Session 23

Server started; please wait for map to refresh.

Tristan has connected.

Tristan: hola

Garrion: howdy

Tristan: One of my old gaming buddies is running a 5th edition d&d game on Sunday. you had a chance to play the new version yet?

Cedric has connected.

Tristan: Hi there Cedric

Cedric: hey

Tabris has connected.

Tabris: Think G said he was gonna be late

Sachi has connected.

Urso: hey

Sachi: Hihi!

Sefiros has connected.

Sachi: Hiya Sef!

Tristan: One of my old gaming buddies is running a 5th edition d&d game on Sunday. Anyone had a chance to play the new version yet?

Sachi: I haven’t gotten to try it yet

Garrion: hello all

Urso: I did bit a long long time ago

Tabris: Haven’t tried it, haven’t had any interest

Sefiros: T runs a RL game with it

Tristan: I never played the 4th but the 5th is actually pretty good. Streamlined a lot and a lot of the over powered stuff is way powered down (no more 30 a.c.

Garrion: can’t be that long ago, just came out ;)

Sefiros: havent played it, and read virtually nothing about it

Urso: well test thing, proably over a year ago

Sefiros: D&D is virtually dead in my mind lol 4th killed it for me, havent so much as had an interest in even reading anything they make anymore

Tristan: I still like Gurps myself (because it’s universal) but worth a play. they have some free pdf’s if you guys want to download them. let me find the links

Tabris: lol yeah

Tristan: yeah, 4th had a bunch of crap reviews (so I never even played it)

Tabris: 4th ed pretty much took away any desire I had to play D&D

Sefiros: if i wanna play fantasy, i can just use a better system anyways

Sefiros: ie like we’re doing here, or in M&M

Urso: I like it actually

Tristan: free downloads at the bottom of the page with the basics: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

Sefiros: only editions of D&D i would still play are 1st and 2nd

Sefiros: 3rd i’ve just burnt out on, and the others just dont like

Tristan: Gurps is more flexible but if you want that “over the top stuck in a class” fantasy it’s good.

Garrion: that onclude pathfinder?

Tabris: PF is decent enough, I’m curious to see how they translated Tome of Battle

Tristan: I do wich some aspects of Gurps was a little easier to figure (character creation, magic, add numbers instead of subtract) but I still rate it as my favorite because it’s so flexible and can go in any genre

Sefiros: yeah, i mean id play it, but like only if just to hang out with my buddies

Sachi: I really like GURPS a lot~

Sefiros: not because i love 3rd at this point

Sefiros: i played a fuckin decade of it non-stop

Garrion: look at the GURPS monsters I’ve created, haha

Tristan: 3rd edition is one of the best ones i’ve seen. I would say it’s on par with pathfinder.

Sachi: M&M is fun too~ It’s a lot faster to run “cinematic” stuff where you’re not worrying about details

Sefiros: its the same thing pretty much

Tristan: what’s your thoughts G? you liking gurps?

Sefiros: my term for 3rd is pretty broad

Tristan: I personally love it

Sefiros: since ive played 20 gazillion variations, PF, T’s house ruled versions etc

Sefiros: its still all the same to me

Tristan: i wish there was an easy way to combine what’s good about both systems

Tristan: yeah Sef, i’m just happy to be “at the table” =)

Sefiros: its called M&M

Sefiros: that is d20 gurps in some weird sense

Tristan: oh, I thought you were referring to “mutants and masterminds” (or are you?)

Sefiros: i am

Tristan: i’ve heard of it but never played

Tabris: It’s decent, can be difficult to stat up exactly what you want while staying economical on your point usage

Sefiros: its basically sorta like gurps but d20 based

Tabris: But it plays well and is very flexible

Tristan: hoping on amazon to pick up a book now =)

Garrion: ok, everyone here.. i was distracted setting up Ps3 game for kids

Tristan: latest version is 3rd?

Sefiros: its less complex as gurps or anal, but versatile

Sachi: Yeah~ M&M is awesome

Sefiros: basically theyre sorta like diff sides of the same coin

Sachi: 3rd is the latest afaik, 2nd is almost the same

Tabris: Yeah 3rd

Tristan: one question. do they have damage reduction instead of armor class ? I think that is one of the worst aspects of d and d

Sachi: They just changed around a couple stats and did some balance stuff that’s hard to sum up/I don’t remember the details

Sefiros: if you want complexity but flexibility, do gurps, if you want flexibility but simplicity do M&M

Sefiros: thats sorta how i view it

Sachi: M&M has a unique damage system

Garrion: just missing taragnor?

Tabris: Think so

Garrion: well since he is not in spotlight we can go ahead

Urso: heh, don’t need em I guess to start

Sefiros: http://www.d20herosrd.com/

Sefiros: it has an SRD

Sefiros: to tide you over till you get your book

Garrion: so recap….

Tristan: i don’t like that it sounds like it’s based around one genre.. but maybe that’s just the brand

Sefiros: nah you can play whartever with it

Tristan: ok, game on g!

Sefiros: like gurps

Tristan: cool

Sefiros: the name just makes it sound that way

Tristan: don’t want to get side tracked (but thanks for letitng me know)

Garrion: when we left off you had just defeated some creatures in a room with chests. Melty got them open and you all were rummaging through the loot in one of them

Sachi: (M&M damage is basically a saving throw where the “base” for the DC is 15 (instead of 10 like most stuff in d20), and if you fail it you get a -1 penalty on further ones until you rest up; and failing by a greater degree means you take worse penalties, like being dazed or staggered or knocked unconscious)

Garrion: meanwhile Melty was working on the second chest

Sefiros: can just lurk on one of our games one day or something if you wanna check it out

Sachi: Not Aylanae

Sefiros: and ninja looting occured

Sachi: Unless it’s happening while my ADD meds haven’t worn off >.>;

Sachi: I can’t even play that game when they have

Tristan: (cool, send me the info and maybe i’ll be a lurker. my email is williambriceking@gmail.com

Sefiros: you’re just too preoccupied with screwing up, that you freeze up

Sefiros: you gotta realize, no matter what you do, its a screw up in T’s game :-p

Garrion: haha, yeah he really gets off screwing with PCs

Sachi: Yeah but when I think like that I get apathetic ; ;

Garrion: from what i hear ;)

Tristan: lol

Tristan: “anything good in that chest short stack?”

Sefiros: ask the person who just ninja’ed it :-p

Garrion: so i believe when we left off last time Melty blurted out an experlative

  • Tabris turns around to see what Melty is yelling about
  • Sefiros eyes the stranger.
  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) turns around to see what Melty is yelling about

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Well, seems we have company.”

Tristan: *Tristan glances back but is watching the rear

Mina: “What are you?”

Tristan: *and now he turns around….

  • Urso looks up from stuffing stuff into the magic backpack.

Sachi: Yeah hehe

Sachi: I was shouting

  • Mina says looking at the figure, a cross between anger, annoyment, and curiousity.

Urso: (I"m batman )

Garrion: There is a figure that is pulling a potion bottle from her belt…

Garrion: we better call out inits at this point

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) prepares to fight! Initiative: 21

Urso: (heh, shoot that potion out of her hand, probably invis )

  • Lady prepares to fight! Initiative: 14.5
  • Tristan (Stan) prepares to fight! Initiative: 17
  • Mina prepares to fight! Initiative: 15
  • Urso prepares to fight! Initiative: 22.5
  • Melty prepares to fight! Initiative: 18

Garrion: ok, good rolls

Garrion: so in the last moment you all had a chance to spin around at the sound of Melty shouting out… we start with you spinning around and her holding a vial in her hand

Urso has received initiative.

Urso: (which hand?)

Garrion: left.. she is gripping Melty in the right

Cedric is disconnected.

Cedric is disconnected.

Melty: Oh shit she grabbed me?

Mina: yeah

Melty: Physically?

Mina: king kong’ed you

Garrion: Melty, only you know that she picked up the item friom the chest and pocketed it as you yelled out

Melty: Ohhh

Garrion: yes, you are gripped in her fist

Melty: lololol

Cedric has connected.

Garrion: you got no defense cause you did not know she was there

Melty: That’s so adorable I don’t even mind that much

Garrion: oh actually….

Melty: (Though it’s also kind of terrifying cuz she could probably squish me)

Garrion: as you spin make a perc check

  • Urso quick draws his axe, moves forward and fires it at the hand holding the vial. ( using FP to move and fire)

Melty: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 7 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 6

Garrion: those who spin to loo at the sound of melty yelling

Urso: regains 1 fatigue, and now has 14 FP.

Garrion: hold back for a moment urso.. the per results may change action

Urso: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 9 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 1

Mina: you want a per check from all of us or just urso, confused

Zindal (aka Ladzin): A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 8 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 4

Garrion: Urso Mos1

Melty: “Let me go, you chitinous skank!”

Garrion: Zindal MoS 4

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Nice

Garrion: Mina?

Tristan (Stan): A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 7 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 7

Mina: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 13 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of 0)

Mina FAILS by 2

Garrion: Stealth rolls 3d6 and gets 11 vs. Skill (19 with a modifier of 0)

Stealth SUCCEEDS by 8

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Geez

Garrion: ACTUALLY.. you all spin around and see nothing but the alcove and chest

Tristan (Stan): let’s recruit her =)

Urso: ( it invis Melty already?)

Garrion: Tristan MoS 7… close but no cigar

Tristan (Stan): (hopfully melty has some pixie dust)

Tristan (Stan): crap

Garrion: no melty can see her

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol what the hell, how do we not see Melty floating there?

Garrion: as she is gripping melty

Mina: “A chitinous skank….”

Tristan (Stan): lol

Garrion: she is just blended with shadows so well that the others can not see her

Tristan (Stan): is melty wearing a hat?

Garrion: \because she is holding melty and tucked in the shadows of the alcove

Melty: She’s wearing a hooded coat

Tristan (Stan): ok cool

Garrion: but you can still hear melty yelling

Garrion: but you see nothing

  • Urso moves to where Melty was, " Where Melty?"

Urso: (draws axe as well)

Urso: ←rolls Fast Draw Throwing Axe and gets 8 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 7

Urso: ( can I see her better now?)

Garrion: i’ll give you another PEr

Urso: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 16 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

Urso FAILS by 6

Garrion: Fail by 6… no

Zindal (aka Ladzin) has received initiative.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): "What’s going on over there, little one? Where’d you go?

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) heads over to investigate as well

Tristan (Stan): (great idea, let’s stand in the way of arrows)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (lol you can’t see her anyway)

Tristan (Stan): doesn’t mean I wont drop and arrow in a dark alcove =)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 14 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) FAILS by 2

Melty: (I’m excited for you to fail a per check and get janked up cause you’re in her way or somethin)

Garrion: fail by 2

Garrion: Zindal walks over and sees nothing

Garrion: (even with the light)

Garrion: she blends THAT well

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah this is going to be fucking lame, make it through the vault of insanity and find the treasure and then get shanked by some bitch whoring invis

Garrion: not invis

Melty: (I bet it’s gonna turn into a whole caper)

Garrion: (but it does create a question for maelty at least sense she the only one who knows…. how did she now about the crux and why does everyone want it

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) prods at the apparently empty treasure chest with his sword, wondering what was in it and where it went

Melty has received initiative.

