Session 4

Server started; please wait for map to refresh.

Cedric has connected.

Cedric: hey

Tabris has connected.

Cedric: swap spots with my guy T

Zindal: He isn’t on the server yet, lol

Zindal: Also he said he wanted to be on top of the wagon since he took the place of the leader

Cedric: no, you.. I mean

Zindal: Oh, lol

Cedric: want to hide my shield up against the wagon, incase they don’t use them, not sure if G said they had them or no

Sefiros has connected.

Zindal: Well I’m pretty sure the illusion hides it

Zindal: It makes you look like one of them

Sefiros: hail

Zindal: Same way it hides Tristan’s bow

Urso: ya, wasn’t sure about that, either way don’t matter too much, but just safer

Taragnor has connected.

Urso: so what the plan, let em get close and beat their asses… we have to make sure none get away

Zindal: Pretty much

Urso: so might have to take out some horses

Taragnor: well we also got tristan if they try to run

Taragnor: to shoot em in the back

Taragnor: Also if tristan doesn’t show up tonight we definitely want to wait till next week for him, cause we need an archer here./

Urso: he not coming?

Zindal: Beats me, he’s usually here early though

Taragnor: well give him some time anyway, causye we’re gonna need an archer.

Garrion: hello all

Garrion: who all is here… let me check connections

Sefiros: present

Garrion: missing brice and sachi of course

Taragnor: yeah, we kinda need brice for this.

Garrion: ok, well my family is over having dinner with us

Taragnor: He’s the only one who can stop them from retreating.(by shooting them in the back)

Garrion: haha

Garrion: you have bows.. and lots of crossbows laying around

Zindal: lol it takes like five rounds to shoot one though

Garrion: guess you better make it a good shot ;)

Garrion: when does sachi usually connect?

Zindal: Better have the balista primed and ready

Taragnor: Sachi doesn’t come till around 9:30 I think

Zindal: Usually like 9:30 or so

Garrion: hmm, that a biit too long to wait

Taragnor: Zindal might be okay as an archer if he’s got any bow skills

Taragnor: Since he’s high DX at least

Zindal: lol he doesn’t

Taragnor: lol yeah we’re gonna suck then

Zindal: Also he has the vow to use only one weapon

Zindal: So he wouldn’t use a bow anyway

Taragnor: yeah we need Tristan.

Zindal: Because fuck anything that isn’t a Longsword

Taragnor: lol what a weird vow :P

Garrion: well he is a master swordsman

Taragnor: well it’s one thing to vow to master one weapon, but liek to refuse to use anything else is kinda stgrange, epseically whne the situation warrants it

Taragnor: like to take his vow that seriously lol.

Garrion: well you can break a vow.. it just has consequences

Zindal: It’s one of the things on the template, lol

Garrion: i’ve been working on some quick conversion stuff so i can plug in D&D monsters… got most of it worked out pretty good… but still have to set up tokens

Urso: well we just get bot version if he missing right? all he does is shoot, so bot ain’t much of a difference, hehe

Zindal: Dude, bot version sucks

Zindal: You saw how horrible it was with Eltera

Zindal: It’ll be all random rolls with the most basic attack and not targeting any vital areas or anything

Urso: well that was not using 2nd attack… how hard it to screw up just shooting arrows

Garrion: haha, yep.. just default shots… random target

Zindal: Like I said, no targeting vital areas

Zindal: People will take way longer to kill if you aren’t aiming to kill

Taragnor: yeah lol.

Urso: he on IM or text or whatever?

Taragnor: we don’t want tristan as a bot, he’s the key guy.

Garrion: i’ll check email

Urso: Urso can fire some axes, but his range is limited

Garrion: nothing yet… ok, everyone bugging me to make them some fried icecream… brb

Tristan has connected.

Taragnor: nice. there he is.

Zindal: Huzzah

Tristan: hi guys, was having computer trouble on the windows machine. i’m on my mac now (i’ll check back on the windows if I get botted here)

Tristan: I applogize for being late, out of my control

Urso: nice, machineguy boy is here

Zindal: No worries

Urso: machinegun

Tristan: machinegun activated

Taragnor: heh. yeah we need the machinegun.

Zindal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVgTTAukMOU

Zindal: ^—-Tristan

Tristan: maybe Garrion will let me get one of those

Taragnor: lol.

Tristan: checking windows machine, brb but i’m all set

Taragnor: well D&D does have those repeating crossbows…

Taragnor: yeah we’re good to go whenever G is. Sachi can join in whenever she gets here.

Sefiros: they had those in ancient china too

Tristan: back

Sefiros: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo13R_fSvnI

Sefiros: theres one

Tristan: romans had a balista one as well

Taragnor: We might as well go the extra mile and give him this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO6I5OZpRDI

Tristan: nice, mobile dragon

Sefiros: yeah i rememebr seeing that thing T

Sefiros: Tabs nemesis

Zindal: lol

Tristan: yeah, nobody wins in a rocket launcher deul

Tristan: duel

Taragnor: lol.

Tristan: windows machine is finally up, i’m jumping over to it because the mac drops. brb

Tristan is disconnected.

Urso: NO

Urso: cho ku no

Tristan has connected.

Garrion: yay, he here now?

Tristan: ok, on winows. yup

Urso: yup

Tristan: was having computer trouble but all good now

Garrion: ok, let me get the hellknight token basics set up real quick

Taragnor: yeah ready to go. btw I set all some of our illusions so they look like they’re wounded a bit.. so that way if they see some blood on the ground from our previous fight, they might assume some of it is ours.

Zindal: HP: 50/50, DR: 20

Taragnor: not like super badly injured but just some cuts/blood on the armor.

Urso: (remember, make em allergic to axes )

Taragnor: lol DR 20.

Taragnor: If we run into something DR 20 we run like hell.

Zindal: I target the chink in the armor!

Zindal: That reduces DR by half

Tristan: yup, I can’t touch dr 20

Taragnor: Well; TRistan might be okay with his armor peircing arrows and targetting the chinkin the armor

Zindal: Actually if you use a bodkin and target weak spots you should reduce it to DR 5

Taragnor: That’s DR 5, so kinda doable.

Tristan: that’s about it, but that bodkin arrow does crap damage unless it hits a sweet spot (like a vital)

Taragnor: Unless iot’s hardened armor.

Taragnor: oh, yeah kinda doubt you can do chink in the armor versus a vital.

Zindal: It’s only a -10 penalty to target a weak spot on a vital

Tristan: so, 3 or 4 hp at a time through that chink.

Zindal: You can do it, it’s just a giant penalty, lol

Taragnor: That’d be kinda weird if they designed the breastplate with a weakspot protecting the vitals.

Garrion: yeah, actually i made the DR a little high last time… the mooks should have been DR6 and the Hellknight DR8

Zindal: lol

Taragnor: what armor do they have on G?

Tristan: (you meta gaming my bodkins G?)

Garrion: but you are metagaming…. you can’t look at a shot and go oh, he has DRx

Taragnor: Plate for the hell knight I assume, what about the mooks? Not really familiar with GURPS armor DR values. heh.

Tristan:

Taragnor: Well yeah you kinda can, assuming the armor is known.

Tristan: didn’t say I wasn’t….

Taragnor: I mean I figure being experienced enough you’d know penetration factors against armor.

Zindal: Even if you don’t know the exact DR you can assume that heavy armor is going to be high DR

Taragnor: I mean modern soliders can look at a tank and know what kinda stuff will get through and what bounces off.

Tristan: good point, I carry bodkins because I noticed my normal arrows bounce off armor

Taragnor: So it’s not too unrealistic for him to know he can’t penetrate a plate mail breastplate wtihout a special arrow

Garrion: right an estimate.. but to say oh that has DR 7 and mine has DR6, i’m going to trade.. it would not be that easy

Garrion: anyway….

Tristan: yeah, it would be like “plate” or “chain”, probably could not tell without closer inspection (although these corpses can be inspected)

Tristan: looks like my arrows did not have a problem penetrating so i’m not too worried (and overconfident so really not worried)

Taragnor: Well yeah if you’re talking difference between armors, they may not know. maybe some kind of armorer skill to ID it.

Taragnor: Though magic would obviously confuse things too.

Taragnor: but I mean anybody should know that plate protects better than chain.

Tristan: I need a penatrating (DR reduction) bow and bodkins, then we can go take down that dr 20

Taragnor: Since that’s just common knowledge as far as warriors go.

Tristan: double dr reduction

Hellknight: picks up a trusty Morning Star.

Hellknight: readies a trusty Morning Star.

Taragnor: heh. yeah that’d be pretty badass.

Taragnor: Though I still dont’ really want to take on a DR 20

Taragnor: because it’s probably gonna have a crap ton of HP too.

Tristan: we call those dragons….

Zindal: http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk251/Frisbeetarianism/Animated%20GIFS/critical_hit_SPR.gif

Zindal: ^——Tristan

Taragnor: actually I don’t even think a GURPS dragon has that much. That’d probably be like an iron golem or something

Tristan: or a tank

Tristan: tank vs arrows = lose

Taragnor: lol. yeah, a tank has like DR 50 or something if I remember right.

Zindal: Not if you score a critical success!

Tristan: well, that = win… arrow vs tank, that = lose

Hellknight: picks up a trusty shield.

Hellknight: readies a trusty shield.

Taragnor: The high tech stuff is basically like… not something you want to take on, ever.

Tristan: lol, you showed a tank gif. good timing

Taragnor: Like you think you’re a badass, but master chief is going to kick your ass.

Tristan: yup, then I would have to buy off overconfidence …

Tristan: those hellknights look bad ass

Zindal: Well they are Hellknights

Tristan: I was hoping they would come charging in so I could drop the leed horse and domino them down

Zindal: Those eye slits are plenty big enough for my sword

Tristan: there are actually rules for “blow through” if you do enough damage (although, i’m not going to do that much with a bow)

Tristan: if you get through the armor, the body and the other side of the armor then the rest of the damage keeps going.

Taragnor: yeah, their visors allow for both vertical and horizontal thrusts.

Tristan: realistic actually…. like a balista ripping through some footmen

Garrion: ok, they are on houseback… do i need to add horses?

Taragnor: Yeah blow through is cool. I like the little rules GURPS has.

Garrion: horseback

Tristan: overall I like them to

Zindal: Didn’t you illusion the bridge to make it look like it’s out? Or is it just our disguises?

Tristan: we can image them on horseback no problem

Garrion: a big hole in it.. not all the out i doint think

Taragnor: I mean there are places where it gets a bit excessive, but I kinda like the detail they put in. The main thing with GURPS is like unlike D&D a lot of the sourcebooks and stuff are written by people that know the stuff, as opposed to just pulling stuff out of thier ass like a D&D book would.

Tristan: to bad we could not put a big hole in it and make an illusion it was whole.

Zindal: lol yeah, that would be awesome

Taragnor: heh, well if we had more time we could have done that. Though actually I don’t think you can see through GURPS illusions like you can in D&D. I dunno if I can make a one way illusion

Garrion: with more time you could.. but you were sort of rushed

Tristan: make a bottle of acid look like a healing potion…. illusions rock

Taragnor: lol yeah I could do that.

Tristan: a big mean barbarion looks like a super hot chick. that would be interesting.

Zindal: Silence

  • Urso frowns.

Taragnor: heh, I could do that too,. If I went for the super version of illusion I could even make it fool the sense of touch (though that one I can’t maintain for free)

Sefiros: yeah tabs next poon might be a passed out urso illusioned

Garrion: ok, the dust cloud draws nearer as you see 4 Hell knight riders on horses approaching in a diamond formation

Taragnor: But still awesome that everything would feel right.

Tristan: lol

Zindal: “They arrive.”

Taragnor: But yeah Loryc has like 15 different ways of fucking with people’s heads.

Tristan: (how fast are they moving?)

Urso: (urso would break both of you )

Garrion: well the thing with GURPS is alot of the rules are optional… you can make it as simple or comlex as you want.. i mean really simple would just be to use GURPS lite

Tristan: (and Tristan wouldn’t say anything so he was not broken along with them)

Taragnor: (whisper) “Remember, the keyword is weather. When you hear that. attack.”

