks different from all the other crap in here…”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “She said south… Though I’m not sure what counts as south in this place.”

Urso: ( Urso go absolute direction, he knows)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): How is the staircase flickering? Like it’s phasing in and out of existence or it has lights on it?

Urso: got

Garrion: due to the weird planar thing go ahead and roll.. but i’ll give you a +10 for the trait

Urso: (waht the roll?)

Garrion: flickering in and out of existence

Garrion: anything you have having to do with knowing direction… survival?

Urso: IQ?

Urso: tracking?

Garrion: not really that

Urso: observation?

Garrion: let me see….

Melty: Hmm

Taragnor: I don’t think there is an indoor direction sense skill

Melty: Oh

Taragnor: think you gota have the advantage

Melty: Cause you got absolute direction

Taragnor: Ah, yeah if he has that advantage then I think it works regardless

Urso: Absolute Direction: You always know which way is north, and you can always retrace a path you have followed within the past month, no matter how faint or confusing. This ability does not work in environments such as interstellar space or the limbo of the astral plane, but it does work underground, underwater, and on other planets. This gives +3 to Body Sense and Navigation (Air, Land, or Sea). (Note: The navigational sense that guides migratory creatures to their destination is too crude to qualify; treat it as a 0-point feature.) 5points.

Garrion: i just having him roll because of the planar thing.. there really is no sense of direction here

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, well it says it doesn’t work in planar environments

Zindal (aka Ladzin): So if there isn’t a skill tied to it then apparently it just doesn’t work

Tristan (Stan): i just pictures the trail from the spell in skyrm when you cast the claivoyint spell

Garrion: so i guess roll survival or its default.. but i’m giving you +10 for taking the ability

Urso: what survival default?

Garrion: PEr-5

Zindal (aka Ladzin): So basically roll PER+5 since you’re getting +10 from your Advantage

Cedric is disconnected.

Garrion: wow. he blew his mind

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Cedric has connected.

Garrion: you trying to climb Zindal while Urso tries to tell direction?

Cedric: (you get my roll before I dropped?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I’ll prod at the stairs with my sword

Garrion: nope

Garrion: they seem intact if a little "squishy

Urso: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 13 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 5)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 2

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Strange… Doesn’t really seem like what I would think of a treasure chamber…”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) tries stepping on the stairs

Garrion: Ok, urso thinks for a miment… I have a feeling this way is south……

Urso: " Maybe Melty fly up and tie rope to something not flicky?"

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well if that way is south then I don’t care about this weird stairwell

Zindal (aka Ladzin): So tell me which way is south, lol

Garrion: the room goes up 30 ft and ends

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Looks like a dead end… Weird.”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) heads back down the stairs

Urso: " maybe trick?"

Garrion: nice thing about roller is you do not know if he failed or succeeded

Melty: “Hmmm…”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Beats me… Did you figure out which way is south yet?”

Melty: (where are we?)

Melty: (Are we on the map)

Garrion: he points down the hall he is standing in

  • Urso points the opposite way of where he thinks north is. " this way Urso think "

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yes

Melty: (I don’t see anything where you’re pointing)

Garrion: zoom out.. we moved quite a ways

Melty: (It’s all black oh there we go)

Melty: (I found myself now)

Urso: ( so urso think south is up ?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I think he said you think south is down

Garrion: he thinks the hall he is in heads south

Zindal (aka Ladzin): So that way

Melty: (It’s the spiral staircase that was a dead end?)

Urso: (isn’t that toward the stairs?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Apparently

Zindal (aka Ladzin): no

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Where I was standing is the staircase

Urso: " we try this way"

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Lead the way.”

Garrion: as you head souith there is a hall jutting off to the side

Urso: " Melty sneak or we just go?"

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) shrugs

Garrion: i think melty is snoozing… btw it has been 10 minutes since last fight

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Let’s just go, I’m sure Loryc is having much more fun than we are.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “What’s this passage off to the side?”

Garrion: urso heads down the tunnel……

  • Urso continues forward carefully, looking for enemies.

Garrion: it opens up into a chamber…..

Urso: " dead end?"