Garrion: that damn theaving melty… haha

Garrion: thieving

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I hope Melty has some Faerie Fire or something, lol

Urso: (heh, she probably not gonna yell out if she trying to steal from us )

Tristan (Stan): (working with that shady wizard no doubt!)

Garrion: melty.. you are grappled

Garrion: by a much larger foe

Urso: (heh, zap her with lightning if you can.. you know you can’t miss )

Melty: Hmmmm… Well, I don’t have to move or talk at all to cast air spells…~

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Nice

Tristan (Stan): bring on the lightning

Melty: “Put me down! And quit trying to steal the shit we’re trying to steal… you… dumb… TRIP!”

  • Melty casts Shocking Touch…

Tristan (Stan): lol, your a great pixie…

Melty: (Heh, do I have to make a roll to hit with it since I’m grappled?)

Garrion: think you have casting penalty while grappled

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Man, wish I could react to that and just stab whatever she’s zapping

Melty: Ahh

Mina: make a head high slashing arc and pray you hit?

Melty: :x

Melty: ←rolls Will and gets 7 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of -3)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 4

Melty: Yay~ (That’s what you gotta do if you’re grappled, roll Will -3 )

Garrion: ok, so not mod to casting roll?

Melty: Right, I assume cause I don’t have to “do” anything to cast other than concentrate (and a few gestures or words if it’s less than 20 skill)

Garrion: ok

Melty: (it’s on p. 6 of Magic)

Garrion: i just knew some sort of concentration type thing

Garrion: ok now the castin roll

Melty: Gonna make it… 5 energy (3 w/ discount)

Garrion: -1 cause mainting spell

Melty: No, 6

Melty: ←rolls Air Spells and gets 14 vs. Skill (20 with a modifier of -1)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 5

Urso: nice

Garrion: zap, zap

Urso: blow her hand off

Tristan (Stan): that would be awesome. don’t go just touching pixies…

Melty: That does 27 damage and armor does not protect :3

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Nice

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Very nice

Tristan (Stan): wow

Tristan (Stan): it really could have blown her hand off

Tristan (Stan): (note: don’t steal the pixies stolen loot)

Garrion: but has electric resist… so damage dropped to 22

Melty: Awww

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Laaaame

Tristan (Stan): still, that’s a lot

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Though 22 is still pretty awesome

Urso: still pretty good, enough to drop most of the group

Lady: is reduced 22 HP, and now has -7 HP: at half move.

Melty: Bet that was still a surprise :3

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol, over half her HP

Lady: Major Wound Check

Lady: Lady rolls 3d6 and gets 13 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Lady SUCCEEDS by 0

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I assume we at least see the bright flash of light?

Urso: ( all that damage to the hand, or just goes everywhere?)

Garrion: well this is elect touch shock, not lightning from the sky thing

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh come on

Melty: (The spell description says hit location doesn’t matter)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): It’s friggin 27 points of electric damage

Zindal (aka Ladzin): That has to do SOMETHING

Garrion: so like a really stong static shock

Melty: (I dunno what that means in this case though)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Even static electricity from rubbing your feet on the carpet will make a spark

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And this is like a billion times that

Garrion: and she is enclosed in fist

Garrion: there may be a slamm flash from fist

Garrion: small

Urso: ( should num her hand at least?)

Garrion: you can roll per on your turn to see if you noticed it

Melty: For my second action I’m gonna cast Spasm and try to make her let me go~

Melty: ←rolls Most Spells and gets 10 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of -1)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 5

Melty: That’s resisted by HT

Lady:
HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls HT and gets 5 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Lady SUCCEEDS by 8

Garrion: Success by 8

Melty: Aww

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well, if she doesn’t let you go then you get to zap her again

Tristan (Stan) has received initiative.

Melty: Yeah she may let go by herself on her turn, lol

Tristan (Stan): (ok, did I see the flash and can I react to it? what kind of minus is involved shooting into the dark?)

Garrion: well you are not at prime angle and others in way.. roll per-3

Tristan (Stan): A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 8 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of -3)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 3

Garrion: sucess by 3 but not enough to beat here hide

Garrion: her

Tristan (Stan): ok, shooting into the dark. what are my chances?

Garrion: you do not know anything is there

Tristan (Stan): i heard her scream and say “let go of me” then saw a flash right?

Garrion: you wound not just spontaneously shoot into the dark where friends are standing and they see nothing either

Tristan (Stan): lol, yes I would

Tristan (Stan): but i’ll hold my action when I have a clear shot

Tristan (Stan): “Short Stack! You ok?!”

Mina has received initiative.

Garrion: the flash was just a monmentary flicker of light.. you do not even see a form

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol what the hell kind of voodoo magic is she using that we can’t see the giant spark from a 27 point electrical damage spell

Garrion: same for all of you

Garrion: it is ENCLOSED in her hand

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Dude when an M-80 goes off in your hand you see the flames, this isn’t any different

Tristan (Stan): (no worries, this pixie is going to nuke her ass. I’m pretty sure I would have let go (although I would be dead so that’s a given))

Urso: (heh, shouldn’t we be able to see thru her hand?)

Garrion: except her hand was not blown off

Tristan (Stan): (she’s stupid if she does not let go)

Garrion: well she probably will but her turn not up yet

Tristan (Stan): (unless it’s like an eletctric fence and she can’t…)

Mina: “Alright, whoever, or whatever you are, let my pixie go! Enough of this shit! I’m getting pissed off!” she emotes with her sword angrily as she stomps over to near the chest

Melty: (let my pixie gooooo)

Mina: “I’m the only one who does the groping around here.”

Garrion: mina may make a new PER check

Mina: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 11 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of 0)

Mina SUCCEEDS by 0

Garrion: not good enough

Mina: sorry

Melty: Aww, it’s okay

Mina: how much ceiling space do i have between zindal/ursos head and the roof of this antechamber/alcove thing?

Mina: ie id like to “leap” onto the chest

Melty: Maybe I’ll get kidnapped and she’ll do something kinky to me~

Garrion: ok, sudeenly you see Melty drop out of plain sight

Melty: “Kyaa!”

Mina: is this before I leap onto the chest, or after?

Garrion: you vaguely see a form against the wall blending perfectly and only the movement alerts you to anything different

Garrion: you may leap but Zindal and Urso are in the way

Mina: hence why i asked how much space is above

Garrion: the alcove is only about 10 ft tall

Mina: ok so much for that

Garrion: the main ceiling is quite tall but this is a hollowed out area

Mina: unless i can maybe tuck as i leap and unfurl as i land with an acro check or something

Mina: ie metroid spin jump

Garrion: if you want to say you leap up and do acro to pass in the 4 ft gap between urso’s head and the alcove

Garrion: acro-4

Mina: checking my sheet sec

Garrion: due to the odd trajectory angle and small irregular landing spot

Mina: well if melty is visible now, no need i guess anyways

Garrion: well that is AFTER your turn

Garrion: i jumped ahead

Mina: ok well screw it

Mina: ←rolls Acrobatics and gets 8 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of -4)

Mina FAILS by 2

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol…

Garrion: thinking you werre just moving over

Mina: zindal got koopa stomped

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well so much for keeping her hemmed in

Tristan (Stan): funny mental image (i’m a bad asssaahhhshiiititt)

Mina: didnt realize my acro was so low

Mina: so much for that

Garrion: mina tries to jump in the tight space but misses her aim and ends up crashing into 3

Mina: “Oof…”

Garrion: the alcove but stumbles in the bad landing and falls prone

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) cringes a little…

Mina: “Flat on my back, in a bad way..”

Mina: “Hey, I saw that, you smug fuck.”

  • Mina glares at Zindal.

Tristan (Stan): (you should be used to that… ba dum dump)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah Zindal had her in that same position a couple hours ago in game time

Tristan (Stan): lol

Mina: “THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES!” shakes her empty hand

Garrion: ok, now Melty drops in her lap… or in her cleavage, haha

Tristan (Stan): (yeah, getting that dirty water in your va ja ja probably would hae consequences…)

Mina: we’re not in the soup

Tristan (Stan): I thought there was water where you guys are standing? no?

Garrion: and as melty drops from being released she drinks her potion

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Nope

Tristan (Stan): ok, the “soup” is the green stuff then?

  • Melty landed on something soft~

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yes

Zindal (aka Ladzin): To the north of you

Mina: zindal had to wade the turd stew earlier to get over here

Mina: while i jumped across

Tristan (Stan): ok makes sense. on second thought, I don’t want to stand on the edge of the turd soup….

Garrion: suddenly where you saw only a vague glimps of movent is now a misty fog

Urso: ( we see the stop she became visible again?)

Tristan (Stan): (urso gave me a piggy back)

Urso: (spot)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well, fog I can aim at

Urso has received initiative.

Urso: ( Urso see where Melty became visible?)

Garrion: yes, you saw melty frop from plain sight

Mina: “Huh? Hey!”

  • Mina seems a bit confused.
  • Urso swings about a foot above that spot in a big sweeping blow, trying to hit it.

Garrion: the figure ha s a human form but is insubstantial, misty, and translucent.

  • Mina seems to have her interest perked, wondering if this creature may be a creature of the night similar to herself.

Urso:
←Attacks Lady with a Swing
in the Groin
←Rolls 8 vs. Skill 20 (16 with a modifier of 4)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 12

0 for Groin, 4 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Mina: lol good ole groin

Lady: tries to dodge and rolls a 10 with effective skill 4

Lady FAILS by 6

Urso: The Throwing Axe inflicts 21 cut raw damage.

Tristan (Stan): guess you did not check that roller huh?

Mina: the only piece of armor you need in Gs game is a cod piece

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Garrion: lol

Tristan (Stan): yup, cod pieces for all

Melty: (everyone gotta wear a cup, even the ladies)

Mina: and a dental dam, when with zindal

Tristan (Stan): I guess those lady female armor descriptors are acurate after all

Melty: (lololol)

Melty: (torso and groin)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (lol yeah)

Garrion: your blade slices into the misty form…..

Melty: (the breasts are technically part of the torso so we’re covered)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (Like on that episode of Robotech where the Zentraedi are puzzling over swimsuits, “Maybe those are the only parts of them that are vulnerable to damage!”)

Melty: (hahahaha)

Melty: (DE CULTURE!!)

  • Urso blade cuts thru the mist. " Urso not sure if hit it"

Melty: (the only culture we know is protoculture, motherfucker)

Lady:
HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls HT and gets 11 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Lady SUCCEEDS by 2

Lady: is reduced 2 HP, and now has -9 HP: at half move.

Zindal (aka Ladzin) has received initiative.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Did Urso’s attack seem to do anything to the mist creature?

Urso: (best to use magic if got it)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): That’s why I’m asking the question, lol

Garrion: well it sliced through the mist, but you can not tell that it really did much of anything to it other than swirl the air around some

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well, let’s try out my new sword I guess

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Gonna use the stats for my mundane longsword, but I’m using the one that the Outcast King was wielding

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Drop Mithral Scimitar and Fast Draw, then attack

Zindal (aka Ladzin): ←rolls Fast-Draw (Sword) and gets 9 vs. Skill (18 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 9

Zindal (aka Ladzin): sets aside a trusty Mithral Scimitar.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): readies a trusty Longsword.