Taragnor: (Yeah GURPS is a lot more modular than D&D)

Garrion: at a trot

Taragnor: I kinda like that about it, where it allows you to customize and change rules more to your liking, where D&D is kinda like the “This is the one true way” style.

Garrion: they come back with a pursome but not in a huge rush

Tristan: (whispers) "I could drop that lead horse and they may take a fall… up to you there mighty wizard. Can you make it look like the arrow came from the back?

  • Loryc waits for them to arrive, doing any kind of military greeting or what not if there is one. (I have savoir-faire (all) so I know whatever kinda protocols they got)

Tristan: (sad face, I guess no on dropping the horse).

Loryc: (whispers to Tristan) “It’d be difficult at this range… I need them closer, then we’ll all attack as one, make sure to take out any that try to retreat.”

  • Urso looks off into the forest, guarding the wagon from any more brigands that may attack.

Tristan: (whispers) “range is my friend if you have not noticed”

Tristan: “bows are lousy fencing weapons”

Loryc: “That’s why you’re on top of the wagon.”

Tristan: “if I wasn’t on top I would not be going along with this plan… that’s for sure”

Garrion: you see nothign in the sparse woods around you

Loryc: (lemme know when they’re close, I’m basically waiting for them to approach)

Garrion: ok, they appraoch.. slowing apon reaching the bridge

Loryc: The hole on the bridfge btw is easy enough for horses to cross to the side

Loryc: It’s just big enough to disrupt a wagon.

Loryc: So they can gtet across without any problem, but our wagon couldn’t.

Garrion: then they move to single file to bypass the hole

Tristan: (not liking this plan)

  • Zindal sizes up the Hellknights as they approach, looking for any vulnerabilities in their armor

Loryc: (btw I’m using my psychology skill to assess them to see if they’re suspecting anything)

Loryc: ←rolls Psychology (Human) and gets 14 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 3

Garrion: then they form into a box formation.. the formation transitions look very professional and experienced

Zindal: Are they calling out any hails or is it all strictly business?

Garrion: the lead hell knight greets you as they draw close across the bridge…..

Garrion: "Hail, alas the brigands got away.

Zindal: (Remember to let Loryc do all the talking, heh)

Loryc: “We were attacked after you pursued thier diversionary force.”

Garrion: “Well it appears it was not too much trouble. Where are the bodies?”

Tristan: (lol, a dragon ate them)

Loryc: “We stowed them in the wagon, hopefully we we get to the citadel, our maguic will tell us more.”

Garrion: “The ones we chased were no doubt a diversion then. They rode fast and hid in the distant woods.”

Garrion: “We can send out another party to flush them from this area once our prize is secure.”

Loryc: “This was a planned attack… and I have no doubt that we may have some traitors among us.”

Zindal: lol

Tristan: (nice angle)

Loryc: (btw I’m assuming that they’re all pretty close now to our guys in disguise?)

Garrion: “Why do you say that, not just common brigands? You know the roads have been rife with activity. The mayor even asked us to help so that must mean something.”

Loryc: “Check the bodies and see for yourself. You’ll see that they were no mere brigands.”

Garrion: 1 and 2 are holding positiopn at the front of the wagon while 3 and 4 pass by to the rear.

Zindal: (So we’re surrounded now, lol)

Loryc: (that’s good. we want to be close for the meleers to take surprise attacks)

Tristan: (isn’t satomi in the wagon?

Loryc: (Yeah)

Loryc: (Well I’ll wait till he nears the door, then I’m gonna say something)

Loryc: (lemme know fi he’s approaching it)\

Garrion: i didn;t think so.. you needed 4 trainees on the running boards

Loryc: (oh okay then she wouldn’t be yeah)

Loryc: (think we had barely neough to match what they had)

Garrion: tristan the driver and loryc the leader

Zindal: (Yeah heh, I think Tristan is pretending to be the driver and you’re the leader and then the four of us are the Armigers)

Loryc: (lemme know if he’s approaching the doors, and then I’m gonna say something)

Garrion: ok, give me an acting roll loryc

Loryc: ←rolls Acting and gets 5 vs. Skill (20 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 15

Zindal: lol wow

Garrion: now that a little time has passed

Loryc: yeah lol, they’re buying it :P

Urso: ( they all staying mounted, or getting off ?)

Tristan: (i’m starting to belive it too…)

Sefiros: officially brainwashed

Error in body of roll. Statement options (if any): r,if(setup == 0),CODE Statement Body (first 200 characters): {[MACRO: ""]} ; { [r:currToken=getStrProp(macro.args,‘tokenID’)] [h, if(currToken!=‘’):switchToken(currToken)] [h:tokenName=getName(currentToken())] [frame(’Character

Zindal: Do I see any weaknesses in their armor or good spots to thrust my sword into?

Hellknight 1: A Per check sent to GM.

HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Per and gets 15 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Hellknight 1 FAILS by 2

Loryc: (I assume at least one is dismounting to open the wagon.

Tristan: (that role was so good I want to be like “we need to get the prisioner to the citadel”)

Garrion: not anything super appareant.. you could target the normal chinks

Loryc: (lol it mgiht be so good that you think maybe I am a double agent) :P

Zindal: Heh, okay

Zindal: Can I be considered as taking the Aim action since I’m studying them?

Loryc: (think with aim you gotta like raise your sowrd or something, like how you’d aim a gun it’d be apparent)

Loryc: (dunno if you can aim without them noticig you’re lining up a shot)

Garrion: no, upon you mentioning that he shrugs… “Eh, it can wait. We need to move on if we are to reach the citadel by nightfall.”

Zindal: (Ah, heh, yeah if it’s obvious then I won’t do it)

Garrion: correct.. no aiming

Zindal: Oh, it says it’s a ranged weapon anyway, lol

Loryc: “Trust me, it can’t… you’re going to want to see whats in there.”

Loryc: “As I said before, this goes far beyond normal bandits.. perhaps you ntoiced the bridge… it took an expeirenced spellcaster to pull that off.”

Tristan: (modest huh Loryc?)

Garrion: “The prisoner and some corpses.. who cares. Let’s get this wagon over the bridge. Can you ford the stream?”

Zindal: lol

Loryc: (What’s the chain of command here btw?)

Tristan: “might be tricky but we don’t have another option sir”

Loryc: (Is the wagon driver/cleric in charge?)

Tristan: “I’ll go find the best place”

Tristan: (looks to Loryc)

Tristan: (like, now what genius?)

Garrion: The lead hell knight says, yeah, you Armond get your ass down and find some rope to help lead the horses."

Loryc: (wait who is in command here, him or me? that’ll determine what I say back to him)

Tristan: (not sure if that’s me).

Tristan: (is he looking at me?)

  • Urso gets off his purch and moves toward the horses to help em.

Garrion: he is just looking toward the wagon, you can not see a specific target with the helm obscuring

Loryc: (so am I in command or him?)

Tristan: (i hope you illusioned up my bow)

Loryc: (Who is the higher ranked?)

Loryc: (You’re fully illusioned, all your equipment.)

Loryc: (DOn’t get off the wagon yet)

Tristan: (I make the next plan)

Loryc: (Well Urso can, but…)

  • Urso says to the soldier mounted by him, " Got rope, can tie to the saddle to help pull wagon"

Loryc: (Well my plan isn’t over yet, I’m waiting for G to answer my question about who is in charge)

Tristan: (I start to stand up)

Zindal: (Yeah heh, just wait a minute)

Garrion: “I said Armond, not Renold…. but while you are at it you can help too. Now move it trainees.”

Loryc: (let G answer me so I can say something IC appropriate)

Loryc: (don’t do anything else until G answers my question, lol, I’m trying to work on bluffing them, but I need info)

Garrion: now the rank….

Loryc: (I mena I’m just wondering if I can order them around or they order me)

Garrion: the lead rider seems to outrank the other riders, the cleric was probably about the same rank as the leader… just different roles….

Loryc: “Do you think I would tell you to look in the wagon if it was just bodies and a prisoner? As I said, you’re going to want to see it. You’re going to want to see it now.”

Garrion: he does not seem to be waiting for orders from Loryc

Loryc: (basically gonna use voice inflection and stuff to indicate that this shit is serious)

Loryc: (I assume given a critical success on my acting roll is at least gonna convey that)

Garrion: also.. long with acting give me a mimicry roll to simulate the voice of the wagon leader… from the little you heard him speak make it at -2

Loryc: (I don’t need that my illusion covers it)

Loryc: (it does sound too)

Loryc: (It aint’ no shitty illusion)

Garrion: oh, ok… how does it manage to do that when it does not know how something sounds… like a voice?

Loryc: (Well we heard the cleric talk before)

Loryc: (I did remember, he questioned me)

Loryc: (back in town when I approached the horse)

Loryc: (so I do know how he sounds)

Garrion: right but still a very limited sampling

Zindal: Magic

Garrion: ok, if the spell does it i’ll let it slide..

Loryc: (well I also critically succeeded on an acting check)

Loryc: (I mean so I can do accents and such)

Sachi has connected.

Urso: (btw, these guys got swords and stuff out or not really?)

Tristan: (hi there Sachi, I think Loryc is trying to get us killed. your just in time)

Garrion: acting is more making the proper actions where mimicry is sounding like something.. just something to keep in mind for the future.. let’s move on

Loryc: (well mimicry is for monsters you said, not people)

Loryc: (Acting does mimic human voices)

Loryc: (You said to me before I’d only need mimicry for doing like a monstrous thing)

Garrion: does it, ok i did not remember that.. i have a lot on my mind

Loryc: (yeah heh, I specifically asked you about that before)

Zindal: First line of the Acting skill, lol

Zindal: This is the ability to counterfeit moods, emotions, and voices, and to lie convincingly over a period of time.

Garrion: anyway… he seems reluctant to check the wagon.. a low priority.. you may want to pursuade him somehow…

Zindal: Well he’s kinda been doing that

Loryc: (Well okay, do I gotta make a diplomacy check?)

Zindal: Stressing the importance of it and how it’s some kind of unbelievable shit

Loryc: (What kinda roll you want me to make? I mean I already stressed how it’s something he definitely want sto see, like right now)

Garrion: i mean with a roll… the RP has set the tome, now we need to see if he succumbs

Sachi: Hiya guys!

Loryc: what roll you want? Acting, diplomacy?

Zindal: (Hey Sachi~)

Tristan: (hi there sach)

Loryc: fast-talk?

Garrion: persuasion, intimidation, fast-talk, whatever you think fits

Garrion: you tell me what you are trying to do

Loryc: Well you saw what I said.

Loryc: I’m basically implying that he really needs to check it out now, that wghats inside is important.

Zindal: Just roll whichever one is your best skill, lol

Garrion: i would say persuasion based on the discussion.. you are trying to convince him into a course of action he is reluctant to take

Loryc: okay diplomacy then.

Loryc: ←rolls Diplomacy and gets 13 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 4

Hellknight 1:
HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls Will and gets 13 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Hellknight 1 FAILS by 1

Loryc: I should get some serious bonuses to this as well because my acting roll succeeded critically.

Loryc: Like this guy legitimately believes I’m the cleric, I don’t see why he’d have any rason to doubt me honestly.

Loryc: Unless he thinks the cleric is just some incompetent fool.

Garrion: “Ok, if you insist. I don’t really get what is so damn urgent and can’t wait.!”

Garrion: he rides up to the wagon side and dismounts

Loryc: (okay as he’s reaching towards the wagon… gonna say the following)

Loryc: “There’s another thing too… have you noticed the weather we’re having lately… it’s been raining death.”

Loryc: (That was the trigger word for you guys to attack btw )

  • Zindal hops down from the wagon and fast draws his sword as Loryc gives the code word
  • Tristan prepares to fight! Initiative:Initiative: 18

Garrion: woah now

  • Zindal prepares to fight! Initiative: 16.25

Garrion: don;t start tossing out actions

Garrion: i need inits to see order

Loryc: (Well I figure this should be a surprise round, they’re totally not expecting us to attack right now)

Garrion: well yes they may be suprised.. but you all need to act in order too

Loryc: If this isn’t a surprise attack, I dunno what is. Thie rfriends suddenly in unosn attacked em from all sides.