Garrion: This chamber is filled with clutter and junk. Crates, old weapons, partially assembled suits of armor, statuettes, poorly preserved monstrous trophies, torture instruments, coils of chains, and more are piled ten feet high along the walls, oars and spears and flagpoles and ships’ masts pressing at angles across the room to support one wall with the other.

Tristan (Stan): “treasure room?”

Urso: "not treasure to Urso "

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) takes a look at the stuff in the room

Zindal (aka Ladzin): ←rolls Merchant and gets 8 vs. Skill (9 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 1

Melty: (sorry!)

Garrion: roll per

Melty: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 10 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 3

Zindal (aka Ladzin): A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 8 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 4

Tristan (Stan): A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 12 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 2

Urso: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 12 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

Urso FAILS by 2

Urso: " magic hiding?"

Tristan (Stan): (looking for a guardian…)

Garrion: Stealth rolls 3d6 and gets 12 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Stealth SUCCEEDS by 4

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well I guess we’re going to get ambushed

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Does anything in the room look valuable from my initial glance?

Garrion: Zindal barely makes out an odd shape in the refuse that looks tattered luke the canvas sheets….

Garrion: then it moves and lunges at Urso…..

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Look o—”

  • Mummy prepares to fight! Initiative: 13
  • Urso prepares to fight! Initiative: 21.5

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol a mummy

Tristan (Stan): (great, more undead… and no fire arrows)

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) prepares to fight! Initiative: 17
  • Melty prepares to fight! Initiative: 16
  • Tristan (Stan) prepares to fight! Initiative: 14

Garrion: the initial lunge was a surprise and then we go in init

Tristan (Stan): (maybe that lighting bolt can finally kick some ass)

Mummy:
←Attacks Urso with a Slam
in the Torso
←Rolls 13 vs. Skill 14 (18 with a modifier of -4)

Mummy SUCCEEDS by 1

0 for Torso, -4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Can we leave it off here actually? I have to go into work again tomorrow and I’m wiped

Garrion: sure thing.. let’s do this surprise atk then will start at top of init

Garrion: Urso.. dodge

Garrion: nm

Melty: regains 3 fatigue, and now has 11 FP.

Urso: ( can only dodge or can I parry?)

Garrion: it missed.. it moved and attacked and rolled over 9

Urso: nice

Urso: guess we done then

Urso has received initiative.

Tristan (Stan): glad you took weapon master, going to need it on this thing.

Garrion: ok we stop here and resume next time at the top of the battle

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Cool, I’ll catch you guys later

Urso: why my FP so low?

Melty: Baibai guys~!

Urso: see ya

Tristan (Stan): sounds good. you guys have a good night and lets figure out how we get some magic weapons to deal with crap like this. At least this is probably the forgotten king….

Garrion: dunno

Tristan is disconnected.

Tabris is disconnected.

Garrion: did you use some at one previous battle

Urso: no, maybe from all that damage I took?

Garrion: well that is HP not FP

Garrion: so dunno

Urso: how fast do you recover them? cause we did rest like 10 minutes before right?

Taragnor: normally like 1 FP per 10 mionuites

Taragnor: mages can recover faste rthough

Garrion: plus 10 minutes of walking to get from imp room to here

Urso: I recover x2 as well

Taragnor: yeah your fatst healing thing may help FP as well not sure

Taragnor: so that’d be 1 per 5 min if you get double speed

Garrion: as long as it is recoverable and not due to some effect

Urso: receives -4 fatigue, and now has 2 FP: at half move.

Garrion: i really can’t recall why it would be down… just put it back up to max

Urso: regains 6 fatigue, and now has 8 FP.

Urso: regains 2 fatigue, and now has 10 FP.

Urso: regains 4 fatigue, and now has 14 FP.

Urso: ahve only recently gotten the weapon master that lets me use FP, other then that, I don’t really use it for anything

Garrion: Urso will like this.. something actually stronger than him

Melty: lol, if it’s stronger than Urso it could squish Melty

Urso: heh, rags are not stronger then Urso

Melty: Under its thumb, probably

Urso: well I hit with 21 str.. that pretty good

Mummy: The Arms inflicts 14 cr raw damage.

Garrion: ok saving here

Urso: 14? that 1 more then my Min

Session 21

GURPS on Golarion Garrion