Garrion: add 1 to skill and damafge

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Rapid Strike with two swings to center mass (torso)

Tristan (Stan): probably not add 1 to skill because you probably have “bonded” already

Zindal (aka Ladzin):
←Attacks Lady with a Swing
in the torso
←Rolls 10 vs. Skill 21 (23 with a modifier of -2)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 11

0 for torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -2 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin):
←Attacks Lady with a Swing
in the torso
←Rolls 8 vs. Skill 21 (23 with a modifier of -2)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 13

0 for torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -2 miscMod, 0 accMod

Garrion: oh right, cancells out

Tristan (Stan): not that it ever matters =)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, okay, reduce those by 1 then, lol

Lady: tries to dodge and rolls a 8 with effective skill 4

Lady FAILS by 4

Lady: tries to dodge and rolls a 7 with effective skill 4

Lady FAILS by 3

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The Longsword inflicts 12 cut raw damage.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): The Longsword inflicts 15 cut raw damage.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Add 1 to those

Zindal (aka Ladzin): So 13 and 16

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Let’s see how good this new sword is…”

Garrion: swipe swish…. the swords pass through the vaporous form

Lady: is reduced 4 HP, and now has -13 HP: at half move.

Urso: ( melty just needs to blast it again )

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Hm, guess it isn’t Gaseous Form then, that only gives DR 10/magic so a magic sword should be doing full damage

Tristan (Stan): (is it a magic sword or just a nice one?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Beats me

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Just looks nice as far as Zindal knows

Garrion: well it is but it does not give dr10/magic… it creates Body of Air

Zindal (aka Ladzin): But usually nice swords held by huge monsters are magical though

Garrion: which is a diffuse form and has its own damage mods

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Ah, heh

Garrion: a familiar form from d20 experiance but different mechanical functions

Zindal (aka Ladzin): http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WrongGenreSavvy

Zindal (aka Ladzin): ^—Me

Garrion: keep you all on your toes andf not knowing what to expect, haha

Melty has received initiative.

Tristan (Stan): yup, hard to meta game with different rules =)

Urso: ( blast, blast baby)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Tch… Annoying bitch. Blast her to bits, little one.”

Mina: “Hold up…”

Mina: “Now I’m curious.”

Mina: ←rolls Hidden Lore (Undead) and gets 8 vs. Skill (10 with a modifier of 0)

Mina SUCCEEDS by 2

Garrion: Melty catches herself “on the wing”

Melty: “But she took our loot! She’s literally holding our loot!”

Tristan is disconnected.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah, loot stealers must die

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Light that bitch up

  • Mina tries to recall if she knows of anything that might click besides the obvious.

Garrion: mina knows of some undead that can turn vaporous

Tristan has connected.

Garrion: but you do not know if this is the case wich suck little evidence

Garrion: with suck

Garrion: such.. jeesh

Garrion: freudian slip.. vampire, suck, haha

Melty: (I am kinda curious who she is though)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (We can rifle through her possessions after she’s a charred husk)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (Maybe she has a note)

Tristan (Stan): (yeah, check her drivers license)

Garrion: no good assassin or thief carries a note saying who employs them… gosh

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh so she’s an assassin and/or thief, all the more reason to kill her

Garrion: ok, melty what you doing>?

Melty: (Yeah, I’m just not sure how to deal with someone who’s turned into air besides casting Air Jet, so that’s what I’m gonna do :3 )

Garrion: well you are thieves.. that mean we can kill you?

Melty: (Actually)

Mina: inhale her

Mina: urso can do the opposite of supermans super breath and breath her in and fart her out

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Melty: (It just says you can use Shape Air to make gusts of wind and the like… Could I somehow use it to trap her in something? >.> )

Mina: thatd kill an air elemental

Mina: at least

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, that’d be cool… Shape her air into like restraints or something

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Or maybe just park a mini tornado on top of her and let her spin around for a few rounds

Urso: (make a air wall around here and trap her against the ceiling?)

Garrion: no, you can blow her around maybe but not to contain her.. for that you would need some force to hold the air

Garrion: in place

Tristan (Stan): can’t shock her again?

Tristan (Stan): lighting damage may carry over…

Zindal (aka Ladzin): We hope

Garrion: if you had a spell that can contain air in a set static form then that could contain

Melty: (Air Jet is actually more efficient than a lightning spell since she’s in a vaporous form :3 I was just asking)

Garrion: destroy air? now that would be nasty

  • Melty casts Air Jet, firing a gust of compressed air at the shape…

Melty: (hehe yeah :3~ Don’t have it unfortunately)

Garrion: ok, rol it up and spend FP

Melty: (gonna do it for 4 energy, which costs me 2 FP)

Melty: ←rolls Air Spells and gets 10 vs. Skill (20 with a modifier of -1)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 9

Garrion: 8d knockback damage

Melty:
←Attacks Lady with a Beam
in the torso
←Rolls 10 vs. Skill 16 (16 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 6

0 for torso, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Melty: 35

Melty: Whoa

Lady: tries to dodge and rolls a 12 with effective skill 4

Lady FAILS by 8

Melty: I think I overdid it…

Lady: is reduced 35 HP, and now has -48 HP: at half move.
Lady breaches -15 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.
Lady breaches -30 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.
Lady breaches -45 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol awesome

Tristan (Stan): pixie = epic

Melty: It’s injury damage if they’re a swarm or vaporous

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Fuck yeah

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Make her explode into tiny bits

Lady: Death Check

Lady: Lady rolls 3d6 and gets 8 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Lady SUCCEEDS by 5

Lady: Death Check

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Holy shit

Lady: Lady rolls 3d6 and gets 13 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Lady SUCCEEDS by 0

Lady: Death Check

Lady: Lady rolls 3d6 and gets 12 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Lady SUCCEEDS by 1

Melty: Whoa

Tristan (Stan): (note: mist potion does not = invincibility)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Dude

Lady: Major Wound Check

Lady: Lady rolls 3d6 and gets 11 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Lady SUCCEEDS by 2

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol how does she have mod 0 on all of those

Garrion: cause i forgot to add it in

Melty: Heh

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Ahh, heh

Garrion: but the death check is not actually modded.. i had done that wrong in the past.. it is a straight HT roll

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol wow

Garrion: it is the collasping on turn roll that is modded for every full HP below 0

Garrion: Roll again each time you suffer injury equal to a further multiple of your HP, whether as a result of one wound or many. For instance, if you have 11 HP, you must roll to avoid death at -11 HP. If you survive, you must roll again at -22 HP, -33 HP, and so on . . .

Melty: (lol jeez… o.o )

Garrion: 0 HP or less – You are in immediate danger of collapse. In addition to the above effects, make a HT roll at the start of your next turn, at -1 per full multiple of HP below zero.

Tristan (Stan): save vs explode into tiny bits

Tristan (Stan): brb

Garrion: so anyway.. she somehow manages to survive throuigh that

Tristan (Stan) has received initiative.

Garrion: wait action

Mina has received initiative.

Melty: “I warned you! If you survived that somehow… And my friends don’t kill you first… Give us back our shit!”

Mina: “Are you a vampire?” she asks curiously

Mina: “Look, your best chance of accomplishing whatever it is you hope is, trying to have some kind of dialogue with me, before my companions here just keep succeeding until they eventually destroy you, they’re both idiotic, and persistent.”

Garrion: anything else or just the question?

Mina: yeah just trying to social her into saying anything

Tristan (Stan): back

  • Mina gives the creature a fanged smile, hoping it might aid in her attempt to communicate.

Mina: “Come on, speak.”

Mina: “Fine, kill it.” she shrugs.

Melty: (Hehe, does it take a round to make an intimidation check? Also you can only speak on your turn in GURPS)

Tristan (Stan): (i’m amazed it’s not dead already)

Garrion: it can’t talk til its turn.. if it can talk in this form at all

Melty: (We’re a little stricter about it cause it’s only 1 second turns)

Garrion: ((would have to look at the skill for time from on the check

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (Yeah, makes it a little harder to get in those dramatic monologues)

Urso: (more of a dramatic tweet )

Garrion: well out of init you could.. if you all dropped out and all agreedto wait for dialogue

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well let’s see what she does on her turn, heh

Melty: (brb, gotta get a snack~)

Garrion: haha your size mod goes into intimidation

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Zindal (aka Ladzin): It does say up to +4 if you’ve done something like a display of strength or magical prowess

Garrion: yep

Garrion: i would give her +4 for the spells she has done

Garrion: impressive

Garrion: it does not state time frame, i guess that depends on situation and RP

Melty: (Ahaha lol)

Garrion: in this case i would let Melty make an intimidation roll as incidental and a part of her boasting with her normal actions

Melty: (That’s still a net -2~)

Melty: ←rolls Intimidation and gets 12 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of -2)

Melty FAILS by 1

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Aw

Melty: Aww

Urso: luck?

Melty: lol, I guess a 6-inch pixie just isn’t that intimidating even after she blows someone the hell up

Melty: Can’t

Tristan (Stan): (would she get a bonus for having a full party of armed companions?)

Melty: Mine is defensive

Garrion: if you were interogating and trying to intimidate that would take a longer period of time than just 1 second

Melty: So I can only use it to react to stuff that would harm me (I think technically I could use it to save something important like my wand too)

Garrion: ok, it her turn now…

Garrion: she just turns to face mina as the question is asked and starts to float up a little and out into the cavern

Urso: (heh, fly up and keep pounding her into the ceiling until it drops)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (Yeah, if she’s trying to escape with our treasure then no mercy)

Urso: ( or side wall if it closer )

Garrion: can’t find elevation….

Garrion: she moves up 1 yard

Garrion: and out 1 yard

Garrion: oh actually, move is halved

Garrion: so just up 1 yard

Urso: ( slam her against teh wall, do n’th ave to push her as far )

Mina: gonna grab some grub, brb

Urso: ( might as well just skip to Melty turn, rest of us can’t do anything)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I can swipe ineffectually!

Tristan (Stan): *tristan tries to look like he’s not a threat as this thing is still alive and he can’t do anything to hurt it…

Mina: thats what viagras for zindal

Urso has received initiative.

Garrion: ok, skip to melty is the call for all?

Zindal (aka Ladzin) has received initiative.

Melty has received initiative.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “If she has what we came here for, then show her no mercy. Either she drops it or she dies.”

Urso: " come back and face Urso, monster"

Melty: Hehe~

Urso: (yes)

  • Melty casts her spell again, not exerting effort this time… (2 energy, 0 cost)

Melty: ←rolls Air Spells and gets 11 vs. Skill (20 with a modifier of -1)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 8

Lady: tries to dodge and rolls a 10 with effective skill 4

Lady FAILS by 6

Melty:
←Attacks Lady with a Beam
in the Left Arm
←Rolls 8 vs. Skill 16 (16 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 8

0 for Left Arm, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “I haven’t waded through filth and suffered the whims of madmen to have my prize snatched away by some potion swilling bitch.”

Melty: Damage: 17

Urso: (bummer)

Garrion: the air blast bursts through her form like an arrow

Lady: is reduced 17 HP, and now has -65 HP: at half move.
Lady breaches -60 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.

Lady: Death Check

Lady: Lady rolls 3d6 and gets 10 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Lady SUCCEEDS by 3

Urso: son of a

Lady:
HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls HT and gets 15 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Lady FAILS by 2

Urso: shouldn’t those get harder each time?