  • Urso prepares to fight! Initiative: 20.5

Sachi: Aren’t we fighting these guys like… right outside their citadel?

Zindal: lol just roll the inits

Zindal: Nah the citadel is still a ways away

Loryc: nah the citadel is a ways off still.

  • Satomi prepares to fight! Initiative: 23

Satomi: Ahh kk

  • Loryc prepares to fight! Initiative: 17
  • Hellknight 1 prepares to fight! Initiative: 22.75
  • Hellknight 2 prepares to fight! Initiative: 21.75
  • Hellknight 4 prepares to fight! Initiative: 19.75
  • Hellknight 3 prepares to fight! Initiative: 20.75

Satomi: One of them is behind me isn’t he?

Zindal: Yeah

Tristan: (does attacking break the illusion?)

Garrion: yes, someplace back there

  • Eltera prepares to fight! Initiative: 17

Garrion: loryc knows the spell, not me

Loryc: Nope, but taking damage will

Sefiros: can never remember the right button

Urso: (anyway I can move with the guy I was standing by, as he rode his horse up ?)

Garrion: but you interacting with them allows will saves right

Loryc: nope

Zindal: They have to touch you I thought

Garrion: brb, telling parent bye

Loryc: not unless they specifically take an action to disbelieve and that only works with the complex illusions, not the perfect.

Loryc: Some of the group only have the lesser illusion.

Loryc: But they need to specifically take an action to disbelieve (as in the only thing they’re doing) which they’re probably not going to do when someone is swording them in the face.

Loryc: But hey, if they really want to waste a turn disbelieving, that’s cool

Zindal: lol

Loryc: Hey, you were right, it was an illusion. Bad news, your skull is someone’s new sheath.

Tristan: so, I can shoot someone with my bow and they are like “where did that arrow come from?” that’s handy…

Loryc: well no, the arrow is still visible.

Loryc: I mean the ilusion moves with you pretty mcuh, so they’ll still your arms reach out and stuff like you’re firing.

Zindal: Yeah but his bow isn’t, so he’s like miming the action to draw and release lol

Loryc: and it won’t cover the arrow once it’s fired.

Loryc: It doesn’t specifically state what happens in that case. I mean I think the firing motion and the arrow coming would still make it pretty obvious. Though they may not really realize what’s going on in the chaos.

Loryc: Since they’re also being surprise attacked from other sides too

Loryc: So it’s kinda hard to be like “hmm that looks a lot like someone drawing a bow..”

Loryc: And as they’re studying that… Urso’s axe is coming at em./

Loryc: ALso remember you guys got a significant reach too on most of your big weapons

Garrion: ok, back

Loryc: (heh and pout the one guy next to the wagon cause he was about to open the door.

Satomi has received initiative.

Loryc: (the leader should be near the wagon)

Tristan: nice inititives

Zindal: He is, he’s next to Satomi

Loryc: (oh the watgon doesn’t open in the bakc?)

Garrion: nope, the side

Zindal: Apparently not, lol

Loryc: (heh okay, that’s what had me confused)

Urso: (anyway I can move with the guy I was standing by, as he rode his horse up ?)

Loryc: I assumne URso ben following that one guy, so he sholuld be at least within weapons range.

Garrion: i woudn’t assume anything

Garrion: if it was not stated then it was not so

Zindal: Well he’s asking if he can do it

Zindal: So he intends to do so

Garrion: he didn’t know when you were going to say weather

Urso: ( I was away from my computer, I moved up to him, so would have stayed by his side if I could )

Garrion: well that would be odd since you were supposed to be tending to roping the horses up.. you stopping that?

Loryc: (heh well he did say he moved up to him yeah)

Satomi: (sorry was afk momrentarily)

Urso: ( thought I was gonna rope his horse up, is why he dismounted I thought, how supposed to rope it up if I"m not by it?)

Zindal: lol geez, we’re not even going to get through the first round by the end of the night at this rate if we keep lawyering everything

Satomi: (need t0 clean hands0

Garrion: no, tie lead rope to the wagon horses.. to lead/pull them across stream

Urso: (oh, urso thought he was gonna hope the extra horses to the wagon to help em get across the river.. probably why he just a trainee )

Satomi: (back~)

Garrion: i’m just trying to set the stage… i get tired of the meta knowledge being over utilized sometimes

Loryc: Well I dunno if there’s anything meta going on here, I mean he knew this was an ambush

Garrion: ok, urso is ignorant and doesn’t follow orders.. ok

Urso: (heh, not exactly meta, I mean the wagon did have two horses before.. thought was going to attach an extra horse to it )

Garrion: fair enough

Zindal: Yeah I mean we all know that Loryc is trying to lure these guys in so we can shank them

Loryc: Yeah. lol, I mean the whole plan is get close to em and I’ll give the word to fuck em up.

Loryc: which I just gave.

Garrion: satomi is up….

  • Urso moves up to calm the horse then pounds an axe into the guy infront of him. ( hehe)

Garrion: satomi….

Garrion: there she is

Satomi: Yessir, thinking

Satomi: I know I’ve got a dude behind me but I don’t know where >.>;

Garrion: correct

Loryc: should be able to step and attack

Garrion: and a dude in front of you

Loryc: So no penalties.

Loryc: Or maybe not even step.

Zindal: I think she’s more worried about the guy behind her shanking her from behind after she does that

Loryc: Well I mean everyone should have an idea of where the people were cause it ain’t like their heads would be bolted to one side during that whole conversation

Satomi: ^

Garrion: correct.. you have idea of where they were the last time you looked

Satomi: Yeah but I as a player have no idea where he is other than this wedge of black space

Garrion: they were here….

Garrion: now that could change soon

Garrion: and if you not looking you do not know

Loryc: well just turn your token

Loryc: you should know where they are at battle start

Loryc: doing the token tunring thing and just do a 360 so you now where everyone is to start.

Garrion: i popped up a pointer to tell you were they were

Loryc: Since you should know, though once the battle is started you can’t really quick turn

Loryc: Just right lcick on yourself and do set facing, and do a quick 360.

  • Garrion bangs his head on the desk….

Garrion: lol

Satomi: Oh whatever

Garrion: sorry had a bad day at work today

Tristan: (bad day GM’s Wrath!)

Garrion: want to get past this and do some storytelling

Zindal: Me too, one of my buildings is shut down for lack of $20 worth of parts that won’t arrive until Monday

Satomi: x.x

Tristan: (should have got Amazon prime….)

Zindal: Yeah, too bad government procurement hasn’t figured that out yet

Loryc: (Just pick a guy to fight and Tristan will get the free targets of opportunity)

Loryc: (We got a surprise round anyway, or at least we should)

Garrion: ok satomi knows a rider is someplace behind her.. she also has a soldier on foot in front of her

Satomi: I’ll just take a step and attack him, I’m a paranoid to do stuff without G saying I can explicitly >.>;

Urso: ( hehe, Urso and satomi double stuff oreo )

Loryc: heh well I mean he said we know where everyone is to start the fight.

Loryc: Just don’t have a look around once the fight starts. heh.

Garrion: sachi look for my arrow.. he is here….

Satomi: I gotcha

Garrion: ok

Satomi: At the very least he can’t run up and stab me good without having weapon mastery, if I remember right

Satomi: Which is just a guess…

Loryc: Yeah. well he can try but he’ll be capped at skill 9

Loryc: Also you can move agaisnt the wagon and face upwards

Loryc: and do your attack then

Loryc: So your back is to the wagon.

Loryc: Now set your facing to straight up.

Garrion: you really belive hell knights will not have weapon mastry?

Loryc: he’s still in your front arc.

Loryc: Yeah he’s probably got weapon mastery.

Loryc: This guy is supposed to be badass, so I’d recommend facing stright up so now he can’t really attack you defenseless (though he can take a regular attack)

Satomi:
←Attacks Hellknight 1 with a Thrust
in the vitals
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 12 (15 with a modifier of -3)

Satomi SUCCEEDS by 1

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Urso: nice

Garrion: the hellknight is caught off guard

Urso: (surprise no defense or how it works? did we even surprise them or no ?)

Satomi: I don’t mind not being a combat monster, but a bit more skill and some striking ST would be nice…

Satomi: The Smallsword inflicts 5 imp raw damage.

Loryc: They may just be stunned (-4 to defense)

Loryc: I’m not sure how surprise works

Loryc: They probably get some defense if it’s not a back attack but at a penalty I believe.

Satomi: It’s way complicated compared to D&D, I looked at it just now and gave up cause it didn’t seem like we were using it

Tristan: (armor probably soaked it… yeah, you have to have a high ST in low tech or stricking ST)

Garrion: yeah, stunned is the proper response… plus that is his shield side

Urso: (no location for the attack? that odd )

Loryc: And they lose their opening round. Think they gotta make a roll each turn to recover from being mentally stunned, though it’s pretty easy with combat reflexes. So it’ll probably only take em out for 1 round.

Zindal: She hit Vitals

Satomi: (it was vitals)

Zindal: It says Vitals on the roll

Loryc: Combat reflexes reduces the time you’re surprised pretty significanlty if I remember right, but we still get one free round.

Garrion: oh she did didn;t she

Urso: (haha, nevermind, was looking at damage roll )

Garrion: the armor soaks the dagger thrust

Garrion: he is stunned but attepts recovery

Hellknight 1: Stun Recovery Check

Hellknight 1: Hellknight 1 rolls 3d6 and gets 12 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of 0)

Hellknight 1 FAILS by 1

Tristan: (nice)

Loryc: wow nice

Loryc: stunned 2 rounds then.

Garrion: he gets bonus for Combat reflexes though right?

Urso: wow, going all out on my attack then

Garrion: +1

Urso: think so

Zindal: Shouldn’t that already be accounted for?

Garrion: nope, i just rolled a flat macro

Loryc: well depends on what kinda roll he used.

Sefiros: (gonna put something on the stove, buzz me if im not back before my turn)

Loryc: If it’s straight will, it wouldn’t be.

Loryc: or straight IQ I forget what it rolls against

Loryc: since combat ref bonus is specifically just versus surprise.

Garrion: ok, anyway, the way it works he does this at the end of his action… do nothing

Urso: ( +6 to IQ to recover from stun )

Garrion: so you do not really know the result till the next second

Urso: ( so dont think help avoid stun, just recover quickly )

Loryc: Well when you’re surprised you’re considered “mentally stunned” I think

Loryc: And I’m pretty sure combat ref helps agaisnt that.

Hellknight 2: Stun Recovery Check

Hellknight 2: Hellknight 2 rolls 3d6 and gets 14 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of 6)

Hellknight 2 SUCCEEDS by 3

Urso: ( don’t he do that on his turn though?)

Loryc: Yeah, he psends his whole turn recovering

Loryc: I’m pretty sure

Loryc: Though he won’t be stunned anymore with a defense penalty if he succeeds

Loryc: since the stun removes when he makes the roll

Loryc: so that guy is at full defense again

Loryc: (can still stab his ass in the back though)

Garrion: yes, that what i said.. if stunned you have to take a do nothing action (but you still defend at -4.. then at end of turn you roll stun recovery for next round

Urso: ( he up after satomi?)

Hellknight 3: Stun Recovery Check

Hellknight 3: Hellknight 3 rolls 3d6 and gets 10 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of 6)

Hellknight 3 SUCCEEDS by 7

Urso has received initiative.

Tristan: (lol, your plan sucks Loyrc)

Tristan: (let’s let them get really close so they can smash us)

Loryc: well most of our guys are melee beasts)

Loryc: It’s better than them running away

Urso: (there room for him to step up behind the warrior, or horse in the way?)

Loryc: One lone archer ain’t gonna kill all 4 of em.

Tristan: (even though we have an armor piercing ranged fighter that could soften them up)

Loryc: well that assumes they charge.

Satomi: I’m just gonna hide in the wagon I think.

Tristan: (true, but one less is one less. it may be a good plan… we will find out soon enough. at least it was google RP)

Zindal: Just play the combat lol

Zindal: No point in arguing it now

Garrion: it will be a tight fit because you so big

Loryc: My goal was to prevent escape not necessarily to be safe, I mean I assume our fighters can handle themselves.

Tristan: (I might hide in the wagon too…. let Urso crush them all)

Loryc: well you can shoot from atop the wagon.

  • Urso smiles at the warrior then attacks him with his signature move. ( he stunned or no?)

Zindal: Yeah that’s the whole reason you’re on top of the wagon, take potshots at them

Tristan: (not arguing, but I am glad i’m on top of this wagon)

Zindal: Like hit the one guy that’s to the NE

Zindal: Since nobody is on him

Satomi: (yeah, I mean you can actually do something good)

Satomi: (I evidently had tunnel vision)

Urso:
←Attacks Hellknight 1 with a Swing
in the vitals
←Rolls 10 vs. Skill 15 (15 with a modifier of 0)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 5

-3 for vitals, 2 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 1 miscMod, 0 accMod

Tristan: (anything hit by Urso has to be dead in one shot… at least, I hope so)

Zindal: (lol, not with the armor these guys are packing)

Urso: The Throwing Axe inflicts 13 cut raw damage.

Loryc: Urso is a beast.

Loryc: He split his spleen in twain.

Garrion: the attack is on opposite side as shield.. can only dodge…

Loryc: and he’s at -4 to dodge still.

Loryc: since that guy failed the recovery.

Hellknight 1: tries to dodge and rolls a 14 with effective skill 10

Hellknight 1 FAILS by 4

Urso: nice

Urso: just take it

Urso: to the vitals… the old Belly Buster

Loryc: what’s the dmg multiplier of a vitals slash?

Garrion: x3

Loryc: nice.

Tristan: i think that’s thrust

Garrion: oh right

Zindal: Yeah heh, slash is still just 1.5

Garrion: he is slashing

Loryc: oh damn.

Loryc: yeah want to go for the throat with a slash

Garrion: ok, 5 raw

Tristan: then it’s only X 2, the head is what you want. more DR but x4

Garrion: so 7 total

Garrion: correct?

Zindal: Heh, damn, DR 8

Urso: yup, weak

Hellknight 1: is reduced 7 HP, and now has 7 HP.

Urso: (below average damage for me, my average is 15 )

Tristan: you really need weapon master, that would be like plus 8 for you I think

Urso: (heh, 20 pts is alot )

Hellknight 4: Stun Recovery Check

Hellknight 4: Hellknight 4 rolls 3d6 and gets 13 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of 6)

Hellknight 4 SUCCEEDS by 4

Loryc: we need to just get him a composite bow. turn him into an archer.

Tristan: weapon master + swing damage = epic damage

Tristan has received initiative.

Tristan: (there’s that too!)

Loryc: Just take em out hercules style.

Loryc: Fire some mile range arrow.

Tristan: looks like that guy is tied up by urso and zindal had the other front guy, I’ll swing around and protect the boss

Urso: ( probably did knock off 1/4 of his hp at least )

Garrion: remember the others except 1 are all on horseback still

Tristan: (i’m guessing all their visors are down and their faces are protected?0

Garrion: correct

Urso: (take out horses legs )

Tristan: I don’t know if that guy is surprised or not so i’ll try to take advantage of it. he does not think i’m holding a bow (or that i’m an enemy) so taking a shot at number 3 to the vitals

Tristan:
←Attacks Hellknight 3 with a Bodkin Arrow
in the vitals
←Rolls 9 vs. Skill 21 (20 with a modifier of 1)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 12

-3 for vitals, 1 for maneuver, 0 shock, -3 range, 1 miscMod, 5 accMod

Tristan: The Composite Bow (ST14) inflicts 10 pi raw damage.

Tristan: nice

Tristan: and 1/2 dr

Tristan: then X3

Zindal: Should be 18 damage I think

Urso: ( can I get a bodkin axe ?)

Zindal: lol

Tristan: You can get a pick, swing impalig damage and uses the axe skill

Loryc: lol. yeah you’re probably actually better stabbing with bodkin arrows against these guys

Hellknight 3: tries to block and rolls a 18 with effective skill 9

Hellknight 3 CRITICALLY FAILS by 9

Zindal: lol wow, awesome

Urso: nice

Loryc: wow.

Loryc: He gets a critical dodge fumble too

Tristan: I just air bowwed him

Tristan: air bow

Urso: that actualy have an effect in game terms? or just sounds good?

Loryc: Yeah, I think thre’s a crit dodge table

Loryc: Not sure.

Garrion: ko, 18 damage

Hellknight 3: is reduced 18 HP, and now has -4 HP: at half move.

Garrion: ok, tha is major wound

Hellknight 3: Major Wound Check

Hellknight 3: Hellknight 3 rolls 3d6 and gets 15 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of -5)

Hellknight 3 FAILS by 9

Garrion: he passed out from the wound in the saddle….

Tristan: one shot one kill, I’m going to start a sniper school

Tristan: that’s my turn

Urso: nice, one down.. now shift to any about to run

Loryc has received initiative.

Tristan: (not sure these guys run)

Satomi: Are there any gaps in their armor that I can tell?

Garrion: you can always target chinks

Loryc: facing tristan and casting darkness on his hex (basically makes it so he can see out, but nobody can see him)

Garrion: but there is no unarmored area

Loryc: (like it’s pure black in the area)

Loryc: (But he can see out normally)

Tristan: (it’s a generic move Sachi, unless they have “hardend” armor I think)

Loryc: Also dropping my maintenance of the bridge illusion so one less penalty

Loryc: ←rolls Spell (SL 21) and gets 16 vs. Skill (21 with a modifier of -7)

Loryc FAILS by 2

Satomi: (Yeah I just found it in the book, but I’d never hit)

Loryc: heh well so much for that.

Loryc: well the spell si free anyway so no huge deal there

Zindal: lol

Satomi: 7

Eltera has received initiative.

Garrion: nice a spell fail

Sefiros: it’s clobberin’ time

Loryc: heh yeah it’s cause I got 7 other spells up at once. Kinda makes it unreliable to cast.

Tristan: (A real wizard….)

Sefiros: were our weapons out?

Sefiros: i dont remember

Garrion: nope

Eltera: ←rolls Fast-Draw (Sword) and gets 11 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Eltera SUCCEEDS by 5

Eltera: ←rolls Fast-Draw (Sword) and gets 17 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Eltera FAILS by 1

Satomi: Oops

Garrion: would be wierd to have them out with friends approoaching

Sefiros: >…

Satomi: ←rolls Fast-Draw (Sword) and gets 11 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Satomi SUCCEEDS by 5

Sefiros: well thats it for me lol

Satomi: I’d forgotten to do that

Satomi: Don’t worry Sef

Loryc: well at least take a step or something.

Zindal has received initiative.

Tristan: fast draw let’s you get them out in the same turn if you make it, so you have one out and should have an attack still

Satomi: You’ll probably be able to hurt them at least once you have your weapons out >..

Garrion: nope

Garrion: since he failed the other he has to take the whole action to ready it

Satomi: I think if you fail the roll you have to take a ready action, yeah

Garrion: Zindal the master blade is up

Zindal: All righty, Fast Draw time

Satomi: Master blader*

Zindal: ←rolls Fast-Draw (Sword) and gets 9 vs. Skill (17 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 8

Zindal: Which side is #2’s shield side?

Garrion: left side for all

Loryc: I’d assume normally we can assume righthandedness

Garrion: they all right handed weapons

Zindal: Okay so since he’s facing me I can approach from the south to get his vulnerable side

Garrion: yep, iunless i state otherwise

Zindal: Will spend FP for move and attack without penalty

Zindal: receives -1 fatigue, and now has 11 FP.

Zindal: I assume since he’s mounted I can’t reach his eyes with a thrust

Zindal: If I can though then I’m totally going to stab him in the eye

Garrion: correct

Loryc: leap attack?

Garrion: too high

Zindal: Okay, I’ll Thrust against Vitals and target armor chink

Garrion: wow, double penalty

Zindal:
←Attacks Hellknight 2 with a Thrust
in the vitals
←Rolls 10 vs. Skill 11 (21 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 1

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -7 miscMod, 0 accMod

Loryc: and he still hits heh.

Tristan: nice

Zindal: It says the penalty becomes -10 and replaces the normal penalty, heh

Zindal: So I made up the difference in other mods

Garrion: oh, ok

Hellknight 2: tries to dodge and rolls a 12 with effective skill 6

Hellknight 2 FAILS by 6

Zindal: Awesome

Zindal: The Longsword inflicts 5 imp raw damage.

Zindal: Wow, shit damage

Zindal: lol that was my minimum damage

Garrion: but no DR

Hellknight 2: is reduced 5 HP, and now has 9 HP.

Urso: (wow, that like your minimum?)

Zindal: Heh, it says it halves DR actually

Garrion: oh ok

Zindal: Yes that’s my minimum damage for a Thrust

Loryc: wow… zindal is sucking the big one.

Garrion: in that case 1 daamge

Loryc: Luck roll that?

Zindal: lol I guess I could Luck it

Zindal: Yeah hell with it, my Parry is boss

Zindal: I’ll Luck roll the damage

Tristan: you may want that luck for defence…

Zindal: So best of 3

Zindal: Like I said, my Parry is boss, lol

Zindal: The Longsword inflicts 9 imp raw damage.

Zindal: The Longsword inflicts 7 imp raw damage.

Hellknight 2: regains 5 HP, and now has 14 HP.

Loryc: Wow…

Zindal: Okay, the 9 damage

Satomi: Like a bawss.

Zindal: So reduced to 5 by DR, x3 becomes 15

Garrion: ok, so that is 5 raw

Loryc: well okay, that’s not bad.

Garrion: 15 stab to vitals

Tristan: much better

Loryc: Probably at least puts him in negatives.

Hellknight 2: is reduced 15 HP, and now has -1 HP: at half move.

Loryc: Though he could very well not fall down from that

Hellknight 2: Major Wound Check

Loryc: hopefully it does knock him off the horse.

Hellknight 2: Hellknight 2 rolls 3d6 and gets 13 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of -5)

Hellknight 2 FAILS by 7

Zindal: Awesome

Loryc: lol.

Garrion: and he slumps in his saddle

Tristan: (we got the weak hellknights nice)

Satomi has received initiative.

  • Zindal smirks… “All too easy.”

Urso: ( geez, guess only my guy has any real badassery )

Zindal: lol you don’t call stabbing a full plate knight in the gut through a weak spot in his armor and one shotting him badass?

Tristan: (yeah, I only pick fights with the weak ones)

Loryc: (Also Sachi if you can’t damage them, attack their horses)

Loryc: (At the very least you knock em prone)

Tristan: (we were saying he’s a badass if he could take it)

Loryc: (or reduce their mobility)

Urso: (heh, or just grab the reins )

Zindal: (Ah heh, I gotcha)

Loryc: yeah or cut the reins.

Tristan: (urso’s dude just took an axe… from urso)

Zindal: Well only one is left on a horse right now I think, lol

Zindal: The one on Eltera

Loryc: oh right, yeah that guy isn’t mounted.

Loryc: could just spook his horse.

Garrion: ok satomi

Satomi: Hmmm

Garrion: rounds take what 15 minutes, if we are lucky… try to have action ready

Satomi: So which number is mounted? 4? 2 and 3 are down?

Zindal: Yeah 4

Urso: Just #4

Zindal: I think 2 and 3 are technically still mounted, but they’re both unconscious at the moment

Garrion: 2 and 3 still in saddles but slumped

Garrion: not falled to ground yet

Loryc: oh they don’t fall off? I figure they’d probably fall if unconscious.

Satomi: Could I move up to this one and take the reins to try and lead it away from the guy?

Loryc: Well maybe the guy with the arrow wouldn’t but getting hit with a sword should.

Loryc: since he stabbed him from the side

Garrion: they may.. on their turn

Urso: (ya, they can recover, either nail em again, or toss em off their saddles )

Garrion: the north horse.. sure you can do that is nothing else to do

Garrion: yo have to move and take ready to grab reigns

Garrion: so several round action…

Garrion: ok, so you move for now

Satomi: Better than stabbing ineffectively at a guy who could skewer me >.>

Garrion: the hell knight turns to face urso….