Lady: Major Wound Check

Lady: Lady rolls 3d6 and gets 10 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Lady SUCCEEDS by 3

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol you’d think

Zindal (aka Ladzin): But apparently not

Tristan (Stan): i’m going to shoot an arrow at her because I can’t do anything else (and dont’ know much about magic)

Garrion: i forgot her collasping roll on her turn

Tristan (Stan): and i’m shooting up now

Garrion: she failed

Tristan (Stan): (after collapse role)

Tristan (Stan): nice

Garrion: that one does get harder

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh, so she’s a mound of immobile mist right now?

Melty: “Tch… I guess if I didn’t have a little respect by now I’d be as big an asshole as the huma— the government.”

Garrion: actually, i’m going to say that as soon as she collapses the spell ends

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Awesome

Garrion: she matyerializes and falls to the ground

Garrion: thud….

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Urso, restrain her.”

Urso: " good job Melty"

Tristan (Stan): “awww… I wanted to shoot her. Guess we can hear what she has to say”

Garrion: her body is torn to shreds by the spells but somehow she is still breathing

  • Urso steps on her neck.

Tristan (Stan): “Short stack, are you like the most powerful pixie wizard of all time or are all of your kind bad asses?”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) starts rifling through her clothes and her pouches or packs, looking for their treasure

Urso: ( just to hold her down, not crush it )

Garrion: you find the crux in her pocket

Urso: " you move, Urso crush "

Melty: (lol you might kill her, as hurt as she is)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “There we are… Safe and sound.”

Garrion: along with these items on her person…..

  • Melty strikes a pose and puffs her chest out.
  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) kneels down and strokes Melty’s hair with a grin, “Good job, little one. You’re the best.”

Melty: “Well, of course I’m the most powerful being in Westcrown… I obviously can’t rule out there being better pixie wizards completely…”

Garrion: 5 vials of thick goo, 5 potions; Other Gear leather armor, short sword, masterwork hand crossbow with 20 bolts, hat, bejeweled bust of Asmodeus worth ? gp

Urso: " YOu wish to talk to it, or Urso crush, melty?"

Garrion: melty roll 3 per checks

Tristan (Stan): "i guess i’ll have to stop calling you short stack now…. how does “Pixasaurus” sound?"

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) looks her over after looting her… “She’s not my type, do whatever you want with her.”

Mina: “Whatever?”

  • Mina ponders.

Melty: “What kinda person is she anyway?”

Tristan (Stan): (does this person look like a human or osmething else?)

Melty: ←rolls Encyclopedist! and gets 8 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 4

Mina: “That’s what I would like to know.”

Garrion: she is wearing a devilish looking mask

Garrion: face armor

Mina: “Perhaps a tiefling of some type would be my guess.”

Melty: “No, I think that’s a mask.”

Garrion: have to pull it off to tell

  • Melty starts trying to lift it off…

Melty: (do I gotta do anything to stabilize her from dying? Like if we wanna try to interrogate?)

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) sheathes the magical longsword and picks up the Mithral Scimitar again

Zindal (aka Ladzin): sets aside a trusty Longsword.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): picks up a trusty Longsword.

Urso: " Urso help," He reaches down and pullls the mask off, not gently.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): picks up a trusty Mithral Scimitar.

Mina: when did you get a magical longsword?

Garrion: underneath her mask ridges and barely visible under her thick red locks you see tiny little horns

Zindal (aka Ladzin): readies a trusty Mithral Scimitar.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Outcast King had it apparently

Zindal (aka Ladzin): It’s the one it was using

Mina: oh i thought that was the scimitar

Mina: my bad

Zindal (aka Ladzin): No that was earlier

Garrion: found scimitar in the junk room

  • Mina kneels down next to the figure, examining her along with Melty.
  • Urso tosses all teh loot into his magic backpack.

Melty: “Fiendish blood…”

  • Melty makes a face.

Garrion: i need 3 PER rolls from Melty as you loot items

Mina: “As I said.”

Tristan (Stan): “seems to be a shortage of magic bows in dungeons”

Melty: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 4 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Melty CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 9

Melty: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 12 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 1

Tristan (Stan): “but not Pixasaurus!”

Melty: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 12 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Melty SUCCEEDS by 1

Garrion: you sense a magic aura from 3 of the items

Mina: “So what exactly did she steal?”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): picks up a trusty Magic Longsword.

Mina: “Did you see what it was she was after?”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “This.”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) holds up the Chelish Crux (I assume that’s what it was)

Melty: “That.”

Urso: ( which three?)

  • Melty points to the thing Zindal is holding up

Garrion: you sense magic on the armor, the sword and the hat

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “It’s what we were sent here to retrieve, as I recall. Something about Pathfinder lodges and stopping shadow creatures from eating everyone, pretty standard tripe.”

Urso: " so time to leave?"

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Yeah, once we decide what to do with this bitch.”

Garrion: encylopedist roll was for?

Garrion: race?

Mina: “Ah yes, your silly little quest.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Trying to figure out what race the lady is I think

Garrion: teifling

Tristan (Stan): “either question her or cut her head off… or both”

Mina: “Loryc mentioned something about that, but to be honest, I wasn’t paying much attention.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “I’m only in it for the coin… Which we’ve managed to make a decent haul of, though with a lot more hassle than I’d like.”

Mina: “Now now, no need to be so violent.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Speaking of Loryc, I’m sure he’s wondering what’s become of us. The faster option is to kill this little annoyance so we can get out of here and slip out of the mayor’s mansion while everyone is still in a drunken stupor.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “But, you know, whatever. I’m fine with cutting them all down too.”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) shrugs

Melty: “I barely even remember why we went in here other than Loryc said it was rich stuff…”

Melty: “This had better be worth it.”

Garrion: the armor is made of leather but it is black with strips of blood red in it

Garrion: very mina-ish

  • Urso shrug, " urso like to know who sent her, but doesn’t matter too much"
  • Mina reaches into her gear and pulls out various diameters and lengths of rope, examining them like a collector. “Hmmm, which to use.”

Garrion: ball gag too?

Mina: “Hands off, she’s my haul of the treasure.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

  • Mina smirks.
  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) smirks

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Unusual taste… But we all have our preferences I suppose.”

Tristan (Stan): “this just got interesting….”

Melty: (btw I forget, do you need to stabilize dying people like you do in D&D? If so I’ll do it if I can with my magic, since Mina’s taking a hostage)

  • Melty lands on Mina’s shoulder and nuzzles her neck.

Tristan (Stan): “so, next time we are in need of cash let’s just rob some nobles. Seems like a lot less effort”

Garrion: no, i have not instituted the Bleading rules yet, adds complexity

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) goes back to the other chest and checks it out again, making sure they grabbed everything

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “I agree…”

Mina: trying to find my rope skill on my sheet

Tristan (Stan): “or we can just have Zindal challenge idiots to sword fights”

Garrion: she is just bneat to a pul and will stay that way till she recovers

Tristan (Stan): “maybe put a reward to the person that can beat him…. let them come to us and throw away their gold” (nods to Zindal in respect)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Heh… Could be amusing. Betting coin to see who can survive more than one exchange?”

Tristan (Stan): “or, maybe Mina can open a dungeon that people can pay to visit. now that’s fun…”

Cedric is disconnected.

Garrion: Failure by 5 or more on a knockdown roll, a failed HT roll to stay conscious at 0 HP or less, and many other things (e.g., certain critical hits) can leave you unconscious. It is up to the GM to decide whether you are truly unconscious or just totally incapacitated by pain and injury – but either way, you can’t do anything. You recover as follows: • If you have 1 or more HP remaining, you awaken automatically in 15 minutes. • At 0 HP or worse, but above -1¥HP, make a HT roll to awaken every hour. Once you succeed, you can act normally. You do not have to roll against HT every second to remain conscious unless you receive new injury. But since you are below 1/3 your HP, you are at half Move and Dodge. • At -1¥HP or below, you are in bad shape. You get a single HT roll to awaken after 12 hours. If you succeed, you regain consciousness and can act as described above. But if you fail, you won’t regain consciousness without medical treatment – use the rules given under Stabilizing a Mortal Wound (p. 424). Until you receive help, you must roll vs. HT every 12 hours; if you fail, you die.

Cedric has connected.

Mina: ←rolls Knot-Tying and gets 8 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Mina SUCCEEDS by 5

Melty: “Oooo, yeah… Maybe we can get Satomi to do the books.”

Melty: “Honestly I can just remember everything, but people don’t trust me to do that with finances cause they’re racist.”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) wonders if it’s more because of Melty’s penchant for stealing shiny objects, but decides not to say anything

Garrion: so without care she may die from wounds but not immadiately

Melty: (It definitely is)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Hehe

Tristan (Stan): (to Melty) “those racist bitches”

Urso: ( ( trist can probably heal check her ))

  • Mina ties her up good, but a little suggestive in her choice of details.

Tristan (Stan): i’ll try to bandage her up

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Hm… All right, I think we’ve cleaned this place out. Let’s get the hell out of here.”

Garrion: ok, yiou biund her up.. taking her out with you, questioning here?

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls First Aid and gets 12 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 0

Tristan (Stan): close call

Melty: (Mina and I are taking her with us :3~ )

Taragnor has connected.

Urso: " can’t walk out of party with hostage"

Garrion: howdy taragnor

Melty: Hiya T! We just kidnapped a girl

Urso: (hey)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol, yeah Mina claimed her as her part of the treasure

Tristan (Stan): roll5

Zindal (aka Ladzin): So apparently we’re taking her with us

Tristan (Stan): (1d5 -1 right?)

Taragnor: sorry accidentally overslept.

Mina: yeah she got shibari’ed

Zindal (aka Ladzin): 1d6-1

Taragnor: Laid down for a nap at like 4 PM or something, and woke up now.

Tristan (Stan): cool, max

Melty: I almost did that

Melty: I didn’t get a lotta sleep last night

Tristan (Stan): 5hp

  • Urso tosses her on his shoulder , " Urso think is time to leave "
  • Mina plops her over her shoulder like a fresh deer.

Garrion: we TL3… 1d6-3

Tristan (Stan): ok, then 3 hp

Tristan (Stan): still max

Garrion: takes 30 minutes

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I almost did that too, I haven’t gotten a lot of sleep in the last…. like 11 days

Sefiros is disconnected.

Taragnor: Yeah, no idea why I slept that long.

Tristan (Stan): ok, i’m ok with 30 if everyone else is

Garrion: that for full aid though.. you can bangae quickly healing a single point

Tristan (Stan): “Geeze Pixasaurus, that air spell blast the shit out of her… impressive.”

Sefiros has connected.

Taragnor: I mean I didn’t sleep that great last night, but it wasn’t like… 6 hours worth of missed sleep

Garrion: Bandaging It takes one minute to apply pressure or a tourniquet to stop bleeding. This restores 1 HP. Using the Bleeding rule (p. 420), someone who is wounded but receives a successful First Aid roll within one minute of his injury loses no HP to bleeding. A later roll will prevent further HP loss.

Tristan (Stan): ok, whatever works. I could care less if she dies

Urso: since pt is enough, just enough to stop her bleeding

Tristan (Stan): ok

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah heh

Zindal (aka Ladzin): No need to get fancy with her

Lady: regains 1 HP, and now has -64 HP: at half move.

Tristan (Stan): “she could probably use a bit more help than that but she tried to steal our shit so fuck her”

Garrion: 75

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “I suspect that part will come later.”