Garrion: “What the fuck are you thinking recruit!”

Garrion: and draws his weapon….

Garrion: Fast-Draw rolls 3d6 and gets 9 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Fast-Draw SUCCEEDS by 4

Garrion: breaking it free and swinging it in one solid motion

Loryc: “I keep telling him to stop trying to kill superior officers, but… he’s a slow learner. Really skilled at killing people though.”

Hellknight 1:
←Attacks Urso with a Swing
in the skull
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 12 (19 with a modifier of -7)

Hellknight 1 SUCCEEDS by 1

-7 for skull, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: Ooh, that’s gonna hurt

Urso: tries to dodge and rolls a 7 with effective skill 10

Urso SUCCEEDS by 3

Zindal: Nice

Garrion: lucky ass

Urso: (actually its my most protected spot, 9 DR )

Zindal: lol wow

Tristan: wow, Garrion isn’t pulling any punches….

Zindal: Well they are Hellknights

Tristan: hey, you don’t get into a fight unless your ready to get hurt…

Garrion: #2 falls from his saddle as the horse starts to move

Loryc: heh yeah you gotta expect they’re gonna try to take you out.

Urso: ( hehe )

Urso: ( I assume these are warhorses?)

Garrion: yes

Garrion: so not spooked, but not being directerd either so act on own

Garrion: ditto wirth #3

Urso: (heh, probably just move off a bit and find some food )

Urso has received initiative.

Urso: " this not right way to ask for raise?" as he slashes again at the knight.

Tristan: lol

Urso:
←Attacks Hellknight 1 with a Swing
in the vitals
←Rolls 13 vs. Skill 13 (15 with a modifier of -2)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 0

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 1 miscMod, 0 accMod

Hellknight 1: tries to block and rolls a 7 with effective skill 13

Hellknight 1 SUCCEEDS by 6

Tristan: (why are you swinging to the vitals?)

Urso: is my signature move

Zindal: lol if you’re gonna slash then hit the neck

Tristan: (you need a pick axe then, no point to swinging to the vitals, you get a minus and no benefit)

Urso: (that alot harder )

Garrion: #4 spurs his horse forward…..

Zindal: Yeah heh, need to do thrust if you’re hitting Vitals

Garrion: while drawing weapon

Tristan: (swing to torso or to the skull, or just swing random. swing damage does not really matter where you hit)

Sefiros: kick the horse in the balls?

Loryc: lol

Satomi: (“It’s the biggest con since Genghis!”)

Loryc: that would be awesome if you did that

Tristan: (swing to skull could be instant death if you hit, or just get weapon master and random it, you will destory anything you touch)

Tristan: lol

Urso: ( will take a while to get 20 pts to spend )

Tristan: (no male is safe…)

Garrion: Fast-Draw rolls 3d6 and gets 9 vs. Skill (13 with a modifier of 0)

Fast-Draw SUCCEEDS by 4

Garrion: the horse moves forward with the rider while he swings down at Eltera

Error in body of roll. Statement options (if any): r Statement Body : getName(targetID)

Hellknight 4:
←Attacks Eltera with a Swing
in the skull
←Rolls 6 vs. Skill 13 (19 with a modifier of -6)

Hellknight 4 SUCCEEDS by 7

-7 for skull, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 1 miscMod, 0 accMod

Sefiros: parry roll?

Zindal: Yeah Parry or Dodge

Zindal: Or Block if you have it

Garrion: against morn ing star.. yes but at -2

Tristan: (only block -2)

Eltera: tries to parry and rolls a 9 with effective skill 13

Eltera SUCCEEDS by 4

Garrion: i think

Sefiros: i did -2

Tristan: (actually, parry maybe too…. not sure)

Tristan: (nice)

Zindal: Heh, made it either way

Garrion: Eltera parries the stong blow as he rides past

Sefiros: “You cunt! Running away from a girl!”

  • Sefiros kicks dirt.

Urso: (get, get em sniper )

Garrion: well it is a ride by attack..

Tristan has received initiative.

Tristan: (so, i’m looking at his back now?)

Garrion: who’s back?

Tristan: 4

Garrion: no

Tristan: he just rode by, can I face over there and get him in the back?

Zindal: Side probably

Tristan: you can take a step as part of a move right?

Garrion: he is directly south of you… you see his profile

Zindal: Would say just change facing and stay where you are

Tristan: is a step 1 yard or just like a foot?

Garrion: but not shield side

Zindal: 1 yard

Tristan: so, if I can step one yard I would like to diagnal it so i’m behind him

Tristan: not sure if that’s cool or not.

Garrion: not really behind him.. he still defends at that angle but at -2

Tristan: ok, let’s make this fun. first I have to quickdraw

Tristan: ←rolls Fast-Draw (Arrow) and gets 5 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 10

Zindal: Yeah you gotta be like directly behind to get the back attack

Urso: (heh, waste of a crit )

Loryc: yeah I’ts tough to get back attack you gotta be like… in the dark zone in your vision.

Garrion: well in the dark area is no defense

Tristan: (yeah)

Tristan: (that dark spell failed)

Garrion: anywhere from 180 to the rear visible limit is -2 to defend

Tristan: I’m going to shoot the horse in the vitals and try to topple the rider

Garrion: boooo, horse killer

Garrion: time to send in the druid

Tristan: large creature + 1?

Garrion: what proper ranger kills horses instead of his target

Tristan: i’ll shoot that druid too

Tristan: a hungry one?

Garrion: yes, +1 for size

Zindal: The Druids in Cheliax are all too busy harvesting the forests to stoke the bonfires for worshipping Asmodeus

Tristan:
←Attacks Horse_Dun 4 with a Bodkin Arrow
in the vitals
←Rolls 9 vs. Skill 21 (20 with a modifier of 1)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 12

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -1 range, 0 miscMod, 5 accMod

Zindal: At least according to what I read the other day

Tristan: any armor?

Loryc: heh oh damn the druids are evil too?

Tristan: The Composite Bow (ST14) inflicts 9 pi raw damage.

Zindal: Well not really evil

Loryc: How can a druid worship asmodeus lol… that’s weird

Zindal: It’s more they’re forced to do it if they don’t want the government to cull them

Zindal: Though that was just one order actually

Garrion: the horse flinches…

Tristan: (i’m not doing it to be evil, trying to neatralize the armored knight so he does not get an attack on my friends)

Garrion: Dodge rolls 3d6 and gets 7 vs. Skill (9 with a modifier of 0)

Dodge SUCCEEDS by 2

Zindal: Nimble horse

Tristan: seriously? would a horse really expect an attack?

Garrion: oh forgot the -2, but still succeeds

Tristan: Like “oh no, an archer with an invisable bow, I should dodge that”

Tristan: invisible

Zindal: lol yeah, I kinda wonder about that

Zindal: Is it smart enough to realize what you’re doing?

Garrion: it is more an action of random movement, not always a conscious dodge effort

Tristan: i’ll luck it, die horse

Tristan: I hope my ranger buddies don’t find out

Zindal: Heh, well I guess you could try for a critical success

Zindal: But you can’t change the horse’s dodge roll

Garrion: correct

Tristan: oh, I can’t? well, I succedded by 3 or more, can I hit the rider?

Tristan: if so, I want to luck him to miss his dodge

Garrion: no, you were aiming for the horse

Zindal: You can’t make someone else redo their roll

Zindal: You only get to redo your roll

Garrion: the rider was not providing cover

Tristan: lol, where did that arrow go?

Tristan: I can hit an eyeball at 50 yards but not a horse 5 feet away?

Tristan: ok, that’s my turn

Garrion: had the rider been in front then you could hit him on a 9

Garrion: oh well, that is the way the cookie crumbles… sad panda

Tristan: sad panda indeed

Loryc has received initiative.

Tristan: dibs on the magic horse

Loryc: Hmm I’ll try darkness on tristan again

Loryc: So that he becomes an unseen attacker.

Loryc: ←rolls Spell (SL 21) and gets 15 vs. Skill (21 with a modifier of -7)

Loryc FAILS by 1

Loryc: damn lol

Zindal: lol

Loryc: oh well

Tristan: (closer that time)

Zindal: You might as well drop the disguises dude

Zindal: No sense maintaining them now

Eltera has received initiative.

Tristan: (then the horse will know I have a bow, then we are in real trouble)

Loryc: (Well just in case, it ain’t like you guys really need a ton of help)

Loryc: (in case one does escape)

Loryc: (Might as well have a contingency plan)

Loryc: (It aint like you guys are in that much danger right now)

Loryc: (We got em outnumbered 2 to 1, not counting me.

Eltera: just delay, gotta check my grub

Zindal has received initiative.

Zindal: lol

Tristan: (horse balls are close…)

Urso: (heh, mess with that dudes horse )

Garrion: Loryc keeps making a constipated look.. he must have to go really bad

Tristan: lol

Tristan: and staring and pointing at me…

Tristan: a little bothersum

Loryc: nah I dont’ gotta point.

Loryc: I don’t need gestures for anything

Zindal: Hmm, looks like I can step and just barely be in Thrust range for the dude on horseback

Loryc: I just concentrate into space.

Tristan: (just the “I have to take a poop” face?)

Loryc: lol… well I’ll use acting to cover up that face. so I don’t look weird.

Loryc: ←rolls Acting and gets 9 vs. Skill (20 with a modifier of 0)

Loryc SUCCEEDS by 11

Satomi: (Hey G, whenever you have a sec… I know there aren’t class restrictions on spells anymore, but are the other restrictions in DF1 still in place? Like no teleportation or time travel? Or radiation spells? >.>; )

Tristan: (that guy defintatly does not have to take a poop)

Garrion: well radiation would be out of place

Zindal: Eh, I’ll spend an FP to move and attack and circle around to his unshielded flank

Zindal: receives -1 fatigue, and now has 10 FP.

Garrion: i’ll have to look at the others

Garrion: i mean D&D has teleport so i don;t see why not unless it is really crazy

Satomi: (Hehe ok, no rush, I’m still working on that pixie as a side project mostly)

Zindal: Thrust into armor chink in the Vitals

Garrion: not the damphir?

Satomi: (That’s Sef)

Garrion: oh satomi speaking.. you both have red text

Zindal:
←Attacks Hellknight 4 with a Thrust
in the vitals
←Rolls 4 vs. Skill 11 (21 with a modifier of -10)

Zindal CRITICALLY SUCCEEDS by 7

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -7 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: lol fuck yeah

Urso: nice

Tristan: (Zindal is really a ninja)

Satomi: (Sorry, I was going for like a salmon pink kind of color >.>; )

Zindal: The Longsword inflicts 6 imp raw damage.

Zindal: Kinda crap damage though

Tristan: he can’t defend though

Garrion: hehe, well it may be different but pretty similar

Zindal: G roll for my crit success

Garrion: ok, zindal makes a critical strike

Zindal: He takes 6 after DR since I hit a chink

Zindal: 6 raw reduced to 2, x3 for Vitals

Garrion: you can rol it if you want.. you have it on your sheet as a link

Zindal: Oh heh, okay, let me find it

Zindal: Normal damage only.

Zindal: Lame

Garrion: now you can’t blame me ;)

Zindal: lol

Tristan: (yeah, most of the time crits seem to be normal damage. at least they are undefendable)

Zindal: 6 to the Vitals then, heh

Loryc: Yeah. the non defending is huge

Loryc: especialyl when attacking someone like zindal with uber parry

Satomi: Is neon-ass green still readable?

Satomi: Ow not really

Urso: ouch

Zindal: Ow

Tristan: barley

Loryc: lol. that hurts my eyes.

Garrion: wow, thas hard on the eyes

Loryc: don’t use that

Urso: darken it up

Satomi has received initiative.

Tristan: and it “burns us”

Loryc: use purple maybe?

Garrion: ok, 6 raw

Tristan: what would the fox use?

Zindal: It’s 6 total too

Garrion: x3 for vitals

Urso: red

Zindal: Half DR reduces it to 2, and then x3 for Vitals

Satomi: Yeah, I hit on that right as you said it~

Satomi: ooo, I like that

Garrion: oh ok

Urso: looks good

Tristan: purple is nice

Garrion: so 6 total.. good hit but not too hard

Hellknight 4: is reduced 6 HP, and now has 8 HP.

Loryc: Zindal is slowly chipping away at his kidney.

Satomi: Went for more of a bluish purple to differentiate it from Sef and Tab more

Garrion: that one is good

  • Satomi takes the horse’s reins, making sure to stay on the other side from the Hellknight.

Zindal: “Hm… My aim was a bit off on that one. But no matter.”

Garrion: the hell knight swings again at his “rookie” foe

Hellknight 1:
←Attacks Urso with a Swing
in the right arm
←Rolls 7 vs. Skill 17 (19 with a modifier of -2)

Hellknight 1 SUCCEEDS by 10

-2 for right arm, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Zindal: Wow, that would have been a critical success if he’d rolled a little lower

Garrion: attempting to break his weapon arm

Loryc: well be glad it isn’t a critical success…

Urso: tries to dodge and rolls a 15 with effective skill 12

Urso FAILS by 3

Tristan: tell me you have luck…

Urso: no

Loryc: wellh e does have a fuckton of HP{

Hellknight 1: The Morning Star inflicts 14 cr raw damage.

Urso: dr 4

Tristan: at least crush is not multiplied (except to the head)

Zindal: Heh, ouch

Garrion: apply 10 to right arm

Urso: My arm is down to 5 HPs and overall I’m down to 18 HPs.

Urso has received initiative.

Urso: " my turn"

  • Urso attacks him again.

Urso:
←Attacks Hellknight 1 with a Swing
in the Left Arm
←Rolls 8 vs. Skill 15 (15 with a modifier of 0)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 7

0 for Left Arm, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Garrion: and he attempts to block with his shield

Zindal: Bah, that’s the shield arm

Urso: (just did random )

Hellknight 1: tries to block and rolls a 8 with effective skill 13

Hellknight 1 SUCCEEDS by 5

Loryc: Also remember you can take -2 on your attack for -1 to his defense

Tristan: shield are very useful

Loryc: with a deceptive attack

Garrion: thanks for reminding me

Satomi: (Even a cloak is awesome, if a shield is inconvenient for whatever reason)

Urso: (heh, shoot an arrow at this guy )

Satomi: (Still gives you a DB, you can still block with it if you have a free hand, etc)

Zindal: Yeah, Cloak is what got my Parry up to 20

Tristan: (yeah, they are nice, and you can use them both)

Garrion: #4 swings around in a tight circle

Loryc: can you block arrows witha cloak or just melee?

Garrion: coming back at Zindal/Eltera

Tristan has received initiative.

Tristan: (you could probably block but the damage would go right through)

Zindal: Think just melee

Zindal: Or yeah the damage would just shred it

Eltera: theres a samurai silk cloak that was good at deflecting arrows ironically

Tristan: did urso scream out or anything?

Garrion: yep, it flowed behind as they rode

Satomi: (I think a cloak block is more of a misdirection than a shield-type “soak” anyway)

Eltera: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B_6BU7SYf8

Urso: (probably grunted loudly, he don’t scream.. high pain tolerance )

Loryc: yeah just wondering if it helped versus missiles.

Tristan: i’ll turn around and try to help Urso out

  • Zindal has a smug smile on his face as he faces off against the mounted Hellknight, his sword slick with the rider’s blood

Eltera: A horo, is what its called

Eltera: (works susprisingly well too)

Tristan: fat chance, but let’s try to drop one through the eye slit. if I use luck how would that work?

Garrion: he on the ground and you on wagon.. not a good angle from therrt

Zindal: You take the best of 3 rolls

Satomi: (And if the damage were the problem with arrows that’d still be an issue with melee >.>;

Garrion: that better

Tristan: i can step

Urso: (good angle for head shot )

Tristan: ok, let’s see if my fast draw works before I step

Garrion: you higher.. you get +1 for elevation

Tristan: ←rolls Fast-Draw (Arrow) and gets 13 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 2

Tristan: using luck to roll three times. he blocked already so I don’t think he can do that, also got plus 1 and not sure if I get plus 2 because of the side or not

Urso: (heh, I"m 8’ tall, shouldn’t I always get that ? hehe )

Garrion: nope

Tristan:
←Attacks Hellknight 1 with a Bodkin Arrow
in the eye
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 17 (20 with a modifier of -3)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 6

-9 for eye, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, 1 miscMod, 5 accMod

Garrion: to both questions

Tristan: guess I don’t need luck…

Loryc: Oh wait urso took damage so I don’t gotta project his illusion anymore

Zindal: Heh well you can try for a crit success

Tristan: but I did call it so I will roll

Tristan:
←Attacks Hellknight 1 with a Bodkin Arrow
in the eye
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 17 (20 with a modifier of -3)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 6

-9 for eye, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, 1 miscMod, 5 accMod

Urso: yup

Garrion: he attempts to dodge at a penanlty’

Tristan:
←Attacks Hellknight 1 with a Bodkin Arrow
in the eye
←Rolls 13 vs. Skill 17 (20 with a modifier of -3)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 4

-9 for eye, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 range, 1 miscMod, 5 accMod

Tristan: ok, hope he does not just dodge it…

Zindal: Oh well, still a good hit if he doesn’t dodge

Hellknight 1: tries to dodge and rolls a 10 with effective skill 8

Hellknight 1 FAILS by 2

Zindal: Awesome

Tristan: sweetness

Urso: nice

Tristan: The Composite Bow (ST14) inflicts 11 pi raw damage.

Tristan: holy shit

Tristan: x4, no dr

Tristan: 44

Zindal: lol, Helmet might give him some DR, depending on if it covers the eyes enough

Loryc: Smoked.

Tristan: nah, your – 10 for the eye slit

Loryc: None of the medieval helmets cover the eyes in GURPS I dont’ think

Garrion: well you can’t really target eye at that angle….

Tristan: that was through the eye slit

Urso: they don’t.. no helmets protect the eyes

Loryc: yeah, unless it’s magic or something.

Tristan: damn, taking my 44 huh? that was dragan slaying type damage

Zindal: Heh, call it a head shot then

Garrion: that is the side of his head.. he got penalty because you were in his blind spot

Zindal: He used a bodkin so DR 1, 40 damage still

Zindal: Or well plus the helm I guess

Tristan: yeah, it will have to be headshot then

Garrion: ok

Tristan: what kind of helmet?

Garrion: head shot it is

Tristan: plus his skull gets 2 dr

Garrion: great helm

Tristan: goot thing I rolled good damage

Urso: same as me, so 9

Zindal: Heh, so 5 DR after bodkin

Tristan: so 4? (round down right?)

Tristan: or up?

Garrion: round down

Tristan: ok, so 7 × 4

Tristan: 28

Tristan: still nice

Garrion: to the head

Zindal: Skull adds to DR as well though

Zindal: Doesn’t it?

Tristan: not 44 but still very nice

Tristan: (that was already halved)

Zindal: Or is 9 with skull DR counted?

Tristan: 7+2 is 9, divided by two rounded down

Tristan: yup

Zindal: Ah okay

Zindal: Yeah, 28 to the head then

Tristan: so, 11 – 4 × 4

Tristan: done

Hellknight 1: is reduced 28 HP, and now has -21 HP: at half move.
Hellknight 1 breaches -14 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.

Urso: ( 28… heh would knock urso down to 0 hp )

Tristan: arrow to the brain would do that

Zindal: lol yeah

Zindal: Like when I killed that alligator on a one shot

Tristan: yup

Urso: ( well only 0 hp, far from dead )

Garrion: ok, first major wound then death roll

Tristan: is that instant death or does he roll vs ma

Tristan: ok

Hellknight 1: Major Wound Check

Hellknight 1: Hellknight 1 rolls 3d6 and gets 10 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of -10)

Hellknight 1 FAILS by 9

Zindal: Splat

Garrion: unconscious

Hellknight 1: Death Check

Hellknight 1: Hellknight 1 rolls 3d6 and gets 10 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of -1)

Hellknight 1 SUCCEEDS by 0

Zindal: lol wow

Garrion: but alive

Tristan: wow, that’s why he’s the buss

Tristan: boss

Loryc has received initiative.

Loryc: Just the one to the south is still up right?

Zindal: Yup

Garrion: yep

Loryc: guess I’ll just go full D for now. he’s too far away to spell effectively, and we got him way outnumbered.

Eltera has received initiative.

Garrion: you do have a big ass balista on the roof with you

Zindal: Minimum range penalty is a bitch

  • Eltera drops one of her longswords and draws a knife.

Zindal: Worse than an Inner Sphere PPC

Eltera: ←rolls Fast-Draw (Knife) and gets 11 vs. Skill (16 with a modifier of 0)

Eltera SUCCEEDS by 5

  • Eltera flips the knife in her hand as she closes one eye and then tosses it for the horses eyes.

Garrion: well it not a true balista.. it is a heavy crossbow on a tripod

Tristan: (ranger gasps)

Loryc: well I got shitty dex.

Loryc: I can’t fire a ballista

Zindal: You can fire it, just not well, lol

Tristan: i think it’s intellegence based for a balista, but a crossbow is dex

Loryc: oh really? It’s IQ based?

Loryc: I could fire it pretty well then by default

Loryc: figured it was dex based

Eltera:
←Attacks Horse_Dun 4 with a Thrown
in the eye
←Rolls 10 vs. Skill 4 (15 with a modifier of -11)

Eltera FAILS by 6

-9 for eye, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -2 range, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Eltera: luck that

Loryc: ballista targetting computer.

Eltera:
←Attacks Horse_Dun 4 with a Thrown
in the eye
←Rolls 10 vs. Skill 4 (15 with a modifier of -11)

Eltera FAILS by 6

-9 for eye, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -2 range, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Garrion: well this is a large crossbow.. so it is dex… not a true balista for bombardmaent

Eltera:
←Attacks Horse_Dun 4 with a Thrown
in the eye
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 4 (15 with a modifier of -11)

Eltera FAILS by 7

-9 for eye, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -2 range, 0 miscMod, 0 accMod

Eltera: tonightds not my night

Zindal has received initiative.

Satomi: :(

Tristan: you are trying to roll a 4

Loryc: yeah lol.

Zindal: It says Ballista is gunner skill which is DX-4

Loryc: Very unlikely you’re gonna hit a 4

Urso: (heh, only have a 2 in 16 chance there e)

Zindal: the IQ roll is for loading it or some shit

Eltera: i dont know these rules, im just guessing as what to do pretty much heh

Eltera: i never remmeber all this shit

Zindal: Oh, the IQ roll is to clear a jam, lol

Garrion: Zindal is up

Zindal: Hmm

Garrion: Eltera tossed a dagger and missed

Loryc: bodkin arrow may actually be better than the ballista though anyway

Zindal: I’ll go for the horse too and try to take it down

Zindal: Actually, I’ll Rapid Strike with one at the rider and one at the horse

Tristan: and a bow and crossbow uses different skills (so i’m not good at a crossbow)

Satomi: That at least makes sense

Garrion: Mounted on top of the carriage roof is a Large heavy crossbow (essentially a small ballista); it can turn to fire in all directions, but cannot fire at a target on or adjacent to the wagon.

Zindal: First Rapid Strike Slash vs Neck on Rider

Garrion: deals 2d+2

Zindal:
←Attacks Hellknight 4 with a Swing
in the neck
←Rolls 11 vs. Skill 13 (21 with a modifier of -8)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 2

-5 for neck, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -3 miscMod, 0 accMod

Garrion: OOC meta info

Zindal: And then same vs Horse

Zindal:
←Attacks Horse_Dun 4 with a Swing
in the neck
←Rolls 9 vs. Skill 13 (21 with a modifier of -8)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 4

-5 for neck, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, -3 miscMod, 0 accMod

Garrion: neck is way the fuck up there… you can reach but due to hight you are at -2

Garrion: oh nm.. the horse

Zindal: Okay, I still succeed by 0, lol

Zindal: I’m hitting both in the neck

Garrion: you bunch of horse killers

Zindal: One on rider, one on horse

Zindal: Rapid Strike

Tristan: technially, zindal will be the only horse killer

Zindal: And I succeed by 0 on the rider even with the penalty

Garrion: ok, rider first… shield side

Zindal: Yup

Hellknight 4: tries to block and rolls a 6 with effective skill 14

Hellknight 4 SUCCEEDS by 8

Zindal: Bah

Garrion: now the horse….