Urso: " no help too much, she might come to and try to run or make noise "

Melty: “Heheheh… You’d be surprised how many people think turning into a gas will save them.”

Tristan (Stan): “looks like Mina’s dungeon is starting to take shape”

Garrion: 10 more points and she would have died outright

Sefiros: “Well, I did previously.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

  • Sefiros says looking to Melty.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Come on, let’s move this discussion to somewhere that isn’t a now empty treasure vault full of shit.”

Tristan (Stan): “sure worked agaist our swords”

Urso: (double check the chests are all cleaned out and lets get out of here.. only that one item in that other chest?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Far as I know

Melty: “That’s why I’m the ultimate devilbane.”

Garrion: yep.. double checking

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Zindal has been going through everything to make sure we don’t miss anything

Sefiros: “Are you calling me a devil, you little shit!”

Sefiros: “I’ll pull your wings off.”

Tristan (Stan): *Tristan looks at the shit water … sad that Urso cannot give him a piggy back

Melty: “Huh? No way!”

Garrion: The other chest contains only one object—the Chelish Crux. This strange and baffling object appears as a wooden and metal dodecahedron (similar in shape to a d12) that measures about 6 inches in diameter— each face of the crux is carved with a different rune, and when one looks upon the thing, the observer has the unsettling sensation that he can see too many or too few sides at once.

Melty: “I’m just saying I’m better than a dozen swordsmen and archers. Present company excluded.”

  • Sefiros gives Melty a quick glare, then proceeds over to the edge of the muck pool with her prisoner draped over her shoulder.

Melty: “I mean… In the sense that I’m probably not better than a dozen of you.”

Tristan (Stan): “I don’t take offense to that. I can’t fly, turn invisable or shoot lightly. Hell, you got me beat”

  • Urso follows the others out of here.

Garrion: as you enter the muck give me two HT rolls one at -1 and the other at -3

Urso: (again?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, didn’t we already make those to get over here?

Mina: “Yeah yeah, sure.”

Garrion: yes, each time exposed to it

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Geez

Zindal (aka Ladzin): ←rolls HT and gets 9 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of -1)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 3

  • Mina grumbles.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): ←rolls HT and gets 11 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of -3)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) FAILS by 1

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Luck on that one

Zindal (aka Ladzin): ←rolls HT and gets 12 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of -3)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) FAILS by 2

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls HT and gets 9 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of -1)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 2

Zindal (aka Ladzin): ←rolls HT and gets 12 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of -3)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) FAILS by 2

Urso: ←rolls HT and gets 16 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of -2)

Urso FAILS by 4

Zindal (aka Ladzin): WEll shit

Tristan (Stan): ←rolls HT and gets 6 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of -3)

Tristan (Stan) SUCCEEDS by 3

Urso: ←rolls HT and gets 10 vs. Skill (14 with a modifier of 0)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 4

Garrion: literally

Tristan (Stan): double win homie

Tristan (Stan): guess i’ve trudged through some swamps in my time…

Tristan (Stan): “so, we are all going to smell like shit back at the party… a bit suspecious”

  • Mina seems a little sensitive about any potential jabs as to her parentage.

Garrion: ok urso and zindal both fail the harder one

Urso: (think I failed one of each )

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Hopefully they’ll be too drunk to notice.”

Tristan (Stan): “not loooking so good urso”

Mina: “Urso smells like shit all the time.”

Tristan (Stan): (lol, waiting for Urso to say "urso smell like shit:)

  • Mina takes a few yards dash and leaps back across the sewage.

Tristan (Stan): (don’t fail that acro)

Mina: dont have to roll

Tristan (Stan): face first in the poo pile

Mina: i got super jump

Tristan (Stan): oh, that’s better

Mina: just routine jump nothing special

Tristan (Stan): if I was gm I would still make you roll to know fumble =)

Mina: might as well just buy jumping skill then

Tristan (Stan): pretty sure you have jumping beat

Urso: (hope there a short cut to get out of here )

Garrion: haha, well it a simple jump.. if was pressed for time or something special then may have roll

Mina: “You guys loading that stuff up or what?”

Mina: “I’ve got my haul.”

Melty: “We got that bag.”

Urso: " Urso put in bag"

Tristan (Stan): “urso has a magic backpack and Zindal is starting a sword collection”

Garrion: well bag only holds so much, even being magic

Mina: “Alright, I’ll keep an eye out while you guys play shit gondaleer.”

Garrion: many items you will have to hand carry

Urso: ( urso will take mainly the coin, probably smallest but heaviest stuff)

Tristan (Stan): free pdf of mutants and masterminds (in case you want to see if you want to buy the hard copy). http://cs.selu.edu/~cpierson/Files/Mutants%20and%20masterminds%20Core%20Rules%203E.pdf

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah the coin gets priority

Garrion: 3

Garrion: 1

  • Melty rests in Mina’s cleavage or maybe inside their hostage’s armor

Tristan (Stan): “i have some room in my pack but would like to keep my hands free for my bow”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Can probably fit that scarab in the bag too

Tristan (Stan): “i’m not carrying that scarab though. that thing is probably cursed”

Urso: (ya, put the magic doohichie thing in there, better to hide it )

Taragnor: although… you know… I wonder how that magic bag will interact with the anti-magic aura of the manor…

Taragnor: be kinda embarassing to spill all our crap at the front door.

Garrion: you talking about the pendant in the box?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah that thing

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I thought you said it was a scarab, maybe I’m mis-remembering

Taragnor: Though if it’s like a normal D&D bag of holding I think dispelling it just prevents you from accessing the extradimensional space as opposed to causing it to pour out

Urso: ( the think the pathfinders are looking for )

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Or maybe somebody else called it that

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah heh, dispelling a Bag of Holding just keeps you from accessing the extradimensional part

Garrion: no i called it a pendant… but in d20 terms it is a scarab

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Ah okay

Taragnor: yeah, wasn’t sure if that’s how it worked in GURPS too.

Garrion: ok, so you all heading out the way you came in?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yup

Cedric is disconnected.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Don’t know any other ways out

Garrion: any further exploration?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Although actually, I think there was one room we didn’t check

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Wasn’t there?

Garrion: who carrying chick?

Cedric has connected.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Mina is

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah, there’s another door we didn’t check

Taragnor: SHe’s gonna be kinda hard to get out the front door… lol.

Tristan (Stan): funny thought … mina stealing a teifling

Garrion: ok, mina burdened with her load then.. moving a bit slower

Melty: (You gotta make her invisible)

Taragnor: that’ll work until we step outside the anit-magic barrier

Taragnor: the one that dispels all my shit.

Taragnor: I mean we’d have to pass her up a chimney and fly her out.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Hm…”

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) stops as he notices the door that they didn’t check before

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Better make sure we don’t miss anything.”

Garrion: As you pass the way yo came… Zindal stops

  • Urso readies himself.

Garrion: door unlocked

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) tries the door

Urso: " Maybe shortcut, Urso hopes"

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh, more doors, yay

Garrion: The far wall of this otherwise empty chamber is fitted with three wooden doorways. The left doorway is decorated with a carving of a book, the central doorway a carving of a glaive, and the right doorway a carving of an unholy symbol bearing a pentagram.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh, that sounds familiar

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Hm… This seems like some kind of puzzle…”

  • Urso head starts to hurt.
  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) takes the glaive he grabbed from the demon they killed earlier and touches it to the door marked with the glaive inscription

Urso: " Urso no like puzzles "

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “I do… Sometimes they lead to treasure.”

Garrion: will save

Zindal (aka Ladzin): ←rolls Will and gets 11 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal (aka Ladzin) SUCCEEDS by 2

Mina: “I’d wager the odds lean towards death traps over treasure.”

Garrion: Something in your mind tells you that if you open this door you can tell it to open to any place that you know of.

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) grins suddenly….

Mina: mina underwear drawer would be melty’s choice

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Melty: Yesh :3

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Hey, how’d you guys like to ditch Loryc and just go straight back to our digs?”

Mina: would be like scrooge mcduck swimming in his coins

Garrion: haha, now that wold be funny as hell

Garrion: leave loryc waiting at the mirror all night

  • Urso shrugs.

Taragnor: yeah Loryc would be pretty pissed about that one…

Urso: ( Melty could fly out all invis and let em know we gone, assuming this thing works)

Garrion: after all it is already 0200 and the party was over long ago

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) grabs the door and opens it while concentrating on the main sitting room of the place in town that they’re all staying at

Mina: “Oh boy….”

Garrion: last meal served at midnight

Taragnor: heh well apparently they haven’t kicked me out yet. which is good.

Urso: " at least could dump off prisoner and some loot"

  • Mina holds her breath.

Garrion: well you are at the mirror waiting

Garrion: never wnet back down did you?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Do I get to reenact Poltergeist or what?

Urso: (probabaly half of them are just crashing for the night there anyway )

Garrion: beyond the door you see the main sitting room of your place

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Now that’s convenient. Let’s go.”

Urso: " maybe Melty fly back and tell Loryc?"

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) shrugs

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Yeah, sure, whatever I guess.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Let’s just get the hell out of here.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Beats trying to sneak back out through the mayor’s mansion.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Or the rest of this dungeon.”

Mina: “Nice Zindal.”

  • Urso nods and leads the way thru the mirror, going slowly.

Urso: ( door )

  • Mina pats him on the rear as she walks by.
  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) grins

Garrion: mirror or door?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “I live to serve, m’lady.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): He meant the door

Urso: (door, think zindal oppened )

Garrion: ok all taking door or anyone going back to Loryc?

Mina: “You haven’t did much serving yet, but we’ll get to that later.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “I look forward to it.”

Melty: (Sorry lol)

Melty: (I’m getting lseepy)

Melty: (sleepy*

Mina: “Oh I’m sure you will.” she says glancing to her pet, and back to Zindal.

Urso: ( melty will?)

Melty: “Yeah, I guess someone oughta go tell him.”

Melty: “I’m harder to spot…”

Urso: " go quick and let him know"

Garrion: ok, melty heading back alone?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “You can just sneak back into the mansion again the same way you got in before.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Come with us.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “No reason to try to navigate this hellhole on your own.”

Melty: (That may actually be faster)

Urso: (ya, that probably safer )

Mina: “Yeah he has a good point.”

Melty: (I do remember the layout perfectly)

Urso: ( don’t have some sort of communication spell you can just cast to talk to him?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): We’re on a different plane right now, need to leave the dungeon first

Garrion: ok, so all going through the door then and melty sneak in through chimney or something?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah, that’s a nice clean escape

Urso: (wel once we back can use spell then?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Sure, whatever, let’s just get the fuck out of this dungeon, lol

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) ushers everyone through the door and then follows after them

Melty: (Yesh~)

Garrion: well i think everyone is already out, except melty

Melty: (Yeah I’ll follow them)

Melty: (Way easier than sneaking all the way back through, unless based on my perfect memory I think it’s not >.> )

Garrion: ok you all go through and you are safe and sound in the common room of zindal’s place

Tristan (Stan): “so, how do we get rid of the shit smell?”

Tristan (Stan): “got any magic for that pixasaurus?”

Garrion: the place is vacant save for a few bobbing heads at the bar

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “We city dwellers have this amazing concept called bathing.”

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “You should try it.”

Tristan (Stan): *gives zindal a stank look

Tristan (Stan): “I meant in the short term…”

Garrion: fortunately for you none of them seem too care about paying any attention to who is there at this hour

  • Zindal (aka Ladzin) shrugs

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Sometimes the only way is the hard way.”

Garrion: ok, sneaking up to zindal’s room and all crashing there or braving the night to get back to own places?

Urso: ( we have room here? or zindal does?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I figured we were all staying in the same place anyway, heh

Urso: (na, crash there )

Garrion: i dunno what your areangements are, never nailed it down

Urso: ( well we ahve different life style costs.. though now that we have more cash, might be better to all be in the same place )

Garrion: i know Satomi had her own place you met at

Melty: “I can purify water but not really move it around so much.”

Taragnor: yeah we have diff living arrangements.

Garrion: but the rest of you all have basic col

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah I mean whatever the others want to do, I’m heading back to my room and dropping off treasure and gear and then drawing up whatever passes for a hot bath

Garrion: ’cost of living

Zindal (aka Ladzin): If I can hire a hot chick to help sponge me down I totally will

Urso: ( we can stay here tonight, then figure stuff out later )

Garrion: not at this hour

Urso: " Head up so Melty can let Loryc know?"

Melty: (Are the evil shadows capable of flight that I know of?)

Melty: (If they are I woulda gone back >.>; I forgot completeyl about them)

Garrion: ok so all of you cram into zindal’s small room at the inn and make sleeping arrangments.. and your unconscious prisoner

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Loryc can take care of himself, what are you so concerned about him for?”

Urso: (pretty sure the evil shadow was that first thing we fought in that dungeon, wasn’t too bad )

Tristan (Stan): brb

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “Stupid asshole sent us on a wild goose chase through hell for not nearly enough treasure in compensation, screw ’im.”

Garrion: yes, they were floating in air

  • Urso will sleep on the floor.
  • Urso shrugs, " best get him back here" (Urso does that protect group memebers thing)

Taragnor: guess you guys don’t want that big chest of gold in the lower level treasury…

Garrion: haha, guess not

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol, well technically we don’t know about that…

Zindal (aka Ladzin): But yeah Zindal would totally want it, heh

Melty: (do I?)

Garrion: no

Melty: (I’m sorry, I’m REALLY tired atm)

Taragnor: You know I was loking for it.

Taragnor: You don’tknow what was in it

Tristan (Stan): back

Melty: (I don’t really remember/know anything >.>; )

Urso: ( just do a spell if you want Melty? if you can )

Taragnor: I mean that’s why I remained out of the mirror to go find it

Garrion: only loryc found it… it was not in the vault like you thought everything was

Taragnor: Of course you don’t know what it was I found.

Melty: (Yeah that’s sorta why I said I was going back wfor him)

Taragnor: well I knew there was a treasure room on the first floor from reading the mayor’s mind

Taragnor: And they’d know I was looking for that while they were in the mirror.

Tristan (Stan): “yeah, that wizard wasn’t any help at all”

Melty: (He was supposed to be looking for stuff)

Garrion: rigt but they don;t know if you did or not

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “I suppose I’m curious if he ever found anything else in the mayor’s place worth taking….”

Garrion: ok, so the queston now is how long does loryc wait before going in loking for them?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): “I guess send him a message and let him know we’re back here.”

Melty: (I really do want to go back for him, whether it’s through the night or by going back through the )

Melty: (I SAID I was going to get him)

Melty: (a couple times)

Garrion: i know.. but then went through door to the inn

Melty: (U-9u7q-9438 n

Melty: (fuck me then)\

Melty: (I said I forgot about the shadow monster)

Garrion: and wondering if loryc would have waiting 2 hours after the last meal

Melty: (That was in the night)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah I forgot about that too, I didn’t think they flew

Melty: (Yeah me either, and remember Melty doesn’t forget ANYTHING)

Urso: ( can they see invis? I doubt it?)

Taragnor: I don’t think anyone really knows what they do.

Taragnor: Since nobody has seen them.

Garrion: wold he have gone in looking for you or waited till morning or left to go home and forget you all?

Taragnor: About all we realyl know si that light keeps em away (well at least that’s the prevailing rumor)

Garrion: it is his spotlight now

Melty: Am I not going>?

Melty: If you’re telling me I’m not going back for him I’m going to bed cause I’m really tired

Garrion: he gets to choose what he did during those 2 hours

Melty: That’s not what I want to do but I don’t care anymore, I’m tired

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I think G is wondering what Loryc would have done while waiting for us, it’s not a question of if you’re going back for him or not

Melty: Oh

Melty: I’m sorry

Urso: ( you can

Urso: ( you can’t magic up a spell to tell him we are back Melty?)

Melty: I seriously didn’t know

Melty: (Nope)

Taragnor: Well I mean I’d probably have kept waiting, since anthing that’d kil them would pretty much wreck me. so a rescue mission is kinda out of the question…

Melty: (I can’t)

Taragnor: I would try to activate the mirror and throw soemthing in.

Taragnor: like a rock or something

Taragnor: If it’s psosible to do that.

Garrion: ok, if loryc would have waited unspecified time frame then he is just sitting there

Melty: (I have to go tell him)

Taragnor: just to show em I’m on the other side if they can’t acvitate it from that end.

Taragnor: Yeah, unless they’re throwing people out of the manor…

Taragnor: I’d probably just keep waiting.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And eventually Melty comes back to get him

Taragnor: I mean I wouldn’t want to bail on em, but as far as going in on a rescue… I’m kinda screwed.

Garrion: well if tey are tossing people out they would not be looking for you in the attic

Taragnor: Well if they’re tossing people out it’s gonna be a problem since my illusions are gonna dissipate when they go outside the anti-magic barrier.

Taragnor: So if I feel one of my spells get dispelled

Taragnor: Well my creations actually, since they’re physical.

Garrion: Melty.. you have to go get him.. you change mind at the last minute and pass back through the door and back into the vault

Taragnor: So if I feel one of those get dispelled, I’ll know that shit hit the fan.

Taragnor: In that case I might end up going into the portal to try to warn em.

Garrion: (the portal seems to still be open for the time being)

Taragnor: If not, I’ll probably just wait and be pretty worried about them the whole time.

Melty: (Sorry ; ; I didn’t get a lotta sleep and I didn’t take a nap like T did so my mind is gone)

Garrion: oops

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Let’s just fast forward this, heh

Garrion: Those on the other side of the door simply see it open as if on its own, and as a character steps through, he appears as if from thin air on the other side—he cannot reenter the Asmodean Knot in this manner.

Tristan (Stan): what time is it where you are melty?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And pick up next session

Garrion: so you pause just before entering

Urso: I"m good stopping here

Garrion: and turn back to get Loryc as the others went through

Garrion: i would like to wrap this up.. this the finaly

Melty: midnight

Garrion: finale

Tristan (Stan): same here

Tristan (Stan): midnight

Melty: been up since 7

Tristan (Stan): yuk

Urso: ( well if she can fly back with no problems just have her come out of the mirror and bump into Loryc.. hehe)

Garrion: melty navigates the knot and sneaks past the shadows

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (Yeah that’s what he’s doing, lol)

Garrion: "they are still roaming the area

Zindal (aka Ladzin): (Just let him narrate)

Garrion: you pass back ythrough the mirror and Loryc is sitting there….

Melty: “Hey, man! We found this door that takes you anywhere you want so everyone else checked out.”

Loryc (aka Robert): “Melty! Thank the gods you made it.”

Loryc (aka Robert): “Wait… there’s a backdoor to the vault?”

Melty: (What else was there in that room? Sorry, I was getting a food out of the oven when we were in there)

Garrion: 3 doors with symbols on them

Melty: (Like, did we try any other doors?)

Garrion: nope

Melty: (What were the symbols?)

Melty: (Sorry, I should probably just scroll up I just dunno)

Melty: where0

Urso: glave, scroll and holy symbol

Melty: Hmm

Garrion: The left doorway is decorated with a carving of a book, the central doorway a carving of a glaive, and the right doorway a carving of an unholy symbol bearing a pentagram.

Tabris: Zindal touched the glaive door

Tabris: With the glaive we took from that demon

Melty: Did we find anything in there that seemed to match the other two?\

Tabris: And then he suddenly knew how to open the door to go back to his place

Tabris: You found the holy symbol

Tabris: In the middle of the lake of filth

Garrion: yes, you found the symbol of asmodeus

Tabris: Don’t know about the book

Melty: (I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be asking this, I’m just funning on funes)

Melty: (runnin)

Urso: we found some books, but don’t mean is the right ones

Melty: running

Melty: On fumes

Garrion: you found lots of books in the vault

Garrion: but dunno if those were “special”

Urso: (just grab loryc and high tail it out of there)

Loryc (aka Robert): Well you already left so you took what you took. ain’t much opportunity to do anything else at this point.

Tristan is disconnected.

Melty: “I dunno if there was a backdoor into the vault. We found an exit door that teleported us places.”

Loryc (aka Robert): “Well that doesn’t make any sense… then again nothing about this mission does… I found a big chest filled with gold.”"

Garrion: well from your point of view it opened into Zindal’s inn

Melty: (ohhh yeah it only communicated to him)

Melty: “Whoa! Let’s grab it.”

Loryc (aka Robert): “Totally unguarded… and apparently we can’t take it because the others are somewhere else.”

Melty: “Oh…”

Melty: “Yeah, Zindal opened this door into his inn room somehow.”

Loryc (aka Robert): “I can’t lift a giant chest of gold… and we don’t have Urso or Mina who would have been great for that sort of thing.”

Melty: (I really want to look into stuff more but I’m really tired and I don’t wanna take up everyone’s time ; ; )

Loryc (aka Robert): (Yeah well we can assume you can give me a briefing back at base)

Garrion: i just need to know if/how you leaving then we can wrap

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol, well I didn’t know IC that you had a giant chest of gold waiting for us

Loryc (aka Robert): (Well you knew that I was looking for the treasury on the first floor.)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Honestly I don’t remember you saying that, heh

Urso: (how much gold?)

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I mean maybe you did but like I can’t remember it, that was too many sessions ago, lol

Garrion: maybe he forgot,, zindal doesn’t jhave photo mem

Loryc (aka Robert): I would think someone with the greed drawback would remember mention of gold.

Garrion: he was to focused on the main vault

Urso: (just take as much as you can and go )

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah heh, that was supposedly where all the real treasure was anyway

Garrion: he already grabbed some

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And I just wanted to get the fuck out of that place

Garrion: and his servants have some too

Loryc (aka Robert): Yeah. I grabbed some but I won’t be able to carry much, since my servants dissipate when they walk out the antimagic barrier

Loryc (aka Robert): so it’s just what I can carry, which ain’t much.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, just have them toss the bags up the chimney

Loryc (aka Robert): I’ve got 8 strength dude, and I’m not a huge dude who can conceal a ton up my cloak.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Urso servant should be strong enough

Garrion: dont forget melty with her large capacity, haha

Loryc (aka Robert): yeah, about all I can try to do is have melty carry it up a chimney maybe.

Garrion: 1 coin at a time, haha

Melty: Well!

Loryc (aka Robert): though that’s gonna take a shitload of trips and probably be conspicuous as hell.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah I mean it’s like 2 AM and everyone is unconscious or orgying, just haul the shit up onto the roof

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Nobody is going to stop you, lol

Melty: If you give me a sack and like a harness to hold it, I can carry almost 50 pounds

Garrion: you only grabbed a small pouch for each servant. not too much to carry?