Tristan: watch the horse dodge

Garrion: Dodge rolls 3d6 and gets 12 vs. Skill (9 with a modifier of 0)

Dodge FAILS by 3

Zindal: Nice

Zindal: The Longsword inflicts 10 cut raw damage.

Zindal: 20 to the neck

Tristan: nice

Zindal: Assuming horse has no DR

Garrion: not going to bother looking up horse…. probably DR 1 from hide

Satomi has received initiative.

Garrion: you chops its neck clean open and it crumbles to the ground tossing its rider…..

Urso: ( damn, he not Gregor )

Zindal: “Why don’t you lower yourself to my level? That’s better…”

Satomi: They’re all down except the one on the other side, right?

Zindal: Yeah

Zindal: Think so

Hellknight 4:
HIDDEN ROLL

←rolls DX and gets 7 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of -6)

Hellknight 4 FAILS by 1

Loryc: just let the butchery commence.

Satomi: I’ll just keep the horse calm and in line then, I doubt I’m gonna contribute much over there.

Garrion: the hell knighs rolls across the ground prone

Garrion: 1

Tristan: keep that horse that was just beheaded calm

Satomi: Wait you mean the one with Zindal and Eltera right?

Satomi: ok

Satomi: Oh

Zindal: Yeah heh

Satomi: I though he killed the other horse

Urso: ( all 4 of these true hell knights? or are the leaders just that much better then regular hell knights?)

Zindal: Nah the one on the south

Tristan: (yeah, just kidding)

Zindal: With the last Hellknight that’s still up

Garrion: they actually all the same

Zindal: I decapitated his horse and sent him tumbling

Garrion: Satomi holding horse

Garrion: nto full decapitation.. just cut open jugular

Zindal: Aww

Zindal: Still badass

Garrion: what was damage 20?

Tristan: (i’m impressed that you hit the horse…. it dodge my arrow)

Zindal: Yeah 20 damage

Zindal: Assuming no DR

Zindal: 10 raw

Zindal: x2 to neck

Garrion: that may actually be enough.. anyway minor point

Garrion: the head nearly flops off

Urso has received initiative.

  • Urso growls as he reaches down, grabs the side of his helmet and rips it off his head. ( if his head follows along, so be it )

Urso: ←rolls ST and gets 11 vs. Skill (18 with a modifier of 0)

Urso SUCCEEDS by 7

Garrion: haha

Tristan: fantastic…

Urso: ( 18 str, 23 to carry … )

Urso: ( and 21 str to damage )

Garrion: you rips the helmet and the arrow piercing the skull and helm together causes it not to slip off and urso feels the neck stretching lose

Tristan: (still my kill urso

Urso: ( just know my one hand lift 230 lb )

Garrion: The hell knight attempts to get up

Garrion: and gets to knees

Urso: ( so I can probably pick him up one handed by his head.. hehe )

Tristan has received initiative.

Tristan: pretty sure Urso is going to skull fuck that one, I turn back around to see if the other guy is up

Zindal: Heh, on his knees right now

Zindal: With Zindal poised for a back attack

Tristan: hell knight 4, is he prone?

Zindal: Also you see his horse mostly headless on the ground

Zindal: He’s on his knees

Garrion: not anymore.. he turned as he got to knees

Zindal: So… half prone

Tristan: ←rolls Fast-Draw (Arrow) and gets 10 vs. Skill (15 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 5

Zindal: And his horse is prone and mostly missing its head

Garrion: time for a boromir scene

Tristan: bonus for prone?

Garrion: no

Tristan:
←Attacks Hellknight 4 with a Bodkin Arrow
in the vitals
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 21 (20 with a modifier of 1)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 9

-3 for vitals, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, -2 range, 1 miscMod, 5 accMod

Loryc: think prone may penalize his dodge at least.

Garrion: GURPS does not really give many attack bonuses, mostly defense penalties

  • Zindal flashes Tristan an annoyed look

Tristan: jelous

Garrion: non-shielded side

Tristan: he has to try to dodge (or maybe he does not…)

Hellknight 4: tries to dodge and rolls a 12 with effective skill 8

Hellknight 4 FAILS by 4

Tristan: The Composite Bow (ST14) inflicts 6 pi raw damage.

Tristan: crapola damage

Tristan: dr 6 or 8?

Garrion: 8

Zindal: Heh, think that’s another 6 to the vitals, DR 8

Tristan: yup, 6 to the vitals.

Zindal: So -4 since you used a bodkin, x3

Hellknight 4: is reduced 6 HP, and now has 2 HP: at half move.

Tristan: “damn that plate”

Loryc has received initiative.

Loryc: I’ll keep full defense

Eltera has received initiative.

Garrion: Loryc tries to poop again, haha

Loryc: nah just doing full D, no point doing much these guys got the killing under control

Garrion: ok eltera, now your chance to kill steal

Tristan: (he has to poop… but you would never know it…O

Garrion: eltera….

Zindal has received initiative.

Zindal: Seems like Sef is afk

Loryc: Yeah with rank 20 acting, he’s hard to read

Garrion: then no kill steal

Zindal: “A pity you weren’t more of a challenge. I’m growing bored with your kind.”

Zindal: You said their eyes aren’t protected, so signature attack, Thrust to the Eye

Zindal:
←Attacks Hellknight 4 with a Thrust
in the eye
←Rolls 12 vs. Skill 13 (21 with a modifier of -8)

Zindal SUCCEEDS by 1

-9 for eye, 0 for maneuver, 0 shock, 0 attacker’s posture, 1 miscMod, 0 accMod

Hellknight 4: tries to dodge and rolls a 7 with effective skill 3

Hellknight 4 FAILS by 4

Zindal: The Longsword inflicts 5 imp raw damage.

Zindal: 20 to the eye

Zindal: lol, minimum damage again

Hellknight 4: is reduced 20 HP, and now has -18 HP: at half move.
Hellknight 4 breaches -14 HP. Roll against modified HT to avoid dying.

Tristan: looks like we stumbled on the new recruits…

Garrion: major wound

Hellknight 4: Major Wound Check

Hellknight 4: Hellknight 4 rolls 3d6 and gets 12 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of -10)

Hellknight 4 CRITICALLY FAILS by 11

Loryc: yeah he’s fucked.

Zindal: lol, splat

Hellknight 4: Death Check

Hellknight 4: Hellknight 4 rolls 3d6 and gets 11 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of -1)

Hellknight 4 FAILS by 1

Garrion: skewered throughthe brian

Garrion: brain

  • Zindal shoves the Hellknight over with his foot as he pulls his sword free

Zindal: “And that’s that.”

Garrion: you survey the area quickly and see no other signes of trouble

Garrion: signs

Satomi: “We’d better get out of here…”

Garrion: yo clean up your mess and formulate a plan to hide your deeds.. or maybe display.. that is up to you

Zindal: “Let’s at least see if they have anything valuable on them… I hate working without being paid.”

Tristan: “No rush, these guys did not live up to their reputation”

Loryc: Well bascially we were gonna take the wagon and dump it into the swamp with the bodies.

Tristan: “you know you love it Zindal, you are always trying to put your sword into anything you can”

Urso: " best we find someplace to hide these bodies, maybe burn too"

Garrion: they have hellknight armor, and morning stars and shields….

Urso: (anything useful on them?)

Loryc: (And burn em too)

Eltera: sorry im about asleep here

  • Zindal non-chalantly starts cleaning the blood off his sword as he smirks at Tristan’s comment

Zindal: “True enough.”

Loryc: (Basically the goal is to make it look like banditry. and not a rescue)

Tristan: “you guys see if they got anything good, i’ll keep a look out up here”

Urso: (are the horses branded or anything special about them that would make them easy to tell they are hellknight ones?)

Garrion: we can adress the loot and cleanup via forum over the next week

Zindal: Yeah that’s fine

Tristan: (to the wizard) “I still say dropping a couple at a distance would have been a better plan but you do have some handy spells there”

Garrion: the horses are branded

Urso: (there a speak with dead spell? will it not be better to just make em disappear… put a little fear into them… )

Satomi: “Hmph… I need to study my anatomy better…”

Tristan: “hey mage, you got a spell to get rid of those brands?”

Zindal: “Would you like some private lessons, Boss?”

Zindal: “I’d be more than happy to teach you…”

Garrion: Zindal can show you how to poke

Urso: " might be able to rebrand them, covering up the old one"

Tristan: “did you have to kill the horse?”

Tristan: (only saying that because I missed)

Garrion: give them to the stable owner as gift for stealing his. then the hell knights think he took them and kill him, haha

Loryc: “Well I could conceal them temporarily, but I can’t get rid of them permanently.”

Zindal: “Have to? Probably not. But I chose to.”

Urso: ( so Urso only one to take damage?)

Loryc: “But it’ll be enough to sell them somewhere, perhaps back to the hell knights if they need new horses.”

Zindal: (Think so, heh)

Tristan: “just giving you a hard time, probably a good idea in case he decided to run”

Loryc: “Wouldn’t that be fun? To sell them back their own mounts.”

Urso: " Urso get hit.. can someone bandage?"

Tristan: “zindal has delicate hands, he can probably help”

Garrion: yeah, the surpise helped out since you got free actions and rtistan able to take out a couple before they could do much

Satomi: “Ehehe… Of course, Zindal… After all, I need to learn how to thrust my blade better…”

  • Satomi grins broadly.

Satomi: “For maximum penetration.”

  • Zindal grins at Satomi as he goes over to check on Urso’s arm…

Tristan: tristan laughs out loud at the bosses joke

Zindal: ←rolls First Aid and gets 15 vs. Skill (11 with a modifier of 0)

Zindal FAILS by 4

Zindal: Distracted by the boss flirting with me for a change, lol

Garrion: Zindal fails to help the wound

Tristan: “your hands must be numb from all those handjobs you been giving” (jumping down to help Urso out)

Zindal: “I’m something of an expert in that field, as you’ve seen… But you haven’t seen the full extent of my skills.”

  • Urso is not impressed.

Tristan: ←rolls First Aid and gets 12 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Tristan SUCCEEDS by 0

Tristan: “I got ya big guy”

Garrion: lol, i hope tat was not in response to tristans comment

Tristan: roll-1

Zindal: Nah that was to Satomi

Tristan: lol

Satomi: :3

Loryc: “Lets load these new bodies into the wagon and drive the wagon to the swamp where we can burn and unload them.”

Urso: so heal worked or no?

Tristan: i’m not trying to impress him either…

Loryc: “We should also stealk some of thier more valuable armor too, amke it look like a robbery.”

Garrion: yes,

Loryc: (Could we wear their armor? or is it like form fitted?)

Urso: how much heals?

Garrion: was the the big 30 minute wound dressing?

Tristan: by the way, I think a greathelm gives tunnle vision so no dodging from attacks from the side (I think)

Urso: ya, it does

Eltera: “This aint my idea of a fun time. Let’s get this shit over with.” she helps load the hellknight bodies onto the wagon

Urso: not quite tunnel, whatever the next step up is..

Urso: cone vision

Garrion: yeah, just a cone field of view

Loryc: (Yeah maybe we shouldn’t tkae 30 minutes for that… )

Satomi: “It’s suspicious enough as it is to ambush them on this road…”

Tristan: so I think you can’t see attacks from the side therefore do not get active defences agaist them

Loryc: (I mena unless he does it on the wagon)

Loryc: (Figure he can bandage once we’re moving.)

Garrion: which gives -2 defenses out to 180 degrees

Loryc: “SOme of you grab some of the horses too… keep those… we can try to sell them.”

Tristan: “Maybe we can leave a note or something giving cliam to someone else, who are the knights enemies?”