Mina: im gonna call it a night, i been nodding off the past hour or so

Urso: (guards are probably still up )

Garrion: it like a belt pouch

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I’m pretty sure I remember him saying something about the whole mansion basically devolving into debauchery

Melty: I gotta sleep soon too like I’ve been saying ; ;

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I kind of doubt the guards are stoically manning their posts

Urso: (though probably only a few )

Melty: (I’m a stay up for the denouement)

Loryc (aka Robert): Yeah, maybe we should just stop here and decide how to get it out next time, since everyone seems to be too tired to think straight.

Garrion: ok, welli guess we will hold the wrap then till you decide the escape plan

Melty: (If you guys want)

Melty: (But I kinda would really prefer to wait if we have to actually do anything besides listen to you narrate)

Loryc (aka Robert): Or just do the escape plan on the forum post or something.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol I don’t see why we need to spend so much time on every tiny little detail

Zindal (aka Ladzin): This isn’t hard

Melty: (Like really a super lot, or do it on the forum)

Garrion: no game next week. I’ll be gone for spring break

Garrion: taking kids on vacation

Loryc (aka Robert): alriught then we’ll figure it out on the forum I guess.

Loryc (aka Robert): I mean even after we get out the gold we gotta survive the shadow creatures

Melty: Ooo fun!

Mina: use mina to spider climb it out via the roof?

Loryc (aka Robert): so I mean I dunno if I wanna fly out, or try to walk out with some light.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol wait until daylight and then fly it out?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Geez, you’re making this harder than it has to be

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Get it up through a chimney, wait for dawn

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Then leave

Urso: probably bettter off being invis.. the light just made em easier to hit, didn’t really keep em away, they attacked Urso just fine

Garrion: they just lose some of their powers in bright light

Loryc (aka Robert): so I’m gonna sit on the roof until dawn? lol.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): It ain’t like there’s any guards up there

Loryc (aka Robert): with a bunch of bags of gold.

Garrion: or find a quiet room with a chimney

Loryc (aka Robert): Dude, they can potentially see me from the ground level when it’s light out. I mean if I’m staying up there for extended periods.

Loryc (aka Robert): It ain’t like a castle roof, it’s one of those slanted roofs.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol it’s a fucking mansion, how close to the edge do you need to be

Loryc (aka Robert): I don’t think it’s a flat roof.

Garrion: camp out in a room undetected till day then go up chimney, turn invis and fly home

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah you can just do it that way then

Loryc (aka Robert): well foir one I can’t go up the chimney which is a problem.

Loryc (aka Robert): since the antimagic would kill my flight spell

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Melty can and she can carry 50 lbs she said

Melty: Yeah you weigh move than 55 pounds so I can’t haul you up

Garrion: climb?

Melty: more*

Loryc (aka Robert): My default to climbing is terrible. lol.

Melty: I can barely carry 50 pounds

Loryc (aka Robert): I’d just end up getting myself killed trying to climb out.

Loryc (aka Robert): I’d rather just walk out the front door.

Garrion: make a “rope” from ripped sheets

Melty: My X-Heavy weight is 55 lb

Loryc (aka Robert): I mean if Melty could cast a servant potentially she could make someone to hault me up

Loryc (aka Robert): I don’t think she has that spell though

Melty: I don’t ; ;

Loryc (aka Robert): Or maybe you could use apportation or something to pull the rope?

Garrion: or walk out front door and try to conceal the pouches of gold in your costume

Loryc (aka Robert): Yeah, I mean that was my plan originally was just to go out the front door.

Melty: I do have Apportation that I could maybe use, I dunno how much force it is for stuff like that

Loryc (aka Robert): Well apportation can lift stuff, just costs more based on weight

Loryc (aka Robert): like it’ll costs like 5-6 FP to pick me up probably

Loryc (aka Robert): but you could do it. well technifacally you’d be pulling the rope with me attached.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well she can get that back with a couple minutes rest

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Can just do it that way, heh

Loryc (aka Robert): So thatmight work to get me out of chimney, of course we’d need rope.. which actually I don’t think we have.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Melty can go grab some and bring it back

Garrion: ok, so if that is what you do then you get out…. you have to take some care but you wait till day after sleeping in a room all snug with Melty

Garrion: other guests are rising with massive hangovers as you prepare to leave

Garrion: you leave and head back to your place or to zindal’s to rendevous with the rest

Loryc (aka Robert): Oh, I’m casting a seeker spell to find out where Zindal is so I can give him a peice of my mind for totalyl going off plan.

Garrion: they are still sleeping due to the late night out

Loryc (aka Robert): and basically deserting me there.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol Zindal has a piece of his mind to give you too

  • Melty is in a really good mood… She sleeps on top of Loryc, wrapped in Mina’s panties.

Loryc (aka Robert): lol.

Garrion: BANG BANG BANG ont he door…. and we resume with the reuniting of the group and the recap of events from character PoV

Garrion: mission accomplished….

Garrion: 8 CP

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Long as you can get the gold out it’s no problem right? lol

Loryc (aka Robert): which I kinda… can’t.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well if Melty can use Apportation to lift you out she can lift the gold out too, heh

Loryc (aka Robert): I mean I can carry whatever I can safely stow whichnwas like a bag of gems and a couple bags of gold I think

Loryc (aka Robert): Well nah, they’re trhrowing us out in the morning so don’t think we can do that, cause we had no rope. I mean unless she’s gonna do the lifting herself or something.

Loryc (aka Robert): I mean guess she could be stowing gold al night.

Loryc (aka Robert): And then flying it away in the morning or something lol.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol well she can

Garrion: was 2 bags of gems and like 5 bags of gold or 4?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): 50 lbs at a time, should be able to get all of it in a couple trips

Garrion: not talking about huge bags.. these are like small dice pouches

Garrion: just enough to hold 50 coiuns

Loryc (aka Robert): Well the gold bags the servants have wouldn’t work, since they’d basically dissipate on the antimagic barrier, so can’t use them. I mean I’d have to claim they left during the night so as not to arouse suspicion.

Loryc (aka Robert): Unless I let melty carry em to the roof.

Urso: just make the gems a priority, and grab as much of the coin you can

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah that’s what I’m saying

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I mean how much gold is this anyway?

Garrion: 200 coins not going to overburden you

Zindal (aka Ladzin): If she can get 50 lbs at a time then it can’t be that much

Loryc (aka Robert): well I mean I’ll take whatever I can safely carry I guess, prioritizing the gems then the gold.

Garrion: you get it all

Garrion: d20 has what 50 coins are 1 lb

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol yeah so 200 coins is like 4 lbs if that’s all it is

Loryc (aka Robert): Think 100 coins are a pound in d20, though not sure.

Loryc (aka Robert): well there’s more than that in the whole chest heh.

Loryc (aka Robert): It’s liek 50 gp per bad.

Loryc (aka Robert): *bag

Loryc (aka Robert): and there’s liek 100 bags or something

Garrion: right, but you just grabbed 5 bags and the gems

Garrion: that all you can get on this run… the house is too busy the next day and guards are back on duty

Melty: Breaking bags

Loryc (aka Robert): Yeah. I wasn’t gonna go back in the morning.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, you can probably sneak it out a little at a time with your mad stealth and disguise skills

Loryc (aka Robert): So I guess I’ll deal with 2 bags of gems and 5 bags of gold fi I can carry that

Garrion: yes you can carry that…. as long as you take relative care in placement on person so not to clink and clank

Loryc (aka Robert): well yeah I’ve got all night to place it.,

Loryc (aka Robert): So that ain’t a huge deal.

Melty: “Hey, since we did all the work, how about we split this part of the haul… 60/40? I mean… I may be strong, but I carried a ton more relative to my size.”

Garrion: well you do need some sleep too, haha

Loryc (aka Robert): Well I can sleep during the daytime.

Loryc (aka Robert): I can stay up a little later than usual.

Loryc (aka Robert): “We’ll talk about how we’re going to split this stuff once we get back to base. for now we’re just carrying off what we can.”

Garrion: ok, so i think tha is a wrap.. you need to tally all the score when you meet up with Zindal

Garrion: distribute the hauil and determine what all you got

Loryc (aka Robert): so I got 2 bags of gems and what? 5 bags of gold?

Melty: (We)

Garrion: maybe find a fence for some of the less fluid items

Melty: (We got 2 bags of gems and 5 bags of gold)

Melty: (You and Melty did it)

Loryc (aka Robert): lol.

Garrion: have to look on site from that session but i think that is right

Loryc (aka Robert): actually if I had some time which I do cause we’re spending the night

Loryc (aka Robert): I’ll just take the tme thouroughly check the chest during the night and juist take as many gems as I can carry

Loryc (aka Robert): since I didn’t get to inventory the whoel thing

Loryc (aka Robert): so I’ll just load up on as many gem bags as I can, miht as well maximize the shit I’m taking if I got time.

Loryc (aka Robert): and I got a bunch fo hours till morning anyway.

Garrion: oh 4 pouches of gold and 3 pouches of gems

Loryc (aka Robert): In the meantime I’m gonna loiok for what spells I need to geas Zindal.

Garrion: according to site

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol wut

Loryc (aka Robert): Well I’ll get all gems if I can

Loryc (aka Robert): since I ain’t really on the clock searching the bags anymore.

Mina: yall still at this?

Loryc (aka Robert): so if I can get 7 bags of gems, I’ll do that

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Fuck you man, you didn’t have to deal with an insane imp and wade through piles of shit =P

Mina: why dont you just use me to help you do this shit

Loryc (aka Robert): because you’re in a different building dude.

Loryc (aka Robert): cause you guys took the warp zone out and abanbdoned me.

Mina: i can go back

Mina: im a nymph, the mayor aint gonna turn down a whore

Garrion: that is all the gems

Mina: i can prolly go visit the cocksucker 24/7 at this point after you little trick

Mina: lol

Loryc (aka Robert): So ther’es only 4 bags of gems total?

Garrion: 3 gems

Loryc (aka Robert): ah okay.

Garrion: the rest is gold

Mina: just play it like mina goes outside for something

Loryc (aka Robert): well 3 gems and 4 gold then. I’ll do that

Mina: then the real me will come back in

Loryc (aka Robert): well that’s fi I could contact you sef, which I cant, cause of the anti-magic barrier.

Loryc (aka Robert): I mean I guess I could send Melty out, and risk her becomes sahdow creature food.

Mina: i thought someone already had contacted you earlier

Garrion: ok, i think we have beat this horse to death

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, honestly as long as you can get into the mansion you shouldn’t have any problem getting back to the rest of the gold and sneaking it out bit by bit, you had the run of the place while you were disguised

Mina: was it melty?

Mina: i thought yall had a real time line of communication going

Garrion: nope

Loryc (aka Robert): Well the secret door is in the middle of a corridor it’s gonna be fairly conspicuous to access that during daytime hours. not to mention when they find shit got rippd off, they’re probably gonna increase security.

Loryc (aka Robert): I wouldn’t really wanna go back for the exact same shit we already stole.