Garrion: past 180 yu are defenseless

Tristan: ok, good to know

Garrion: if i have it correct

Zindal: Heh, well the vision arc is a little more than 180 degrees

Loryc: “Probably better if we let them guess who it is. So long as they think the prisoner died in the attack, we should be okay.”

Zindal: Looks like about 230 or so

Garrion: we talking with great helm

Zindal: Ah, okay

Garrion: ok, time to wrap up… 1 cp each.. good battle but not much for plot or quests

Tristan: good for learning mechanics

Garrion: i’ll get log posted and site updated

Zindal: How many CP have we earned since the end of the last quest?

Garrion: and we can handle a few things on forum

Garrion: would have to look at site.. each session is listed

Zindal: k

Garrion: and the total is on there too under the rewards

Cedric is disconnected.

Garrion: https://gurps-on-golarion.obsidianportal.com/wikis/character-points

Zindal: Yeah I found it, thanks

Garrion: looks like it was 1, 1, and 2… eltera missed one session

Tristan: “so boss, now that we made friends with the hellknight organization who do we piss off next?”

Loryc: “Well we haven’t pissed them off becuase they don’t know it was us.”

Loryc: “Of course… next I was thinking about robbing some nobles.”

Zindal: “Now you’ve got my interest.”

Garrion: (well hopefully you can hide th evidence and not acquire The Order of the Rack as a “Enemy”

Tristan: (I want to take a good look around and make sure there are no scouts or other observers"

Tristan: "well Loryc, your friends know it was us and people talk…. probably not too long before our “heroic” deeds start spreading"

Garrion: more importantly you shold hide your own tracks and evidence so their scouts do not track you

Zindal: “If these are the best they have to offer then I have little concern about that.”

Tristan: "yeah, I figured I would take the horses off and let them go then walk back (down a creek or something to hide my tracks)

Garrion: among hellknights you have a feeling even the full knights were lower ranked

Tristan: “so, if no one cares i’ll lead these horses off and draw the attention away like they were stolen while you guys ditch the wagon. You cool with that boss?”

Loryc: “Well we can keep the horses and sell them if you like.”

Loryc: “It’ll help with the bandit image.”

Garrion: oh, i have been working on a couple heist jobs for you.. one is on the site.. the Mayor’s Estate

Loryc: (heh, cool, we can rob the mayor.)

Zindal: “Where exactly are we going to sell branded horses?”

Tristan: “i’m ok with making a little coin if you can cover up these markings. Your probably going to get someone killed so sell them to someone you don’t like”

Garrion: i have no details becuase it is not really a job or something you have looked into.. but there is a single simple rum or

Garrion: The Mayor’s Vault The mayor’s mansion is rumored to have a magical vault that holds many valuable treasures and secrets.

Loryc: (that sounds like a good target)

Loryc: “Well I can remove the branding temporarily.”

Garrion: I’m also working on one i want to call the Jewel of Westcrown… i have to decide where it is being kept

Loryc: “At least as long as it takes to sell them.”

Loryc: “There’s plenty of shady merchants.”

Loryc: “We sell it to him, then I can give the hell knights an anonymous tip of where to find their horses.”

Tristan: “ok, so who’s on your shitlist your going to sell them to? after those markings show up that person is going to die”

Tristan: “wouldn’t that make you a shady merchant?”

Loryc: “Zindal… Zindal… when did you start taking up philosophy?”

Loryc: “I’m sure I can come up with a few merchants who deserve what’s coming to them.”

Satomi: (sorry hehe, was afk)

Satomi: (Thought we were done so I went to the bathroom >>; )

Garrion: ok, i have to work tomorrow so saving and heading AFK

Tristan: “up to you, I don’t have any family in westcrown”

  • Zindal shrugs

Zindal: “I don’t care so long as we get some good coin out of it.”

Loryc: “Well I’ll sell it to them wtih an illusion on myself too.”

Loryc: “Well unfortunately being a shady merchant he’s probably going to try to rip us off, so we won’t get a great price, but then… it’s not as though he’s really getting a great deal either.”

Tristan: “why don’t we leave the horses and you just make some rocks look like dragon eggs?”

Satomi: (I’m definitely replacing Satomi’s greed with some kind of weird merchant’s code of honor)

Loryc: “Because dragon eggs raise more questions, and i’ts more fun this way.”

Satomi: “Is there a merchant you hate that much…?”

  • Satomi glances around warily.

Loryc: “There’s plenty that get by by cheating the people of Westcrown.”

Tristan: “all this scheaming…. let’s just rob some rich people and take it easy for awhile while we live off their fat”

Satomi: “It’s not to say I don’t mind a good scheme… But a lethal business transaction just seems… Beyond the pale…”

  • Loryc shrugs. If you’d be happier if we just take a detour and release them far into the wild we can do that too.

Loryc: “It just helps the disguise of banditry if we actually sell them.”

Satomi: (But for now…)

Tristan: “I don’t really care, You sell them and give us a cut”

Satomi: Satomi rolls 3d6 and gets 12 vs. Skill (12 with a modifier of 0)

Satomi SUCCEEDS by 0

Zindal: “I only care about the coin, not where or how it’s obtained.”

Zindal: “Up to you as always, Boss.”

Tristan: (i let them talk it out and I go start collecting my (spent) bodkins. don’t want to point any attention back to an archer)

Satomi: “Mmm… I suppose for the sake of coin, I could put out some quick feelers for any really, really corrupt traders nobody will miss…~”

  • Loryc nods.

Zindal: “Perhaps find someone who collaborates with the Hellknights? Like maybe the one who supplies their horses?”

  • Zindal smirks

Loryc: “I wouldn’t think of putting innocent people in harm’s way. I’m not that kind of person.”

  • Loryc nods to Zindal.

Satomi: “There must be at least one person like that in Cheliax…”

Loryc: “I like that idea.”

  • Satomi nods.

Tristan: (not really a bunch of heros are we?)

Zindal: lol well the Hellknights are an evil organization

Loryc: Yeah lol.

Satomi: “It’s just that I’m a bit unusual for a merchant in that I lack any close family…”

Zindal: I mean they worship fucking Asmodeus, Archduke of the Nine Hells

Loryc: Npormally Loryc doesn’t kill people haphazardly, like he wouldnt do this to the city guard.

Zindal: You don’t get much more evil than that

Loryc: But yeah, you worship the universe’s equivalent of satan… you aren’t an innocent anymore

Tristan: “so boss, I take it whatever debt you owed to the mage is paid in full now?”

Satomi: “And if the Hellknights come after someone for buying stolen horses, they might not stop with the so-called perpetrator, you know?”

  • Satomi looks at the mage.

Loryc: “I know… they’ll torture him no doubt… and he can tell them all about the person who bought them.. which can be someone we also don’t like.”

Satomi: “Er, yes, though I was talking about the likelihood of them harming the gentleman’s hypothetical family as well.”

Loryc: (Do the hell knights operate that way? Or would they just grab him if they can?)

Loryc: (oh wait G is afk)

Satomi: (I think G went to bed)

Zindal: lol yeah

Loryc: heh.. well I’ll have to get an answer from him about that

Tristan: so, the plan is to disguise the horses and sell them then?

Satomi: I’m disappointed too cause I wanted to tell him I was making my pixie a rebel

Zindal: Yeah pretty much

Tristan: rebel pixe, nice.

Tristan: you shuld give her a mohawk

Tristan: and tatoos

Tristan: tattoos

Loryc: hehe…

Loryc: Too bad he didn’t let you take radiation magic.

Satomi: Yeah, I only made my greed roll by 0, so I’m ok with getting someone killed if it’s a real major-league asshole.

Loryc: Nukey the radiation fairy would be awesome.

Satomi: Also hehehe :3 Yeah that’d be hilarious.

Zindal: Hell yeah

Zindal: Cast Gamma Ray Burst

Tristan: no dr for that…

Loryc: lol. unless they got lead plate armor.

Satomi: And yeah dude that’s basically my concept. I’m told that the Chelaxians have been pretty much taking a shit all over nature, so I figure she’d be all about some vengeance.

Satomi: Since pixies have Sense of Duty (Nature) in their template.

Tristan: i’m glad it was zindal that killed that horse…

Loryc: yeah even the druids have apparently turned to worshipping asmodeus.. so, there’s plenty to be angry about

Zindal: lol, yeah I did some Google searching on the role of Druids in Cheliax

Zindal: And it talked about the one order that basically just harvests trees to fuel the fires for worshipping Asmodeus as their way of surviving in Cheliax and not being culled by the government

Loryc: wow…

Loryc: druids that chop down trees for evil.

Zindal: Like they’re all pissed off because the government is basically raping nature and doing whatever the fuck they want, but at the same time they know that if they stand up against them too strongly they’ll get wiped out

Tristan: angry pixie mob

Satomi: Yeah I figure my pixie is gonna pretty much be an eco-terrorist, except the bad guys are literally devil-worshippers so she’s got a pretty good excuse

Loryc: hehe yeah, I mean that’s why Loryc was okay killing the hellknights, normally he’s against violence

Loryc: but hell knights are pretty much total bastards.

Satomi: Hehe. Yeah.

Zindal: http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5l9z5?How-Do-I-Play-a-Paladin-in-Service-to-Cheliax

Loryc: So he’s okay with killing people that live off torture and suffering.

Zindal: That’s the link I found, it’s a post on the official Paizo blog

Zindal: But it explains about Druids in Cheliax and shit

Zindal: Along with other classes

Loryc: heh.,

Zindal: The Black Wardens survived by dedicating themselves to Asmodeus dogma, claiming they grow the trees to stoke the fires of his dark glory.

Loryc: well at least they still grow trees, as opposed to being lumberjacks.

Zindal: lol yeah

Loryc: It’s just more like they claim they grow trees for hell.

Zindal: Yeah heh

Zindal: Like that’s their cover story basically

Loryc: Maybe one of Sachi’s goals could be to try to rally them into the resistance.

Zindal: All for the glory of Asmodeus and such

Loryc: She can be the Tyrion Lannister of the druids. Trying to get them to turn away from thier cowardly ways an dfight.

Tristan: if your a pixe, are you magic heavy? seems like you would only have a few hp

Loryc: If a tiny pixie could be driven to violence…

Satomi: As I’ve conceptualized her so far, pixie gets really excited about the idea of killing humans, but she recognizes the necessity of working with people who are more than 6" tall in order to accomplish real change

Tristan: i picture a chawawa (or however you spell that) humping a goblin leg.

Tristan: not very threatening

Loryc: WEll yeah she’s not gonna end up being a frontline fighter.

Zindal: lol

Zindal: Chihuahua

Zindal: I think is the spelling

Satomi: And yeah hehe, I’d be a wizard pretty much. I was gonna go more combat-oriented than T so we wouldn’t overlap so much, but mostly a spell-flinger and stuff.

Tristan: so, what kind of magic does a pixe have?

Zindal: I’m just having fun imagining a pixie casting ray spells

Loryc: well she can have any magic she wants.

Tristan: i think if she did mind control that could be pretty awesome

Loryc: heh. well I’ve got a bunch of mind control already.

Zindal: Yeah normally you would expcet some kind of charm or illusion stuff, but pixie going full Evocation is unexpected and funny

Loryc: I mean not to say she can’t overlap some, but be nice to have some versatility.

Tristan: i’m heading to bed guys, past 1 here. Have a great week and see you soon.

Tristan: and I did not thin you plan sucked, just playing in character

Loryc: Plus you need to take evicerate Sachi.

Satomi: Yeah hehe, Loryc is already a pretty subtle kind of wizard, so I was gonna go offensive for the fun factor like Tab said :3

Loryc: hehe, yeah it worked well.

Tristan: we do need to make urso take weapon master though…

Zindal: Yeah I’m gonna get some sleep too, I may or may not be called into work sometime this weekend depending on whether they decide to send somebody to grab the $20 worth of parts sitting in a warehouse in town before Monday

Satomi: Ouch x.x

Satomi: Yeah, I guess I’ll sign off too, it looks like the party’s over

Satomi: Night everyone!

Loryc: gnight!

Taragnor is disconnected.

Sachi is disconnected.

Sefiros is disconnected.

Tabris is disconnected.

Tristan is disconnected.

Session 4

GURPS on Golarion Garrion