Mina: ok well guess first thing is to send melty as messenger

Garrion: plus i think you got plenty.. now you just being gluttonous

Mina: and establish contact and what exactly you want us to do on our end, and then send her back to relay your message

Garrion: you need to really tally all you got so far

Mina: actually fuck all that

Mina: i can fly there myself too

Melty: (meow)

Mina: with her

Mina: i forgot

Garrion: yo got magic items and gold from the knot vault and some other items

Mina: i can turn into a bat, which are known to like chimneys

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah plus Zindal got the quest item that will hopefully lead us to more treasure later

Mina: so no ones gonna freak if they see a bat fly over the house at least

Loryc (aka Robert): Well yeah if you actually came there Sef… you could have done that.

Mina: no i mean to get back in

Urso: plus reward from the pathfinders hopefully

Loryc (aka Robert): But like I said you didn’t go with her iunitially and we have no real way of contacting you short of me sending Melty on another risky foray into the darkness.

Garrion: yes, the real goal of the heist beyond mundane treasures

Urso: fire priority is magic weapons for everyone

Mina: i didnt think yall had actually did anything

Mina: just were discussing what to do

Mina: ie melty just arrived and said hey we found a magic door, what do you want us to do?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): She arrived by staying in the vault and going back through the mirror, to get to us to relay instructions she’d have to risk flying outside and getting attacked by Shadow Creatures

Garrion: no you are back at the inn in the morning and you wake up zindal and the others to discuss the nights events and tally your take

Mina: ok see i thought i read that she just flew back in through the chimney

Mina: someone said it was faster

Mina: and didnt go back into the dungeon

Loryc (aka Robert): well she can’t relay instructions to you anymore since you’re out fo the vault even.

Loryc (aka Robert): So she’d have to fly across the city in the dark

Mina: there were so many blurbs while i was trying to keep myself awake

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah I mean let’s just drop it for now, it’s late and we’re just going in circles

Garrion: agreed

Zindal (aka Ladzin): We can figure it out later

Loryc (aka Robert): Yeah, best to not worry about it. Next time follow my plan. :/

Garrion: mission is over, you get big loot rewards and 8 CP

Loryc (aka Robert): Instead of taking the surprise warp zone and leaving me behind.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, well we still got a good haul

Loryc (aka Robert): Ne xt time you try that bullshit you can expect to be making an opposed roll against a geas spell.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Mina: well i just wanted to dump the prisoners off, if i knew it was a big deal, i would have simply followed melty back through the vault

Melty: Yay!

Melty: Wow, lots of CP~

Melty: I gotta get spells! And/or energy!

Garrion: well that was honestly the best way to get all that shit out of the vault

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well I have the Callous flaw so basically the way I"m playing it is that Zindal was fed up with all the bullshit from this vault and just said “Fuck it” and left

Urso: wow, nice.. well I"m out.. I assume we out of dungeon area we can spend CP freely?

Garrion: would have been pretty hard taking it all out the next day

Loryc (aka Robert): Well I mean I was planning on just leaving during the night or what not. Plus we had a bag of holding.

Garrion: night you deal with shadow creatures.. not the best plan

Loryc (aka Robert): well with the rest of the group I wouldn’t mind it too much. heh.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol

Loryc (aka Robert): Or we could have always taken the chest into the vault or what not and then teleported.

Loryc (aka Robert): IN either case we left basically half the treasure behind.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): They’re supposedly super invincible and no one has survived an encounter, I don’t feel like giving the GM and excuse to rape us

Melty: I’m falling asleep, guys~ I’m gonna get into some bed.

Loryc (aka Robert): Well I mean we could just wlak with light spells and stuff I mean he said people survived going through the streets with light sources.

Melty: Night night everyone!~ Good luck with not having to work tomorrow Tab ; ;

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah I"m wondering how late I can sleep in before I get a call or a page

Garrion: i need to get to bed also… i’ll get site updated and no session next week… so see you in two

Loryc (aka Robert): I mean we are thieves… lol can’t be afraid of the dark.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Heh, well IC speaking yeah Zindal will be pissed that we left a bunch of gold behind, but at the same time both IC and OC I’m glad to be out of that fucking dungeon, it seriously sucked, also I didn’t feel like having to navigate back through it again so getting an alternate exit was a godsend

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And in the future if we just want riches maybe we can rob some lesser but still wealthy nobles that don’t have elaborate death traps for treasure vaults

Mina: i wanted to get the tiefling looking chick out for you to interrogate mainly

Garrion: yeah getting past the endless spawn of shadows and the bridge area with burdening loot would have not been fun

Loryc (aka Robert): Well yeah, I wasn’t expecting it to be Rappan Athuk in a box.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah lol, I didn’t want to go through those shadows again

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And having to flip around the randomly opening doors again

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And all the other shit

Loryc (aka Robert): Yeah, that’s true Mina is strength drained anyway.. so she couldn’t have even helped us take much loot regardless, I forgtoa bout that.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Well she got her strength drain fixed, heh

Garrion: she is fixed

Mina: nah melty cured me finally actually

Loryc (aka Robert): oh.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): G ruled that Melty can fix her

Melty: Yeah we worked that out

Loryc (aka Robert): I missed that part.

Mina: was last session

Garrion: well so can loryc too

Garrion: it just part of the heal spell

Loryc (aka Robert): Well I don’t got any healing spells.

Garrion: i thought you did

Loryc (aka Robert): Nah. didn’t bother taking em.

Loryc (aka Robert): THe only thing I got from the college of healing is that recover energy spell that pretty much every mage takes

Garrion: i see

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Still, I didn’t want to navigate back through the dungeon again, plus I wasn’t 100% sure if we could just walk out the front door of the mansion with all our phat loot, I think the guards are incapacitated from the party but I don’t know that for sure

Loryc (aka Robert): Hopefully next mission we can get more of a robbery without the dungeon part. lol.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol yeah

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Or if we have to navigate another dungeon it hopefully isn’t as annoying as this one

Garrion: well peace out all…. Tab has work cut out tallying all the loot.. but first you need to ID the magic

Loryc (aka Robert): What spell even does identification anyway in GURPS?

Loryc (aka Robert): I was meaning to ask you that

Loryc (aka Robert): and yeah, lets pick next mission without a giant dungeon crawl segment.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol… I hope you’re posting a list of it on the site because I am totally fizzled right now and can’t think straight enough to add and subtract

Garrion: well you had no way of knowing a “Vault” would be some mind screwing complex made by an insane wizard mayor

Zindal (aka Ladzin): As far as the magic items I figured we could just have Melty ID them, you can do that with Magery or something can’t you?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I know she gets a thing where she can ID stuff by looking at it

Garrion: magery lets you know if it is magic or not, but not properties

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Ah, okay

Zindal (aka Ladzin): And yeah, if Loryc wants to try to chew Zindal out then Zindal has some chewing out of his own for Loryc ditching us in the insane wizard mayor maze of doom

Zindal (aka Ladzin): For not really that great of a treasure haul

Loryc (aka Robert): Well what spell lets you ID properties?

Loryc (aka Robert): Like the equivalent of D&D identify?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Also I think we all have medical bills from filth fever or something

Zindal (aka Ladzin): If that’s what those HT rolls were for

Garrion: you donl;t know anything about that IC

Loryc (aka Robert): And yeah, I had no idea the thing was gonna be some kinda dungeon crawl in a vault.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah I know heh, but I assume it incubates eventually

Garrion: not till something starts manafesting

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Either way, if Loryc wants to complain at me then I’m just shoving my shit caked boots into his face

Loryc (aka Robert): I mean sure I was expecting a guardian demon…

Garrion: lookign for ID spells

Loryc (aka Robert): But I wasn’t expecting this giant elaborate labyrinth thing. lol.

Loryc (aka Robert): Yeah from now on we avoid extraplanar deathtraps.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Like yeah, you got to enjoy a giant party and get some easy gold, we had to wade through shit and kill a tentacle monster and then deal with some shadow blending assassin bitch

Garrion: Identifying Magical Items The new owner of a magic item may not immediately learn its powers. “Always on” items (see below) or items with Link spells are the easiest to figure out. Other items will not work until they are willed to do so, and the user must will the correct effect. Thinking “Do something!” at a magical item will not activate it. Some effects (increased attributes, for example) are obvious once the item is activated. Others (water breathing, skill augmentation) will not be apparent until a situation occurs where they can take effect. In these cases, the GM should try not to drop too many hints about the item’s nature. The Analyze Magic spell (p. 102) reveals any enchantments on an item.

Loryc (aka Robert): Ah okay, analyze magic.. not sure if I got that or no

Loryc (aka Robert): I mgiht.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Oh God, it’s like 1st ed all over again

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Plus the sword!

Loryc (aka Robert): heh, well I’ll grab that spell anyway

Cedric is disconnected.

Loryc (aka Robert): I odn’t have it right now but we gained a bubnch fo points

Sachi is disconnected.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Yeah, I might be able to bump Power Blow up a couple more points

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Eventually it’ll be high enough to make it worth using

Garrion: Analyze Magic Information; Resisted by spells that conceal magic Identifies exactly what spells are on the subject. If the subject has more than one spell on it, Analyze Magic identifies the one that took the least energy, and tells the caster “there are more spells.” It can then be cast again to determine the next spell, and so on. Name and Password enchantments (p. 68) count as separate spells that resist at +5; any individual wizard may only attempt to Analyze a Name or Password once. Like Identify Spell, above, it will give limited results when the caster is faced with an unknown spell. Cost: 8. Time to cast: 1 hour. Prerequisite: Identify Spell.

Loryc (aka Robert): yeah just 2 points to get analyze, had 1 prereq I needed.

Loryc (aka Robert): So I’ll be able to ID the stuff.

Garrion: ok so you taking that one.. you can ID the magic items then

Garrion: I’ll post them to the site with magic revealed

Mina: what is power blow?

Garrion: i’ll use common terms to avoid confusion… the standard d20 +1 magic item is actually 2 seperate inchantments inGURPS…. 1 for attack skill, the other for damage

Loryc (aka Robert): yeah I can ID the magic items.

Mina: sounds like something mina would have instead of zindal

Loryc (aka Robert): I just took analyze magic, which apparently IDs them.

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Basically you make a skill roll to focus your ki into a powerful attack

Zindal (aka Ladzin): It doubles your ST for damage purposes for one attack

Zindal (aka Ladzin): If you don’t take a couple rounds to concentrate though the skill check takes a penalty

Garrion: insead of listing both enchantments I’ll just call it a +1 and you know that adds 1 to skill and damage values

Mina: you need more damage?

Mina: lol

Zindal (aka Ladzin): lol yes

Mina: one shot killing your foes aint enough?

Zindal (aka Ladzin): I’m wimpy compared to Urso

Mina: how dead they gotta be :-p

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Hey man, that Tiefling chick took a huge beating

Loryc (aka Robert): lol.

Garrion: now if the itemm only has a +1 to one or the other then i will list the individual enchantment

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Gotta hit hard enough to deal with that shit

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Also I can’t do shit against DR

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Not as much as Urso anyway

Loryc (aka Robert): well you deal with DR by stabbing stuff in the eye

Loryc (aka Robert): it ian’t like many things are gonna have an impenetrable eye.

Mina: seems like stabbing folks in the eye worked pretty good so far lol

Garrion: i’m out for real this time

Zindal (aka Ladzin): That doesn’t work on shit like elementals and undead that don’t have vitals

Zindal (aka Ladzin): Also it’s a skill that fits Zindal well since he focuses on being insanely good with a sword

Session 23

GURPS on Golarion Garrion